Topic: dos Anjos vs. McGregor

dos Anjos vs. McGregor

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

01.07.2016 | 11:11 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for dos Anjos vs. McGregor. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

4whotsk
4whotsk
  • Predictions:  30,642  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  224
  • Post Score: 261

01.20.2016 | 2:54 PM ET

Prediction: dos Anjos  |  Decision

"Gods recognize gods" 
The Notorious one lmao 

"get some!"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

01.20.2016 | 3:03 PM ET

Cowboy returned shortly after his beating so Conor should also for UFC 200.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,518  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,205
  • Post Score: 225

01.21.2016 | 2:34 PM ET

people are seriously in favour of McGregor for this fight? I guess the whole UFC/McGregor marketing really does wonders. RDA walks around close to 198 lbs (he said that himself on an interview to Canal Combate) and is soon moving to WW. 

My prediction is that RDA takes McGregor down easily at the beginning of each round and destroys McGregor.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,005  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

01.21.2016 | 2:44 PM ET

RDA's moving to welterweight according to who? Himself? Kinda doubt that happens personally.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

vazio
vazio

01.21.2016 | 2:46 PM ET

@PillaryChoke yes, according to him. check it out, google is your friend.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,005  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

01.21.2016 | 4:26 PM ET

I'll believe it when I see it. He gives up a lot of height and reach to most at welterweight and never seems to have had much of a problem with his lightweight cut.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.21.2016 | 6:02 PM ET

Can't wait until March 5th.

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

01.21.2016 | 6:37 PM ET

apparently Conor is now aming for the WW belt.  perhaps someone slipped him some shrooms on his lucky charms this morning

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.21.2016 | 11:27 PM ET

Prediction: McGregor  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

@Vazio: Where did you see RDA considering a move to 170? I haven't heard that. 

As for the fight, I could easily see your prediction coming true and this one looking a lot like RDA-Pettis. 

However, McGregor's got more power than Pettis IMO, especially in his hands, and he's damn accurate. He's certainly capable of shutting RDA's lights out, but will be interesting to see if he can deal with the wrestling and top control. Mendes is a better pure wrestler than RDA, but his top game and overall size is nothing compared to him. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

5ive
5ive
  • Predictions:  155  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 43

01.22.2016 | 12:27 AM ET

Prediction: McGregor  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

"perhaps someone slipped him some shrooms on his lucky charms this morning"         - legacyofmisfortune 

vazio
vazio

01.22.2016 | 1:26 AM ET

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

01.22.2016 | 1:29 AM ET

Prediction: McGregor  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

I wouldn't mind seeing McGregor or RDA at 170, not sure they do well, but it'd be cool.

As for this fight, it's such a close fight, but I've doubted Conor enough, he gets this done.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 1 day, 6 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

01.22.2016 | 12:30 PM ET

Werdum and RDA will make this either the greatest or worst year for Kings MMA.

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

01.22.2016 | 12:42 PM ET

I don't know about McGregor at 170. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of there being a 165 and 175 division, and just abandoning the 170 division all together. Having 15lbs differences between weight classes at that size doesn't make sense to me.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

01.23.2016 | 1:30 AM ET

@unbeknownst  

It is flat out greed, 100%. McGregor's biggest challenge stands right before him at FW, the man who's been calling him out all along (you know, the one who deserves it). Nevertheless, I almost hope Conor beats RDA because Frankie's got a bead on him and fire in his eyes. To see Edgar return to LW and take the 155lb strap from McGregor--exposure will never be sweeter.

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.23.2016 | 9:33 AM ET

He will lose to RDA and then Edgar but will walk away with a lot of money.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.23.2016 | 2:43 PM ET

@vazio, not everyone picking Conor over RDA is doing so on account of the UFC marleting machine. RDA lunges more than Aldo when he strikes and Conor's footwork and lateral movement as opposed to Pettis and Cerrone's complete lack of it give him a better chance of not getting pushed against the fence. I don't see RDA being able to handle too many Conor strikes just because he's a bigger guy and I doo see how those strikes are going to land.

I do agree however, that it'll be ... let's say challenging ... for Conor when they are against the fence and if/when RDA does get Conor down, but I'm pretty sure with how aggressive and open RDA is that Conor will have all he needs to end the fight.

Not saying easy fight, but I don't think it's that hard to see what Conor brings to this fight nor am I doing so because the UFC have "convinced me Conor is a god". I haven't bought into a UFC promo since forever. It's just the way I see their styles clash. I can see this fight going either way, depending on how Conor lands in the first round. The longer the fight is, the more "top time" RDA will have and the less sting Conor will have. Footwork won't keep you on your feet for the whole 25 and I find it hard to see Conor shaking RDA off him for more than one or two "sessions".

Not everyone who likes Conor is a bandwagoner "believeing the hype", behind all the bells and whisltles you have to admit he's also a pretty unique and spectacular fighter.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

vazio
vazio

01.23.2016 | 5:27 PM ET

@yoss don't take it too personally, brah. I never said Conor isn't a spectacular fighter, nor he didn't stand a chance to win. I was just impressed by how most people in Tap are picking Conor over RDA. even if you personally don't "belive the hype" you gotta admit that it has an impact on these numbers.
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.23.2016 | 6:05 PM ET

^^^ Good points, Vazio. 

Honestly, I'm a big believer in Conor, but it reminds me a bit of BJ Penn fans during his heyday.

He is an amazing fighter, but sometimes the narrative spun by Penn's fan base clashed with reality and really put me off regarding HOW good he actually was. 

Conor is great, but he's got weaknesses. I don't pretend those don't exist like some of his fans (many) do. 

For years, I was a Penn hater, until I realized I didn't hate Penn, but rather the vocal fanbase he had.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.23.2016 | 6:30 PM ET

Yes, a lot of people think he is unstoppable despite him getting dominated by Mendes (on 2 weeks notice) and his road to Aldo was easier than most would be. Dana even tried to make people think that Siver was a reason to give him a shot. All you have to do is look back at his Porker fight and how they put Conor into a 7 K a night hotel before that fight. Do you do that a guy who hsd only beat Brandao?They wanted him to be champ from almost the beginning. If you bring up the torn ACL with Mendes then you have to ask on whether it was an excuse or if Conor was dumb to not drop out.

* Edited at 01.23.2016, 6:32 PM ET *

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 post-event facts: Ryan Spann's struggles continue
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Reacts To Conor McGregor’s BKFC Ownership: ‘Nobody Moved That Needle Like Him’
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic knows Ian Machado Garry won't fight him but in his 'humble opinion,' would knock him out