Topic: Off Topic

The Culture of Tapology

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.09.2013 | 2:42 AM ET

This MMA community has many non-MMA threads already.  Music, Jokes, baseball, football, etc.

So, I thought it might serve a purpose to create a thread for all the other contributions to each other's lives that don't fit anywhere else.

Do you have something that would enrich the community culturally?  Maybe dance, comedy, nutritional, inspirational, arresting visuals?  But please let's keep this positive, and appropriate to the general public.

Maybe a video clip of a movie, broadway show, highly unusual, utterly creative, a cutting edge piece of information, a new computer application, or something that would make someone's life better or richer.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses Page 5

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

03.10.2013 | 5:29 PM ET

Mutombo would shot block god

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

03.10.2013 | 5:32 PM ET

and then give him the finger, if you know what i mean

"3HUNNA"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,124  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.10.2013 | 5:32 PM ET

@Live Did you see that Adidas is re-releasing the Mutombo's later this year? Let me find a pic of them...******* too sick.

'One of adidas' most sought after silhouettes is making a return this year. After a near two decade hiatus Dikembe Mutombo's signature shoe will hit retail stores in its OG makeup in addition to a few retro+ styles. Expected as a fall/winter release the sneaker is quickly one of our most anticipated models of the year. Take a look at the early shots of the retro design and let us know if you have them on your radar.'

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.10.2013 | 5:35 PM ET

Swick you better have owned these

I had multiple pairs of T-Macs.I am pretty big fanboy.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.10.2013 | 5:36 PM ET

@live2wrestle  Great!  Loving it!  I had no idea you were so young! 19 yet post like a salty old sea dog.  Amazing.  Too bad you were too young to appreciate the first pro Olympic Basketball Dream Team.  

I know nothing about the game, but was put into sharp awareness I was witnessing greatness.  Jordan was the god of the court in the day and his finesse made me a lifelong fan of his, despite my not knowing what the hell he was doing really.

You sound like a black kid in white skin, if that doesn't offend you.

Thanks for participating in my little experiment.  Would be a kick if Anik took part but he's still hating me.  

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.10.2013 | 5:37 PM ET

Also, in my bio, most of the song links were broken so I went back in and repaired them, so everyone could enjoy them.

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.10.2013 | 5:38 PM ET

When it comes to sneakers these classics will always be one of my favorites.

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 5:38 PM ET *

Swickotine
Swickotine

03.10.2013 | 5:39 PM ET

@Mike I had 'em all buddy, my personal favorites...

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.10.2013 | 5:43 PM ET

Dang...Now I'm gonna have to go waste all my money on shoes.I haven't worn basketball shoes since high school.
Swickotine
Swickotine

03.10.2013 | 5:45 PM ET

I also had these jerseys...

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.10.2013 | 5:56 PM ET

I have never even seen the all black jersey,That is amazing.I'm almost teary eyed thinking about how much I worshiped him haha.I had my fair share of Jerseys/Shirts/Shoes/Video games relating to McGrady.

THESE!!!:

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 5:56 PM ET *

Swickotine
Swickotine

03.10.2013 | 6:00 PM ET

Yeah the all-black was my favorite, let's not hijack this thread though haha...I sent you a comment on your page.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.10.2013 | 6:05 PM ET

When I created this thread, I had no idea what to expect.  Was dreaming of classical music, classic light rock, literature, opera, ballet, poetry, great vintage photos of NYC or London or Paris, some classic baseball videos of old World Series or Olympic finals, etc., etc., etc.

But we get what we get.  But guess what?  I'm still loving and digging the stuff you guys are doing.  Sneakers, basketball videos are still very cool, as are the jerseys.  

When I was a HS runner, I wore addidas shoes.  Also Tigers were a cool niche company.  Wish I still had some of my old running photos.

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.10.2013 | 6:12 PM ET

Yeah I can get a little carried away when T-Mac gets mentioned lol.
On another subject:

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

03.10.2013 | 6:13 PM ET

I got your baseball right here. Possibly the best player ever

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

03.10.2013 | 6:14 PM ET

Swickotine
Swickotine

03.10.2013 | 6:15 PM ET

Just one more from the sneaker side, check out these beauties...

