Tapology Forums

Who has a bigger chance of pulling the upset Hendricks on GSP,Weidman on Anderson, or Bigfoot on Cain

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mmawizzard
mmawizzard
  • Predictions:  49,745  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,249
  • Post Score: 146

05.11.2013 | 7:25 PM ET

* Edited at 05.11.2013, 7:26 PM ET *

"Wizzard of Tapology"

Responses

ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,173  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

05.11.2013 | 7:30 PM ET

I'd say Weidman,then Hendricks,then Bigfoot.I think all of them will pull it off except Bigfoot XD!

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

05.11.2013 | 7:34 PM ET

Hendricks>Weidman>Bigfoot.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

05.11.2013 | 7:37 PM ET

Tough to call. I don't think either one of them is pulling off an upset, but I would say Weidman, Hendricks then Bigfoot.

Anderson and GSP have proven to be more dominant than Cain, but Cain already beat Bigfoot fairly easily.

Had it been another fighter, I would've had Cain's opponent first, then Weidman and Hendricks.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.11.2013 | 7:39 PM ET

Hendricks has the greatest equalizer in MMA. With that left hand he's always got a chance to win.

Weidman has the accolades that say he could take down Anderson and submit him but Anderson Silva is a master of avoiding the shot with his footwork and I think he will continue to do so.

Antonio Silva was on the receiving end of arguably the most violent ground n'pound in UFC history. Chances are that he has to go through that **** once again.

"الله أكبرl"

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

05.11.2013 | 7:39 PM ET

can't see bigfoot winning so he has to be last, weidman probably has a slightly better chance than hendricks...but i hope all 3 champs remain

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

mmawizzard
mmawizzard

05.11.2013 | 8:06 PM ET

I think hendricks has the best chance because weidman is a chump and most likely will get killed by the spider, and I believe Bigfoot don't have a chance at all same thing will happen first fight, But hendrick has so much power in his left hand and if he can connect before Gsp takes him down it could be night night for GSP.

"Wizzard of Tapology"

mmawizzard
mmawizzard

05.11.2013 | 8:07 PM ET

but most likely everyone will remain the champ sadly

* Edited at 05.11.2013, 8:09 PM ET *

"Wizzard of Tapology"

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

05.11.2013 | 11:02 PM ET

Hendricks takes it easily do to his incredible power and Georges St. Pierre's chin has been shown at times to be vulnerable along with Hendricks on paper laying claim to a much better wrestler base than  St. Pierre it seems he has the best shot of dethroning the champ.  Then again it is st.pierre.  Weidman may be hyped by the people due to the one skill set he holds over Anderson in wrestling and grappling but against the greatest fighter of all time I see him as being demolished by Silva.  Bigfoot while powerful,  is still fresh in the minds of people for his absolute  thrashing he took by the ground and pound of Cain Velasquez.  Silva is most likely not going to be trying to submit Cain from the bottom and nor does he have the gas tank to go with Cain so I predict the fight going like last time but by early 2nd round stoppage for Cain Velasquez.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

05.11.2013 | 11:52 PM ET

Weidman by a mile. I'm actually pretty worried about it. It's not because I can't stomach the idea of Anderson Silva losing once in the UFC. It's because I sincerely believe a super fight between him and GSP would be next.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.11.2013 | 11:59 PM ET

Hendricks easily has the biggest chance imo, I like Weidman's chances too. Bigfoot's? Not so much

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

05.12.2013 | 12:04 AM ET

GSP is an excellent game planner. He knows Hendricks only shot at beating is by hitting with a big left hand and GSP will work a game plan in to avoid striking with Hendricks or fighting at a distance that may put him in danger of possibly being caught by a big left hand.

Although I know I said Weidman has the biggest chance of dethroning Anderson, I don't see that happening either. Sure Weidman is being hyped due to his grappling skills, but in my eyes he doesn't bring anything to the table that Silva hasn't dealed with already in the past. Sure he has good wrestling and good grappling skills, but Sonnen was a good wrestler and Silva beat him convincingly and he's already beaten really good grapplers like Maia, Leites and Lutter, so I see Silva winning again and continuing to establish his spot in the history of MMA and proving those who picked against him wrong once again.

