Topic: St-Pierre vs. Hendricks

Who won, GSP or Hendricks?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

11.17.2013 | 1:03 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

UP vote me if you scored it for St Pierre.

DOWN vote me if you scored it for Hendricks.

Let's see the tally, folks.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Responses Page 2

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

11.17.2013 | 3:10 AM ET

Honestly, in the bar, with Rogan, i really thought Hendricks won. I just watch it again on mute, and it was much closer than I thought. Hendricks landed the odd potshot that did damage, GSP seemed to land more crisp strikes. I don't know, just hard to score.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

11.17.2013 | 3:11 AM ET

GSP's done, he didn't retire to keep his legacy intact, he retired because he doesn't want to do this anymore. What bothers me more than the decision ( I had it 48-47 Johny, close and competitive but clearly for Johny ). Again what bothers me more the the decision or blemish on Johny's record is this is a rematch he never get despite deserving it, a chance to rectify what willl almost unquestionably be the biggest feat of his athletic career. It's truly a great unjust to Johny's life and it's a miserably, almost pathetic way for GSP to retire...It's just ****** up all around, no idea what's next from here at 170lbs.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.17.2013 | 3:18 AM ET

I think it's like this ... in order to win an MMA fight you need to win the fight in the judges eyes ... in order to pry a belt out of a champion's hands you need to win without any doubt in the world. You need to do that extra more, and even though I think both Gus and Hendricks beat their respective champs, they didn't do that extra to remove doubt. Neither were robberies therefore both just weren't enough to secure a belt. That's why it's the championship of the world, it ain't friggin' easy to get them.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

SpiderGuard
SpiderGuard
  • Predictions:  1,914  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  775
  • Post Score: 174

11.17.2013 | 3:22 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 5  

^^^ If that were true BJ Penn wouldn't have lost to Edgar the first time and Edgar wouldn't have lost to Ben Henderson 
IronTusk
IronTusk
  • Predictions:  7,045  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  109
  • Post Score: 190

11.17.2013 | 3:27 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Seems like everyone was generous in giving GSP the first round. Kinda makes sense. Still, no way did GSP get three rounds in.

"Peace is within not without"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.17.2013 | 3:33 AM ET

Not every controversy is a robbery.  This was controversial.  I wish that GSP gives Hendricks a rematch.  

Does he owe it to him?  Absolutely not.  He beat him once, fair & square by the rules.  NOT via bad judging.

But I think he will give him a rematch because he usually does the right thing.  He's that much a sportsman. 

* Edited at 11.17.2013, 3:34 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

IronTusk
IronTusk
  • Predictions:  7,045  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  109
  • Post Score: 190

11.17.2013 | 3:41 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Burgess: Not via bad judging?? Care to explain what GSP did to win exactly?

"Peace is within not without"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.17.2013 | 3:49 AM ET

@Spider, I wanted to write that "not everyone is Frankie Edgar" but held back since I've done my fair share of fighter bashing today and wanted to stop ;)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

11.17.2013 | 8:54 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

1st round draw, Hendricks won rd 2 and rd 4. Should have been a draw

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

yorma
yorma
  • Predictions:  30,162  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,462
  • Post Score: 292

11.17.2013 | 9:10 AM ET

lol

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

PEACE
PEACE

11.17.2013 | 9:41 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Meh, too drunk atm to say.

But GSPs face said a lot.

"I probably think you're a ****."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

11.17.2013 | 9:58 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

If Condit destroys brown like I think he will. This is going to get real interesting. Personally think if GSP leaving that Condit vs Hendericks is either happening for the belt or for Johny first title defense. Though I be pulling for Lawler against Johny.