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

03.10.2013 | 6:25 PM ET

Ok, @Bill.  I will give it a shot for ya :)

• Name, height, weight:  Dan - 5'7" - 155lbs.
  • Born:  1980 in N. Virginia (Alexandria).
  • I Presently reside:  Lancaster, PA.
    Education:  I went to College at Mary Washington Univerisity in Fredericksburg, VA.
    Nationality:  I am a mut - Native American, Italian, Irish, English... and much more.
    I came by my MMA passion from:  My father was big into Boxing and early MMA.
    Work History:  Hotels, Movie Theatre, Retail as a teen - I now work for the railroad as a career (over 12 yrs).
    Favorite baseball players:  As a kid, Ken Griffey Jr & Ricky Henderson.
    Favorite movies:  Willow, Heat, any older action flicks and many Romantic Comedies (yes).
    Favorite Rock Acts:  Iron Maiden (some say rock, others metal.. I say who cares).
    Favorite Rock CD's:  Pink Floyd. 
    Favorite "Greatest Hits" Collections:  Not real sure on this one, I'd have to really think.
    Favorite Rock Geniuses:  Jimmy H, Van Halen, Bob Dylan.
    Favorite Rock Voices:  Axel Rose.
    Favorite Rock Guitarists:  Slash.
    Favorite Rock Drummers:  Rick Allen.
    Music I Don't Care For:   Country that sings about low rent stuff.  I like other country though.
    Music I'm predisposed to Like:  Everything else... really.
    Favorite Classical Music:  The Four Seasons (Everyone knows this, but prob doesn't know its classical).
    Greatest Athletes of 20th Century:  Jim Brown/Bo Jackson (just watched Sports Science - lol).
    Favorite Basketball Players:  The Mail Man & Magic.
    Favorite Football Runners: (Half-Backs/Full-Backs):  Barry Sanders.
    Favorite Movie Directors:  Kubrick/Scorsese.
    Favorite Actors:  Ed Norton, Ryan Reynolds, Robert De Niro.
    Favorite Actresses:  Any actress that can make you fall in love w/ her while watching.
    Favorite Books:  As a kid, The Hardy Boys. 
    Favorite Sports Books:  Haven't read too many Sports Books.
    Those I Admire Most: Those enveloped with passion.
    My Most Admired Americans:  Another one I'd really have to think about.
    Favorite Mixed Martial Artists of the Ultimate Fighting Championships: Rich Franklin.
    Technically Best-Made Movies:  Anything by G. Lucas.
    Favorite Cool Stuff:  My sports memorabilia.
    Hobbies:  My hobbies have dwindled since having a family.  Not much "me" time anymore.
    Favorite Foods:  Italian & Seafood.
    Favorite Comfort Junk Food from Childhood:  I loved steak as a child.
    Favorite Colognes:  In HS, I loved Gravity..lol.  Now, w/e my wife decides (I use UR right now).
    Favorite Rock Tunes:  See the band names above.
    Favorite TV Shows:  Duck Dynasty, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Auction Hunters.
    Least Favorite TV Shows:  Anything w/ Oprah.
    Favorite Comedy Stuff:  Blue Collar Comedy, Bill Cosby, Carlin.
    Least Favorite Comedy Stuff:  Too much vulgarity in trying to be funny.
    Least Favorite People:   Too negative to mention :)
    Favorite TV Characters:  Archie Bunker.
    I hope tapology members see me as:  Fair.
    Pet Peeves:  Incompetence.
    Brief Notes on Dad: Hmm.. lets just say I respect the man.
    Brief Notes on Mom: My mom is a great person.
    Photos of yourself: Not sure if I should post pictures of myself?  Whoever reads this and reads this far down, post if you think I should or not...lol.
    Your Facebook/MySpace/Twitter links: I do not have ANY social media.. can't stand it really.

I'm 32 years old btw.

That's a very small, brief look at me, Dan the Man, Tapology Mod, Father, Husband and awesome dude :)

The edits were me trying to fix all the "bold" that should not have been "bolded".

* Edited at 03.10.2013, 6:36 PM ET *

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Blackwork
    Blackwork
    • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
    • Forum Posts:  900
    • Post Score: 162

03.10.2013 | 6:34 PM ET

Too much personal info. Some y'all gonna be on CNN. 

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

Blackwork
    Blackwork
    • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
    • Forum Posts:  900
    • Post Score: 162

03.10.2013 | 6:38 PM ET

Yea, down arrow me until some anonymous psychopath tries Dahmer'ing your sphincter. Good luck with that.

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
    • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
    • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
    • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
    • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
    • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
    • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
    • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
    • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
    • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
    • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
    • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
    • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
    • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
    • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
    • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
    • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
    • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
    • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
    • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’