Topic: Jason High

Jason High cut from the UFC

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

06.10.2014 | 9:54 PM ET

Unfortunate, as I really like High, but you simply can't shove a referee. 

http://www.ufc.com/news/dana-download-june-10?utm_campaign=The+Download&utm_source=15600&utm_medium=Facebook%3A+UFC&

From the article:
"What I did find out is that I guess that Jason High kid got up and pushed a referee - he's cut," White said in disgust. "I'm going to cut him. I look at that the way (Paul) Daley put his hands on his opponent after a fight was over. You don't ever, ever f****** touch a referee, ever. You're done here. He's been apologizing on Twitter, but he's done."

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Jason "The Kansas City Bandit" High

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Jason H. High
  • Pro MMA Record: 23-8-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Kansas City Bandit
  • Current Streak: 2 Wins
  • Last Fight: December 11, 2020 in FAC
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 155.8 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 5'9" (176cm) | Reach: 71.0" (180cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $82,771 USD
  • Born: United States
  • Fighting out of: Huntington Beach, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

06.11.2014 | 8:33 AM ET

I liked Jason high much better than fighters ufc  keep around

* Edited at 06.11.2014, 8:34 AM ET *

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

06.11.2014 | 12:45 PM ET

This is a pathetic way the UFC want to look "politically correct". They ass lick with all these. 

Fighters train their asses off for months, there is a lot of adrenaline in every guys body, they're woobly,instinctive etc when it goes south. 

And after all that hard work, all that time and sweat invested to get ready for a fight, you lose because of a **** stoppage.

You gotta understand the guys too, they get angry if you don't give them a chance. Some of them really want to be in there and fight their asses off.

I don't condemn Jason, but in no way what he did is right, a fine would be good, but this is pushing the limits.
I hate the UFC's double standards and Dana White's hypocrisy. 
This is turning into showbiz rather than fighting. They lick a lot of balls and make starts out of a 5-6 fighters, the rest are there just to be.
When a kid starts getting some good wins, they jump on his balls like "they were always sure he was the new thing" and after he loses nobody gives a **** anymore.

BULL- ******* - ****.

Lately I tend to stay way from all this crap, look at the fights because I like fights, not because I like the UFC in any way anymore...

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.11.2014 | 12:52 PM ET

Pretty disappointed with this rash decision, but sounds like another one that White made based on heresay, without actually looking a the tape. 

Not like it's a talented athlete's career or anything. 

Oh well, High probably wasn't going to be top 10 in the UFC, but he could be a contender in Bellator or WSOF. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Idrownfish
Idrownfish
  • Predictions:  1,759  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,407
  • Post Score: 241

06.11.2014 | 1:09 PM ET

The question is: had Sonnen pushed the referee and High failed a drug test, would White have fired Sonnen immediately and then publicly defended High?

Just to be clear, i think Sonnen should be defended in this situation and High should be punished, but in opposite roles would Sonnen be fired immediately? Would High be defended so vehemently?

* Edited at 06.11.2014, 1:13 PM ET *

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,012  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

06.11.2014 | 1:21 PM ET

Yeah the inconsistency of the UFC is the worst part, with those decisions. It was ****** from High to do that but not lose-your-god-damn-job ******.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

06.11.2014 | 1:33 PM ET

@fish, in a "black & white" world the punishments would be the same regardless of the fighter who pushed the ref. In reality, money skews this process. If the UFC can continue to promote exciting fights and make money with that fighter, they won't be so eager to cut them. It's ******, but it is what it is.

"Frig off, bud"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Inoue vs Nery: Live updates and results, 4 am ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Drakkar Klose explains UFC 301 beef with Daniel Cormier, calls out Beneil Dariush, Jalin Turner
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC 301: Anthony Smith teaches another lesson in misplaced doubt
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Mauricio Ruffy reacts to Conor McGregor comparisons after spectacular UFC 301 debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo discusses next career move after fighting out contract at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira responds to UFC 301 criticism: ‘That’s the risk, but I’m the risk-taker’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: The Rock posts MMA training footage in preparation for role in 'The Smashing Machine'
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Shogun Rua announced for 2024 UFC Hall of Fame class
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Accepts Mac’s Challenge: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja: UFC 301 a 'watershed moment' for flyweights
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo reacts to free agency, possibly skipping line to fight Sean O’Malley after UFC 301 win