"here I come to save the day"

JeremyBrigham81
JeremyBrigham81
  • Predictions:  25,124  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 248

11.17.2013 | 10:07 AM ET

I thought Hendricks won the fight but it was close. I gave him 1,2,and 4. But 1 was close and I could see it either way. It was a really good fight though.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

11.17.2013 | 10:09 AM ET

If Brown loses, I think they should do brown vs Rory. Which i honestly think Brown have a fair shot at beating Rory.

haven
haven
  • Predictions:  94,655  |  52.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,030
  • Post Score: 188

11.17.2013 | 10:20 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I watch the fight and hendrick, but ufc give the belt to gsp

"i like mma and the tapology"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

11.17.2013 | 10:22 AM ET

because judge brain work never

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.17.2013 | 10:25 AM ET

The MMA Gods got it right. Johny Hendricks had it coming.

He stole a decision against Josh Koscheck. He arguably stole a decision against Mike Pierce. He arguably stole a decision against Carlos Condit.

Georges St-Pierre has never had to rely on the judges for a win (in the sense that all of his wins were extremely convincing and it was impossible to ever score them for the opponent).

Hendricks had to pay for it.

"الله أكبرl"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

11.17.2013 | 10:27 AM ET

I agree with AnikM, Johny got gifted a few decisions and you must one day pay for such luck.

* Edited at 11.17.2013, 10:36 AM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.17.2013 | 10:37 AM ET

@Iron Tusk  There is an old saying in sports.  To beat a champion, and take their title, it should be clear, solid, decisive, self-evident & solid.  Not close or razor-sharp.  And if a challenger does accomplish that, it is traditional in all sports for the champion to have the courtesy of a rematch.  Been that way in boxing, chess, etc.

You ask me how GSP won.  

Round 1 - Extremely close.  Hendricks is sharp, hitting hard and GSP cannot take him down.  I was shocked but Hendricks didn't do anything shocking to win the round or decisive.  I couldn't call this round but knew GSP was in for the fight of his life and my heart was pounding.

Round 2 - GSP started to settle down, was winning the exchanges and flurries.  Hendricks was not as sharp as he was in the first round and I and my brother could see his gas tank was starting to slowly ebb out.  GSP CLEARLY won the round due to winning almost every exchange.

Round 3 - GSP definitely settle down, stabilized his flow of attack and was popping his jab in Hendricks face throughout the round.  GSP was rocked around twice in the fight but weathered the shots, found the courage to maintain his composure and fight through the hard shots.  He clearly won this round.  Hendricks is most definitely showing signs of fatigue and loss of speed, reflexes and confidence.  He stopped his smiling and smirking.  From round 3-5, Hendricks was a study in slowing down, getting tagged over and over, and losing almost every exchange they had.  

Round 4 - Hendricks took GSP down and I was shocked and demoralized that GSP could get him off him. I was screaming at the screen for GSP to not quit!  This was Hendricks best round and he clearly won it.
But Hendricks made a terrible error in judgment when he decided to let GSP back up to his feet!  If he had stayed on top, and maintained top control, he would have done much better.

Round 5 - This was GSP's best round, by far.  He took Hendricks down, but again, couldn't keep him down or control him.  But this showed GSP's heart.  He never gave up.  He fought to the last moment.

GSP won rounds 2, 3 and 5 so clearly that I'm amazed that others see it differently.  But I also know that others wanted GSP to lose for so long, that anything close was going to have this kind of controversy.

At the press conference, Hendricks asked rhetorically, "What more he could have done to win?"  

He could have knocked GSP out.  He could have finished the fight.  He could have not lost all the exchanges from the 2-5th.  He could have WON THE FIGHT!  But he didn't win the fight.  He lost it to a game, courageous and tenacious champion.  

For Hendricks to declare himself the WW Champion was despicable.  I noticed he didn't say anything of the kind to GSP's face.  After GSP arrived at the press conference, neither White nor Hendricks opened their dirty mouths.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

11.17.2013 | 10:43 AM ET

@Bill

***, did you just say he lost all the exchanges from 2-5th round................what are you talking about? It is one thing to think GSP won, but don't down right lie to yourself. GSP did not come close to winning all the exchanges, that is just ridiculous statement by you.

* Edited at 11.17.2013, 10:55 AM ET *

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55