Topic: Off Topic

Tapology Talks: Books

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

03.09.2015 | 5:07 PM ET

Here you go Griffy! Let's talk books!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Responses Page 11

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.21.2023 | 4:05 PM ET

Not sure if you guys are interested in short stories but here is one of mine on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Snowbound-RW-Biga-ebook/dp/B0BLJ27KW5/

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

03.29.2023 | 2:42 PM ET

Rare conference edition really want this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234948829672?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=IWbv5WwgTmq&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=-eplsgjrsyg&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

* Edited at 03.29.2023, 2:42 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.01.2023 | 4:49 AM ET

Cant believe this is for sale, at this cheap price.... Its priceless, truly... @Gregory please dont buy this, your a made man already, I really need this, I need the knowledge to ascend to the higher class realms of upper society and the supernatural
world

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354409400471

* Edited at 04.01.2023, 8:58 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.04.2023 | 4:33 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.10.2023 | 3:12 PM ET

My mom is reading this I'll read after, she put WMMA into the mainstream they all owe her

Got an original copy for free :)

* Edited at 04.10.2023, 3:12 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,316  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,320
  • Post Score: 285

04.10.2023 | 7:50 PM ET

@WastelandWanderer

Regardless of how much the skill level of WMMA advances over the years, any WMMA G.O.A.T list should have Ronda Rousey in it simply because she was a pioneer and ushered in and provided the stage for others to build their success on. I personally have Amanda Nunes as my WMMA G.O.A.T but without Ronda Rousey and her influence in getting women into the UFC then it's very possible that we'd never have seen Amanda Nunes in the UFC. She might not be the best in terms of skill and she certainly competed in a much shallower talent pool than today's fighters but the same could be said for the likes of Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Don Frye, Mark Coleman and all of the other early MMA pioneers. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.11.2023 | 1:17 AM ET

@Stephen Terry  

Yeah I get you... It doesnt really matter she has made millions, opened a new sport for 1000s of women, and kicked ass in MMA and WWE so its all good, but its annoying, and funny, my mother was telling me some parts of the first quarter of the book, Ronda said something along the lines of people training and not wanting leave a coach or team as to not offend them and lose a bond, thats what she did, she sacrificed glory to stay loyal to her coach and friend Edmund, and I think she is in with Armenians or something they are all in the judo scene in USA in California at least. Its annoying for me, cause she was never going to become a great striker learning the craft so late, had she moved to a top team like ATT ideally, or Kings MMA, or Xtreme Couture, (XC werent doing as well back then but you get me) One of these top gyms could have set up a wrestling program and high level sparring for her, had she got in that wrestling on top of her judo/jiu jitsu, and done a bit of striking, enough to set up the grappling/wrestling and defend, she may have retired undefeated... Good level judo/jiu jitsu with the tuning up of wrestling can be a great combination. Easy to say and theorize, but I was thinking had she become a mad wrestler instead of doing pads constantly with Edmund, who knows... Its all good though she doesnt care ha

Im just saying that cause like points/pin based wrestling is the superior grappling style, even though some matches may be a quick pin or parterre win... Its above all others in building combat abilities and athletic qualities for open rules fights, as long as you avoid submission attempts... People throw shade on greco-roman wrestling, but look at Topuria, he is a greco made machine, and the old guard kicked alot of butt. But yeah freestyle or American folk, or greco wrestling can go with anything, its still the best background for MMA/open rules fights after all these years in my opinion.... If Khamzat beats Izzy it will prove this post right... If not I am humbled, kickboxers are the true chosen kings ha

* Edited at 04.11.2023, 1:40 AM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.16.2023 | 7:36 PM ET

Gonna get this I think I'll start my own brand, Ecko is an early inspiration

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.08.2023 | 5:20 PM ET

I want just 1 hit before I die... 1 will do

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Manual

* Edited at 05.08.2023, 5:50 PM ET *

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
  • Predictions:  2,979  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 326

05.08.2023 | 6:50 PM ET

I hope you get your hit, Wasteland.  Keep writing!

"While I Have Breath, I Have Hope."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,316  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,320
  • Post Score: 285

05.08.2023 | 8:09 PM ET

@WastelandWanderer 

My recommendation would be to make the most annoying yet catchy song imaginable and try and get some big TikTok user to use it in their videos. Not the most noble way of getting a #1 hit but there's been loads of times I've heard a song recently that I didn't know where it came from and it turned out that it got big because of some TikTok influencer. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.08.2023 | 8:15 PM ET

I should have made at least a few electronic songs by now but some crap always kept delaying me.... I have an art background and did some piano/violin lessons as a kid, but that KLF video gives me alot of inspiration, electronic music is weird you can be artistically or musically talentless but still tap into that creative spirit and come up with a gem or 2, I have seen many 1 or 2 hit wonders over the years

I am not talking about pop charts I just want 1 one million views song on youtube be it drum n bass, or techno whatever, but I am into the modern house pop and underground house big in the UK they have great beats and vocals some of those songs never say never

* Edited at 05.08.2023, 8:22 PM ET *

Osantowski
Osantowski

05.08.2023 | 8:30 PM ET

@WastelandWanderer Look at what Timmy Trumpet does with that trumpet. That guy is awesome. I remember listening to him like 10-12 years ago on Ministry of Sound. Didn’t pay attention to him for awhile. Now the guy is producing hits sbd has a sweet style
Osantowski
Osantowski

05.08.2023 | 8:32 PM ET

@WastelandWanderer I really like what Maddix and Hardwell are doing now. Instead of “Big Room.” They pioneered and making popular “big room techno.” Techno appealing to the masses. I love it
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.08.2023 | 8:33 PM ET

Cool thanks I will look him up... I was thinking of trying to do some early mid 90s rave anthem type songs try and get some retro music tools or downloads....  Also some good drum n bass would be a dream if I can do that

Osantowski
Osantowski

05.08.2023 | 8:34 PM ET

I only like a few drum n bass songs. I know it’s big in the UK
Osantowski
Osantowski

05.08.2023 | 8:36 PM ET

Netsky-memory lane
AxaFin
AxaFin
  • Predictions:  1,499  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,798
  • Post Score: 144

05.08.2023 | 8:51 PM ET

Osantowskihow about this

"I've lost 7000€ on Jared Cannonier."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.08.2023 | 9:45 PM ET

Osantowski
Osantowski

05.08.2023 | 9:49 PM ET

@AxaFin  I like that song man. Dem vocals do it for me. Vocal trance or female lyrics with that beat do it for me. I’m putting that in my YT now 

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ‘Platinum’ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Official Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (9 p.m. ET)
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Recalls Justin Gaethje’s ‘Vibranium’ Leg Kicks: ‘This Guy Kick Hard As Sh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : Vanessa Demopoulos prepared to get used to familiarity with UFC opponents like Emily Ducote
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video at 9 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Hoping For McGregor ‘Of Old’ At UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Esparza loses three belts on scale
  • Bad Left Hook : Spence reportedly in ligation with former trainer over unpaid fees
  • Bad Left Hook : Errol Spence reportedly in ligation with trainer Derrick James over unpaid fees
  • MMA Junkie : Why Chael Sonnen thinks Tom Aspinall potentially facing Ciryl Gane at UFC 304 is a big risk
  • MMA Mania : ‘Crazy’ Stalker Sneaks Into UFC PI, Claims Ribas Is His ‘Wife’