Topic: International MMA

Russia MMA thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

01.27.2014 | 4:14 PM ET

There are a bunch of decent events that sometimes get passed on so I figured why not do a thread like Poland , Brazil and Japan have.

WAR FEDOR!!! or something like that....

* Edited at 01.27.2014, 5:05 PM ET *

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Responses Page 2

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,595  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169
  • Post Score: 261

02.17.2014 | 3:28 PM ET

Sergei Kharitonov (20-5) vs. Tyler East (11-3) @ Tech-KREP on March 3rd.

Luis Fernando Miranda (11-1) vs. Maxim Futin (3-1) @ M-1 Global on April 4th.

"This is Shooto!"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.17.2014 | 5:05 PM ET

Tyler East was the best HW prospect in the sport but his history with cocaine and jail makes me wonder. Awesome fight though, East should be able to win it at this point in Sergeis career.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.17.2014 | 7:17 PM ET

links to watch OPLOT are always on the mmamadhouse twitter or facebook and results are usually up on the site as well 

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.17.2014 | 7:17 PM ET

Oplot usually has two shows a week one being an ammy based event usually on Tuesday/wednesday and the pro event usually on Saturday mornings

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

curtwag84
curtwag84

02.17.2014 | 8:57 PM ET

Yeah. Fridays ammy event is up on thier site. But i figured i would start with the pro fights. I just hope we get m1 on the 28th at this point :p

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

curtwag84
curtwag84

02.18.2014 | 10:21 AM ET

Heres a condensed organized list of upcoming events to make it easier for whomever.

2/22/14  Oplot Challenge 101
http://www.oplotclub.com/ru/billboard/oplot-challenge-101

2/23/14   EFC-Siberian Challenge 2
http://fightlife.ru/en/event/693-EFC-Siberian-challenge

2/28/14  M-1 45            
http://fightlife.ru/en/event/681-M-Challenge

3/3/14   Tech-Krep
Sergei Khartinov  vs Tyler East

3/14/14  M-1 46
http://fightlife.ru/en/event/687-M-Challenge

3/28/14  Fight Nights 15
http://fightlife.ru/en/event/688-Battle-at-Moscow

4/4/14   M-1 47
http://fightlife.ru/en/event/690-M-Challenge

4/6/14    PRO FC 53
http://fightlife.ru/en/event/686-PROFC-Khachatryan-vs-Egorov

5/25/14   Coliseum - New History 3
Alexsander Emilineko vs Jeff Monson

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,595  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169
  • Post Score: 261

03.03.2014 | 6:35 PM ET

Ruslan Magomedov (11-1) signs with the UFC.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ruslan-Magomedov-74434

* Edited at 03.03.2014, 6:35 PM ET *

"This is Shooto!"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.03.2014 | 9:42 PM ET

Good addition to the UFC.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,089  |  68.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

07.10.2014 | 6:24 AM ET

I... see I've kind of neglected this thread, which is inexcusable... Anyway, I also implore any and all of you to keep adding info and suggesting Russian/former USSR/Eurasian events that you want to see added. Please use mostly this thread, if it stays on top, we'll all know we're on top of this.

And for some news:

I've been recently asked what's going on with Aleksandra Albu, who signed with the UFC some time ago. I explained in general, but now I have some details to go with that. Unfortunately you're not going to see her fighting soon. After undergoing the (successful) surgery on her knee (ACL), she was discharged from the hospital last Saturday. In a few weeks she's going to begin the physical therapy, but will not be able to resume training sooner than in some 5-6 months. After that she's planning her UFC debut in, like I already said, not the original Bantamweight, but the new Strawweight class.

ProFC 54 scheduled for later this month in Grodno, has been pushed back for more than a month and the place changed to Rostov-on-Don. While this has resulted in adding of some quality bouts, let's hope the event doesn't go the Krepost Selection 4 way.

Fight Nights: Battle 16 is going down tomorrow, despite multiple changes (as expected by FN standards), the card is packed with foreign stars and Russian prospects. If you're into picking, keep your eyes on it, as the card still has the potential to change after the weigh ins (again, as usual with Fight Nights).

* Edited at 07.10.2014, 6:28 AM ET *

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

07.10.2014 | 8:31 AM ET

You are the man Joe. The reason I came in here was to ask about Albu and you already answered it. That is great news that she will be fighting at 115. She was going to get dwarfed by some of these 135ers. I wish Andrade could make the drop as well. Albu will have a real chance at being the champ of the division, as long as she can keep it standing. 
joe kerr
joe kerr

07.13.2014 | 10:10 AM ET

You're welcome, Fantasy! As for Albu, according to her manager the surgery was a success, it will just take a lot of time for her to resume the proper training and even more to step into the cage. Those ACL's can be a ***** to heal.

I also consider the 115 division a great idea. Most foreign girls that fight at 125 and 135 are in fact more comparable in size with the American 115. So while at 135 they'd get manhandled, at 115 they all have a chance of fighting similarly-sized women and a chance to win the actual UFC belt.

