Topic: Josh Thomson

Josh Thomson: "Nate, you didn’t make the weight..."

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

05.12.2013 | 7:42 PM ET

“I think the biggest thing is this; he is interested in a rematch with me, one thing he needs to remember before the fight even happened, he was complaining after weigh in’s about how he was moving back up to 170, so he couldn’t even make weight when we fought the first time. Nate knows this."

“I am going to say this directly to him; Nate, you didn’t make the weight, so how are you going to make the weight when we fight again? That’s the thing that’s discerning, we all let it slide because it was a huge fight, but you didn’t make the weight and you still lost. So unless you plan on fighting me a 170 then I’m not really interested. Like I said, I’m looking forward to the title shot, I’m looking forward to getting in there for the title. If I have to go through him again to do it, then so be it, maybe you should start watching what you eat, maybe you should start doing that to take care of yourself. You couldn’t make the weight the first time and that was something I was going to keep to myself, but you want to start talking trash? Saying all these things, knowing that I beat you fair and square, I guess next time we’ll take 20% of your purse if you don’t make weight.

Sources: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437087/Thomson-claims-Diaz-missed-weight-for-UFC-on-FOX-7-bout/ 

http://www.bjpenn.com/exclusive-josh-thomsons-addresses-nate-diaz-directly-in-latest-interview-we-can-fight-again-but-you-didnt-make-weight-the-first-time-bjpenn-com-radio/
Josh "The Punk" Thomson

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Joshua Joseph Thomson
  • Pro MMA Record: 23-9-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Punk
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: February 18, 2017 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Lightweight | Last Weigh-In: 155.2 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Kickboxing Academy
  • Height: 5'10" (178cm) | Reach: 71.0" (180cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $761,500 USD
  • Born: San Jose, California, United States
  • Fighting out of: San Jose, California
  • Head Coach: Bob Cook
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

05.12.2013 | 7:45 PM ET

To be fair , it's hard to make weight when you got the munchies.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.12.2013 | 10:03 PM ET

The Diaz brothers are just sore losers, and Nate should've just kept his mouth shut and accepted the defeat, but of course that would too much to ask of a Diaz. I'm a fan of both brothers' fighting style, but I hate how they act when they lose. There's no reason for it. MMA is a sport of honor. You should be honorable in winning, and gracious in defeat. I don't blame Thompson for firing back. He did win the fight fair and square, and he is the first to legitimately finish Nate Diaz by KO/TKO.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

bman518
bman518
  • Predictions:  23,181  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,763
  • Post Score: 185

05.12.2013 | 10:05 PM ET

Yeah, Nate said he only lost to Bendo because his eye swelled shut.

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

05.12.2013 | 10:06 PM ET

It's one thing to make an excuse after a close decision loss, it's another thing to make 17 excuses after getting your ass kicked for 5 rounds ... Nick. It's ANOTHER thing to get knocked out and finished by someone .. only to just butcher that guys WINNING performance.. It makes no sense and is kind of ridiculous. 

* Edited at 05.12.2013, 10:07 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

05.12.2013 | 10:12 PM ET

Josh owns Nate with his words more than the beating he put on him.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 23 hours, and 33 minutes from now.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.12.2013 | 10:29 PM ET

Why the **** did I ever have Nate Diaz on my favorite fighters list? I feel embarrassed, he's literally proved me wrong with everything I said about him.

I said he improved his wrestling lately. Nope.

I said he was a bad style matchup for almost every lightweight fighter except for Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard. Obviously not.

I said his chin was unbreakable. Nope.

I said he was a lot smarter in the ring than his brother Nick. Nope.

I said he'd be the lightweight champion of the world. Not that either.

I said he was more mature than Nick. He's not that either.

******* **** Nate.

"الله أكبرl"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Desperately Wants to Get on Joe Rogan’s Podcast: ‘He is Scared of Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Zygimantas Ramaska | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Roedie Roets | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dustin Poirier, the Bud Light Genie and an alien walk into a bar ...
  • Middle Easy : Bryce Mitchell Implores Parents to Stop Vaccinating Their Kids, Convinced Public Schooling Will Turn His Son Gay
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Shamidkhan Magomedov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Ryan Loder | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Belal Muhammad Calls WWE Supporters ‘Real True’ Fans, Dubs ‘90%’ of UFC Fans as ‘Drunks That Don’t Care About Anyone’
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It, We’ll Sue Them’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: If Khamzat Chimaev doesn't manage his pace, 'it's going to be an early night for him'
  • Middle Easy : Son of UFC Legend Anderson Silva Will Fight Alongside Him at the Spaten Fight Night Event on June 15
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Donn Davis responds to Bellator fighter complaints about inactivity, unpaid medicals: 'We're direct, fair and reasonable'
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Doing A Great, Amazing Job!’ Topuria Praises Nice Guy O’Malley
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett sends warning to ‘sh*t human being’ Bobby Green ahead of UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman makes 'crazy' pitch of Oleksandr Usyk vs. Francis Ngannou: He's 'the biggest puncher out there'
  • MMA Mania : Fourth McGregor Fight? Poirier Doesn’t ‘Need That Bad Energy In My Life’
  • MMAFighting.com : Khalil Rountree Jr. suspended 2 months for doping violation, could face additional penalty in Nevada
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria praises 'showman' Sean O'Malley: 'I like him, he's doing a great job'
  • MMA Junkie : Mateusz Gamrot trashes Charles Oliveira for considering Colby Covington's callout: 'Thought you were better than that'
  • MMA Mania : Pimblett: ‘Proper S—t Human Being’ Green’s ‘Chin Is Gone’