Topic: Werdum vs. Hunt

Werdum vs. Hunt

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,692  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

10.21.2014 | 8:38 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Werdum vs. Hunt. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

splashsergio
splashsergio
  • Predictions:  55,186  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  713
  • Post Score: 181

11.15.2014 | 7:42 AM ET

Prediction: correct Werdum   wrong Submission   correct Round 2  

Key of the fight, CARDIO!! 

or Hunt KO to werdum in round 1, or Werdum will be winner. 
- Werdum better Cardio.
- Ground game. Hunt in te ground is weak. And Werdum is stroger in the ground.

Round 1 and maybe 2 my fav is Hunt
Round 3,4,5 Werdum will be winner, unless lucky punch!
2 Nyce
2 Nyce
  • Predictions:  19,158  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,852
  • Post Score: 214

11.15.2014 | 9:46 AM ET

Prediction: correct Werdum   wrong Decision  

I don't know to go with a finish for Werdum or a Dec.  Although I don't want either.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,901  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

11.15.2014 | 9:47 AM ET

Prediction: correct Werdum   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

I doubt this goes the distance either way.
2 Nyce
2 Nyce
  • Predictions:  19,158  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,852
  • Post Score: 214

11.15.2014 | 9:51 AM ET

Prediction: correct Werdum   wrong Decision  

The only reason I think it will is because of the Browne fight
Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

11.15.2014 | 9:54 AM ET

Prediction: correct Werdum   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

I took over 1.5 rounds so hoping it at least goes 7:30.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,797
  • Post Score: 180

11.15.2014 | 1:25 PM ET

But big time rooting for Hunt

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

11.15.2014 | 1:57 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hunt   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

There is no doubt that Fabricio Werdum has become one of the most well-rounded HWs in all of MMA. He has improved vastly on ALL aspects of MMA. Not to mention, that he IS, quite possibly, the greatest HW submission fighter in all of MMA. That is why coming into this fight he is the heavy favorite. The one thing that the oddsmakers have not taken into consideration is that Werdum has had a questionable chin in the past, is coming into this fight 33 pounds lighter than his opponent, and his track record against great strikers has been really questionable. Now mind you, I'm talking about great strikers with decent ground or underrated ground games, not just good strikers who have good or well-improved ground games. Mark Hunt has vastly improved his overall ground game. You look at Werdum's losses to fighters like Andrei Arlovski, Alistair Overeem, and Sergei Kharitonov. None of them possess the KO power that even begins to compare to Mark Hunt. Whether a man is 20, 30, 40, or 50, at any age a man with that kind of KO power is dangerous to fight. Then you swing the argument the other way, 6 of Mark Hunt's 8 losses have come by way of first round submission, and many of those to fighters who's submission skills come nowhere close to that of Fabricio Werdum. Either way you look at it, you've got a formula for a fight that is going to possess a great finish.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,797
  • Post Score: 180

11.15.2014 | 3:30 PM ET

and none of those 3 KOed Werdum either. He lost all 3 by decision, his striking has obviously improved since even the most recent of those losses (Reem), and he's beaten KO artists Nelson & Browne with his striking since then. His only career stoppage loss was to a debuting JDS in a fight that Werdum was way out of shape for. I don't get where you get a "questionable chin" out of that.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Pulls Off Epic KO, Then His Shorts In Wild Celebration – UFC St. Louis Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis live blog: Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
  • MMA Mania : ‘Black Beast’ Batters Nascimento In Record-Setting KO
  • MMA Mania : Lomachenko Vs. Kamobosos Live Fight Blog, Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC 61 results: Jimmie Rivera out-battles Daniel Straus; Mike Trizano wows with 62-second knockout
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results NOW!
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis results: Joaquin Buckley thrills hometown crowd with dominant win over Nursulton Ruziboev
  • Middle Easy : Joaquin Buckley Outperforms Nursulton Ruziboev, Calls Out Conor McGregor- UFC St. Louis Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 results: Joaquin Buckley insults Conor McGregor's bloodline in callout after homecoming win
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch UFC St. Louis Post-Fight Presser
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Holland returns to middleweight, meets Michal Oleksiejczuk at UFC 302 in Newark
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis video: Carlos Ulberg demolishes Alonzo Menifield with blistering 12-second knockout
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Ulberg Demolishes Menifield In 12 Seconds
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 video: Carlos Ulberg extends streak, KOs Alonzo Menifield in 12 seconds
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 video: Diego Ferreira overcomes knockdown, mutilates Mateusz Rebecki's face for late TKO
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis video: Diego Ferreira storms back to stop Mateusz Rebecki with just 9 seconds left in fight
  • MMA Junkie : Diego Ferreira def. Mateusz Rebecki at UFC on ESPN 56: Best photos
  • MMA Mania : Fraud Check? Despaigne Absolutely Roasted After UFC St. Louis Stinker
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Woodson def. Alex Caceres at UFC on ESPN 56: Best photos