Topic: Miesha Tate

Cat Zingano Injured..Miesha Tate steps in to coach TUF vs Rousey

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,174  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.28.2013 | 7:52 PM ET

http://www.ufc.com/news/tuf-18-ronda-vs-miesha-2

Too bad for Cat...I'm a bigger fan of Tate though so this works for me, and Ronda/Miesha will make for better TV imo.

* Edited at 05.28.2013, 7:56 PM ET *

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Miesha "Cupcake" Tate

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Name: Miesha Tate
  • Pro MMA Record: 20-9-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Cupcake
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: December 02, 2023 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Bantamweight | Last Weigh-In: 135.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: Xtreme Couture
  • Height: 5'6" (168cm) | Reach: 66.5" (169cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,136,500 USD
  • Born: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • Fighting out of: Olympia, Washington
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Wrestling
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 4

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.28.2013 | 11:24 PM ET

you have inside info? nobody knows what goes behind the scenes. could have been 200,000. remember, cat is a mom to a small boy.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

05.28.2013 | 11:29 PM ET

No more info then anyone else here...oh yeah and what it costs for myself and icedrosa to train BJJ at Zingano BJJ 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

mike187
mike187
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,260
  • Post Score: 239

05.28.2013 | 11:30 PM ET

^Owned!

"He told me he was going to **** me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.28.2013 | 11:39 PM ET

and now that she is free she can give you personal time and create more gyms. everyone wins.
gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,737  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

05.29.2013 | 12:28 AM ET

**** i was pumped to see zingano vs rousey 

* Edited at 05.29.2013, 12:28 AM ET *

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,174  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.29.2013 | 12:29 AM ET

First pic from the set...

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.29.2013 | 2:15 AM ET

Now this is ******.  I am bummed.  Cat was going to take the belt. Who gives a damn about Rousey vs. Tate.  I sure don't.  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

05.29.2013 | 3:33 AM ET

sucks bad for cat.

Also not good this is two consequtive tufs where someones getting a title shot comming off a loss

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,161  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.29.2013 | 3:38 AM ET

Bleh, this sucks big time. Now I hope those two ladys get in some pillow fights in their undies during the show. That would be the least they could do to compensate.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

05.29.2013 | 6:52 AM ET

An undeserving title shot in the UFC?? That never happens!

* Edited at 05.29.2013, 6:52 AM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.29.2013 | 9:14 AM ET

Who exactly is more deserving? McMann? Has she done anything that REALLY makes her more deserving than Tate? At least Tate has beat top names, fought some battles, dominated Zingano (who was supposed to be the challenger) for 2 rounds, has a rivalry with Rousey, is an ex-champion AND has already given an undeserving title shot to Rousey.

McMann hasn't beaten anyone yet and since both her and Rousey are Olympic medalists and she's considered "the one who can beat Rousey", don't you think it'd be better to build up her name value before setting that fight up?

The way the UFC's women's division stands today, given the fact that there's also a TUF season leading up to the fight, Tate is the natural choice.

UFC fans know her name and pairing her up with Rousey makes sense.

No, it's not perfect because she lost to Zingano, but Zingano blew her knee out, what can we do? Given the current situation, you either bring in Cyborg or Carano and get them down to 135 (gee, that can't be done) or you put Tate in there before she loses another fight or two and her rivalry with Rousey gets wasted because it'll no longer hold water.

I don't get the whole outrage ... it's the best decision to get out of a sticky situation (it's always sticky when the deserving fighter gets injured). Let's just sit back and enjoy the ride. Zingano and McMann will get their chances. Ronda's not going anywhere and she's beating Tate again, so what's the rush?

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

poir420
poir420

05.29.2013 | 9:20 AM ET

I get that there isn't really any options out there it just sucks to see another title shot given to someone coming off a loss. Would have rather seen them wait for Cat to heal a little and push the fight further back. I mean she doesn't really need to be 100% healty to coach the show.

* Edited at 05.29.2013, 9:20 AM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

poir420
poir420

05.29.2013 | 9:27 AM ET

Must be a Meisha fan in this thread down thumbs are a flying!

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

05.29.2013 | 9:29 AM ET

It sucks this literally is the only choice, but their first fight is what really started to generate interest in womens MMA and it's the first true rivalry. Meisha was winning the fight with Cat and i personally thought the stoppage was a little quick. I think Cat was going to get the stoppage regardless, but she should have taken a few more shots.

Lets face it too, this was a complete ACL blow out, by the time the show was done recording Cat would probably still be on crutches.... Cat should take her time and come back the right way just like GSP did, she's unbelievably talented and scrappy, she'll be back in the mix. The reality is it could be much worse, they could have brought in a flyweight from Bellator!

At this point in time this is exactly what womens MMA needs, this fight will generate a lot of interest from the public based on their rivalry.

Any BTW Bill, there are tons of people who give a **** about Rousey vs Tate..... you'll realize that soon.

* Edited at 05.29.2013, 9:30 AM ET *

mmown
mmown
  • Predictions:  2,384  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 147

05.29.2013 | 10:25 AM ET

poir, the Meisha fan is Bryan Caraway
C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

05.29.2013 | 12:38 PM ET

McMann would be a nice coach and i think it could be better tv than miesha.
mike187
mike187

05.29.2013 | 4:38 PM ET

@yossgold, I agree with you man Tate is the only real option. It's too early for McMann and there is no one else. This isn't that bad of a thing to happen actually, it gives the division a chance to develop. Cat will get her shot when she heals up a few or more months after Tate gets hers, by that time McMann will have gotten a couple more wins, enough to make her a contender and a draw. That will be about 9 months to a year from now, enough time to hopefully work this whole Cyborg thing out and by the time she gets her shot there should be a few more girls on the horizion racking up wins in the UFC.

"He told me he was going to **** me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.29.2013 | 5:32 PM ET

I have nothing personal against Tate.  She seems ok enough.  But I was just expressing my frustration that the winner of her fight with Cat will lose out on all that TV media exposure she earned.

The TUF show will give huge, massive name recognition to whoever coaches opposite Rousey.  You just can't buy that kind of publicity.  Cat earned it and deserved to reap the harvest.

That show will triple the name recognition of either Cat or Miesha.  A thing that money can't buy.  Oh, alright, money can buy it, but you know what I mean.

Now, the loser of Cat / Miesha will reap the harvest of publicity and triple her name recognition.  This will take her already somewhat good name, and inflate it drasticly.  You just can't under-estimate what this will do when TV gets behind you and invites her into our living rooms. 

I'm just so frustrated.  Has nothing to do with Tate.  Just the damn bad luck for Cat.  At their post-fight press conference, you could see how disgusted and bitter Miesha was.  She thought she'd win, expected to win, and was shocked when ref Kim Winslow stopped it.  She felt ripped off and betrayed.  It looked to me that Miesha felt entitled to the title shot.

And now, Rousey is exultant and celebratory, and saying that this is what she wanted all along.  So, everyone is popping champagne corks except Cat Zingano.  Why should Rousey have cared who won?  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

mmawizzard
mmawizzard
  • Predictions:  49,701  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,249
  • Post Score: 146

05.29.2013 | 5:49 PM ET

this sucks

"Wizzard of Tapology"

mike187
mike187

05.29.2013 | 6:47 PM ET

"The TUF show will give huge, massive name recognition to whoever coaches opposite Rousey. You just can't buy that kind of publicity. Cat earned it and deserved to reap the harvest."

I agree with you Bill but what are they supposed to do cancel TUF? Or tell everyone to sit tight until Cat heals up? It would be nice but they can't really do that. They already had tryouts, there is a network expecting a show and a bunch of girls sitting around waiting for there shot to get into the UFC. Also remember that it probably won't just be the winner who gets into the UFC, the top preformers will most likely make the cut too. So you'd also be putting the entire division on hold, a division that if starving for more talent. It's really the best option they had.

* Edited at 05.29.2013, 6:50 PM ET *

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jacob Brennan, husband/coach of UFC's Hailey Cowan, arrested on child sex crime allegations in Texas
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Details Being ‘Swatted’ After Prank Caller Reported He Killed His Parents
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘The Rock’ transforms into Mark Kerr in first look at new film ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • Bad Left Hook : Should undisputed Usyk retire? And how good is Opetaia?: Boxing’s weekend recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Conor McGregor vs. Leon Edwards? Plus, Usyk vs. Fury instant classic
  • Jits Magazine : Ronin BJJ Camp Ibiza Combines Instruction And Location For The Ideal Training Camp
  • Middle Easy : Michael Bisping Suggests Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Rematch; Kamaru Usman Wants ‘Predator’ To Face Oleksandr Usyk
  • MMA Junkie : Cage Warriors featherweight Connor Hitchens dead at 26
  • MMA Mania : Poirier Abducted By Bud Light Genie
  • MMAFighting.com : Cage Warriors fighter Connor Hitchens dies at 26
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier warns Jon Jones about Stipe Miocic: 'If you overlook him, he will put you out'
  • MMAFighting.com : Eddie Hearn criticizes Ryan Garcia for ‘most stupid, childish behavior’ since positive drug tests
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor ‘Ecstatic’ After Learning About ‘Fat Rat’ Khabib Nurmagomedov’s Alleged Tax Issues With Russian Government
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen says he's boxing Jorge Masvidal in October as result of recent beef
  • MMA Mania : The Rock Unrecognizable In ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown criticizes Jake Paul ‘trying to be f*cking hard’ talking trash to Mike Tyson: ‘So cringe’
  • MMA Mania : Murphy Cracks Top 15 In Latest UFC Rankings Update
  • MMA Junkie : Sean O'Malley releases footage of armed police storming house after hoax 'swatting' call
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304: Molly McCann’s return announced for Leon Edwards vs. Belal Muhammad 2 card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He can’t control his emotions’: Taylor confident he’s got the edge over Catterall