In other news:

Sergei "The Paratrooper" Kharitonov has come to an agreement with M-1 and is gonna headline their upcoming event in Beijing. The name of the opponent has not been yet revealed.

In less than 3 days now, in 16th, in Stary Oskol M-1 will be holding a 10-11 fights event basically as a special treat for Fedor. The opponents for Red Devil fighters and M-1 prospects will be fighters from all over Europe. Should be on the Boets channel, so there should probably be a stream for it if anybody's interested. I'll probably put a link in the event thread later.

Konstantin Gluhov just got married! Oh wait, that's not something anybody here would be interested in. Moving on then...

M-1 50 will probably be the first time when ringo-cago of M-1 will be the place where not just MMA fighters, but and actual knights fight. Yes, you heard that right. As a special attraction, two of the modern knights (complete with armour and everything) will battle each under using all the metal tools they should have in hands and on heads in a regulated 5x2 round contest. Both are heavyweights and have practised this stuff for apparently a rather long time. I'll have more details for you later. Oh, and just in case - that won't be pickable.

And yes, once again, you heard that right. Knights.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

joe kerr
joe kerr

07.20.2014 | 11:11 AM ET

Taking "a tune-up fight" turned out not to be so smart again. Viktor Nemkov, who has just lost his M-1 LHW belt to Stephan Puetz in March this year (on a Split Decision), was scheduled for an immediate rematch co-headlining the M-1's anniversary show, M-1 Challenge 50 (the show full of unexpected attractions - seriously) in August. Just last week he, along with a bunch of other Russians from Red Devil and Aleksand Nevsky have gotten their blessing to take part in the "international event" in Stary Oskol called Steel Battle against a carefully picked much weaker opponents from all over Europe (it didn't always work like it was supposed to -  a 40 year old fat 1-7 Romanian managed to quickly heel hook his 2-1 Russian and another 1-2 fighter literally had the Russian ran into his knee on a takedown attempt). Nmkov, btw, as expected, easily defeated Beksot Jiyanov, a rather short and corpulent 0-1 opponent from Afghanistan - in the meantime his record was reported as 3-1 and later 4-1 and he has apparently became a master and champion of many things.

Well, Nemkov ran through him as expected, but as a result tore some ligaments in his hand and will be unable to return to action in at least a couple of months. As such, the immediate rematch is obviously off and Puetz is now facing Luis Fernando Miranda, aka "Hulk" in his first defense. A it turns out, Hulk's opponent for M-1 (Artur Astakhov) has also sustained some minor injury during the Steel event and who knows if he won't have to withdraw from the event too...

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

07.22.2014 | 12:34 AM ET

Is there a site that talks about Russia Emma and that is in English?

mmalari
mmalari
  • Predictions:  114,892  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,905
  • Post Score: 168

08.07.2014 | 10:15 AM ET

(77)

Nicholas Alexakhin

Valery Mikalauskas (Letonia)

(66)

Timur Nagibin

Edward Muravitsky (Bielorrusia)

3 (70)

Alexei Polpudnikov

Ansagan Kuseynov (Kazajstán)

4 (77)

Alexei Kunchenko

Adil Boranbayev (Kazajstán)

5 (77)

Dmitry Bikram

Aumard Gouy (Francia)

6 (84)

Corrientes Anatoly

Jordan Smith (EE.UU.)

7 (93)

Alexei Butorin

Anthony Ruiz (EE.UU.)

8 (93)

Maxim futin

Arunas Vilius (Lituania)

9 (70)

Alexander Sarnavsky

Brokensheyr Drew (EE.UU.)

10 (84)

Vyacheslav Vasilevsky

Michael Falcao (Brasil)

joe, it would be possible to add this great event?

official web http://s-70.ru/

will be broadcast by fightclub channel, sportbox.ru and rossija 2 
mmalari
mmalari

08.07.2014 | 10:16 AM ET

joe kerr
joe kerr

08.07.2014 | 10:21 AM ET

Sure, I'll get it in. Weirdly enough the site says it's a "professional combat sambo event", even though it's obviously MMA.

joe kerr
joe kerr

08.07.2014 | 10:54 AM ET

OK, the event is in. Don't know how it slipped by me tbh, there's some big names and interesting match ups and I was even editing/updating some of those guys recently.

mmalari
mmalari

08.07.2014 | 11:04 AM ET

Sometimes you spend these events because look the English version of the Russian websites and take a long time to be updated.

It is a style to m-1 global [which is the international version] or http://mixfight.ru/ [which is the Russian version of the organization.]fightlife.ru this time was not updated either.

I am a big fan from long ago of almost all events of russia/ukraina, etc.

anything you can help I will be at your disposal.
curtwag84
curtwag84

08.07.2014 | 11:18 AM ET

looks like sherdog used to cover these then quit

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

08.08.2014 | 12:45 PM ET

I used to like go read up on the WAFC and IAFC events. They were pretty full of international fighters.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55