Topic: Off Topic

Tapology Talks: Books

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,058  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,230
  • Post Score: 228

03.09.2015 | 5:07 PM ET

Here you go Griffy! Let's talk books!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Responses Page 10

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  229  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  253
  • Post Score: 279

07.15.2022 | 11:37 PM ET

Let's Revive This Thread: gwinCLARKE2019 Book Review Announcement

Based on a conversation in the Miscellaneous thread earlier this week, I've concluded that the Tapology community needs an updated book thread. To that, I intend to post bi-weekly books reviews in this thread with the intent of helping fellow Tapology users find interesting things to read. Feel free to join me in posting your own reviews. I have to finish up some studying so I probably won't post any reviews this month. But my goal is to get a new review out every two weeks starting on 8/5/2022. Here are some books that I am interested in covering:

• The Plantagenets: The Warriors Kings and Queens Who Made England (Dan Jones)
  • Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood (Trevor Noah)
  • Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe)
  • Black Rednecks and White Liberals (Thomas Sowell)
  • Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
  • Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis (J.D. Vance)
  • Coolidge (Amity Shlaes)
  • Once There Were Giants: The Golden Age of Heavyweight Boxing (Bob Izenberg)
  • Four Kings: Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran and the Last Great Era of Boxing (George Kimball)
  • King Lear (William Shakespeare) (technically a play, but one that I remember enjoying reading)

Feel free to critique my posts once they arrive, or to make suggestions in the meantime. 

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  229  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  253
  • Post Score: 279

08.05.2022 | 8:58 AM ET

Follow up to my original post

I have run into some time constraints based on inflexible life circumstances (nothing bad, just tedious). So my initial book review will be out early next week instead of today. But I think y'all will like it nonetheless.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  128,197  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  9,554
  • Post Score: 129

08.05.2022 | 10:57 AM ET

The Talent Code, book recommended by Matt Lindland

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  128,197  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  9,554
  • Post Score: 129

08.06.2022 | 9:24 AM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL Playoffs 2 Results
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Flying knee sends fighter face-first to canvas at Tuff-N-Uff 129
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC San Diego Results: Vera vs. Cruz
  • MMA Junkie : Goiti Yamauchi def. Neiman Gracie at Bellator 284: Best photos
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator 284 results: Goiti Yamauchi brings ‘Big Drama Show,’ knocks out Neiman Gracie in second
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator 284 results: Goiti Yamauchi folds Neiman Gracie with vicious uppercut knockout
  • MMA Weekly : Bellator 284: Goiti Yamauchi KOs Neiman Gracie, plus full results
  • MMA Weekly : Bellator 284: Goiti Yamauchi KO’s Neiman Gracie, plus full results
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator 284 results: Ilima-Lei Macfarlane survives guillotine, nearly losing shorts in first win since 2019
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 41 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs, photo gallery
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 41 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs video, photo gallery
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator 284 video: Aaron Jeffery wrecks Austin Vanderford with quick TKO
  • MMA Junkie : WWE's Bobby Lashley still wants MMA return, asked Vince McMahon about possible UFC fight
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator 284: Best photos from Sioux Falls
  • MMA Junkie : 'More muscles less fat': Paulo Costa appears in great shape ahead of UFC 278
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC San Diego preview show: Will Marlon Vera vs. Dominick Cruz winner get title shot?
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘I’m going to kick his ass tomorrow’: Marlon Vera booed in UFC San Diego faceoff with Dominick Cruz
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator 284 video: Sullivan Cauley's knee pulverizes Tyson Jefferies for faceplant knockout
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 41 video: Marlon Vera, Dominick Cruz intense at lone faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator 284 video: Wrestling standout Pat Downey runs through opponent in MMA debut