Topic: International MMA

Polish MMA Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

10.02.2013 | 8:44 PM ET

Tapology member Halny has started to send us a lot of updates about happenings in Polish MMA.  He's never posted in the forums, but I'm encouraging him to come here and start providing updates on cards and fighters in Poland.  There's a lot going on in that country!

"I live, I die, I live again."

Responses Page 6

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

01.24.2014 | 2:11 PM ET

Grabowski vs Tybura  at M-1 46 to see who the #1 Polish HW is. cant find anything saying when M-1 46 is though

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,082  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

01.31.2014 | 9:13 AM ET

Sounds like the UFC has  signed Jan Blachowicz ive seen a few people mention it on twitter now . should be a solid addition to the LHW roster .

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,319  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

02.05.2014 | 9:52 PM ET

Krzysztof Soszyński might not be returning to the cage any time soon, but get ready to see him in at least 5 movies in 2014.

Here's a nice shot from the most recent trailer of Daylight's End:

* Edited at 02.05.2014, 9:53 PM ET *

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,319  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

02.08.2014 | 4:53 AM ET

The Polish Invasion (or an Exodus?) continues. Right after Janek Błachowicz left for the UFC, the KSW's undefeated women's champion, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, has signed with Invicta.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Halny
Halny
  • Predictions:  4,264  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 414

02.08.2014 | 7:49 AM ET

Daniel Omielanczuk vs Jared Rosholt on UFC Fight Night in Abu Dhabi

* Edited at 02.08.2014, 7:50 AM ET *

"There is only one way to become champion; never ******* lose."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.08.2014 | 8:52 AM ET

Seems that Poland has events every weekend so it definitely has enough talent to have a UFC event every year.  Hope there is one this year.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.08.2014 | 9:04 AM ET

Kind of strange how Poland has such a deep talent pool, usually when a great European guy pops up...it's almost out of the blue like McGregor, Niniimaki, Gustafsson, Gunnar Nelson, Andrei Arlovski ect they don't really have guys.coming up with or even so much behind them unlike US, Canada, Brasil and Russia. Strange how Poland has so much talent yet surrounding places like Germany or East Europe even don't have much of anything at all. There's quite.literally only 2 notable Bulgarians Blagoi and the Featherweight I can't spell, I always felt Bulgaria and Turkey aould produce a lot of great fighters out of Europe. So is Poland so booming right now, why is KSW so successful? Why aren't other European countries ?

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.08.2014 | 9:11 AM ET

I think it is emerging because it has a pretty good size population and they strive to make a better life. Poland Is still not a 1st world country like Germany or France. They could be but are not there yet. 

Nomad
Nomad

02.08.2014 | 9:18 AM ET

Turkey has twice the population and them being best at combat sports like Wrestling and Tae Kwon Do would make me think they'd be very apt to MMA, also Im not sure where Turkey stands in Sambo. Germany.being so rooted in boxing, being a large, wealthy European country how is all we've seen ******* Pascal Krauss?

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Nomad
Nomad

02.08.2014 | 9:24 AM ET

Poland is literally the most thriving country in Europe in MMA right now.....Poland, no one would of guessed . They have no Gustafsson or McGregor type star rising in the.sport in their country or anything...your biggest star is a Chechen. Its crazy, I want to study this...they're doing something other countries simply aren't...they have some formula to make these ******* talented guys...There's a.lot of good Polaks coming up in MMA Its very interesting, they've got more talent than the UK without a Bisping or a ******* dozen TUF.episodes.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.08.2014 | 9:25 AM ET

Maybe Turkey will be good one day. They are good at Wrestling but not like Iran and you not see them in MMA much. Germany is good at traing for boxing but not having home grown boxers themselves.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.08.2014 | 9:27 AM ET

I would disagree and say Russia is the most thriving MMA country now in Europe.

Nomad
Nomad

02.08.2014 | 9:29 AM ET

Iran is a much different culture, you never see good boxers or fighters come out.of the heart of the.middle east its their religion and such. Its.always Caucus Muslims or guys like Naseem and Badr who moved to Europe, once in a while a Uzbek or something like Taymazov.or Chagaev. Turks have a huge population, are culturally suited and excel at combat sports. Its crazy how not one Turk is on the MMA map but  maby.Poles rocking it.

Nomad
Nomad

02.08.2014 | 9:30 AM ET

I do not consider Russia part of Europe, especially the Caucus where all the good Russian cats tend to crawl out of.

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,937  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

02.08.2014 | 10:07 AM ET

Nomad

"Germany.being so rooted in boxing, being a large, wealthy European country how is all we've seen ******* Pascal Krauss?"

The sport is banned from TV here, it also gets ignored from all mainstream newspapers, even sport websites, you name it, it's practically non exisiting in the media.

To put things into perspective 9 (maybe 8) out of 10 people never heard of the UFC here. Hard to get people into the sport that way. It's kinda sad because the interest in combat sports is definitely there, boxing is pretty big and kickboxing is shown regularly on TV as well...

I love the new wave of MMA fighters from Poland, it's exciting and only good for the sport.

KSW is pretty big in Poland and it gets young people interested I guess, but Poland always had some good fighters/boxers anyway so I'm not surprised about it.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Nomad
Nomad

02.08.2014 | 10:19 AM ET

It's true there's always been some decent heavyweight Polish boxers. Its unfortunate that Germany is like that but I love the insight. Seems like France and Germany have a bad viewpoint of MMA. I'd like to see Mediterranean guys ala Italy, Greece,.Turkey...So far only Costa and Sakara. More Eastern European guys.like Blagoi.and Atill Vegh would be awesome also, props to Elvis Mutapcic repping Bosnia too.

We have Armenians at least......thats. something right?......right? .....no? Okay :(

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,937  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

02.08.2014 | 10:39 AM ET

Don't forget Alptekin Özkilic, he's from Turkey...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Nomad
Nomad

02.08.2014 | 10:54 AM ET

Didn't know Alp was from Turkey just thought he was Turkish, that's awesome. We need some Armenians out of Armenia.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.08.2014 | 12:28 PM ET

Nomad, the fighters from that part of Russia are more European than Asian so that is what they are. They are invited to the European sporting events.

Nomad
Nomad

02.08.2014 | 12:51 PM ET

I  don't consider Chechens, Dagestanis, Georgians, Azeris ect European...I don't consider people living in Tuva, Siberia, Tartarstan ect. As for  Moscow to St Petersburg area, its sort of European. My opinion.

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida