Topic: International MMA

Polish MMA Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

10.02.2013 | 8:44 PM ET

Tapology member Halny has started to send us a lot of updates about happenings in Polish MMA.  He's never posted in the forums, but I'm encouraging him to come here and start providing updates on cards and fighters in Poland.  There's a lot going on in that country!

"I live, I die, I live again."

Responses Page 8

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,228  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

03.27.2014 | 11:49 AM ET

Added to the card. On Sunday iirc.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

joe kerr
joe kerr

04.08.2014 | 5:20 PM ET

Daniel Omielańczuk is ready for Abu Dhabi. In fact he is ready in Abu Dhabi already.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Halny
Halny
  • Predictions:  4,264  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 414

04.14.2014 | 11:01 AM ET

Probably Virgil Zwicker vs Tomasz Narkun on KSW 27.

"There is only one way to become champion; never ******* lose."

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

04.14.2014 | 5:49 PM ET

Why oh why cant KSW be legit and not such a corrupt organization. They got some real talent and could get even more, but lots of polish fighters would rather fight in smaller shows or outside poland. Nobody wants to be involved in a fight thats fixed.  And it sucks you can never bet on those cards knowing most of the winners have been descided before the match begins.
joe kerr
joe kerr

04.14.2014 | 7:07 PM ET

I think you're somewhat behind on times, ACF, because ever since the Thompson rant (which was in Nov. 2011), they have made a lot of changes. Like employing outside judges and making their score cards public after the events. I'm assuming you've seen them and have problems with some? Which ones in particular?

And about the winners being "decided before the match" do you think that maybe the illegal knee that Azhiev knocked Kornik out on the last event was fixed? Or Słowiński getting KO'd twice in one fight? Or Materla, a BJJ black belt, Polish submission grappling champion, Polish BJJ champion, European ADCC medallist and ADCC World competitor outgrappling Jay Silva for 2.5 rounds was fixed? Or do you think that Khalidov making short work of the line composed of Sakurai, Manhoef, Grove, Wallace, JT Money, the ghost of Lindland and overweight Ervin was somehow fixed and they all laid down for him? Or any other in particular?

(Not talking about Pudzian fights btw, because yes, as far as general opinion goes, "whether he wins or loses, is decided by money.")

Also, which Polish fighters do you know that would rather "fight in smaller shows or outside Poland"? And not talking about UFC, because that's a statement you can make about any fighter from any country and it says nothing about how corrupt their orgs are.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

04.14.2014 | 7:52 PM ET

I hope to see Khalidov fight in the UFC.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

04.14.2014 | 8:16 PM ET

Khalidov will probably never fight in the UFC. He wants to much money and way to many special perks. Dana wont be anybodys *****.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

04.14.2014 | 9:00 PM ET

What does he want?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

04.14.2014 | 11:08 PM ET

Its not as simple as that. Its a long story which involves other organizations, corrupt people, egos, lies and just a whole bunch of ****.

Since the UFC is planning on breaking into poland this year, i was going to write and entire piece. Which also happened to include Mamed since he is one of the most known mma fighters in poland. Made sure i checked with others who have written about the situation to make sure stuff didnt just pop out of nowhere in my piece. Checked in with my euro mma connections to make sure facts were straight and i was as updated as possible on the situation as i wanted to be as professional as possible. I dont have the time to go into it right now being that its 11pm, but maybe within the next 2 days i can post some stuff that most people dont know and could shed some light and give some answers on the entire mamed situation.

If it might cause any problems for the site, i wont post it. And if your interested in it and want to know the deal, maybe i can email you what i have. I wouldnt want to post anything that might give this site a bad rep or get them in trouble. Although i dont see how it would, its just a bunch of mma fans talking about mma type ****.

* Edited at 04.14.2014, 11:14 PM ET *

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

04.14.2014 | 11:21 PM ET

ACF, do you write for a blog or website? Or were you just wanting to write about Polish MMA?

"Frig off, bud"

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,595  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169
  • Post Score: 261

04.14.2014 | 11:27 PM ET

I'm very interested AC. Sounds like you have inside info.

"This is Shooto!"

joe kerr
joe kerr

04.30.2014 | 6:50 PM ET

A flying triangle sub from last weekend's ammy tournament in the capitol of Polish MMA (ff to about 0:35 if you just want to see the sub).

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

04.30.2014 | 8:52 PM ET

Nice sub.  What do you mean the capitol of Polish MMA?

"I live, I die, I live again."

joe kerr
joe kerr

04.30.2014 | 9:17 PM ET

I misspelled "capital". It's Szczecin. The home of one of the top Polish gyms, Berserkers Team, hometown of the first 3 BJJ black belts in Poland (and the 5th one too). Hometown of Michał Materla, Karol Bedorf, Maciej Jewtuszko (those 3 are also current KSW champions), Michał Fijałka, Karol Moks, Tomasz Narkun, Mariusz Linke, Piotr Bagiński and many other MMA fighters, BJJ/Judo practitioners and submission grapplers in general. It's generally considered the unofficial "capital of Polish MMA".

* Edited at 04.30.2014, 9:25 PM ET *

joe kerr
joe kerr

05.05.2014 | 3:10 PM ET

The first edition of Team Fighting Championship has ended. After defeating Wisemen Gothenburg (Sweden) and Korabely Mikolaev (Ukraine), the Polish team of LPH Poznań has met JungVolk Moscow (Russia) in the finals.

...ok, not strictly MMA. Just thought it was funny.

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

05.05.2014 | 4:05 PM ET

are their any guys on this with ammy or pro experience ? or is it just a bunch of hooligans trying to get on TV ?

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

joe kerr
joe kerr

05.05.2014 | 5:10 PM ET

Well, it is basically a (somewhat) sanctioned hooligan thing. This happens all the time in Poland though, except with no ring, no referees and (usually) not on TV. The Polish team actually has at least 2 guys that are training MMA, not sure if they are fighting though.

* Edited at 05.05.2014, 5:33 PM ET *

flOw _
flOw _

05.05.2014 | 6:12 PM ET

I've seen every fight/edition of these Team Fighting Championships on YouTube and I must say it is exciting but also very brutal too. It would be better if they had more rules or at least a few more refs on scene because there's too much going on at the same time. I like the different camera (angles) they present in their full fight videos because it shows each specific fight/fighter up close in case you missed out previously. 

The team that loses their first fighter will pretty much lose the whole fight because from that point on the leading team just teams up on individuals. It really is brutal, in one edition I saw like 5 of them kicking the downed opponent in the head. Another one I saw the ref doing a really bad job, a fighter had knocked someone out in full mount yet continued raining punches and it took the ref about 10 - 15 seconds to realize the fighter was already out. What followed was horrific, the refs simply dragging the unconscious fighter out the ring like a piece of meat.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 4 weeks, 7 hours, and 53 minutes from now.
joe kerr
joe kerr

05.06.2014 | 11:46 AM ET

**** just got real. Łukasz "Raju" Rajewski, former world and Europe K-1 champion is taking a step up to the big leagues facing Łukasz "Sasza" Chlewicki at the KSW 27 preliminary card in the classic clash of a young phenom and a smart veteran.

Halny
Halny
  • Predictions:  4,264  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 414

05.08.2014 | 7:54 AM ET

Charles Andrade vs Tomasz Narkun on KSW 27: Cage Time!

"There is only one way to become champion; never ******* lose."

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ‘Platinum’ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Official Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (9 p.m. ET)
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Recalls Justin Gaethje’s ‘Vibranium’ Leg Kicks: ‘This Guy Kick Hard As Sh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : Vanessa Demopoulos prepared to get used to familiarity with UFC opponents like Emily Ducote
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video at 9 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Hoping For McGregor ‘Of Old’ At UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Esparza loses three belts on scale
  • Bad Left Hook : Spence reportedly in ligation with former trainer over unpaid fees
  • Bad Left Hook : Errol Spence reportedly in ligation with trainer Derrick James over unpaid fees
  • MMA Junkie : Why Chael Sonnen thinks Tom Aspinall potentially facing Ciryl Gane at UFC 304 is a big risk
  • MMA Mania : ‘Crazy’ Stalker Sneaks Into UFC PI, Claims Ribas Is His ‘Wife’