Topic: T.J. Dillashaw

TJ Dillashaw leaving Alpha Male?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

10.06.2015 | 2:20 PM ET

I don't know if these rumours are true or not (here reported by severemma.com and the original from Combate in Portuguese), but if they are you can just add to another one of Mystic Mac's predictions coming true.

Basically saying he's leaving TAM to form his own team (sponsored by Muscle Pharm or something) in Colorado.

The snake in the grass or just a rumour blown out of proportion?

I guess time will tell...

* Edited at 10.06.2015, 3:08 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

T.J. Dillashaw

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Tyler Jeffrey Dillashaw
  • Pro MMA Record: 17-5-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: October 22, 2022 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Bantamweight | Last Weigh-In: 135.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 5'6" (168cm) | Reach: 67.0" (170cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,270,000 USD
  • Born: Sonora, California, United States
  • Fighting out of: Sacramento, California
  • College: Cal State Fullerton
  • Foundation Style: N/A
  • Head Coach: Duane Ludwig
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

yossgold
yossgold

10.06.2015 | 2:24 PM ET

By the way, this is how Google translates the Portuguese story (I'm pretty sure one of our Brazzo Taps could do a better job, though it's pretty understandable as is):

"Champion of the UFC roosters, TJ Dillashaw is output from Team Alpha Male. The fighter, who was discovered by Urijah Faber, team leader, while still practiced wrestling in college, follow training in Colorado, USA, which will enter the MMA team Muscle Pharm. According to the Combate.com found to sources close to the situation, the team is still in the formative stage and can be called MP Elevation. The headquarters will be in the premises of Muscle Pharm Sports Science Center Research Institute, inaugurated on June 13 in Denver. TJ, however, will also continue training with Duane Ludwig, the Ludwig Martial Arts, located in the same city.

The training center of Muscle Pharm has 3,700 square meters and combines the latest in equipment, doctors and nutritionists. The company supplements, which also sponsors athletes like Luke Rockhold, Paige VanZant and Robbie Lawler, is now investing to form his own MMA team. For this, he decided to join one of the leading teams in Colorado, Elevation Fight Team, house athletes like Brandon Thatch and cat zingano.

The change of TJ to Colorado takes place amid a controversy between Faber and Duane Ludwig, former chief coach of the Sacramento team, who left the post in May last year to open his own gym in Denver. The coach had taken over the team in 2013, and the good results that year earned him the title of "best coach" and "best team". His departure, however, was not well received by some athletes of the Alpha Male, who accused him of having used the gym just to gain name.

The UFC bantamweight champion will continue training with Duane Ludwig (Photo: Evelyn Rodrigues)

Despite the unfriendly climate between the two sides, Dillashaw continued splitting your workouts between Sacramento and Colorado. However, shortly before his fight against Renan Barao at UFC Chicago on 25 July, a Duane statement to the podcast "Fight Club", he returned to cause a real fire between the parties:

- TJ is the one who wants to be champion. Nobody trains more focused than he on the team. There are people who want more than the other and he believes and trains harder than others - said the coach, causing the ire of members of the team led by Faber, who responded with provocations on their profiles on social networks.

Last month, the "California Kid" explained the site "MMA Fighting" the reasons that led his team to break with Ludwig and accused the coach of being racist, do bullying and to refuse to teach the female athletes in time that was ahead of the academy. He also said Duane came falling out with Dillashaw for a few times, mostly for cash account. The coach, in turn, denied the charges later.

Sacramento Team Dillashaw The output also rekindles the possibility of a duel between him and Faber, who is currently placed fourth in the division of roosters. The UFC tried to schedule the fighting in the past, but at the time, the leader of Team Alpha Male chose to decline the offer."

* Edited at 10.06.2015, 2:25 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

10.06.2015 | 2:28 PM ET

If this is true, then the UFC will no doubt try again to get Faber and Dillashaw to fight; this time I imagine more money will be involved for all parties.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

yossgold
yossgold

10.06.2015 | 3:07 PM ET

Well, it's on FOX now:

FOX Sports: UFC โ€@UFCONFOX  30s31 seconds agoChicago, IL

T.J. Dillashaw exits Team Alpha Male to join new team in Colorado http://foxs.pt/1VDrNAj  #UFC

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

10.06.2015 | 3:14 PM ET

I kinda was wondering if this would happen.  I kinda figured that Duane would be flipping out about what Faber said behind the scenes and making it even more personal. I doubt he was cool with TJ training with Faber in them after that given Duane personality.  So I figured TJ would split from one or the other sooner or later. Was kinda hoping he stay with Alpha Male. If this is true, does not seem like a great move by TJ, but I doubt he had much choice with Duane.

"here I come to save the day"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

10.06.2015 | 3:46 PM ET

His name is Tyler Jeffrey?

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

yossgold
yossgold

10.06.2015 | 3:49 PM ET

Nah, I think Duane is too money-orientated to start **** with TJ if he still wanted to stay with TAM. He needs TJ more than the other way round because as of now TJ is his brand. I think this is a money thing. Muscle Pharm, who are one of the UFC's in-octagon sponsors want to start a high profile MMA team and TJ-Duane seed like the most lucrative and easily snagged option.

I could be wrong though, I don't think it's that far fetched that Duane's that fanatic and TJ is that much of a ******.

Nomad
Nomad

10.06.2015 | 3:56 PM ET

Duane "Don King" Ludwig. Be careful Tyler Jeffrey Dillashaw, yous just a country boy.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Griffy
Griffy

10.06.2015 | 7:56 PM ET

๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ
๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ
๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ

Time to start taking Conor's word as the word of God.

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

10.06.2015 | 8:23 PM ET

Yeah......

This falls under the 'had to be posted' but duhhhhh category.

* Edited at 10.06.2015, 8:52 PM ET *

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

10.06.2015 | 10:11 PM ET

Who honestly gives a **** at this point?  People act like Dillashaw needs to be loyal to Faber and Team Alpha Male; which he doesn't. That's primitive creonte culture and it has no place in modern MMA.

* Edited at 10.06.2015, 10:19 PM ET *

"..."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

10.07.2015 | 4:24 PM ET

Here TJ gives his reason for leaving. Yoss was spot on.  

http://www.lowkickmma.com/News/tj-dillashaw-im-just-taking-an-opportunity-thats-given/

ps:  Be funny if it turns out Connor turn down the offer first.

"here I come to save the day"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

10.07.2015 | 4:56 PM ET

Why do people make it sound like McGregor predicted something mind-blowing? He didn't. Not to mention the fact majority of TJ's camp for Barao II was at Elevation. I don't get the big deal tbh.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Griffy
Griffy

10.07.2015 | 5:34 PM ET

I don't believe TJ really understands the saying 'I wouldn't trade it for the World'

Here is a exert from the link above...

โ€œI wouldnโ€™t trade that [the TAM experience] in for the world. Itโ€™s got me to where Iโ€™m at. Itโ€™s helped me out. Itโ€™s taught me the person I am. Iโ€™ve learned so much here. The experience Iโ€™ve had here has been unreal. But when something like this comes at you, you canโ€™t turn it down."

I wonder if TJ would have reacted any differently, to the offer of training at Elevation and (most specifically) being coached by Ludwig if he had never won the title?

Nomad
Nomad

10.07.2015 | 5:56 PM ET

TJ just wants to **** ******* and eat Pasceghtti.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

10.07.2015 | 6:13 PM ET

and he is all out of *******

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

10.07.2015 | 7:01 PM ET

This officially make McGregor - Macradamus.

This opens up the Dillashaw vs. Faber money fight.

This is the future of MMA training facilities. These corporations will bring these top flight fighters (plus top coaches) and pay them to train and fight out of their official gyms. We're going to see corporate gyms rather than independent martial art gyms.   

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Jonathan Martinez Has Momentum
  • MMA Mania : Video! Canelo, Munguia Share Intense Final Face Off
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira responds to Jon Jonesโ€™ callout for โ€˜massiveโ€™ UFC heavyweight title bout
  • Middle Easy : UFC 303: Conor McGregor Boldly Claims Heโ€™d Beat Charles Oliveira, Michael Chandler In Same Night
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Gambling Preview: Will Steve Erceg upset Alexandre Pantoja in Rio?
  • UFC.com : UFC 301 Embedded | All Episodes
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg prediction, pick: Is an upset looming at UFC 301?
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Elves Brener battle through scary weight cut with Charles Oliveira for UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Jon Jones Passes on Tom Aspinall, Eyes Historic Showdown with Alex Pereira
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 5 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Mungia weigh-in results: Canelo Alvarez on weight for title defense
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Ceremonial Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : 'Honored' Alex Pereira loves Jon Jones fight pitch, but needs UFC green light for heavyweight shift
  • UFC.com : Ismael Bonfim Is Looking To Impress
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: โ€˜Iโ€™m going to smash it in with elbows if you donโ€™t,โ€™ Garcia responds
  • UFC.com : Josรฉ Aldo: A Homecoming Fit For A King
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 5: Nightswimming deserves a quiet night with Karolina Kowalkiewicz
  • UFC.com : Iasmin Lucindo Is Ready To Start Building Her Own Legacy
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Canelo Vs Munguia Weigh Ins!