Topic: St-Pierre vs. Hendricks

St. Pierre vs. Hendricks

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,620  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

06.19.2013 | 12:39 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Hendricks. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 14

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

11.16.2013 | 11:31 AM ET

The worst part of your post is most of the guys you listed, Cruz, Faber, Jones, Hendricks, Rashad ect...Haven't at all abandoned their wrestling and where you're coming to that conclusion I do not know unless you've never seen any of their fights.

Jones tried to take Gus down like 15 times, before that he hit a beautiful knee tap in the clinch against Sonnen and killed him on the ground, before that he ripped Vitor's arm off with a Kimura, the only fight Jones "seemingly" abandoned his wrestling was against Rashad but he didn't there either he just knew how to fight Rashad and controlled range to not give Rashad an opportunity for a takedown. His brilliance of MMA wrestling allowed him to give Rashad no openings.

Hendricks as stated has used his wrestling in basically every single of his UFC fights to a tee except when he KOed guys within a minute. So you're just being a mook saying that about him. 

Cruz has utilized his transition game amazingly, he was hitting this flinging knee taps only he does against Faber over and over against, was suplexing Mighty Mouse to oblivion, I can't remember many of his other fights too well it's been a long time but I've never seen Cruz fight without constantly transitioning on the feet, clinch, at many different ranges, into takedowns, working position ect. So that's silly of you to say too.

Rashad has never abandoned his wrestling, he tried to but failed to take Nog down over and over again. He was able to transition, time catching kicks and keep Phil off his game land takedowns Phil didn't think Rashad was even capable of. Rashad couldn't take Jones down but Jones could him once he realized this he was smart to not try anymore to give Jones counter throws ( his specialty from clinch) 

Faber....Umm his last 3 fights Jorgensen, Menjivar and Alcantara...I mean, he submitted the two while spending 15 minutes ontop of Alcantara. He wasn't able to take Barao down, he tried and got punished for it. He tried relentlessly to take Cruz down too and it wasn't easy but once he started getting better timing wa sable to hit takedowns on Wineland to edge a decision.

As for a lot of these fighters, Condit, Chuck, Cung ect their first combat sports Were Not wrestling Bill, they weren't. Their bases were not wrestling, their first martial arts weren't wrestling....No, you're wrong. 

In conclusion, you're speaking of striking almost in a derogatory tone, "stand and swing" get the **** out of here with that. Also, the UFC likes the striking aspect more than grappling it's no secret why they stand fighters up but don't put inactive striking battles down on the mat, there's a little bias but they aren't pushing fighters to be "only strikers" they just want activity and action for the casuals to froth at which is unfortunate but a reality. 

Also my huge long post had more relevancy to your posts than you know, reread it and give it 5 or 10 minutes thought then ask questions I'll surely answer for you. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.16.2013 | 11:53 AM ET

I went back and read up on Chuck Liddell.  You are right.  His maternal grandmother showed him and his brothers boxing, and he studied karate at age 13.  He also studied kickboxing.  So, I didn't know that.

Cung Le - His mother enrolled him in Taekwondo classes at the age of 10. Le has disciplines in a variety of martial arts like kuntaosambo, and was undefeated as a professional kickboxer with a record of 17 wins and 0 losses. He is a three time world champion in kickboxing and also coaches his own team, which is now 11–0 in team competition.

Le began wrestling competitively at age 14 after being inspired by Sylvester Stallone´s Rocky and earned All-American Honors in his junior year of high school. He went on to wrestle for West Valley College in Saratoga, California and won the California Junior College State Championship in the 158 lb weight class in 1990.

Didn't find much on early Condit training.  I shouldn't have used Jon Jones.  He was a bad example, and Rashad uses his wrestling more than the others, but I don't think he prefers to.

* Edited at 11.16.2013, 4:15 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

NoJuice11
NoJuice11
  • Predictions:  8,305  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,544
  • Post Score: 208

11.16.2013 | 1:44 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Also...it can be used as a hat

"Dude everyone knows Shaq got rich off playing in college"-Baseketball

Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,233  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

11.16.2013 | 2:08 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 5  

This fight will be amazing. Hopefully I get that perfect. (I won't) I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that Hendricks will be able to take GSP down.
BeastyBoy
BeastyBoy
  • Predictions:  1,825  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  46
  • Post Score: 237

11.16.2013 | 2:37 PM ET

I'm picking Georges and have in nearly all his fights but this one I am truly not sure what will happen. I have this gut feeling that Hendricks will land that one shot he needs. I can't wait for this fight.
ICEMAN23
ICEMAN23
  • Predictions:  2,885  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  123
  • Post Score: 77

11.16.2013 | 3:30 PM ET

Well Hendericks will slow down in the later rds.. If the fight goes to the 4th & 5th rd. GSP will dominate. Hendericks has to win this fight early.
Roundtable_pics
Roundtable_pics
  • Predictions:  64  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: -20

11.16.2013 | 3:33 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I believe Hendricks has the power to KO GSP however if he fails to do so GSP will walk with the W
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.16.2013 | 3:38 PM ET

It is ironic (and sad) that so many of those picking GSP to win are saying they hope he loses.

Since when did such a model spokesperson for his sport deserve such ungrateful sons of ******* for fans.

MMA fans are 80% ungrateful sons of *******.  

And I feel glee in that they are so routinely frustrated by GSP's successes.  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

bkt1982
bkt1982
  • Predictions:  2,023  |  53.2%
  • Forum Posts:  135
  • Post Score: 19

11.16.2013 | 3:43 PM ET

Agree

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I like GSP for multiple reasons his skill, charter and the fact that he does whats right inside and outside the octagon rather cameras are there or not. I would love to see him win and prove he is as good as the hype around him. Most think hendrick will drop him. Hendricks has the power that I dont recall gsp being stuck with before. GSP could shock everyone and have a amazing chin and absorb the shot if he does he will walk with the W

"I dont fight to win, I fight to survive!"

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

11.16.2013 | 3:46 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I like Georges too, I just wouldn't mind seeing him lose. Eventually I feel this way about any dominant champ, you just kinda wanna see who has it or what it's gonna take to defeat them. I just hope we get a good fight and I think we will.

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

11.16.2013 | 4:02 PM ET

@Bill

You are semi right about condit, he did say something about wrestling at young age. I dont think he stuck with it but I do believe wrestling was one of the first things he did. He also started training at jackson affiliated gym at young age but actually never trained at jackson until about 3 years ago or so. Condit guy who kinda hard to find information on his old training.

"here I come to save the day"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

11.16.2013 | 5:24 PM ET

I want GSP to win because if someone beats him it shouldn´t be Johnny Hendricks.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.16.2013 | 11:05 PM ET

If GSP retires tonight with a win over Johny Hendricks, he is, in my eyes, the greatest fighter of all-time.

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

11.16.2013 | 11:50 PM ET

I'd say he's the greatest UFC fighter of all time. I've always thought he was better than Anderson. The level of opposition was always harder for St. Pierre.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Miserable, Mean, And We Can’t Stand Her
  • MMA Mania : PFL Salt Lake City Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMA Junkie : Bogdan Guskov proud to be first Uzbekistan fighter to enter UFC rankings: 'This is my history'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest
  • MMA Mania : ‘PFL Is Not Making A Lot Of Money’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Literally Is Always In Trouble’
  • MMAFighting.com : Beneil Dariush announced as 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award recipient
  • UFC.com : Five Caio Borralho Fights To Watch Before UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Will Be Sanctioned as a Professional Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez confident she could impose her will against Zhang Weili: 'My grappling is very, very good'
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘UFC 301 countdown’ video
  • MMA Mania : Sorry, Bobby! ‘Baddy’ Vs. Moicano ‘Would Be Very, Very Funny’
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Hernandez out of UFC 302 fight with Roman Dolidze
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 15-Month-Old Son
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 18-Month-Old Son
  • MMA Mania : ‘Nicolau Had Only What He Deserved’
  • MMAFighting.com : Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell to headline PFL event in Salt Lake City in June
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: 5 fighters potentially out 180 days