* Edited at 05.12.2013, 12:09 AM ET *

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654

05.12.2013 | 12:22 AM ET

@ grizzlyedwin - really enjoyed reading your post. Very well put together, and I agree with you 100%.

When it comes right down to it, whoever faces Anderson Silva at 185 or GSP at 170, they will always be the underdog coming into the fight, while Anderson and GSP will always be the favorite, because they are champions, but also both fighters are the best fighters of all time in their respective weight classes. In the same respect, whoever faces them has just as much of a chance of beating them, because on any given night, the biggest underdog in the world can prove the entire world wrong. Just ask James "Buster" Douglas when he fought Mike Tyson.

Johnny Hendricks does have a chance of beating GSP, and he could very well be a better wrestler than GSP, but like grizzly pointed out, GSP is one helluva a gameplanner. GSP will study every single aspect of Hendricks game, and do what GSP does best. Expose, exploit, and take advantage of his opponent's weaknesses in order to make the fight play into his own hands, and do whatever it takes to win the fight in convincing fashion.

Chris Weidman is the only fighter at 185 that I think poses a threat to Anderson Silva, and is the only one who has a chance of dethroning Silva, but once again like grizzly pointed out, Weidman doesn't bring anything to the table that Anderson hasn't already seen. Silva may not have the greatest wrestling or the greatest takedown defense, but all Silva needs is for Weidman to make the tiniest mistake, or the smallest opening for Silva to put the fight where he wants it, and finish however he sees fit.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

JuniorOt7
JuniorOt7
  • Predictions:  267  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 250

05.12.2013 | 2:03 AM ET

I think Chris Weidman has the best chance. Anderson Silva has had a bit of trouble when he's up against good wrestlers. Chael Sonnen was taking him down with ease in their first fight & got what seem to be a pretty easy takedown in the first round of their second fight. Travis Lutter mounted Anderson, and if not for the fact that he nearly had to kill himself trying to make weight, he probably could have capitalized on that. And Dan Henderson won the first round of their fight until he was choked out, which i don't see Anderson doing to Weidman because of his good BJJ.
jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654

05.12.2013 | 3:35 AM ET

@ JuniorOt7 - Good post, and much agreed with you on most of it, but some things that have to be pointed out. Weidman has never been 5 rounds in his entire career. In the 2nd Sonnen fight, the Lutter fight, and the Hendo fight Silva lost the first round, but in the 2nd round none of those fighters could get Anderson to the ground again, and Silva finished them in the 2nd round. In the first Chael Sonnen fight, Sonnen tested positive for steroids. Silva has also defeated 3 fighters at 205 by first round KO/TKO.

Weidman has all the tools, but he's got a massive task in front of him with Anderson Silva.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

05.12.2013 | 7:05 AM ET

i think Hendricks has a great chance, if he fights smart and paces himself in case he doesn't get the stoppage early. The main reason i have GSP winning a decision is because i dont think Hendricks will do that.

Weidman hasn't fought the level of competition Hendricks has and i actually think Anderson got better in dealing with wrestling. If Anderson is 100% I give him the same probability of winning i would against anyone else (except for Bones). But could be that that 100% doesn't exist anymore, its sad to say but one day Silva will be old.

Big Foot has to avoid the take down, which i dont think he can, or get lucky... 
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

05.12.2013 | 8:06 AM ET

I think Hendricks would be an idiot if he tried to pace himself. He has virtually no chance of winning via points. He needs to finish this. He does not have even remotely the same stamina as GSP. Pacing himself will make is extremely hard to get the knock out which is his only chance of winning this fight.

"here I come to save the day"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.12.2013 | 10:14 AM ET

Yeah, Hendricks absolutely has to go crazy in the first round. As long as this fight is on the feet Hendricks needs to be swinging for the finish. That's  the only way he beats GSP, and I think if approached properly, he does it. 

