Topic: Anderson Silva

Nogueira brothers stopped Anderson Silva from retiring before 'The Spider' signed with UFC

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.16.2013 | 5:33 AM ET

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/5/15/4334530/nogueira-brothers-stopped-anderson-silva-from-retiring-ufc-mma

Readers Rich Franklin and Chael Sonnen: "THOSE ***********ERS!!!"
:))

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 6:20 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Anderson da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-11-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Spider
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 31, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 77.5" (197cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,857,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Muay Thai
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.16.2013 | 5:37 AM ET

I've always been a fan of the Nog brothers, but after reading this article, it makes me that much bigger of a fan of both of them. If it was not them, Anderson Silva would've never fought in the UFC.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.16.2013 | 5:42 AM ET

Unbelievable right? I mean, imagine the MMA world without him! Our whole standard of greatness would be a tad lower if you ask me.

We'd probably think that GSP is the perfect MMA fighter and the only way to achieve long-term greatness would be to know how not to lose better than anyone on the planet.

(And I'm not knocking on GSP, with what he was given that's probably HIS only way and kudos for that, but I'm still happy we got to see the artistic way to greatness along side the scientific way to greatness).

Thank you Nog Bros. Seriously. Thank you!
:)))

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 5:44 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.16.2013 | 6:59 AM ET

That would have been crazy.... Dare I say it would have been like Jordan quitting basketball after he got cut from his high school team. Talent has a lot to do with it but guys like that have a mental aspect that makes them both slightly nuts and insanely focused with perseverance that can only be unlocked by being a little crazy.

Plus, I think GSP could fight any style he wants and take those crazy chances but he's so smart he's afraid. Not an insult but he said "I'm willing to admit my fears to myself and accept them" and he then fights around danger to keep himself safe at all times whereas some guys are in the moment and will throw their body on the line for the win. GSP is so good at everything that he doesn't need to do that ever.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

05.18.2013 | 2:25 PM ET

What would have been had Travis Luter had a good weight cut? That's the bigger question

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • Middle Easy : Tito Ortiz ‘Incredibly Honored’ To Be Sworn In As Honorary Sheriff In Florida
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Pearce vs. David Onama prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry appreciates he’s the A-side now in all his fights, but still wants biggest names possible
  • MMA Mania : KnuckleMania 4 Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva vs. Ariane da Silva prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann vs. Bogdan Guskov prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Is This The Most Violent KO In WMMA History?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 predictions
  • MMA Mania : Nicolau Vs. Perez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • Bad Left Hook : McGrail vs Leach: Live discussion, 2 pm ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 play-by-play and live results (4 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results, Streaming Play-By-Play Updates TONIGHT
  • Bad Left Hook : Ramirez vs Barthelemy: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : BKFC KnuckleMania 4, live stream, play-by-play and results
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Results, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 live results