Topic: Bobby Green

Bobby Green replaces Jamie Varner, meets Pat Healy at UFC on FOX 9

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

bman518
bman518
  • Predictions:  23,181  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,763
  • Post Score: 185

11.12.2013 | 5:24 PM ET

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/12/bobby-green-replaces-jamie-varner-meets-pat-healy-at-ufc-on-fox-9/

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

Bobby "King" Green

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Bobby Ryan Green
  • Pro MMA Record: 32-15-1, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: King
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: April 13, 2024 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Lightweight | Last Weigh-In: 156.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Pinnacle MMA
  • Height: 5'10" (178cm) | Reach: 71.0" (180cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $689,000 USD
  • Born: United States
  • Fighting out of: Inland Empire, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

11.12.2013 | 5:58 PM ET

I don't see this ending well for Bobby Green
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 3 hours, and 14 minutes from now.
ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

11.12.2013 | 5:59 PM ET

Neither do i.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,939  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

11.12.2013 | 6:03 PM ET

^^ don't be so pessimistic guys, all Green has to do is kick him in the nuts a few times and he's gonna win this easy peasy...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

11.12.2013 | 7:47 PM ET

Bobby Green got this, explosive athleticism and Prime James Toney level shoulder rolls = no can defend. Also if he strikes your cup 3 times he automatically wins, how can you beat that? 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.12.2013 | 7:48 PM ET

If I have to read "explosive athleticism" from you one more time I'm seriously going to lose my ******* mind. It's not funny. No one is humored.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 3 hours, and 14 minutes from now.
Nomad
Nomad

11.12.2013 | 8:47 PM ET

The truth is, Pat Healy is one of the most unathletic, large, lumbering, drawn out and slow lightweights. He knows how to use his size and he is a bully type fighter but Bobby Green is WAY faster, WAY more athletic and WAY more explosive. Also, he was shoulder rolling the **** out of Krause I was very impressed and the fact that he can groin shot himself to a victory is some innovative tactics for modern MMA. 

Get mad I say explosive athleticism all you want, but I just said what I seriously thought fool.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.12.2013 | 9:14 PM ET

I love watching excellent technical striking in MMA fights and Nomad's comment on Bobby Green's shoulder rolls had me curious so I checked out the fight.

Green is explosive, he's fast but he's flat footed. His movement is similar to Donald Cerrone's actually. I was pleasantly surprised at his use of shoulder rolls, which is so underused in MMA for no ******* reason. He's kind of everywhere tho; he tries to do everything at once. Like, he'll try to shoulder roll while he's squared up sometimes, which is literally useless.

He's got excellent head movement, and I love the way he moves with his strikes; he's always changing the angle and I love that.

He almost always overextends with his jabs and especially with his straights, and this makes him susceptible to cross counters and uppercuts. Eddie Alvarez has an excellent method of throwing his straight and then pushing off to another direction to avoid a counter and Bobby Green should adopt that, but in more of the boxing way and not Alvarez's way because his flat-footedness makes it harder for him to do that.

Green also holds his chin really high up, but not like Lyoto Machida who angles his body with it. He holds his up more like a Kyle Watson or Jake Shields...striking-wise, doing anything that is similar to Jake Shields or Kyle Watson is definitely bad.

After watching this, I will definitely check out Green's next fight. He's got some pretty good defense for an MMA fighter. I'm curious now.

Also...what in the **** is up with that fight? What the **** happened? Green wins via balls decimation? I don't get it, Big John you old ass snow *****.

"الله أكبرl"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.12.2013 | 9:17 PM ET

"I was pleasantly surprised at his use of shoulder rolls, which is so underused in MMA for no ******* reason."

Too many crazy techniques in MMA to try to rely on a boxing defense. Shoulder roll a head kick.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

11.12.2013 | 9:20 PM ET

@AnikM I think John stopped the fight to make a statement, that flopping is just not going to be tolerated. He was trying to win via DQ and paid for it. Personally don't have issue with John decision personally, kinda think that kid had it coming after flopping the way he did.

"here I come to save the day"

Anik
Anik

11.12.2013 | 9:21 PM ET

@CthulhuJones What in the flying ****.

Mo Lawal didn't try to shoulder roll in that GIF...do you even know what a shoulder roll is? You poor, sad soul. Go look up shoulder rolls and then maybe you could start acting like you pretend that you know something.

EDIT: Oh and after you look up shoulder rolls I think you'll find out that it is more than possible to shoulder roll a headkick.

EDIT 2: God, I'm just laughing at the confidence you exuded from that reply. 'Well Anik, you're actually wrong and here's why'' and then it turns out that you don't even know what you're talking about.

Here's a lesson kids, when a God such as myself is speaking, shut up, listen and be thankful that I'm being kind enough to pass on my wisdom. Retort only if you're actually smart enough to go toe-to-toe with the GOAT himself.

* Edited at 11.12.2013, 9:26 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

11.12.2013 | 9:22 PM ET

I can't see that clip for some reason. It just looks like a very small picture.

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.12.2013 | 9:23 PM ET

He was shoulder rolling the entire fight with Newton and got caught with a spinning back fist. Rewatch the fight if you need to brah.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

11.12.2013 | 9:27 PM ET

I would not call what King Mo does as shoulder rolling. He an awful striker. Someone that bad is not shoulder rolling. He might be trying to, but he failing miserably. King Mo is just awful at striking. Someone trying to do something and someone doing it is not the same thing. King Mo does not have the striking skills to shoulder roll correctly.

