Tapology Forums

Condit vs Lawler

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

07.23.2015 | 9:50 AM ET

Looks like there making 
Condit vs Lawler

Woodly vs Hendricks

I am not mad at this at all. I love these fights and if this is accurate.
http://www.lowkickmma.com/ufc-3/report-lawler-vs-condit-hendricks-vs-woodley-for-ufc-194/

"here I come to save the day"

Responses Page 2

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

07.23.2015 | 1:59 PM ET

CONDE NAST!!!!!

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

07.23.2015 | 2:36 PM ET

In a perfect world I'd like to see Lawler vs GSP, Condit vs Woodley II and Rory vs Hendricks. But since GSP is probably gone for good I'm more than okay with Condit vs Lawler and Hendricks vs Woodley for #1 contender.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 3 days, 17 hours, and 51 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

07.23.2015 | 2:43 PM ET

MMA swag 

MMA swag 

All yall 

el wanna 

Piece 

my  MMA swag

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,038  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

07.23.2015 | 3:55 PM ET

@rappinpapsoda  I bought the UFC 33 PPV and the ppv ending before the Ortiz fight finished was great.There was like 15 seconds left,Tito was destroying The Janitor and then I didn't have to pay for it haha.

* Edited at 07.23.2015, 3:55 PM ET *

terrencetj
terrencetj
  • Predictions:  34,101  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,646
  • Post Score: 258

07.23.2015 | 6:09 PM ET

Damn eh i was just thinking about a Lawler/Condit matchup the other night and think it would be a WAR!!!!!
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

07.23.2015 | 6:47 PM ET

This and Hendricks/Woodley are rumored for Calgary. I will make the trip to see it if these do actually get added to the card. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.23.2015 | 7:13 PM ET

@franklin I love Condit and he's definitely a top WW but the best? If he had average takedown defense I could see him being champion and defending it a few times. But he doesn't. It is unbelievable to me how good Condit is in most areas but can't defend a takedown to save his life. Maybe in another division he could get away with sub par TDD but not at WW. 

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

07.23.2015 | 9:09 PM ET

Kuma, mine went all the way through the event.  It did not get cut off for me.  I do remember though, that some people said theirs did.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

07.24.2015 | 11:22 AM ET

@p4P

Condit take down defense is better then you are giving him credit for. He has impproved it and for example stuffed all of Martin Kampan taken downs after the first round of there fight. Martin was able to out wrestle Rick Story for three rounds. So Carlos Take Down defense is a fair bit better then your giving him credit for.

Why can't he be successful at the highest level with out great TDD? Especially if he fighting 5 round fights?  Hendrick fight could have gone either way, and Hendrick was getting his ass kicked in the 3rd and would have lost had it been a 5 round fight. So why does Carlos need to stuff him to win?  Also how about Woodly? Condit traingle him instantly when they hit the ground and Woodly had to power out of it.  If Carlos had not blow out his knee, there really no reason to assume he have trouble on the ground with woodly. Condit does not need to stuff these guys to win, when he beats there asses as soon has he hits the matt. Yea it might bite him in the ass in 3 rounders, but not 5 rounders. They will tire out and condit will finish most of if not all of these guys within 5 rounds.

* Edited at 07.24.2015, 11:28 AM ET *

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

07.24.2015 | 11:40 AM ET

I don´t think Condit´s TDD is that bad, he was able to stuff GSP TD´s enough to put a beating on his face, if he could do that to GSP he can beat anyone with his level of TDD. 
having said that Lawler needs no takedowns to maul Condit, this can be easily FOTN in pretty much any card the UFC makes, but I would have liked to see Condit put on a little streak first, hell Lawler vs Woodley makes more sense.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

07.24.2015 | 12:12 PM ET

A small infant could touch GSP's face and he'd look like he'd been through a war zone afterwards.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 13 hours, and 55 minutes from now.
legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

07.24.2015 | 12:35 PM ET

that may be so, but the kicks, punches and elbows from Condit are not a pillow fight. And that was the bloodiest mess GSP has endured in anyone of his fights

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

07.24.2015 | 1:48 PM ET

Yea Condit landed some hard shots on GSP during his attempts to finish. In my opinion that the best GSP ive ever seen and in my opinion GSP most impressive performance.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

07.24.2015 | 2:37 PM ET

GSP was 7 of 8 on TDs against Condit, so he was only stuffed once ...

That said, I agree with the idea that that was a great-looking GSP and as a huge nut-hugger of his, GSP-Condit is my favorite fight of his career, with the Thiago Alves fight being a close second.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

07.27.2015 | 1:39 PM ET

Condit is awesome but he could nto do anything to GSP accept for that nice kick in the 3rd.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

p4pgoat
p4pgoat

07.27.2015 | 2:35 PM ET

Condit's TDD is 40%. The UFC average is about 60.5% so yes Condit is significantly below the average. Condit is one of and might be the best guy in MMA off his back which may play a part in getting taken down. He simply doesn't mind being taken down because he is so good off his back. He also stands really up right which makes it easier for wrestlers to land a shot. Any way you look at it Condit must improve his TDD drastically if he ever wants to be a champion that has staying power. Frankly I hope he is able to accomplish that and has a good title run.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.27.2015 | 3:24 PM ET

His TDD % is misleading. Don't forget he's more or less fought the who's-who of 170lbs MMA wrestling (Including the king of MMA wrestling himself, GSP).

Fighting Tyrone Woodley (2xNCAA DIV I All-American), Johny Hendricks (2xNCAA champ), GSP (UFC's TD record holder if I'm not mistaken and arguably the best MMA wrestler of all time), Rory MacDonald, Jake Ellenberger along with the fact that he's very aggressive and as you stated, isn't really afraid of fighting off his back, may give and illusion of very poor TDD.

I'm not saying he's Chuck Liddell, just saying that comparing his 40% to the UFC avg. of 60% is a tad off.

I don't think his TDD is going to be tested against Lawler, but yeah, the minute he fights the next in line (Johny or Tyrone, same-same) he's going to need to find a way. I personally feel it won't necessarily need to be much better TDD. I think he beat Hendricks and the way the fight was going, with an extra 2 rounds he'd have most likely started to dominate him (speculation I know, but that's more or less where the momentum of the fight was) and as for Woodley, I also believe that there's no way on the planet Woodley's got 5 rounds of explosiveness in him. He may have some success to start off with like he did in the first fight, be he'll start crumbling even faster than Johny will because he's got more muscles and less heart and will power.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

07.28.2015 | 11:20 AM ET

@P4p

Yes and he also fighting the best wrestler's in the game, that not accurate depiction of his wrestling compared to the average UFC fighter. Please try using context with your arguments, instead of just relaying a pure statistic that does not factor in the level of opponents wrestling.  Again you completely ignore his Kampman fight in which he showed improved take down defense by stuffing every take down from Kampman after the first round.  Which is showing improved take down defense when Kampman has out wrestled people like Rick Story for 3 rounds.  Why does he need to improve his take down defense for staying power? You completely ignore the majority of my post and just restated your original post with nothing to support your stance or defend against my arguments. Again I will restate this, since it clearly went over your head the last time.  Condit would have won a 5 rounder against Hendricks, despite getting taken down 14 times, so why does he need to improve his take down defense for staying power?  He also triangle woodly instantly when they hit the ground, so again why does he need to improve his take down defense to be an effective champ?  Could you try responding to my entire post next time, instead of just you restating the same thing again..........

@Yoss

I completely agree, and cosigned.

* Edited at 07.28.2015, 12:00 PM ET *

p4pgoat
p4pgoat

07.28.2015 | 12:14 PM ET

Franklin, you always say things like he would have done this if...like you know for certain he would have beaten Hendricks in a 5 round fight. That's not fact just because you assume it. Fact is 40% TDD for any fighter is abysmal. You made my point for me when you said he's fighting some of the best wrestlers in the sport in the WW division. That is the exact point on why he must greatly improve his TDD. Could he beat Lawler and be champ...sure he could but Lawler doesn't present a threat to take him down. 

Look at his last 5 fights. Lost to GSP who has some of the best MMA wrestling of all time, no shame in that...lost to Hendricks who's a very good wrestler. Even though Condit was active off his back and was winning in the stand up he lost because he couldn't defend a takedown. Then he beats Kampann which you think is the greatest thing ever because he stuffed some takedown attempts from a boxing based fighter. And Kampann still landed 6 takedowns in the fight. Then he loses to T-Wood who's another good wrestler although T-Wood was winning everywhere of the fight before the unfortunate injury. Woodley landed 3/3 on takedowns in that one. Then he beats Alves who offers up no threat of wrestling. So 2-3 in his last 5 fights all 3 losses coming to guys who can wrestle.

So again simply if Carlos Condit does not improve his TDD significantly he can become the champ but he won't stay there for long because of the wrestling pedigree that is in the WW division. I don't see why that is so hard for you to grasp. If you are naive enough to think that you can have a 40% TDD in the WW division and have staying power as the champion then I guess you will be surprised by the future. And what I find most funny about your baseless argument is that Condit himself said he must improve his TDD if he's going to be at the top.

Like I said Condit is one of my favorite fighters in the sport and I would love to see him improve his TDD and have a long reign as the champion. 

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

07.28.2015 | 12:50 PM ET

"Franklin, you always say things like he would have done this if...like you know for certain he would have beaten Hendricks in a 5 round fight. That's not fact just because you assume it.

You can honestly sit there with a straight face and tell me carlos would not have won that if it was 5 round?  Oh please, Carlos could have easily been given the nod in 3 rounds, let alone if they went for two more. Hendricks was completely gassed and getting his **** kicked in, and you somehow think Condit would not have won the fight if it had gone on for two more rounds? 

"Fact is 40% TDD for any fighter is abysmal. You made my point for me when you said he's fighting some of the best wrestlers in the sport in the WW division. That is the exact point on why he must greatly improve his TDD. Could he beat Lawler and be champ...sure he could but Lawler doesn't present a threat to take him down. "

Not when you’re versing the best wrestler in the entire UFC.  Again who has done **** with their takedown outside gsp? No one, which is something you keep missing. Anytime anyone taken calros down outside GSP.

"Look at his last 5 fights. Lost to GSP who has some of the best MMA wrestling of all time, no shame in that"

Yes GSP, the only person who actually been able to win the grappling exchanges with condit and who retired and is not coming back, so irrelevant.

"...lost to Hendricks who's a very good wrestler. Even though Condit was active off his back and was winning in the stand up he lost because he couldn't defend a takedown. "

The fight could have easily gone carlos condit way and was extremely close. COndit was winning both standing and on the ground, Hendricks was only winning the TD, but could do nothing once on the ground. He also was completely gassed and getting his **** kicked in the 3rd, which does not bowl well for hendrick is a championship fight

"Then he beats Kampann which you think is the greatest thing ever because he stuffed some takedown attempts from a boxing based fighter.And Kampann still landed 6 takedowns in the fight."

No, I saying it show an improvement in COndit wrestling defense which you keep ignoring. The first time they fought Kampman was able to take him down throughout the fight, the second time he was so gassed from spending all his energy trying to get Condit down in the first round, that he was not able to take carlos down throughout the rest of the fight, which show marked improvement in Carlos condit TDD. 

Also Kampman wrestling is pretyt dam good, he out wrestled fighters like rick story.  Trying to undersell him by referring to him as just a boxer, is a joke. Kampman has some of the most underrated wrestling in the entire UFC.

"Then he loses to T-Wood who's another good wrestler although T-Wood was winning everywhere of the fight before the unfortunate injury. Woodley landed 3/3 on takedowns in that one."

Again you ignore the fact that literally as soon as Woodly took Carlos down he got triangle. Woodly could not do **** to carlos on the ground until carlos blow out his knee in a freak injury. So keep bringing up carlos getting taken down is irrelevant, when these fighters all were losing to condit as soon as they hit the ground and have shown to dramatically slow down as fights go on.

"Then he beats Alves who offers up no threat of wrestling. So 2-3 in his last 5 fights all 3 losses coming to guys who can wrestle."

Except context is needed. Hendrick fight could have gone either wey, he was also getting his ass kicked in the 3rd and most reasonable people understand he would have lost had that been 5 round fight and arguably could have lost the 3 round fight.  He also could not do anything to carlos once they hit the ground, which you conveniently keep leaving out.  With Tyron again you conveniently keep leaving out that he could do nothing to carlos on the ground once he got him there and got instantly in a  triangle the first attempt he made to put carlos on his back.  Only person you even have a point with is GSP and he retired, so it is irrelevant. By the way your boy GSP thinks carlos would have beaten hendrick if that was 5 rounds and he think he beat hendrick now in a 5 rounder as well.

"So again simply if Carlos Condit does not improve his TDD significantly he can become the champ but he won't stay there for long because of the wrestling pedigree that is in the WW division."

Except this is not case and your using flaw logic and reasoning. Because every time he actually hit the ground with Woodly and hendricks of the world he whooping them off his back. So insisting he has to improve his takedown defense to be lengthy champ is just ********. 

"I don't see why that is so hard for you to grasp. If you are naive enough to think that you can have a 40% TDD in the WW division and have staying power as the champion then I guess you will be sur"prised by the future. And what I find most funny about your baseless argument is that Condit himself said he must improve his TDD if he's going to be at the top."

Take a look in the mirror my friend, you can't grasp that taking someone down, does not mean **** if they can't do anything to the person once there on the ground.  I think you just don't grasp how different a fight with Condit against hendricks and woodly when it five rounds, is going to make. Don't worry once carloss merks both those fools in 5 rounders. I am going to be sitting here smugg as can be, telling your dumbass I told you so, even after both those fools take carlos down several times and don't do **** with the takedowns like ive been trying to explain to you over and over, yet you keep repeating the same dumb ****. By the way both your boys Rory/GSP think carlos would beat Woodly/Hendrick is 5 round fights. Don't worry ill make sure to remind you that I told you so, when carlos wins the belt and defends it.

Here GSP thoughts on facing carlos in 5 rounders:

"Carlos Condit is a nightmare. Of all the guys that I would not want to fight again, it would be Carlos Condit. Because Carlos Condit [...] is very well rounded, things can come out of every angle, from everywhere. Johny Hendricks is very good at what he does. Not as surprising as Carlos Condit, but he's very good at what he does. He hits very hard with his left. But I do believe right now, if you talk about ranking and positioning, the man that deserves the title shot would be Johny Hendricks. That's what I believe. But Carlos Condit is not far behind. And on a five round fight, I believe right now in the mix, Carlos Condit might be the most dangerous guy. He has more weapons in his arsenal and you never know where it's coming from. It's just a nightmare fighting a guy like this. If I would have to bet -- let's have no choice -- between Lawler, Hendricks and Condit, I believe Condit is the one that will emerge victorious. That's on a five round fight. He's a nightmare."

* Edited at 07.28.2015, 1:40 PM ET *

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : WWE Superstar MVP Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation