Topic: dos Anjos vs. McGregor

dos Anjos vs. McGregor

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

01.07.2016 | 11:11 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for dos Anjos vs. McGregor. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

01.12.2016 | 4:25 PM ET

Prediction: McGregor  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

It's cool though bro, I wish I were you.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,515  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

01.12.2016 | 5:37 PM ET

He loves the attention.  Him saying he does not is a lie.  Otherwise, he not wear those awful plaid suits.  :)

He has to play the Irish angle as it is good for not only his country but also for the many people of Irish descent here.  It is the same with how people go for groups who are Mexican or Polish with their fighters.  BTW, my ancestors are all from Poland and I couldn't care less if someone from Poland wins a fight or not.  I am beyond where my ancestors came from as that is why I am here and not there.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,540  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.12.2016 | 6:00 PM ET

Prediction: McGregor  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

Man, I love most you guys, but sometimes MMA fans just blow my mind on what a bunch of whiney hags you are. So much complaining, so much negativity in a thread and not one post about the fact that THIS IS ******* HAPPENING!!

#1 vs. #1! Champion vs. Champion. The possibility of a multi-division champ! Two badass studs, in their primes, with a combined 11 fights win streak in the UFC are actually meeting with gold on the line! No catchweight, no gruesome 3 year negotioations about how long your toe nails can be a week before fight night. ******* history in the making!

This thing is actually happening and all you guys have got to say about it is ***** about Frankie, about both guys defending titles a bit more, how the UFC is "saving Conor from losing his belt", if Conor is doing the right thing by moving up, how the **** one man can properly defend two belts and how much time he spends in ******* Ireland.

Who cares???? It's a great fight! Champion vs. Champion people! Sit back and enjoy it, that's all we need to do in this case. The rest will take care of itself, believe me. If defending two belts becomes a hassle, he'll leave one of them behind (if he even wins the second one), Frankie will get another crack at gold, life will go on.

* Edited at 01.12.2016, 6:28 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.12.2016 | 6:05 PM ET

It will be a great fight but to say he earned the right to fight RDA is a stretch.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

01.12.2016 | 6:24 PM ET

Prediction: dos Anjos  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

@yoss  I'll speak for myself on this.  My anger is with Dana White and Zuffa, not the fight itself.  The fact that they back stabbed Frankie Edgar, a fighter who has been one of their best champions at 155 and gave them some exciting fights during his time with the promotion, after they explicitly promised him the winner of Aldo/McGregor is enraging.  Add on the fact that McGregor hasn't defended the belt ONCE and gets this fight with RDA already makes it even more ludicrous.  BJ Penn had to defend his belt against Sean Sherk first before he got his chance to fight against GSP for the Welterweight strap at UFC 94.  Why can't Conor do the same?  If he is as good as he hypes himself up to be, McGregor should make quick work of Edgar so he can fight RDA at UFC 200.

I have no problem with the fight itself.  Hell, I think would be a great main event for UFC 200.  But for Dana White to **** over Frankie Edgar, who is the clear #1 contender at 145 and has done all the right things to earn a title shot, all because Zuffa wants to cash in now and not wait until UFC 200 to make the money fight is absurd.  Edgar should have his title shot before Conor gets his shot at RDA.  And I don't care what John Kavanaugh says about not wanting McGregor to fight at 145 again because of the weight cut.  McGregor owes it to that belt and to Frankie Edgar to defend it at least once before he goes to 155 for good.

* Edited at 01.12.2016, 6:29 PM ET *

"..."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,540  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.12.2016 | 6:34 PM ET

@Hornet, I'm not saying I disagree with most of the whining that's going on, but let's have a little perspective here. At the end of the day, we're getting a rarity given to us, so yeah, a lot of what's said is true, but who cares?

So much ****'s going on, who cares about deserving, not deserving or any of the other stuff right now? Can't we just stop being analysts, matchmakers and promotion owners for one second and go back to being fans? Champion vs. Champion! How many times has that happened?

As I said, Frankie will get his shot sonner rather than later, if Conor or RDA aren't deserving or the real deal it'll reveal itself too. This is something we should just enjoy, but we've all become so cynical, that no matter how good it gets we're constantly complaining about what we're not getting. All those things are so minor in the grand scheme of things.

At the end of the day, we want to see great fighters fight great fights. This is the creme de la creme of that statement.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

01.12.2016 | 7:54 PM ET

2nd Time in UFC history that two undisputed champions will be fighting each other. This is a blockbuster event.