* Edited at 11.12.2013, 9:30 PM ET *

Anik
Anik

11.12.2013 | 9:27 PM ET

@CthulhuJones He didn't get caught with the spinning back fist while shoulder rolling.

How would you know anyway, you don't know what a shoulder roll is. Admit your ineptitude and maybe I can actually help you.

Or Google it, whichever works for you.

"الله أكبرl"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.12.2013 | 9:28 PM ET

He might only be a few days removed from his shocking Bellator 90 upset at the hands of Emanuel Newton, but it doesn’t appear as if Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal has learned a damn thing from it yet. Mo has been training with renowned boxing instructor Jeff Mayweather ever since signing his groundbreaking Bellator/TNA double contract last May, and has even knocked out the occasional training partner or two in his time there. But King Mo is not Floyd Mayweather, and this fact was never made more obvious than in the moments leading up to his KO loss last Thursday.

In an attempt to mimic Mayweather’s “shoulder roll” technique, Mo’s hands could be spotted closer to his waist than his face for the majority of the fight, which would have been fine had Mo counterbalanced that disadvantage with sharp combinations and head movement. Since Mo did nothing of the sort, he wound up losing his spot in the light heavyweight tourney finals

- Cagepotato

That's one of many articles written about that specific fight and Mo's attempted use of shoulder rolling. I'm not going to argue with you, you can either google it, or you can continue to insult me. I don't gaf either way. Enjoy your night.

Nomad
Nomad

11.12.2013 | 9:33 PM ET

Anderson Silva rolls with punches beautifulkt, to think variants of shoulder rolls can't be applied in mixed martial arts is nonsense. Mo sucks, he's a wrestler, not even a fighter...Let alone a martial artist. What do you expect?

Anik
Anik

11.12.2013 | 9:35 PM ET

'Pfft, he thinks I don't know what a shoulder roll is. I'll show him..oh I have a great idea.

I'm going to quote some random low-budget MMA site that's banned from the ******* UFC because they use the term 'shoulder roll' once and somehow that's going to make everyone think that I DO know what I'm talking about.'

The clip you posted did not have a shoulder roll in it. Lawal did not lose because the shoulder roll failed him because evidently, it could not have since he was caught when he wasn't using it.

You're just reiterating what someone else is saying little CJ. You do not know what a shoulder roll is. Let me help you.

Also, interesting how if you google up the words "king mo shoulder roll" the first site that pops up is little Jonesy's quote. By god...

* Edited at 11.12.2013, 9:35 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.12.2013 | 9:39 PM ET

Bro, I've ******* watched boxing long enough to know what a shoulder roll is. I'm not getting into a **** measuring contest with a 17 year old asian because it would be massively unfair, now you can either leave it the **** be, maybe listen to someone else who watched that fight and realize that Mo was attempting to shoulder roll as his main defense, or you can continue to insult and we can both wind up suspended. I don't really give a ****, your choice kid.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.12.2013 | 9:41 PM ET

Shoulder-roll-shmoulder-roll, like Pat Healy's going to stand and bang with him ... he's going to get his hands on him (and he will since as Anik pointed out, not the best footwork in the world), press him against the cage and dirty it up ... if he can't do that, it's not going to be Green's use of the shoulder-roll to win the striking battle ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

11.12.2013 | 9:43 PM ET

Just going to say Mo definitely did not attempt to shoulder roll that back fist, so the weird MMA **** point is kind of moot

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Copa Combate winner Ramiro Jimenez re-signs with Combate Global to new multi-fight deal
  • UFC.com : BRAZILIAN BREAKDOWN | UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : NAC pushes back on proposed Igor Severino punishment for UFC bite, cites 'unbelievably dangerous' precedent
  • MMAFighting.com : Referee, judges assigned for Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia
  • MMA Mania : Tsarukyan, Lopes Draw Fines For UFC 300 Shenanigans
  • MMA Junkie : NAC confirms two UFC 300 fighters' pay withheld, says Dana White offered to pay fine for cage leap
  • MMAFighting.com : Paul Felder replaces Joe Rogan on UFC 301 broadcast team
  • MMAFighting.com : Igor Severino faces stiffer penalty after Nevada Commission denies 6-month suspension for biting UFC opponent
  • MMA Mania : UFC Roster Tracker: Who Came, Who Left In April
  • MMAFighting.com : Arman Tsarukyan, Diego Lopes have pay withheld, face potential discipline after UFC 300 incidents
  • Middle Easy : Jimmy Smith Brutally Rips Ronda Rousey For Accusing Joe Rogan And Media Of Turning On Her
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White trashes NBC News over reporting of Jon Jones incident with UFC drug testers
  • MMA Junkie : Benoit Saint Denis vs. Marc Diakiese grappling match headlines ADXC 4 on May 18
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Tom Aspinall is absolutely right about UFC 304; Plus, Jose Aldo’s future after UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja, Erceg Face Off In Rio
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker Likes ‘The Uproar’ After Belal Muhammad Becomes Champ, Says He’ll Be ‘Enemies’ With Jiri Prochazka If ‘BJP’ Moves To 185
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Hernandez withdraws from UFC 302 due to hand injury
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez vs. Tagir Ulanbekov back on for UFC Fight Night on June 15
  • MMA Mania : Perry Suspended 60 Days Following ‘KnuckleMania 4’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: UFC champion Ilia Topuria's current approach 'not coming off great'