Topic: John Howard

Should the UFC resign Doomsday?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

StarsStavros
StarsStavros

04.20.2013 | 3:17 PM ET

The only people he lost to during his first run were Jake Ellenberger, who's now a top contender, Thiago Alves, who was also a top guy at the time and had a title shot not long before that, and then a controversial decision to Matt Brown, who's also on fire as of late. And he's on a 5 fight win streak and destroyed all his opponents; his last fight was a 23 second knockout. He claims he's more technical now and less of a slugger, so why not give him another shot?
John "Doomsday" Howard

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: John J. Howard
  • Pro MMA Record: 29-19-1 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Doomsday
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: April 02, 2022 in XMMA
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 170.2 lbs
  • Affiliation: F A F Gym
  • Height: 5'7" (170cm) | Reach: 72.0" (183cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $472,000 USD
  • Born: Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
  • Fighting out of: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.20.2013 | 3:19 PM ET

I think for one, he has fought a bunch of cans. and 2, the UFC is in the process of a major cutting-spree. I think right now, it'll be hard for any fighter to get in the UFC, given their over-saturation. 

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

StarsStavros
StarsStavros

04.20.2013 | 3:28 PM ET

Not all of them were cans, there were top local guys, and one of them I'm pretty sure was Kenny Florian's boxing coach. The UFC is mainly trying to make room for the Strikeforce guys and get rid of people that are falling down in the rankings; Dana White pretty much took back what he said about the cutting spree in later interviews.
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,012  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

04.20.2013 | 4:00 PM ET

Why not always liked Doomsday and his fighting style and his nickname also. Maybe he has a chance if he continues to fight at 185 since the MW division is a less packed.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,444  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

04.20.2013 | 5:33 PM ET

Maybe. Only if he fights at 170lbs., no way should he fight at middleweight versus high level competition.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

04.20.2013 | 5:34 PM ET

I thought he looked terrible against Matt Brown, but i haven't seen that in a while. Like @jitz said, they're trying to cut a bunch of guys, and Howard competes in an already stacked weight class.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tells Jake Paul ‘I would quit boxing’ if steroid accusations are true
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 post-event facts: Michel Pereira joins elite company with eighth straight octagon win
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'
  • Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’
  • MMA Mania : Video: O’Malley Vs. Dvalishvili Booked?
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Shore's coach calls foul on shin cut stoppage at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let Fighters Fight!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones reveals ‘I have a date’ for UFC return, verbal agreement in place
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 teaser video: Shadowy Conor McGregor paces during 'Foggy Dew'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch insane knockout punch leave fighter flat on the canvas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Conor McGregor’s return teased in spine-tingling promo ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Bad For Buffer’
  • Jits Magazine : Who’s Number One 23: Nicholas Meregali vs Vagner Rocha Full Preview