Topic: Vitor Belfort

Vitor has hypogonadism

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,848  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

02.09.2013 | 9:13 AM ET

http://www.tatame.com.br/medico-explica-liberacao-de-belfort-para-usar-testosterona-no-ufc-sp/

its not in english.

Steroids + abuse = hypogonadism

terrible 

Here at the UFC its ok to abuse steroids.once youre tired of cycling we can provide you with some TRT

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Vítor Vieira Belfort
  • Pro MMA Record: 26-14-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Phenom
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: May 12, 2018 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Independent
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 74.0" (188cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $2,010,000 USD
  • Born: Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Boca Raton, Florida
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.09.2013 | 9:26 AM ET

I almost never agree with anything you say JM, but I will say I agree with you here. Vitor to me has been abusing steroids and things like steriods for most of his career. I think there are few fighters who have abused them to the same level as vitor, and off the top of my head I would put Overreem on that list.

"here I come to save the day"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

02.09.2013 | 11:51 AM ET

Overgonadism?  Sounds like he's just too horny. (joke)

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

02.09.2013 | 12:12 PM ET

My quick translation:
- They talked to a doctor from Brazil MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA);
- He said for this event they just followed what the Nevada Commission had decided about Vitor;
- He says its not doping because he is just getting back to normal;
- Also, that MMA is ahead of other sports in hormone replacement;
- At the end, he says Vitor's past use of steroids cant be changed and all they know is that he needs TRT.
curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

02.09.2013 | 12:27 PM ET

I used to think that TRT was good for those who needed it ,but its becoming like weed in California where all you need is a sc****d knee and a shady doctor will prescribe it for you . Heres the list of TRT users that i could find

Frank Mir  (33)
Dan Henderson  (42)
Rampage   (34)
Dennis Hallman  (37)
Shane Roller   (33)
Nate Marquardt    (33)
Vitor    (35)
Chael   (35)

Everyone is over  33 . If this was to treat some ailment you would think there would be a wide spectrum of ages using it. Its kind of funny how both Marquardt and Roller decided they don't need it any more. Its become quite obvious that they are using it to help their old bodies recover which is the same thing people use steroids for. This is going to become an epidemic where everyone that gets to the end of their careers will find some shady doctor to prescribe this for them.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

02.09.2013 | 12:29 PM ET

Nice assumption Franklin. Do you have proof of your claims? Vitor has 1 failed drug test but that does not mean he's abused them.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

HitmanDK
HitmanDK
  • Predictions:  889  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  146
  • Post Score: 132

02.09.2013 | 3:07 PM ET

"Here at the UFC its ok to abuse steroids.once youre tired of cycling we can provide you with some TRT"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not the UFC that provides them with TRT. The commission gives them permission and their doctor provides it. Obviously the UFC seems to be kind of turning a blind eye to it, but I just didn't think that statement was fair.

"They are welcome to boo me but they have to pay for the privilege."

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.09.2013 | 9:04 PM ET

Yeah it's not entirely the UFC's fault, but if they're turning a blind eye to it when they have the power to stop it, I think it's still fair to put some of the blame on them.  Actually even most of the blame seeing as other sporting organizations don't allow it even if the state athletic commission says it's okay.  TRT is doctors prescribing anabolic steroids to patients.  It really is that black and white, believe it or not.  It's when they're athletes that it becomes a major problem.

Anyway as for Vitor, it really is total ******** that he's being prescribed these anabolic steroids because he has a condition caused from steroid abuse, which he has absolutely done in the past.

*Actually saying the UFC will PROVIDE the TRT, yeah that's a bit much.  Heh.  However I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC did help with doctors and medical expenses, etc.  If they do, then you could be saying they help provide the TRT.

* Edited at 02.09.2013, 9:06 PM ET *

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

02.10.2013 | 3:07 AM ET

Doping, TRT, Steroids, Red Blood Cell replacement therapy, it's all the same thing no matter which way you look at it. It's doing something unnatural to your body in order to obtain an advantage in athletic competition. Something that has been an epidemic in professional, collegiate, olympic, and amateur sports since the late 70's early 80's. No matter what the excuse, it's still wrong, and any athlete that uses any of these methods is destroying their bodies and the sport they compete in for what? A belt, a trophy, a piece of paper, money, fame, whatever the reason.............is it really worth it? And for that matter, when this life is all said and done, does it really mean anything? For the athletes that compete at the highest level, and do it honestly, I take my hat off to you. For the others, you dishonor yourself, your family, and the sport you represent.

* Edited at 02.10.2013, 3:08 AM ET *

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,848  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

02.10.2013 | 3:09 AM ET

jaykool777

Right on, right on

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

bruce leroy glow
bruce leroy glow
  • Predictions:  1,296  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  234
  • Post Score: 72

02.10.2013 | 3:24 AM ET

if you need TRT to fight in mma you need to retire and why should vitor be able to use TRT if he has been useing Steroids in the past.

"He hit me with some ****** hadouken or some ****, that little ******. nick diaz

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Bianca Basilio Puts Opponent To Sleep In 35 Seconds At ONE Fight Night 22
  • Bad Left Hook : Canelo vs Munguia: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 odds: Opening and closing betting line movements
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Results: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: CEAST AND DESIST!
  • MMA Junkie : Artur Beterbiev vs. Dmitry Bivol postponed due to injury
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Welcomes Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Accepts Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville, Ky.
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Video! Oliveira Cradles Teammate During Terrifying Weight Cut
  • UFC.com : Drakkar Klose Is Tuning Out The Noise
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighters talk favorite Jose Aldo memories ahead of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Beterbiev vs Bivol postponed due to injury, rest of card goes on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Paul Craig: Caio Borralho in Rio not favorable, but 'we have built our career in the UFC over upsets'
  • UFC.com : The Most Dangerous Vinc Pichel
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Promises To ‘Knock McGregor Out Bad’
  • MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition