Tapology Forums

Condit vs Lawler

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

07.23.2015 | 9:50 AM ET

Looks like there making 
Condit vs Lawler

Woodly vs Hendricks

I am not mad at this at all. I love these fights and if this is accurate.
http://www.lowkickmma.com/ufc-3/report-lawler-vs-condit-hendricks-vs-woodley-for-ufc-194/

"here I come to save the day"

Responses Page 3

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

07.28.2015 | 1:15 PM ET

#lawyered

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.28.2015 | 2:14 PM ET

Alright Franklin I realize your comprehension skills aren't that good so we'll just make it easy. If Condit fights Hendricks or Woodley or any fighter with good wrestling again and his TDD in those individual fights aren't at least at the average UFC rate then he will lose. You have to remember what judges look at it and they obviously look at a takedown whether you do anything with it or not as a significant move. Being on your back attempting a triangle is not going to get it done. Since  Condit has come back from his knee injury he has worked feverishly to improve his TDD because unlike you he recognizes that's what's going to take his game to the next level. 

Before you sit back all proud of yourself for actually being right about something for a change let's see if he gets past Lawler first. If he does and rematches Hendricks and Woodley and beats the both of them (which I'll be rooting for him to do) and he still can't defend a takedown then I will gladly say I was wrong and you were right. But the chances of him doing that are about as good as Bethe beating Ronda by 1st round arm bar this Saturday so good luck little buddy.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

07.28.2015 | 2:36 PM ET

"Alright Franklin I realize your comprehension skills aren't that good so we'll just make it easy."

This is hilarious given the fact you keep missing the major point of my argument and proceeded to miss it yet again below.

" If Condit fights Hendricks or Woodley or any fighter with good wrestling again and his TDD in those individual fights aren't at least at the average UFC rate then he will lose. "

Except for the fact he already proven to be good enough on the ground to negate his lack of TDD.  Which he did by triangling woodly instantly when they hit the ground and by beating hendricks everytime he took condit to the ground. One fight could have gone either way and like I said earlier, most people recognize condit would have won if it had been a 5 rounder and the other fight he blow out his knee in a freak accident. Neitherfight did he have any issues when he was on the ground. Again you keep not factoring in that we are talking about 5 round fights, which both Hendricks and Woodly can't keep the type of pace needed to repeatedly take someone like condit down, which we have already seen by hendrick completely gassing and getting worked by condit in the 3rd.

"You have to remember what judges look at it and they obviously look at a takedown whether you do anything with it or not as a significant move. Being on your back attempting a triangle is not going to get it done."

Except it will in a 5 round fight when they can't hope to keep the pace up and they are getting worked everytime they go to the ground with him. Woodly had nothing for condit on the ground, which was evidence by the fact as soon as he took carlos don't he was completely negated and put into a triangle which he only excpaed by being a physical beast and powering out of it, which he can only do for so long. Also not to mention Kim who has amazing top control, could not do anything to condit once he got on top, he was instantly reversed.

"Since  Condit has come back from his knee injury he has worked feverishly to improve his TDD because unlike you he recognizes that's what's going to take his game to the next level. "

Condit been working on improving his take down defense since before the GSP fight. This is nothing new, which is why like I said 4 times to you already, it has improved which is evident by his fight with Kampman in which Kampman could only get him down in the first and then was unable to the rest of the fight.

"Before you sit back all proud of yourself for actually being right about something for a change let's see if he gets past Lawler first. If he does and rematches Hendricks and Woodley and beats the both of them (which I'll be rooting for him to do) and he still can't defend a takedown then I will gladly say I was wrong and you were right. But the chances of him doing that are about as good as Bethe beating Ronda by 1st round arm bar this Saturday so good luck little buddy."

Oh please, prettty much everytime we argue, it me proving you wrong. Mister Nate M the second best welter weight in the world, and we saw how right you where about that right?

Well be prepared to be telling me im right, because that what going to happen. All condit going to do is let them tire themselfs out trying to wrestle him, then once they slow down, he going to maul them.  So I will be accepting your apologies within a year and haft I suspect.

* Edited at 07.28.2015, 2:38 PM ET *

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

07.28.2015 | 10:27 PM ET

I still hate having to pick this fight, literally 50/50 for me. 

The TDD of Condit won't mean **** for this fight, Lawler is going to stand and bang.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 3 days, 16 hours, and 35 minutes from now.
Last_stand
Last_stand
  • Predictions:  305  |  58.4%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 86

07.28.2015 | 11:50 PM ET

I am a fan of both fights, and I think solid points were made on some of the initial points- Hendricks is a pain in the ass to deal with, and it was funny you said woodly gets out of 5 rounders cause I cant think of one he has been in- except in strikeforce? I could be wrong-
I love the Condit title fight tho- rankings be damned. Those are manipulated bu the Brass to suit their needs anyway and Lawler with Condit has EPIC writtin all over it.
I cant stand Hendricks style of fighting anyway; all I see is his bull rush, grab the back of the head and upper cut. Its like a GIF of that the whole time he fights.
I know their is more to it, that's just what happens to my screen anytime he fights on it. I dunno who wins either fight at any rate.

"A man should be able to govern himself, based on whatever concept he sees fit."

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

07.29.2015 | 12:06 AM ET

@last-stand I can understand disliknig Hendricks as many many people do, but to discredit his fighting style as nothing more then bull rush, grab the back of the hand, and upper cut is just horribly stupid. Hendrick's use of collar ties to move his opponent and as a means of transition between uppercuts hooks and knees makes him IMO one of the most technical clinch fighters in that regard. 

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/2/7310557/johny-hendricks-vs-robbie-lawler-ii-ufc-181-judo-chop-wrestle-boxer-mma-technique-gif
Last_stand
Last_stand

07.29.2015 | 12:17 AM ET

I cant explain it- it literally happens every time he fights- My tv, computer, even my phone- its just a GIF of him doing that. :)

I fully acknowledge that he is a skilled fighter, and I disagree that he has a top tier clinch game, I stand by my statement- I don't think that their is a terrible amount of skill- a lot of wrestling strength and brute force, again, that's my observation- and that's what I think, as horribly stupid as you may think it is.
 I know their is a reason he was the champion and will continue to be a force in the division. I don't care for him as a fighter and I am entitled to that.  It is all personal preference, as is almost anything on forums.
I appreciate your response one way or another.

"A man should be able to govern himself, based on whatever concept he sees fit."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

07.29.2015 | 6:50 AM ET

Hendricks is very skilled whether you like him or not.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

07.29.2015 | 10:10 AM ET

Hendricks should still have the belt. Something happened to him after losing that decision to GSP. He became way more focused on scoring points than he did before that fight and it wound up costing him another decision against Lawler in a fight I personally think he won, even though it was razor close just like their first fight was. I'm sorry if people disagree with it and are tired of rematches, but Hendricks deserves a rematch more than Condit deserves a shot. I can understand why the UFC would make Condit vs Lawler instead though. Stylistically it's fireworks. They'll more than likely stand toe to toe and try to kill each other until someone falls. Hendricks vs Lawler did 300k ppv buys and the rematch did 400k according to this site

Not really huge numbers, probably average to above average, but with GSP gone and Diaz pretty much being gone they don't have anyone in the WW division that's a big draw. Some of the buy amounts are laughable. No one gives a **** to watch Aldo or the lighter weight classes, yet Rousey's 30 second fights do around 500k buys. Casual MMA fans are stupid.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 12 hours, and 39 minutes from now.
nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

07.29.2015 | 9:53 PM ET

@Last stand I find that you over-generalization of wrestling as Hinton more then two unskilled opponents butting heads and just squeezing with all their huge muscles rather insulting to the sport. Seeing as how you're so poorly educated you are concerning wrestling, may i suggest that you go the Amateur Wrestling thread I started so you can learn more.  
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

07.29.2015 | 10:08 PM ET

Upon looking at the thumbs I have to ask, am I in a very small minority of people who thought Hendricks won the second fight with Lawler, or am I in the minority of people who wants to see a trilogy? I like pretty much all 4 of the guys involved in the two fights in the OP. Woodley peeved me a little ducking Lombard, but after having confirmation that Lombard was juicing I'll let that slide. Other than that though I think these 4 guys are definitely the top 4 in the division outside of Rory Mac who just got his shot and wound up brain dead afterward, and are all fun fighters to watch. Just curious if it's people disagreeing with the Hendricks decision or the match making.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 12 hours, and 39 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

07.29.2015 | 10:23 PM ET

I love the Condit/Lawler fight and don't know who to root for.  Hands down two of the most entertaining fighters in MMA.  Therefore I'm excited for this throw down. 

That being said, I agree with you, CtJones. I do want to see a rematch in the near future. I also thought Hendricks won both fights. I actually thought he beat GSP too.  Though, I wouldn't call either a robbery. 

Though, it could be considered karma, as I thought Hendricks lost to Koscheck and Pierce. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

07.29.2015 | 10:27 PM ET

I pretty much agree with your scoring of all of those fights. I can't remember the Hendricks vs. Pierce fight too well, just remember it was close and I didn't think Hendricks was anything other than a run of the mill WW. Boy, I was wrong.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

07.29.2015 | 10:36 PM ET

I knew he was good but not as good as he's turned out. I did win a few $ on Story though.  I would've liked to see Story vs Pierce after they stopped training together. Pierce was one of the more undervalued guys in the game for a long time, IMO. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

07.29.2015 | 11:28 PM ET

Agreed, been a Pierce fan for a while. One of the main reasons I dislike Rousimar so much. He basically ****** up Pierce's career.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

07.29.2015 | 11:38 PM ET

This fight is so ******* good. Holy ****. I cannot wait. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.30.2015 | 2:33 AM ET

@Cthulhu, you hit the nail on the head. Hendricks doesn't approach a fight as a fight, he scores. If he can't get the KO he starts overthinking.

"I was scoring, I got the TD at the end of the round", stuff like that.

I also believed he won the second fight against Lawler if you're counting won rounds (which as far as I know, we still are) but I also think that if you look at it as a complete fight, Lawler won so I'm happy the decision did go his way (also, because I actually scored the first fight for Lawler due to jack **** happening when Johny did take him down and I'm reluctant to score TDs that lead to nothing unless absolutely nothing else happened in the round, then I use it as a tie-breaker - as I would a guard pull too by the way).

The only thing I disagree with is that he started doing it after the GSP fight. I think he always did that, left-overs from his wrestling career. It was just less noticable because he was KOing guys left and right (mostly left). Look at the Koscheck and Pierce fights. When he can't get the KO, he stops fighting and starts scoring, which is why he's so shocked every time he loses a decision because he's decided on a set of parameters that if all are fulfilled, you won the round while as MMA judging is so all over the place you can't really do that.
Anyways, given that I personally scored the Condit, Pierce, Koscheck and 1st Lawler fights against him, I've got absolutely no issues with Karma biting him on the ass in the Lawler rematch.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Last_stand
Last_stand

07.30.2015 | 2:28 PM ET

@nogfan

I am sorry that you are getting all riled up about my comments; it is something you clearly care about, and I don't want you to misconstrue any of my comments.
I didn't over generalize anything. I spoke of Big Rigs clinch. I don't care for his style and his clinch does not seem technical to me, it seems to be muscling it more than any particular technique. My observation. Nothing more. 

For the record, I follow your amateur wrestling thread- it is well done, very informative and shows a passion for the sport.
 I wrestled for a number of years and I am a high school wrestling coach, I love the sport and always will- so feel free to chastise me- and seemingly over react to something I didn't even say.

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

07.30.2015 | 4:12 PM ET

This thread cracks me up from the Condit wins all 5 round fights to the hendrix won the 2nd Lawler fight this **** is hilarious.

Please explain how you KNOW Condit wins those fights if they are 5 rounds.

Woodley is a bafoon and won't fight anyone from ATT.

While I would like to think Condit wins that fight with Woodley the knee injury means we can only speculate the outcome.  

Stating Condit wins any 5 round fight is pretty ludicrous if you ask me.

Oh and I am a huge NBK mark too.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

07.30.2015 | 4:24 PM ET

This is fresh coming from the guy who repeatedly tried to argue that Roids where not beneficial to fighters and did not have impact on the outcome of fights. Which is the single most hilarious argument I have ever heard on this forum.

* Edited at 07.30.2015, 4:25 PM ET *

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves