Topic: Off Topic

The Culture of Tapology

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.09.2013 | 2:42 AM ET

This MMA community has many non-MMA threads already.  Music, Jokes, baseball, football, etc.

So, I thought it might serve a purpose to create a thread for all the other contributions to each other's lives that don't fit anywhere else.

Do you have something that would enrich the community culturally?  Maybe dance, comedy, nutritional, inspirational, arresting visuals?  But please let's keep this positive, and appropriate to the general public.

Maybe a video clip of a movie, broadway show, highly unusual, utterly creative, a cutting edge piece of information, a new computer application, or something that would make someone's life better or richer.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses Page 4

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.10.2013 | 1:12 PM ET

Who Are We? Welcoming Thread. Share your mini-profile.

For your own profiles, just copy paste mine, then go back and delete my information, and put in your own personal stuff and preferences.

At the minimum, it would be nice to know the year you were born, where you now live, if you train for MMA, and when and how you came to acquire your MMA passion.

William Burgess; 5'7; 
Born: 1951, Brooklyn, NY
. Lived on Putnam Ave., Brooklyn with our Nanny until 1953. Dad was in Korea, trying to not get himself killed.
1953-56: Lived in base housing, Sheridanville, Fort Dix, NJ.
1956-69: Lived in Mt. Holly, NJ. 
1969-79: Lived in NYC. Lived Woodside (Queens), Riverdale (Bronx), Inwood (Manhattan), West 73 St., near Columbus Ave. 
1979-present: Palo Alto/Menlo Park, CA area, 30 miles south of San Francisco, CA

Nationality: Mom's side (1/2 Italian, 1/4 Spanish, Madrid, 1/4 French); Dad's side (English, Irish, Scotch)

Education: Catholic grade school (Sacred Heart School on High Street, Mt. Holly, NJ), public HS (Rancocas Valley Reg. HS, Jacksonville Rd., Mt. Holly, NJ);

Manhattan College, Riverdale, Bronx, NY, 1969-70. Dropped out and never regretted it for a minute. Ran track there, trained on my own, ran a 4:43 mile in only race I ran. Coaches there were Fred Dwyer / Frank Gagliano, both world-class. 

I came by my BB passion from Dad. He wanted to be a pitcher, and was good, but his mom (Grandma) wouldn't let him. So he hoped I'd be a ballplayer, but I wasn't near good, big, fast, strong enough. I played grade-school ball from 4th-7th grade, in CYO (Catholic Youth Organization), and was on my HS freshman team. Wanted to pitch but they sat me on the bench. Of course, as a grade schooler, we played BB in the neighborhood every day. Couldn't stay away from it. I was also in a slow-pitch softball league, around 1979, co-ed. Loved it. It was based on company employees. 

From 1966 - 1970, was a runner, set HS records in track / x-country. Went to NJ state meet as HS junior. Ran 4:34 / 10:17 in mile / 2 miles double. 

Work: 1969-79 - NYC post office (GPO - 33-34 St. & 8th Ave.;
1970-77, trained to be a professional dancer, worked NYC night-club, Trude Heller's as professional rock dancer. Rock Dance Super Freak.
1979-89, Palo Alto, CA cab driver
1985- 2004 - self-employed window washer
1998-present - self-employed adult care-giver

Along the way, I also did sales. Sold health supplements to pedestrians on the street in NYC (1977), Filter Queen vacuums (door to door in Joliet, IL, 1989), nutritional supplements, dental plans by phone (NYC, 1998), term life insurance (A. L. Williams - Mt. Holly, NJ, 1989). Also worked for temp employment agencies as a clerk in offices, shipping and receiving clerk, driving gigs, and a lot of crap jobs - just for a desperation paycheck.

Most everything I've ever tried, I've done extremely well, except for sales. Not braggin'. Just obsess on stuff till I get it right. 

Favorite ballplayers: Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner, Buck Ewing, Rube Waddell, Walter Johnson, George Sisler, Eddie Collins, Joe Jackson, Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax, Nolan Ryan, Oscar Charleston, John 'Pop' Lloyd, Biz Mackey.

Favorite movies: Star War series, Somewhere In Time (1980), 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958), Dune (1984), Forbidden Planet (1956), 8 1/2 (1963), American Psycho (2000), Fargo (1996), 7 Beauties (1976), Blue Velvet (1986), Silence of the Lambs trilogy, Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001-2003), The Exorcist (1973), Gone With The Wind (1939), Wizard of Oz (1939), anything concerning the Trojan War, many well-done love stories, most Ivory-Merchant movies.

Favorite Rock Acts: Beatles, Beach Boys, 4 Seasons, Temptations, Miracles, Brian Wilson, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, The Band, Staple Singers, Van Morrison, Carol King, Phil Spector, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Paul Simon, Sam Cooke, Smokey Robinson. 

Favorite Rock CD's: Abbey Road (1969, Beatles); Rubber Soul (1965, Beatles); Pet Sounds (1966, Beach Boys); Smile (2004, Brian Wilson); Sticky Fingers (1971, Rolling Stones); Exile on Main Street (1972, Rolling Stones); Bridge Over Troubled Waters (1970, Simon & Garfunkle); There Goes Rhymin' Simon (1973, Paul Simon); Tapestry (1971, Carol King); The Fairy Ring (1982, Mike Rowland, New Age pianist); (own 10 versions of HAIR, 1968 London version of Hair is the best, IMHO).

Favorite "Greatest Hits" Collections: Temptations (1994, Emperors of Soul); Miracles (1994, 35 Anniversary Collection); 4 Seasons (1988, 25th Anniversary Collection); Beach Boys (1993, Good Vibrations: Thirty Years of the Beach Boys); Hank Williams, Sr. (1990, The Original Singles Collection); Supremes (1986, Anthology); The Band (1994, Across the Great Divide); Eagles (1994, Very Best Of Eagles); Bob Dylan (1985, Biograph); Aretha Franklin (1992, Queen of Soul); Simon & Garfunkel (1990, Collected Works); Elton John (2002, Greatest Hits, 1970-2002); Paul Simon (1993, 1964-1993); Bob Marley (1999, Songs of Freedom); Joan Baez (1993, Rare, Live, & Classic); The Very Best of The Dixie Cups (1998, Chapel of Love); Fleetwood Mac (1988, Greatest Hits); George McCrae (1994, The Best of George McCrae - Rock Your Baby); Chicago (2002, The Very Best of Chicago - Only The Beginning).

Favorite Rock Geniuses: Brian Wilson (Beach Boys/soloist); Paul McCartney (Beatles/Wings); John Lennon (Beatles/soloist); Bob Dylan; Smokey Robinson (Miracles, soloist); Norman Whitfield (Temptations); Phil Spector (Righteous Bros., Crystals, Ronettes); Bob Gaudio (4 Seasons); Holland-Dozier-Holland team (4 Tops/Supremes/Martha & the Vandellas/Motown groups); Jagger/Richards team (Rolling Stones); Bob Marley (The Wailers); Ray Davies (Kinks); Paul Simon; Elton John; Sam Cooke; Robbie Robertson (The Band); John Fogerty (Creedence Clearwater Revival); Van Morrison.

Favorite Rock Voices: Paul McCartney, Smokey Robinson, Eric Burdon (The Animals), David Ruffin (Temptations, soloist), Eddie Kendricks (Temptations, soloist), Chuck Jackson, Jackie Wilson, Little Richard, Frankie Vallie (4 Seasons), Aretha Franklin, Carol King, Joan Baez, Judy Collins, Sam Cooke, Roy Orbison, Jerry Butler, Lou Rawls, Brook Benton, Van Morrison.

Favorite Rock Guitarists: George Harrison (Beatles, 1962-70); Keith Richards (Rolling Stones, 1962-present); Ronnie Wood (Rod Steward/Rolling Stones, 1975-present); Eric Clapton (Yardbirds, 1963-65)(Cream, 1966-68, etc.); Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead, 1965-95); Marvin Tarplin (Miracles, 1961-73, Smokey Robinson, 1973-present); Ike Turner, Carlos Santana (Santana, 1970-present). 

Favorite Rock Drummers: The groups which are listed here are merely the most identified with. All these drummers worked with many groups, and free lanced in studio sessions, and touring:
Benny Benjamin (almost all Motown/Gordy/Tamla recordings, 1959-68); Hal Blaine (studio sessions); Bernard Purdy; Ginger Baker (Cream); Ringo Starr (Beatles, 1962-70); Graeme Edge (Moody Blues, 1964-75); Jim Keltner (Gary Lewis & Players, among others); Dino Danelli (Rascals, 1964-72); Bobby Colomby (Blood, Sweat & Tears, 1967-77); Steve Gadd (Steely Dan); Ansley Dunbar (Journey, 1974-78); BJ Wilson (Procol Harem, 1967-75,'77); Mitch Mitchell (Jimmy Hendrix Experience, 1966-70); John Bonham (Led Zeplin); John J. Badanjek (Mitch Ryder & Detroit Wheels, 1964-67,'71); Ian Paice (Deep Purple); Danny P. Seraphine (Chicago, (1966-90); Bill Bruford (Yes, 1968-69,91); Michael Shrieve (Santana, 1969-74,'88); Carl Palmer (Emerson, Lake & Palmer, 1970-79); Neil Peart (Rush, 1974-present); Jeff Porcaro (Toto); John Robinson, Gregg Bissonette.

Music I Don't Care For: Although I may like an isolated example from a category, the categories I don't care for, as a whole are: Country, blues, bluegrass, gospel, hard rock, heavy metal, New Wave, Punk, Rap, Hip Hop, Jazz, Latin. 

Music I'm predisposed to Like: Classic Rock, light rock, 1950's Doo Wop, R&B (Soul Music), Easy Listening, New Age, Reggae, Broadway, Big Bands, Folk, Tex-Mex, Western, popular (Sinatra, Bennett, Streisand).

Classical Music: Although I cannot access most classical music, finding it too bombastic, heavy, tedious or just plain boring, there are certain select pieces which bespeak genius: 1st/3rd movements of Beethoven's 9th Symphony; Adagio of Mozart's 41st (Jupiter) Symphony, adagios from Beethoven's Late String Quartets. 

Greatest Athletes of 20th Century: Jim Thorpe, Jim Brown, Ty Cobb, Babe Didrikson Zaharias, Honus Wagner, Michael Jordan, Mohammed Ali, Jack Dempsey, Wilt Chamberlain, Carl Lewis, Red Grange, Pele.

Favorite Track Runners: Ron Clarke, Jim Ryun, Gerry Lindgren, Steve Prefontaine, Marty Liquori, Paavo Nurmi, Emil Zatopek, Haile Gebrselassie.

Favorite Basketball Players: Michael Jordan, Dr. J. (Julius Irving), Walt Frazier, Bob Cousy, Meadowlark Lemon.

Favorite Football Runners: Jim Brown, Jim Thorpe, Walter Payton, Red Grange, Franco Harris, Gayle Sayers, Barry Sanders, Eric ****erson, Tony Dorsett.

Favorite Movie Directors: David Lynch, Igmar Bergman, Federico Fellini, Akira Kurosawa, Luis Buñuel, Stanley Kubrick, John Huston, Alfred Hitch****, Steven Spielberg, John Boorman, Lindsay Anderson, Ron Howard, Lina Wertmuller.

Favorite Actors: Lawrence Olivier, John Gielgud, Alec Guiness, John Barrymore, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy, Kenneth Branagh, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Edward G. Robinson, WC Fields, Max Von Sydow, Dustin Hoffman, Robert DeNiro, Donald Sutherland, Marlon Brando, Sean Penn, Malcolm McDowell, Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Nicholas Cage, Charles Grodin, James Woods, Vince Vaughn, Tom Hanks, Philip Seymour Hoffman, William Hurt, Joe Mantegna, Hector Elizondo, Alex Baldwin, Jude Law, Viggo Mortensen, Tom Wilkinson, Charles Laughton, Christopher Plummer; Jack Nicholson, Robin Williams, George Clooney, Matt Damon, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Spacey, Kiefer Sutherland, Morgan Freeman, Adrien Brody;

Favorite Actresses: Meryl Streep, Glenn Close, Michelle Pfeiffer, Ingrid Bergman, Betty Davis, Liv Ullman, Mae West, Virginia Madsen, Mariel Hemingway, Yvette Mimieux, Cate Blanchard, Frances McDermott, Sandra Bernhardt, Scarlett Johansson, Sissy Spacek;

Favorite Ice Dancers: John Curry, Toller Cranston, Scottie Hamilton, JoJo Starbuck, Katerina Witt.

Favorite Mixed Martial Artists of the Ultimate Fighting Championships: UFC These names are hyper-links. Click onto any of them, and it will take you to their wikipedia page, showing their complete, current records.
Ken ShamrockDan SevernRoyce GracieRandy CoutureDon FryeVitor BelfortWanderlei SilvaGeorges St. PierreDiego Sanchez, Jon Fitch.

Technically Best-Made Movies: Exorcist I (1973), Lord of the Ring trilogy (2001-03), West Side Story (1961), Angel Heart (1987), Terminator I (1984), Silence of the Lambs (1991), Dune (1984), Blue Velvet (1986), Total Recall (1990), Forbidden Planet (1956), 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958), Star Wars Series.

Favorite Cool Stuff: Antique Ivory, artifacts made from ivory/bone/celluloid, antique maplewood furniture, old-fashioned fountain pens, old coins, old bills, marble, alabaster, autumn-toned quilted comforters, anything gold, living in NYC's west side, Jewish delis, jumbo shrimp, chopped liver from a real Jewish Deli, Orange Julius', vanilla egg cremes, Famous Ray's Pizza (NYC), Chinese take-out, Nathan's in NYC, Pretty Women who really like me. 

Favorite Comedy Stuff: Charlie Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy, Harvey Korman (Carol Burnett Show), Peter Sellers, Steve Martin, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle, Seinfeld, Danny Kaye, Madylyn Kahn, Phil Silvers (Bilko), WC Fields, Steve Allen, Robin Williams, Billy Crystal, George Carlin, Rodney Dangerfield, Jackie Gleason (Honey Mooners), William Bendix (Life of Riley), Amos & Andy.

Least Favorite Comedy Stuff: Abbot & Costello, I Love Lucy, Tim Conway, Gilligans' Island, 3 Stooges, Buddy Hackett, Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner, Martin Short, Jackie Mason, Paul Reiser (Mad About You), Jerry Lewis, Don Rickles, Alf, Bronson Pinchot (Perfect Strangers), 3's Company, Bosom Buddies, Soap, The Ropers, Married With Children, Benny Hill, Stick Puppet 'Madame', MASH.

Favorite Interests (hobbies): Old-fashioned baseball, chess, 60-70's classic light rock music, modern jazz dance, pretty women, Track and Field, Mixed Martial Arts Fighting (watching).

Favorite TV Shows: My 3 Sons, Leave It To Beaver, Andy Griffith, Seinfeld, 8 Is Enough, Amos and Andy, The Real McCoys, Life of Riley, Maverick, Golden Girls, Larry Sander's, Dobie Gillis, Siskel/Ebert, Have Gun - Will Travel, Bonanza, LA Law, Waltons, Little House on Praire, Family, Columbo, baseball games, UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championships), Wicked Wicked Games 2007 mini-series, American Bandstand, The Apprentice, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Aaron's Way, Love Connection, Parole Board, People's Court, Benu The Phoenix, A&E's American Justice, Cold Case Files, FBI Files, "I Shouldn't Be Alive" - aired on Discovery Channel, 2005-07, and Animal Planet, 2010-present, Court TV's Forensic Files, Arrest & Trial, Meerkat Manor, Dragon's Den, Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, American Restoration, Pawn Stars, Oxygen Channel's 'Snapped' series, Fear Factor, Antiques Roadshow, Shark Tank, American Idol, Bait Car, The Locator, Shipping Wars, Swamp People, City Confidential, Dual Survival, Dateline: Real Life Mysteries.

Least Favorite TV Shows: Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Kourtney and Khloé, Khloe and Lamar, Braxton Family Values, Growing Up Gotti, My Fair Wedding With David Tutera, Bridezillas, The Real Housewives series, Gene Simmons' Family Jewels, Hogan Knows Best, Tori & Dean, Brooke Knows Best, Jerry Springer, Ricky Lake, Maury, Morton Downey Show, Kate Plus 8, Kathy Griffin, Flavor of Love with Flavor Flav, Bethenny Ever After, World's Dumbest, WWE, Mob Wives, Jersey Shore, 1,000 Ways to Die (It's all made up), Manswers, Raising Sextuplets, Graham Norton Show, America's Funniest Home Videos, Oxygen's The Bad Girls Club, Oxygen's Love Games: Bad Girls Need Love Too, Impractical Jokers, truTV's Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel, Wipeout, Ice Loves Coco.

Favorite Foods: chopped liver from a real Jewish Deli, thick well-done steak, lamb, fried chicken, pizza, cheese, potatoes in any form but especially baked, corn, avocados, artichokes, mushrooms, broccoli, shrimp, crab, lobster, scallops, oysters, clams, seafood/clam chowder, lasagna, quiche, cheese cake, hoagies, popcorn, fastfood burgers such as a mushroom cheeseburger with spicy mustard. (Also am a severe chocoholic, due to a severe caffeine addiction. But I don't eat it anymore because caffeine messes me up. Still yearn/long for coca-cola and ice tea! Memories of my favorite former downfalls are fading fast! Hate when that happens.)

Favorite Comfort Junk food from Childhood - Hershey Bar, Peanut Butter Reese Cup, Baby Ruth, Chunky, Snickers, 3 Muskateers, Milky Way, oreo cookies, TastyCake Fruit Pies, Oatmeal Raisin Bars, Almond Joy, Slim Jim Beef Jerky, 

Favorite Colognes - Old Spice, Kent of London, Canoe, Brut, Jade East, English Leather, Pinaud. 

I Hope Tapology members see me as: MMA knowledgeable, a friendly, nice guy who likes to help people, articulate, having good taste, sincere.

Least Favorite People: George Bush, OJ Simpson, Amarosa (The Apprentice), Stacy Kessler (Millionaire Matchmaker), Walter O'Malley, Charles Comiskey, Ban Johnson, Ted Kennedy, TV evangelists, Ariel Sharon, Saddam Hussein, **** Cheney, Dr. Laura Schlessinger, Diana Ross, the Rockefellers, the Rothchilds, Queen of England, Adolf Hitler and all high-level Nazis.

Favorite Books: 
Iliad, Odyssey, by Homer, ancient times
Othello (1604), Hamlet (1600), by William Shakespeare
The Scarlet Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne, 1850
Camille, by Alexandre Dumas, 1852
She series, by Sir Henry Rider Haggard, 1887
The Destruction of the Greek Empire and the Story of the Capture of Constantinople by The Turks, by Edwin Pears, 1903
Green Mansions, by William Henry Hudson, 1904
Seventeen, by Booth Tarkington, 1915
Wisdom's Daughter, by Sir Henry Rider Haggard, 1922
The Tiger's Fang, by Paul Twitchell, 1959
2150 A.D., by Thea Alexander, 1971
The Talons of Time, by Paul Twitchell, 1971
With No Apologies: The outspoken political memoirs of America's Conservative Conscience, by Barry M. Goldwater, 1979
Way of The Peaceful Warrior, by Dan Millman, 1980
Ptolia, by Fred Baker, 1982
Hand of Death, The Henry Lee Lucas Story, by Max Call, 1985
On The Breath Of The Gods, by Ariel Tomioka, 1988
Triumph of Justice, The Final Judgment on the (OJ) Simpson Saga, by Daniel Petrocelli, with Peter Knobler, 1998
Your 1st Contact, by Sheldan Nidle, 2000

Favorite Sports Books:
My Life in Baseball - the True Record, by Ty Cobb, with Al Stump, 1961
Cobb, by Al Stump, 1994
Ty Cobb, by Charles Alexander, 1984
The Unforgiving Minute, by Ron Clarke, 1966
Walter Johnson, Baseball's Big Train, by Henry W. Thomas, 1995
Baseball's Best: The Hall of Fame Gallery, by Martin Appel, Burt Goldblatt, 1980
The Glory of Their Times, by Lawrence Stanley Ritter, 1966
Big Sticks, by William Curran, 1990
The Life That Ruth Built, by Marshall Smelser, 1975
Various editions of Total Baseball, especially 1st. ed., 1989
Bill James' Historical Baseball Abstract, by Bill James, 1985, 1988, 2001

Those I Admire Most: 
Jesus, Budda, Socrates, Plato, For showing a darkened world a better way.
Leonardo Da Vinci, 1452-1519, Italian Florentine Renaissance painter, sculptor, architect, engineer, scientist; leading figure in sparking the Middle Ages towards an Enlightenment in the arts/sciences.
Winston Churchill, 1874-65, guided England through its darkest hour. Lord of Admiralty, 1911-15, '39; Prime Minister, 1940-45, 1951-55.
Nelson Mandela, 1918-present, S. Africa's 1st black Pres., imprisoned 1962-90, 28 yrs. due to conscience.
Mahatma Gandhi, 1869-1948, led India to independence from Great Britain via non-violence demonstrations.
Vaclav Havel, 1936-present, imprisoned due to conscience, 1st. Pres. Czechoslovakia, allowed nation to divide without violence/bloodshed.
Albert Einstein, 1879-1955, German Jew, theories on physics changed his field.
Albert Schweitzer, 1875-65, German Christian philosopher, physician, humanitarian, missionary, musician.
Nikolai Tesla, 1856-1943, Yugoslavian inventor whose ideas underlaid most modern machines.
Giuseppe Garibaldi, 1807-82, Father of modern Italian state.
Simon Bolivar, 1783-1830, Father of modern Bolivian state.
Hannibal, 247 BC-183 BC, For military genius, and standing up to Rome.
Emanuel Lasker, 1868-41, German-Jewish chess master, philosopher, mathematician. Chess world champion, 1894-21. 
Dali Llama Tenzin Gyatso, 1935-present, 13th in Tibetan lineage. Chinese invasion of Tibet in 1959, forced him into a government-in-exile in N. India. Awarded 1989 Nobel Peace Prize by Norwegian Nobel Peace committee.
Lysander, ?-395 BC, Spartan general who granted unbelievably lenient terms of surrender to Athens in 404 BC, after Athens, during the 30 yr. Peloponnesian war, 431 BC-404 BC, had destroyed many Greek city-states, and killed all their men and sold their women/children into slavery.

My Most Admired Americans:

1. George Washington, 1732-1799, man of virtue, (outside of enslaving blacks), fortitude at Valley Forge, died at his beloved estate, Mt. Vernon, VA.
2. Ty Cobb, 1887-1961, perfected his chosen aspect of human existence, due to his ability to commit his entire being to his goal.
3. George Washington Carver, 1860-1943 American black educator, inventor, agricultural/food scientist, farmer discovered over 100 uses for the peanut/soybean. Did his utmost to assist his fellow Southern farmers in weaning themselves off of their dependency on cotton.
4. Robert E. Lee , 1807-1870, (for EVERYTHING)
5. Douglas MacArthur, 1880-1964, brilliant tactics of island hopping saved American lives. Led US military forces in Pacific in WWII, & Korea. Pissed off Pres. Truman, got fired.
6. Mohammad Ali, 1942-present, for standing up to the draft board, refused to go & fight in Vietnam, spreading his chosen religion, Islam.
7. Stonewall Jackson, 1824-1863, brilliant military tactician for Confederates, under Lee, in Civil War.
8. Jimmy Carter, 1924-present, for his moderation in the Iranian "hostage crises" & building homes for the poor in 3rd world countries.
9. Honus Wagner, 1874-1955, for his Lincolnesque humility & humor despite his awesome greatness in his chosen field.
10. Connie Mack, 1862-1956, his angelic exemplary disposition and great knowledge in his field. Closest person BB ever came to producing a secular "saint".
11. Martin Luther King, Jr., 1929-1968, advocated non-violent means to social progress for American blacks. 
12. Barry Goldwater, 1909-1998, American half-Jewish conservative/idealist. Represented Arizona in the US Senate, 1953-'65, '69-87. Ran for US Pres., 1964, lost huge to Lyndon B. Johnson.
13. Murray Rothbard, 1926-1995, American Jewish economist, philosopher, author. Libertarian theorist.
14. Paul Twitchell, 1909-1971, For introducing a spiritually-hungry, modern world to a spiritual path called ECKANKAR.
15. Robert Nozick, 1938-2002, American Jewish Harvard Professor of Philosophy, Libertarian theorist, author. His 'Anarchy, State And Utopia', 1974, articulated Libertarian philosophy. 
16. Henry Louis Mencken, 1880-1956, The most prominent newspaperman, book reviewer, and political commentator of his day, Henry Louis Mencken was a libertarian before the word came into usage.
17. William Morton Burgess, Jr., 1907-1998, My Dad - For his lifetime of commitment to his family. Love off the chart.

Favorite Rock Tunes: I've now translated my little list below into youtube links. So now you can actually hear my favorite tunes. Enjoy!

Island of Love (The Sheppards, 1959)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBcCvpEWeC8

High Life (Herbie Mann, 1960)
Positively 4th Street (Bob Dylan, 1965)

You're My Everything (Temptations, 1966) - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp05C4q9SsE

I Could Never Love Another (Temptations, 1967)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGvY7tzpfhg

Mercy, Mercy, Mercy (Buckinghams, 1967) - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9YamMiqQ0I

Surf's Up, (Brian Wilson, 1967) - 1967 video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTifX3mpnV4

Revolution (Beatles, 1968) - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IYloD3tyEQ

Walking In Space (Hair, 1968 London stage version)This is NOT the best version. Only last 80 seconds are great. - video from movie Hair.

3-5-0-0 (Hair, 1968 London stage version), cut to 52:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb9oUqQF7pg

The Soft Parade (Doors, 1969)

Love & Peace (Buddy Rich, 1969)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbymJu_ckGA

All God's Children Got Soul (Dorothy Morrison, 1969)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Q61K5aWrw

Me & Bobbie McGee (Janis Joplin, 1970)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXV_QjenbDw

Dead Flowers (Rolling Stones, 1971)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YRdxHHFKvQ

Touch A Hand, Make A Friend (Staple Singers, 1973)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjyvtMqCBZM

Rock Your Baby (George McCrae, 1974)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vIr19aoHQI

That's Where The Happy People Go (Trampps, 1975)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPi0EIZcGsQ

Look Into Your Heart, (Aretha Frankin, 1976, from movie, Sparkle)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jChXkr0J_RY

Don't Play That Song (Aretha Franklin, 1976)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSoXJl2ALUk

The Flesh Failures (Hair, 1979 movie version)

Waiting For A Friend (Rolling Stones, 1981)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKLVmBOOqVU

Dreams (Cranberries, 1990)

Sugar Sugar (Duke Baysee, 1994 reggae version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiprpaHSev0

Stay (Temptations, 1998)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL061rTd8hQ

Most of the CDs of Hair, Pet Sounds, Smile and the entire B side of Abbey Road, where the songs segue into the next. 

Favorite TV Character Actors:

1. Fred/Ethel Mertz - I Love Lucy - William Frawley/Vivian Vance - 1950's.
2. Festus Haggen - Gunsmoke - Ken Curtis - 1964-1975
3. Barney Fife - Andy Griffith Show/Andy of Mayberry - Don Knotts - 1960-65
4. Eddie Haskel - Leave It To Beaver - Ken Osmond - 1957-63
5. Maynard G. Krebs - Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - Bob Denver - 1959-63
6. Ed Norton - Honeymooners - Art Carney - 1955-71
7. Dr. Zachary Smith - Lost In Space - Jonathan Harris - 1965-68
8. Cosmos Kramer - Seinfeld - Michael Richards -1990-98

Honorable Mentions: Several from Andy Griffith Show. 
Gomer Pyle (Jim Nabors), Aunt Bea Taylor (Frances Bavier), Floyd Lawson (Howard McNear), Goober Pyle (George Lindsey), 

also Lumpy Rutherford (Leave It To Beaver) - Frank Bank
Maude (Bea Arthur)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Favorite Classic Baseball Movies:

Listed chronologically, not in order of preference.

1. It Happens Every Spring - 1949 - Ray Milland, professor who discovers wood-repellent substance. Ball jumps around the bat.

2. The Winning Team - 1952 - Ronald Reagan played Pete Alexander.

3. Damn Yankees- 1958 - Ray Walston (My Favorite Martian fame) - Tab Hunter. Gwen Verdon does Bob Fosse choreography (Whatever Lola Wants tango routine). Fosse also made a cameo appearance in dance routine. Music score was outstanding. Tab Hunter plays Joe Hardy, from Hannibal, MO, a transformed old Washington Senator's fan, into a young baseball super hero.

4. The Natural - 1984 - Robert Redford as aging rookie sensation. Glenn Close does nice girl, Barbara Hershey does dark enigma, Kim Basinger is easy on the eyes. 

5. Field of Dreams - 1989 - Kevin Costner gets unique chance to reunite with his Dad.

6. Talent For the Game - 1991 - Edward James Olmos plays a BB scout who finds a great pitching prospect, but must become personally involved.

7. A League of Their Own - 1992 - Geena Davis played composite player, Dottie Hinson. Tom Hanks, Madonna, Lori Petty, Jon Lovitz, Rosie O'Donnell support well.

8. Soul of the Game - 1996 - Delroy Lindo, Mykelti Williamson play HBO film's Satchel Paige/Josh Gibson. Good pathos. Had heart.

9. For Love of the Game - 2000 - Kevin Costner is back in uniform.

10. The Rookie - 2002 - Dennis Quaid plays a HS coach with a 100 mph fastball, giving it one more shot, if his HS team cops league title. Nice heart, good pathos.

Honorable Mentions

Pride of the Yankees - 1942 - Gary Cooper, Babe played himself, as did Bill ****ey, Bob Meusel, and Mark Koenig. 

Babe Ruth (1991) (TV), Stephen Lang played Babe, who was trim, for once. Refreshing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pet Peeves:

1. Price of ink cartridges for my printer are $32. new. Refills kits only last weeks.
2. Price of high-speed connections to the INTERNET. I pay $46./mo. Absurd.
3. ATM's only give out money in $20. denominations. Wish it were $10.
4. Fast Food chains which don't accept credit/debit cards.
5. Friends who always choose the other person, in call-waiting situations.
6. My computer media player won't let me create a queue for my music.
7. TV/movies which make adults appear like dim-witted idiots. Home alone? Married With Children?
8. Anyone who doesn't practice road etiquette/courtesy.
9. Baseball-Fever presently doesn't accept Excel files.
10. Cell-phone users who, when in public, feel it's OK to impose their personal conversations on those around them.
11. Women claim that looks are not primary, and personality comes first. Wish they really meant it, and acted that way.
12. Women with weight issues going on TV, and insisting how 'ghetto-fabulous' they are. And try to dress provocatively! NOT!! Makes me puke.
13. Tabloid TV shows like Jerry Springer, Maury Povich. Trash. Should get dumped like Rickey Lake, Jenny.
14. Judge Judy: Always bragging how smart she is. Judges should be less rude, more modest, less emotional. Like Judge Alex, or Judge Marilyn Milian from People's Court.

Product Placement in TV reality shows. Examples:
1. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (Regis Philbin) - He says, "Our friends at ATT will connect you now."
2. American Idol - Big Coca Cola drinks in front of the judges. And Ryan Seacrest constantly informing us how to use "text messaging".
3. Extreme Makeover Home Edition - Ty Pennington constantly telling us that everything comes from Sears.

These shows feel like one huge infomercial to me. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have forgotten any other Cool Categories that anyone wishes to include, please, be our guests. Suggested possibilities:
Favorite Supreme Court Justices, Favorites Former Soviet Union Presidents, Favorite Popes, Favorite Former Israeli Presidents, Favorite Baseball Commissioners, Favorite American Presidents, Former Miss Americas and American Idol winners? Or The Bachelor/Bachelorette winners? Just to get you started.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
mr. burgess i notice that at one time you worked at the famous n.y.c. club trude heller's. by any chance , did you happen to meet or see any of the local n.y.c bands of that era centered around the village there? meaning the velvet underground, the new york rock ensemble, the silver apples, the fugs, etc.?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I worked at Trude Heller's in 1972, and went there with dates for several years afterwards.

I do not remember those bands you mentioned, but I remember many others.

Margo Lewis Quintet - 5 piece female band. Margo Lewis played huge Hammond organ/keyboards, was beyond fantastic. Tracey Robbins was their totally soulful lead female vocalist. They sang great Staple Singers tunes, i.e. This World, I'm Just Another Soldier, Respect Yourself and Grandma's Hands and a fantastic version of Dorothy Morrison's "All God's Children Got Soul", Janis Joplin's "Me & Bobby McGee". 

Rosebud
New York Central - 5 white kids from Astoria, Queens. 
Gotham - 3 young, male vocalists
Manhattan Transfer - jazz, later got their own TV variety show.
Frankie Paris
Morgan - black vocalist from Paris, France. Played only James Brown, in French.
Monti Rock III
Blossom Dearie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Addendum on my Dad:
My Dad was born in Dec. 24, 1907. He sold shoes in NYC at Macy's in the ladies dept. from 1927-41. He was drafted in '41, stayed in the army until 1962, as Master Sergeant, retired junior warrant officer, and then worked at the General Post Office in NYC from '62 until the 1980's. Somewhere in-between he was a professional ladies' masseur.

When my family says, "You're just like Dad", my heart could burst with pride. Nicest thing they could say to me. Never tell them that, or they'd stop.

When he was in Korea, trying to not get himself killed, he did something rare. Here is his write-up in "Infantry Blue".

223D REGIMENT HAS HIGH RE-UP RECORD

"Though continually subjected to the hardships that make up war, men of the 223d Infantry Regiment in Korea are literally fighting to remain with their unit in the midst of battle, even after their time for rotation to the States comes up.

During the final three months of 1952, according to the regimental commander, Col. Louis W. Truman, Washington, D. C., 47 fighters re-enlisted to remain in combat with the 223d, and 26 of these were for a 6-year period. In addition, 11 draftees voluntarily extended their service tour by 9 months.

Surprising as this is in itself, all the more astonishing is the fact that the unusually high number was reached not as a result of an organized recruiting drive but mainly through the hustle and drive of a pair of battle-scarred warriors.

The men responsible for the re-enlistments are WOJG William M. Burgess Jr., Brooklyn N.Y., and SFC Chester C. Frost, Sacramento, Cal., both of whom are full-time front-line fighters. Between patrols, skirmishes, and defensive maneuvers, when they should be resting, this duo takes it upon its self to have friendly chats with the boys, help solve their problems and give them any aid they can.

Burgess' successful philosophy is "the right man for the right job." He continually strives to get the best for each soldier, and the best out of each soldier, in his unit.

"If the applicant for re-enlistment is eligible for transfer to Japan or another theater," Burgess explains, "we encourage and approve his attempts to better himself in the service. If he wants to stay in Korea for additional promotion, we assist him. We are endeavoring to fit the man's desires to the needs of the Army. Whatever a man's personal life plan or vocation may be, we can use it in the service." (Wednesday, February 25, 1953, Korea edition, Stars and Stripes)

So I am very proud of him. Lost him May 22, 1998, age 90, NYC, but chat with him every day, in here. Thanks for putting up with my hokey sentiments for Dad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Addendum on Dad/Mom:
I want to mumble a few praises to my own Mom/Dad here. Mom's still with us, thank the Lord above. Dad checked out May 22, 1998, and has been doing what he can for us down here ever since, I'm sure.

Dad: Born: Dec. 24, 1907, Magnum, OK. He was an only child. Growing up, his Mom moved around some. Spent some time in Anaheim, CA, and then on to Chicago, IL, where the White Sox/Joe Jackson were his favorites. Black Sox broke his heart. His Mom & him hit NYC by 1927, and stayed put there permanently. He wasn't allowed to attend school, because his mother, a very educated woman, felt the educational system was too socialistic. So she yanked him, and gave him lessons to do at home, while she worked. Of course a male child on his own won't do his lessons. She tried to put him into HS, unprepared, but it was too much. He later tried college on his own, but couldn't cope. He had no background in an accumulative system. So Dad had no education to speak of, but he could read well.

He sold shoes in Macy's in NYC from 1927-42, when he was drafted by Uncle Sam. Did well in the Pacific sector, under MacArthur, and was called back from the reserves to do time in Korea. Once in Korea, he awoke with a rattle snake coiled sleeping on his belly. Had to have the best marksman in the squad shoot the rattler off his belly. Whew!

He stayed in the service until 1961, a Master Sergeant, stationed at Fort Dix, NJ, with 5 kids. Came out of the service and went to work for the Post Office in NYC, and stayed there from 1962-1977. They then told him he had to retire, since 70 was the mandatory retirement age. He sued them, won, and they had to let him keep working there. But for only half-pay! The greedy sons-of-******* told him he was taking too much out of the gov., with his SS, Army pension, military disability. He went along. What else could he do?

So he worked until around mid-80's, and then retired. He told me, "Billy, you can't read the papers, play OTB (off-track betting) and watch TV all day." I remember thinking, "I could."

I believe he was happiest in a bar/tavern, with a goodly sampling of folks his own age, preferably with a piano man playing. He loved singing the old songs in bars. He often bought everyone a round. Dad was English/Irish/Scotch. Couldn't get drunk. No matter how much he drank, and he loved his Seagram's 7/Coke highballs, he never slurred, never got stupid, could walk a perfect line. As they say, he "metabolized alcohol perfectly".

Mom: Born: Feb. 24, 1925, New Orleans, LA. She was 18 years younger than Dad. She was Italian/French/Spanish (Madrid). She was a true beauty. Still is, as a matter of fact. Funny thing was, I once saw a copy of their wedding certificate. Dad lied about his age by around 7 years, Mom lied by around 3 years! Who was kiddin' who?! 

Mom had been raised by her Mom's sisters. She lived in a big estate on The Croton. Two of her relatives were world-famous Ballroom dancers, "Mary Raye and Naldi". Appeared often on the Ed Sullivan show, performed before the crowned heads of Europe, and the most exclusive night clubs. Their big number was a Tango to "Begin the Beguine". So Mom lived with them on their beautiful estate, in Croton-On-the-Hudson.

Anyway, Mom was raised properly, had a beautiful singing voice, but lost a lot of her "polish" after being married to Dad! He never could adjust to marriage. He was 42 and she 24 when they got hitched Oct. 22, 1949. She raised us dutifully, but he didn't enjoy staying home with us. Usually out playing bingo, making excuses, etc. 

Mom did a good job with us, mostly by herself. And she wasn't a strong person, but we made her stronger than she ever knew she could be. So she's my hero, and strangely, Dad is too. He just couldn't make his appropriate adjustments. Mom is happy today, living in Florida with her second husband. Although he's a blowhard in many ways, he did right by her. He's still alive today, aged 90, Mom just turned 80, and he only retired this year from working. And I must respect that a lot. 

So that's about all I wanted to say about that for the time being. You may all come out of your comas now. 

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 5:50 PM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.10.2013 | 1:13 PM ET

Just copy paste my post and then go back and delete all my information and replace it with your own stuff.
Simple?

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

03.10.2013 | 1:15 PM ET

@Bill I was reading your bio on that link and under your favorite MMA fighters...your one and only Jon Fitch isn't listed....

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.10.2013 | 1:23 PM ET

Yeah, that bio was written April 23, 2005, and only edited occasionally.  But I just added Fitch.

Thanks for browsing that long book.  If everyone uses that format, and deletes my crap, their stuff should only be around 25% as long as my opus novel.

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 1:34 PM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.10.2013 | 2:04 PM ET

Suggested Format:

Name, height, weight.
Born: year, where

I Presently reside: 
Education: 
Nationality: 
I came by my MMA passion from: 
Work History: 
Favorite baseball players: 
Favorite movies:
Favorite Rock Acts:
Favorite Rock CD's: 
Favorite "Greatest Hits" Collections:
Favorite Rock Geniuses:
Favorite Rock Voices:
Favorite Rock Guitarists: 
Favorite Rock Drummers: 
Music I Don't Care For:  
Music I'm predisposed to Like: 
Favorite Classical Music: 
Greatest Athletes of 20th Century:
Favorite Basketball Players:
Favorite Football Runners: (Half-Backs/Full-Backs)
Favorite Movie Directors: 
Favorite Actors:
Favorite Actresses:
Favorite Books: 
Favorite Sports Books:
Those I Admire Most: 
My Most Admired Americans:
Favorite Mixed Martial Artists of the Ultimate Fighting Championships: UFC
Technically Best-Made Movies: 
Favorite Cool Stuff: 
Hobbies:
Favorite Foods: 
Favorite Comfort Junk Food from Childhood: 
Favorite Colognes:
Favorite Rock Tunes: Might be cool to list your favorites as 'youtube' links!
Favorite TV Shows:
Least Favorite TV Shows: 
Favorite Comedy Stuff: 
Least Favorite Comedy Stuff: 
Least Favorite People:  
Favorite TV Characters: 
I hope tapology members see me as . . .:
Pet Peeves: 
Brief Notes on Dad: Was your Dad your hero?
Brief Notes on Mom: Was your Mom a saint?
Photos of yourself.
Your Facebook/MySpace/Twitter links 

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 2:06 PM ET *

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

03.10.2013 | 2:21 PM ET

@Bill... Did you ever marry or have any children?

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.10.2013 | 2:48 PM ET

I was married once.  No kids.  Lived with another woman later.  All her fault we didn't make it.  Know what I mean?

No kids.  The world wouldn't have been ready.  Still aren't ready for me.

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 2:48 PM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.10.2013 | 2:51 PM ET

Kalibo.  Why not take a shot at my Suggested Format.  Take the plunge.  Show everyone it can work.
Show the world who you are!  You in?

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,124  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.10.2013 | 4:03 PM ET

I'll do it Bill...

Name, height, weight - Tyler, 6'3, 265

Born: California, I'm 22 yo.

I Presently reside: Cali

Education: HS Diploma...maybe some more in the future

Nationality: White (German/Irish/French)

I came by my MMA passion from: Used to watch the early ones 1-10 with my dad when I was a young kid, got back into it around Chuck/Rampage 2

Work History: Just at a cable company

Favorite baseball players: Torii Hunter, Miguel Tejada, Ricky Henderson, Eric Byrnes..

Favorite movies: Snatch, Memento, BTTF, The Shining, Stir Crazy, Phantom of the Paradise, Grandma's Boy..

Favorite Rock Acts: Pink Floyd, Thin Lizzy, ELO, Black Sabbath, Frank Zappa

Favorite Rock CD's: Animals - Pink Floyd, Who's Next - The Who, Sabotage - Black Sabbath

Favorite "Greatest Hits" Collections: Al Green, Blink 182, Led Zeppelin, Tupac...

Favorite Rock Geniuses: Roger Waters, Pete Townshend, Alice Cooper, John Lennon...

Favorite Rock Voices: Geddy Lee, Roger Daltrey, Ozzy, Bon Scott..

Favorite Rock Guitarists: David Gilmore, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eddie Hazel...

Favorite Rock Drummers: Neil Peart, John Bonham, KEITH MOON

Music I Don't Care For:  Pop Country, Pop...other than that I can get into anything

Music I'm predisposed to Like: Classic Rock and Rap

Favorite Classical Music: I enjoy it sometimes, don't have a specific

Greatest Athletes of 20th Century: Ali, Michael Jordan, Walter Payton, Bo Jackson...

Favorite Basketball Players: Tracy McGrady, Josh Smith, Jerry West, Pistol Pete, Darryl Dawkins, Larry Legend..

Favorite Football Runners: (Half-Backs/Full-Backs) Clinton Portis, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson..

Favorite Movie Directors: Stanley Kubrick, Robert Zemeckis, Quentin Tarantino, Guy Ritchie...

Favorite Actors: Jack Nicholson, DDL, Michael Keaton, Gerrit Graham, Robert Pryor, Gene Wilder..

Favorite Actresses: Honestly don't really care...

Favorite Books: Interview with the Vampire, The Shining, Chris Jericho : A Lion's Tale...

Those I Admire Most: People who are themselves and don't change for ****.

My Most Admired Americans: Jim Norton, Louis CK, Patrice Oneal, Dana White, Joe Rogan, Joey Diaz, JFK, RFK..

Favorite Mixed Martial Artists of the Ultimate Fighting Championships: Nick Diaz, Mike Swick, Joe Lauzon, Michael Bisping, Chael P. Sonnen..

Technically Best-Made Movies: THE SHINING

Favorite Cool Stuff: XBOX 360, Tapology, *******...

Hobbies: Video Games, Hangin' with my homies, sacrificing the sacred plant to the fire Gods...

Favorite Foods: Burgers, Panda Express, any type of BBQ

Favorite Comfort Junk Food from Childhood: Hot Cheetos, Starburst, Oatmeal Creme Pies..

Favorite Rock Tunes: ....

Favorite TV Shows: Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Hell On Wheels, American Pickers, American Horror Story...(Sportscenter, NBA TV, other sports)

Least Favorite TV Shows: Big Bang Theory, Judge Judy, any VH1/MTV awful realities..

Favorite Comedy Stuff: Opie and Anthony, Patrice Oneal, George Carlin, Pryor, Louis CK, Billy Burr..

Least Favorite Comedy Stuff: Jeselnik, Whitney Cummings, Chelsea Handler, any of that trying to be smart hipster horse****.

Least Favorite People: Judge Judy, LeBron James, the entire Government.

Favorite TV Characters: Walter White, Jesse Pinkman, Darryl Dixon, Detective. Holder, Fox Mulder, Dana Scully..

I hope Tapology members see me as . . . However they want, just know I kept it 3HUNNA

Pet Peeves: People who try to act smart but aren't, dumb people, people that get offended at jokes, people behind censorship, also just irrational people.

Brief Notes on Dad: Reason I am so awesome

Brief Notes on Mom: Reason I'm also a nice/sensitive guy

Your Facebook/MySpace/Twitter links - https://twitter.com/TylerNorCal

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 6:43 PM ET *

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.10.2013 | 4:17 PM ET

Wow, Swick!  You're awesome!  I would never have guessed in a million years that you liked those things.  You did exactly as I was hoping.  Lots of info, you deleted my crap, and ignored the stuff you didn't care about.

Perfect!  A 10!

I hope your boldness encourages the others to sign in and take the plunge.  Takes a few minutes but everyone will then know who you are, instead of just guessing and assuming.  You waited until half-way before you went 3HUNNA!  Cool!

Now how about  legacyofmisfortune, buffalo ben, Master Spanky, xxTank0019xx, Jaydoo1777, desauce, MQuestionalbe, cal1, MadMikeXD, RockZ, gunn4206, p4pgoat, wake99,  BodyModifier, Blackwork, WishIsHere, Dakej, StealingFire, hitcher, Kalibo, Russello, Live2wrestle, geezhound, soccerKick, kallousklown, AnAlias, skeliher, SonnensSyringe, yossgold, wilflet, itfigures, JudoRandori, zarog, jaykool777 and all my other allies!!!
Take the plunge!

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 4:23 PM ET *

Swickotine
Swickotine

03.10.2013 | 4:28 PM ET

I ain't scurred, anyone that attempts to go against me...just reference back to my bio and study hard, only to realize you could never see me. 

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.10.2013 | 4:29 PM ET

Xbox,TMac,and hating the Big Bang Theory.

Swickotine
Swickotine

03.10.2013 | 4:33 PM ET

@MadMike High-Five!

I really can't watch Big-Bang Theory for more than 10 seconds without my head tingling from ******-chills...

and also T-Mac is my favorite player of All-Time...any era.

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 4:34 PM ET *

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.10.2013 | 4:41 PM ET

That show makes my eyes water.Its so terrible.

T-Mac has been and always will be my all time favorite NBA player.

Swickotine
Swickotine

03.10.2013 | 4:42 PM ET

THE SINGLE GREATEST CLUTCH-PERFORMANCE IN NBA HISTORY! 

Goosebumps every single time.

Swickotine
Swickotine

03.10.2013 | 4:43 PM ET

Goddamnit Mike....hahahahahahahaha

Swickotine
Swickotine

03.10.2013 | 4:44 PM ET

IT DESERVES 2 POSTS!

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.10.2013 | 4:48 PM ET

Haha.It deserves all the posts.

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 4:49 PM ET *

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

03.10.2013 | 5:05 PM ET

Ah what the hell I dont have anything better to do right now

Name, height, weight: Dakota, 6'3 or 6'4 (havent measured myself in a long while), 175
Born: '94
I Presently reside: Illinois
Education: High school diploma, currently in my second semester of college
Nationality: White 
I came by my MMA passion from: Well I have wrestled pretty much my whole life so thats what help me appreciate MMA. I learned about MMA through meeting Matt Hughes at a wrestling tournament.
Work History: Masonry and office ****
Favorite baseball players: Omar Vizquel, Ken Griffey Jr, Buster Posey, Vladimir Guerrero, Jim Edmonds, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Barry Zito, Brian Wilson and many many more
Favorite movies: Donnie Darko, Pulp Fiction, 3:10 to Yuma, Tombstone, Fight Club, Gran Torino, Sin City, and a ton more
Favorite "Greatest Hits" Collections: Al Green, The Temptations, The Offspring (haters gonna hate), I cant really recall many specific greatest hits albums.
Favorite Rock Guitarists: Stevie Ray Vaughan
Music I Don't Care For:  I will try pretty much anything and there's something in nearly every genre that I like but Im not really big into metal in general.
Music I'm predisposed to Like: Hiphop, classic rock, soul
Favorite Classical Music: I listen to it every once in awhile but dont really have specific favorites
Greatest Athletes of 20th Century: Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson, Barry Bonds
Favorite Basketball Players: Jordan, Mutombo, Barkley,Pippen, old school all day. NBA nowadays blows
Favorite Football Runners: (Half-Backs/Full-Backs): Marshall Faulk, that is all
Favorite Movie Directors: Zemeckis, Tarantino, Kubrick
Favorite Actors: De Niro, Pacino, Freeman, Crowe, Eastwood, Bale
Favorite Actresses: Portman
Favorite Books: Atlas Shrugged. Drawing blanks, gonna be honest and say that I mostly read comics and **** anymore
Favorite Mixed Martial Artists of the Ultimate Fighting Championships: Currently: Nick Diaz, Mark Hunt, Shogun, Mousasi, Lil Nog, Jacare, Yves Edwards, 
Hobbies: Sports, Video Games
Favorite Foods: Meat, sugary things
Favorite Comfort Junk Food from Childhood: Cookies, Snickers, those candy cigarette things, Twix, Kit Kats, Kool Aid (not a food but still junk)
Favorite TV Shows: Community, Beavis & Butthead, Scrubs, Prison Break, The Boondocks
Least Favorite TV Shows: Most of today's comedies, and I agree with the previous guys, **** Big Bang Theory
Least Favorite People: Uptight ****s, people that cant take a joke/ people that take life too seriously
Favorite TV Characters: Troy Barnes, Abed Nadir, Riley Freeman, Uncle Ruckus, Beavis/Butthead
I hope tapology members see me as . . .: I dont really care how they see me

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 5:18 PM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Swickotine
Swickotine

03.10.2013 | 5:09 PM ET

^ Offspring rules, as does Mutumbo and The Boondocks. Good list, that's why we get along great.

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville announced with 13 fights already booked for the card
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303