Topic: Jason High

Jason High cut from the UFC

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

06.10.2014 | 9:54 PM ET

Unfortunate, as I really like High, but you simply can't shove a referee. 

http://www.ufc.com/news/dana-download-june-10?utm_campaign=The+Download&utm_source=15600&utm_medium=Facebook%3A+UFC&

From the article:
"What I did find out is that I guess that Jason High kid got up and pushed a referee - he's cut," White said in disgust. "I'm going to cut him. I look at that the way (Paul) Daley put his hands on his opponent after a fight was over. You don't ever, ever f****** touch a referee, ever. You're done here. He's been apologizing on Twitter, but he's done."

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Jason "The Kansas City Bandit" High

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Jason H. High
  • Pro MMA Record: 23-8-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Kansas City Bandit
  • Current Streak: 2 Wins
  • Last Fight: December 11, 2020 in FAC
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 155.8 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 5'9" (176cm) | Reach: 71.0" (180cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $82,771 USD
  • Born: United States
  • Fighting out of: Huntington Beach, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

06.10.2014 | 9:56 PM ET

Damn, I'm 7-0 picking High. Probably not what I should have gleaned from this post. Oh well.

"Frig off, bud"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

06.10.2014 | 9:57 PM ET

Yvel KOed a referee and they still signed him. Of Jones shoved a ref he'd get fined 15k or some ******** but High is expendable to the UFC so they play their double standards well.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

06.10.2014 | 9:58 PM ET

What a ******* joke

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Nomad
Nomad

06.10.2014 | 10:05 PM ET

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

06.10.2014 | 10:10 PM ET

Don't really like High but this is really dumb. If it was someone like Jones not much would come of it. Before Dana or whoever makes these decisions, I think they need to realize that these guys do this as their job and to make a living. Potentially ******* up a guy's career over something like this is really stupid.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Suga
Suga
  • Predictions:  5,738  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,447
  • Post Score: 363

06.10.2014 | 10:14 PM ET

You don't ever, ever f****** touch a referee, ever.

Still employed!
joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  243,058  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

06.10.2014 | 10:25 PM ET

And yet, Dana "Never" White is now apparently considering bringing back Daley, because "He's done. I don't give a **** if he's the best 170-pounder in the world. He'll never come back here again. [...] I don't care if he fights in every show all over the world and becomes the best and everybody thinks he's the pound-for-pound best in the world. He will never fight in the UFC ever again."

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Nomad
Nomad

06.10.2014 | 10:28 PM ET

Mike Tyson threw a ref to the ground and kept fighting his opponent as the ref tried to stop the fight...Dana's favorite fighter of all time.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,390  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

06.10.2014 | 10:41 PM ET

A bit extreme. I expected some type of punishment.. but cutting him seems odd. He was looking good against Dos Anjos. They just lost a decent LW. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.10.2014 | 10:44 PM ET

I think this is a bit too much. it's not like he hit him or hurt him in any way.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,390  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

06.10.2014 | 10:51 PM ET

For Dana to compare this situation to the Daley situation is absurd. Listen, I love Paul Daley, but what he did is despicable. Punching your opponent after the fight is completely different than shoving the ref in frustration after the stoppage. Mulhall didn't seem to care much. He wasn't effected by it. High apologized for it after. He realizes it was stupid. And yes, it was very stupid.. but stupid enough to warrant a cut? I don't know about that. A suspension or fine would have made much more sense. Yes, you never put your hands on the ref like that, but a fine or suspension would have gotten that point across just fine, no?

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

06.10.2014 | 10:59 PM ET

What Paul Daley did was a lot worse than this, and worse than what Palhares did too. I think Dana wants to keep selling the idea that all UFC fighters are respectful, college educated gentleman, so he comes down hard on anything that smells of unsafe and unsportsman-like behavior.  

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.10.2014 | 11:28 PM ET

Ridiculous cut. If a little shove gets you cut then you have to cut Michael Johnson too for the gif above. And they signed Yvel who KO'd a ref, bit people and they signed two guys (Trujillo and Chope) who beat their spouse.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 5 hours, and 32 minutes from now.
joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  243,058  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

06.10.2014 | 11:31 PM ET

That's my point exactly, guys. Daley basically sucker punched another fighter after the fight like a thug - and got cut with Dana swearing up and down that "he'll never fight here again, no matter how good he becomes". And yet after several years the "never" seems to have had an expiry date and Daley might just be on his way back. Yet one very slight shove to the ref, who, like basically everybody present, didn't seem to be making much (if anything) of it at all and... this?

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

06.11.2014 | 1:01 AM ET

The Baroni one is different. He probably couldn't tell the difference. How many times have we seen fighters try to put the ref in a triangle after recovering from punches?
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.11.2014 | 2:09 AM ET

I hope Jon Jones pushes a ref at UFC 178 ... not because I want him to get cut, just because it'll be hilarious to see just how deep this "we have a code of conduct ... only if you're expendable" thing runs.

Past his prime Miguel Torres tweets **** joke - cut
Forrest Griffin tells **** joke - *crickets*

That's more or less where it lies ...

Don't get me wrong, there should definitely be consequences if a fighter touches the ref, heat of the moment or not, but please don't act all high and mighty (and disgusted) because sooner or later one of your more in-expendable stars is gonna do it and then how are you gonna get all the way off that high horse just to slap him on the wrist and say "yeah but, heat of the moment, it's a fight, people are tense, **** happens, we'll fine him".

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Ghost Search
Ghost Search
  • Predictions:  55,093  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 76

06.11.2014 | 2:16 AM ET

UFC so full of **** its funny

Completely ******** that Jason High was cut. He just got hit with atleast 3 illegal shots to the back of his head and then the ref stops it. Ref shouldn't have been pushed but I understand High's frustration. UFC shouldve fined him just. 

"LIVE AND LEARN"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

06.11.2014 | 4:22 AM ET

He should have been cut as should every other fighter that's ever put their hands on an official. The UFC double standard of only cutting expendable fighters when it comes to contacting refs is ********, but this was the right decision. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 1 hour, and 36 minutes from now.
wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

06.11.2014 | 8:18 AM ET

@Cthulhu- completely agree with the sentiment, but feel the word "knowingly" needs to be in that sentence, a fighter comming to post KO and getting in on a single leg on the ref before they know where they are is one thing, things like this are on a level with the daley koshceck incident- the fights over, laying your hands on anyone is no different to doing it in the street at that point. 

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

06.11.2014 | 8:19 AM ET

i thought the ref looked a little like CB Dollaway.  That and the fact i remember the stupid **** he pulled with Villante when he stopped the fight on an eyepoke.  So yeah **** Kevin Mulhall.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Accepts Mac’s Challenge: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja: UFC 301 a 'watershed moment' for flyweights
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo reacts to free agency, possibly skipping line to fight Sean O’Malley after UFC 301 win
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tells Jake Paul ‘I would quit boxing’ if steroid accusations are true
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 post-event facts: Michel Pereira joins elite company with eighth straight octagon win
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'
  • Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’
  • MMA Mania : Video: O’Malley Vs. Dvalishvili Booked?
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Shore's coach calls foul on shin cut stoppage at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let Fighters Fight!’