Topic: Nick Diaz

Nick Diaz will come out of retirement ......................... IF he gets a title shot.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.23.2014 | 3:32 AM ET

From MMAFighting.com.

Apparently Nick's been going around UFC 170 telling people he's the only draw out there and the only way he's coming out of retirement is if he gets a title shot.

Stay retired dude, newsflash ... everyone will live ...

* Edited at 02.23.2014, 3:33 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Nick Diaz

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Nicholas Robert Diaz
  • Pro MMA Record: 26-10-0, 2 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: September 25, 2021 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 185.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu
  • Height: 6'1" (185cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,665,950 USD
  • Born: Stockton, California, United States
  • Fighting out of: Stockton, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

02.23.2014 | 3:33 AM ET

lol give it to him!

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

yossgold
yossgold

02.23.2014 | 3:34 AM ET

I do man ... that level of detachment from reality is great ... I love the guy ...

I mean, if you really think about it, you can see where he's coming from, I do believe that if he comes back it'll sell way more than any of the other top WWs right now and he does believe that he beat Condit.

But dude, Condit's not even first in line just yet and do you seriously think you're going to get a shot after retiring and turning down a ****load of fights???

Stay retired, have fun, drive bikes and ****, no one's giving you a title shot on your return.

* Edited at 02.23.2014, 3:36 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

02.23.2014 | 3:39 AM ET

He's just thinking that if Robbie wins he's got a good shot. I don't think he can beat Johnnie but I don't know what his thoughts on that are. He seems pretty set on coming in at the top though lol

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

yossgold
yossgold

02.23.2014 | 3:47 AM ET

The thing is, after he already got his wolf-fight with GSP and still *****ed out afterwards when he was beat fair and square, no controversy, no nothing, just a clean cut beatdown, there's no way he's getting any leniency from the UFC. They know they can't trust him for ****, so if he says he's coming back, of course they'll bank on him, but they ain't throwing into no title fight on a two fight losing streak, knowing that if he loses again he's just going to retire again and then go back to running his mouth on the organization and if god forbid (from the UFC's POV) he wins the belt, he's going to run his mouth all over the place and then retire again once he loses the belt again.

Why the **** would they do him any favours? If you wanna come back, sure, we'll make some money on you, but as for titles, you better beat everyone on the planet before we take a chance that you're gonna be champion ...

* Edited at 02.23.2014, 3:48 AM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

02.23.2014 | 4:43 AM ET

yoss said it best.  His detachment from reality is beautiful.  Awesome but beautiful.  Nick has no awareness of the image he projects to others.  Nor does he care, apparently.  And that's what makes him somewhat attractive to some shallow fans.

The UFC will have no intention or incentive to stick Nick Diaz into a title fight without a couple of preliminary tuneup fights.  

If Lawler beats Hendricks, they might ask him to fight Hendricks.  If Hendricks wins, they might ask him to fight MacDonald.  Either way, Nick Diaz will not be calling the shots.  Nick has already messed up his career with this long break, and he might mess it up further, if this continues.  He's in dire need of his friends staging an intervention.  

That he might come back at all is a strong indication that his money is running out.

* Edited at 02.23.2014, 4:45 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,295  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

02.23.2014 | 7:27 AM ET

he didn't deserve the shot vs GSP if he thinks he deserves one now then he's an idiot  . hope he stays retired can't stand him . he needs to learn you can't win fights by talking **** with your hands down the whole fight .

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

02.23.2014 | 10:31 AM ET

jeez, can you imagine the ragdollin' that Jony would put on Nick?

It would be hilarious and embarassing.

* Edited at 02.23.2014, 10:32 AM ET *

"@AndySalasMMA"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Paid More In Taxes Than I Made Last Year In My Fight’