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

05.12.2013 | 11:55 AM ET

Hendricks has a couple tendencies when he throws that big left. GSP will be able to see it coming from a mile away. What is he going to do when he can't hit the big sloppy left hand and he can't get the takedown? Get picked apart is what will happen. He'll be sitting at the post fight presser with a busted up face talking about how he thought he was good until he fought the champ and how he needs to get in the gym and get a lot better and on and on. 

I think we all agree Weidman has what it takes physically and the skill set to beat Silva. Weidman's most important part of this fight will be where he's at mentally when they close the cage door. Will he be beat before the fight even starts. I thought the best thing Chael had going for him was his mindset. He truly didn't care about what Silva had done previous or what he was going to do. Chael had a plan he stuck to it and it worked for 4 and a half rounds. If Weidman can do the same he has a good chance.

Bigfoot has a very small chance but in the HW division you just never know. I think Silva learned a lot from his first fight with Cain. He already said he's not going to throw any kicks which is a great start. 

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.12.2013 | 12:03 PM ET

I don't think not throwing kicks is what'll stop Cain from taking him down.

Cain will take him down at some point in the first round and once it goes there it's over. He may last into the 2nd as a bloody mess just waiting to get finished.

If by any chance he manages to touch Cain before said takedown, well, then we've got ourselves something interesting, but I seriously doubt that happens. Bigfoot doesn't have JDS' hand speed or an injured Cain to bank on.

People keep talking about the Overeem upset. He upset a ****y out of shape and gassed Overeem who was still lighting him up for 2 rounds. Good for him, but Cain is more focused, in better shape and has a no-*******-around attitude.

Just my opinion, of course.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.12.2013 | 12:13 PM ET

Bigfoot's only shot at beating Cain Velasquez is:

A) He can get on top of Cain .. which is HIGHLY unlikely obviously. Bigfoot is A BIG dude, if he gets ontop of you, not matter who you are he will stay ontop of you. He has some brutal GnP .. but he will not get Cain down.

B) If he can time something (like a knee) when Cain shoots in on him.

Other then that, it's Cain. Even if Cain decides to use purely standup the second time around, Bigfoot is in for a long night regardless.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Incredible Lineup Announced For EBI 21: The Absolutes
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-UFC heavyweight Greg Hardy goes limp into ropes in KO loss
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘Ruthless’ In BKFC?
  • MMA Junkie : Full fight video: Jon Jones puts Lyoto Machida out cold at UFC 140
  • Bad Left Hook : IBF orders Cacace to face mandatory challenger Nunez
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Hard To Deny The Activity’
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad vows to 'do everyone a favor' and dethrone 'coward' Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Want To Fight With Pantoja!’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Paige VanZant, Elle Brooke face off at MF & DAZN: X Series 15 press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he filed lawsuit against Ryan Garcia over Prime Hydration
  • Middle Easy : Henry Cejudo Expects ‘Long Haul’ Before UFC Title Fight, Why That Starts With Rob Font
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren convinced Conor McGregor is jealous of Khabib Nurmagomedov: 'No money can make up for that'
  • MMA Mania : Watch BROADENED HORIZIN — Feat. Horiguchi And Pettis
  • MMAFighting.com : Oleksandr Usyk set to portray PRIDE legend alongside ‘The Rock’ in Mark Kerr biopic
  • Middle Easy : Former Champ Jamahal Hill Draws New Opponent In UFC 303 Co-Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Video reaction: What does Gegard Mousasi's Bellator release say about state of PFL merger?
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Expect something serious’: Haneys react to Ryan Garcia’s positive B-sample results
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney reacts to Ryan Garcia positive B-sample drug test, takes aim at Oscar De La Hoya
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall: Curtis Blaydes rematch at UFC 304 is a 'lose-lose' because he's 'not that popular'
  • MMA Mania : Mousasi Released From PFL Amid Contract Dispute