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.13.2016 | 7:47 AM ET

It is simple: Conor can lose at 155 and still fight again at 145. The UFC gets at least 2 title fights out of him.

notsmb
notsmb
  • Predictions:  1,754  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  162
  • Post Score: 190

01.13.2016 | 1:07 PM ET

Dos Anjos needs to do what he did against Pettis which is pressure Conor against the cage and get him down. He's too much of a cerebral fighter to stand with him.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488

01.13.2016 | 1:12 PM ET

Prediction: dos Anjos  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

I imagine he will. Even the way he fought Diaz for the most part. Heavy leg kicks on the feet, not getting overly aggressive, and taking the fight to the mat when he gets the chance. With a coach like Cordeiro in his corner, I will be surprised if RDA doesn't come out with a perfect gameplan for this fight. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

01.13.2016 | 4:53 PM ET

I think Dos Anjos gets the win here but I was wrong for the Poirier, Mendes and Aldo fights so what the hell do I know. I'm not really a fan of Conor but can't deny what he has done at this point. I will probably pick against him again here, but man if he dismantles RDA like he has everyone else it's GOAT time...

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

01.13.2016 | 6:46 PM ET

only if the fight is fixed does conor win. the ufc would be strupid for doing this too. the LW division is by far the most stacked division there is and if he beats RDA he makes that division not look so good after all. i like watching conor too b/c he fights for KO"s but edgar should have gotten a shot first with mcgregor. edgar has been a company fighter too. i feel bad for frankie.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 7 hours, and 40 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.14.2016 | 7:49 AM ET

RDA better not let it go to a decision. 

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,073  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

01.19.2016 | 12:43 PM ET

What can I say about this fight that hasn't been said. Mcgregor could get in a lucky punch or as he would like to say "accurate" and people will tout him as the greatest thing since chips in a bag or Dos Anjos will use his power and control him which we have seen can be done when Mcgregor fought Chad Mendes or maybe he will land a "accurate" shot after all his last 3 of 5 fights have ended by knock out two of which were to guys with very good chins (Cerrone & Henderson). I just hate the idea of Mcgregor having two belts and locking up fights for other contenders, because he can only fight once every few months (even if he doesn't get injured) while guys like Frankie Edgar just get to sit on their hands and wait.

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.19.2016 | 2:08 PM ET

To yoss's point, I also don't get the hate toward this fight. 

If Conor is able to defend 145 in July against Edgar, it would be a pretty standard turnaround for a champ. 

Also, to the point some raised that their issues are with the UFC allowing it to happen, if you've been following the news cycle around MCG lately, you'll know that the UFC did not want this to happen, but Conor is calling the shots right now.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.19.2016 | 2:56 PM ET

To say that Conor is calling the shots is ludicrous. They just want to put him out there more and this is a great way to do it.  They offer him enough to make him take the fight. 

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488

01.19.2016 | 3:01 PM ET

Prediction: dos Anjos  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

To say that Conor isn't calling the shots is bonkers, mate. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.19.2016 | 5:58 PM ET

That's the thing about power is that it can so easily be taken away.  Who has the money to give that power?

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.19.2016 | 8:07 PM ET

My dream scenario is for Conor to KO RDA and then announce that he's creating his own rival fighting promotion, a la Floyd Mayweather, and then forces the UFC to co-promote all of his fights with him.

One can dream right?

People seem to forget that Dos Anjos is first and foremost a jiu-jitsu player. After seeing how easily Mendes out-grappled Conor, I just can't pick him to win this.

"الله أكبرl"

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

01.20.2016 | 1:56 AM ET

Prediction: McGregor  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

McGregor will weather the early storm with and TKO early stoppage in the second....

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Colby Covington Claims ‘The Ship Has Sailed’ on Ian Garry Fight, Calls Out Charles Oliveira and Belal Muhammad
  • MMA Junkie : UFC books 'Korean Super Boy' Doo Ho Choi return vs. Bill Algeo
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference video at 5:30 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis medical suspensions: 2 fighters face indefinite layoffs until cleared
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Aldo, Till, Hooper, Feldman, and Johnson now
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champ Ryan Bader joins cast for Mark Kerr biopic starring The Rock
  • UFC.com : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7
  • MMAFighting.com : Colby Covington says ship sailed on Ian Machado Garry fight, wants Belal Muhammad or Charles Oliveira instead
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 medical suspensions: Nine fighters headed to shelf after St. Louis return
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241: Make your predictions for Edson Barboza vs. Lerone Murphy
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Bader joins cast for Mark Kerr biopic starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
  • MMA Mania : Covington Calls For ‘Legacy’ Fight Against Oliveira
  • UFC.com : Lerone Murphy Primed To Test Himself
  • UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | May 13, 2024 - May 19, 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Lerone Murphy: UFC Fight Night 241 headliner vs. Edson Barboza 'a fraud check' for me
  • UFC.com : How To Watch Road To UFC Season 3
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Says Alex Pereira Should Be In GOAT Conversation If He Wins Heavyweight Title
  • MMA Junkie : Joe Rogan says Mike Tyson in savage mode: 'If I was Jake Paul, I would be sh*tting my pants'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Paul Vs. Tyson Press Conference Video!
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Veteran Mansher Khera Moves To 8-0 In MMA Career At Fury FC 90