Topic: Brendan Schaub

Schaub Thinks Beating Nogueira Should Earn Him Title Shot.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

08.18.2011 | 3:52 PM ET

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Brendan "Big Brown" Schaub

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Brendan Peter Schaub
  • Pro MMA Record: 10-5-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Big Brown
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: December 06, 2014 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 244.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'4" (194cm) | Reach: 78.5" (199cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $220,000 USD
  • Born: Aurora, Colorado, United States
  • Fighting out of: Denver, Colorado
  • Head Coach: Greg Jackson
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.18.2011 | 5:44 PM ET

I was on ufc.com and you have no idea how much love was for Brock. It was like a plague. They treated him like he was a God. Once he faced Cain though. They all hid. He was hyped up to the max because of how shallow the division was at the time. It was looking so plain. Brock came in and everyone wanted to see how he'd do. They didn't care for his premature title shot because it wasn't all that interesting anyways at the time.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

08.18.2011 | 5:46 PM ET

I'm a huge Brock fan. Though I will admit it is because of his days in Smackdown :D

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.18.2011 | 5:46 PM ET

lol Ninja.

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,712  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

08.18.2011 | 5:52 PM ET

Hes would be on a 5 fight win streak let him try!  He will almost for sure lose but he can try.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.18.2011 | 7:19 PM ET

He doesn't deserve it.  If he gets by Big Nog... give him a #1 contender bout.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja

08.18.2011 | 7:28 PM ET

IMO It has nothing to do with deserving in this case. It's more about marketability. Schaub may be coming along nicely but he's not captured the audience's attraction like Liddel, Couture, Silva and - if you need a heavyweight example - Lesnar.

It's all well and good if he beats Nogueria but then what. UFC can't just give him a title shot and expect people to pay to see it. Schaub would need to be hyped up beforehand. I do agree a #1 contender's bout is a perfect way.

* Edited at 08.18.2011, 7:28 PM ET *

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.18.2011 | 7:33 PM ET

UFC can hype up any fighter. They modify fighters mma records. They've done it with numerous fighters I can't think of right now. UFC is a "hype machine" kind of company. All they have to do is talk about his consecutive wins and really hype him up. The casual fan will get hooked. Trust me I don't think they'd have a problem hyping up Brendan. 

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.18.2011 | 7:36 PM ET

But yes. I agree he needs one more fight. For him to even be mentioning in an interview he deserves a crack at the title is nuts. There are a lot of patient fighters that have to wait in line all the time. They have to sit on the side waiting for the door to be open while other fighters are crossing over. Getting recognition. Young prospects getting in the way. Colorful personalities such as Sonnen. Getting the spotlight and what not. Etc. List goes on and on. 
He needs to stop being so vocal and ****y and just perform against Nog. Not look past him.

themysticalninja
themysticalninja

Yeah I agree to a point. Still giving Brendan a title shot after Nog would be a seemingly bad move. I wouldn't be surprised though if he's two fights (including the nog fight) from a title shot.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

I agree Ninja. I think that's how it'll go down too.

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

08.18.2011 | 7:43 PM ET

Sadly, schaub beating big Nog means nothing right now in terms of who is a legitimate he contender. He'd get sodomized by Cain in what would be the fighting equivalent of American Me or irreversible.

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

08.18.2011 | 7:45 PM ET

A title shot is as much marketability as it is earned effort (Brock Lesnar).  It wasn't that long ago he earned a spot on someone else's highlight reel, an already in-the-market Roy Nelson.  He will need to put some more distance between himself and his last loss, and beat a top 10 guy, not a room full of gatekeepers. 

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

themysticalninja
themysticalninja

08.18.2011 | 7:57 PM ET

"A title shot is as much marketability as it is earned effort (Brock Lesnar)."

Dan Hardy says "lol wut?"

Digler
Digler
  • Predictions:  78  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  111
  • Post Score: 149

08.18.2011 | 8:02 PM ET

Kind of disrespectful to Big Nog by already putting their upcoming fight in the bag. Even with the win though I don't think he would deserve it. Maybe let him go up against Mir. Mitrione and Kongo already matched up. Why not Struve or better yet Travis Browne before stepping up before a Frank Mir. I think he would be in for a beat down if he was matched against JDS.
RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

08.18.2011 | 8:54 PM ET

I hope Big Nog puts a Big Knock on Schaub to put all of this out of the equation.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

08.18.2011 | 8:58 PM ET

@RWLawman, I agree with you 100% I would love it if Nog KOed Schaub

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

08.18.2011 | 10:49 PM ET

Some people are saying Schaub will KO Nog cuz hes old and past his prime and hes gonna get destroyed. If Nog wins, im pretty sure their excuse will be that Nog is a legend and its understandable that Schaub lost to such a great fighter.  i wonder how many people will hop on the nog bandwagon.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

LiLRASKALG
LiLRASKALG
  • Predictions:  3,613  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 86

08.18.2011 | 10:55 PM ET

Okay lets just say he do get by BIG NOG, he still not ready go against LESNAR, CAIN, JDS, CARWIN hell even another FINALE bout with BIGG COUNTRY. "YO if ROY NELSON knocked u out how u think u'll do in a championship fight???"

"IF I AGREE WITH YOU THEN WE WOULD BOTH BE WRONG!"

****estar
****estar
  • Predictions:  670  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  730
  • Post Score: 245

08.18.2011 | 11:27 PM ET

I kinda wanna see a matt mitrione vs brendan schaub fight, not a number one contender match but, a quote unquote "title eliminator"

"Blood alone turns the wheels of history" - Dwight Schrute

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

08.19.2011 | 12:32 AM ET

I think Joe Silva has specifically avoided the Mitrione/Schaub for some reason and I can't understand why.

They are both climbing the ranks pretty evenly, so I just don't get it. That's legit main-event material for a UFN/Live event if they both win their upcoming fights.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida