Topic: Mark Hominick

Hominick can get another shot with 2 wins

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

05.05.2011 | 7:45 PM ET

It was a great fight and nobody is talking about what should be next for Mark Hominick. Who should he take on? Manny Gamburyan would be interesting, or maybe a rematch with Josh Grispi.

http://mm-eh.ca/?p=401#more-401

Hominick said that UFC president Dana White and matchmaker Joe Silva were thrilled with his performance, and told him that they want him back as soon as he’s healthy — two more wins and he’ll get another crack at the title.

“They were definitely pleased at the performance and I proved a lot of people wrong — I wasn’t supposed to get out of the first round with Jose and I almost finished him in the fifth.”

Hominick’s trainer Shawn Tompkins commented to MM-eh via text message.

“He’s ready for a rematch and so am I…tomorrow if possible.  Everybody in between — you are our target, we will finish you quick.”

For now, Hominick is back home getting some rest and spending time with his wife, who is due to have the couple’s first child, a daughter, any day now.

Of course the question that everyone wants to know is what happened with the hematoma?

“It looked a lot worse than it was and once I got some ice on it after the fight it went right down.”  He added, “I definitely look a lot worse than I am, just a little colour and a little swelling — I’m all right.”

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

Mark "The Machine" Hominick

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Name: Mark Hominick
  • Pro MMA Record: 20-12-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Machine
  • Current Streak: 4 Losses
  • Last Fight: November 17, 2012 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Featherweight | Last Weigh-In: 145.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Adrenaline MMA Training & Fitness
  • Height: 5'8" (173cm) | Reach: 68.5" (174cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $253,000 USD
  • Born: Thamesford, Ontario, Canada
  • Fighting out of: London, Ontario
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

05.05.2011 | 7:47 PM ET

For some reason I don't think Hominick will get another title shot, I think he'll lose against some of the up and coming FW's and UFC fighters dropping down. He's solid and has a shot against anyone but I think this was his shot.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.05.2011 | 7:51 PM ET

i agree sadly.....but never know what match ups he gets in his next two fights.....i would love to see hominick vs koch,i think that would be pretty sick!

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.05.2011 | 7:59 PM ET

Hominick just needs to keep getting a hematoma in each of his fights and he'll be imbuled with super strength and win easily.

(comes back to reality) *ahem* I would have given Hominick a rematch but so be it. Who are the major contenders and up-and-comers in the Featherweight Diversion?

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.05.2011 | 8:15 PM ET

hmmm......koch,grispi,poirier...ahm mendes? hmmm.....thats all i think of on the spot...im sure ive missed alot

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.05.2011 | 8:18 PM ET

A Grispi rematch would definitely be interesting. Grispi lives right by me and I honestly thought he was going to take the title from Aldo, but alas, things in MMA rarely go as we think they will. Would be interesting to see if Grispi could just out-gun him again.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406

05.05.2011 | 8:29 PM ET

Solid FW's: Mendes, Koch, Poirier, Tyson Griffin, Florian, Nunes, Omigawa, Zhang, Garza, Grispi, Zombie, Yahya, and Hioki if he ever comes to the UFC.

Now, Hominick could get two wins and be back but I just have a gut feeling this was the only shot he'll get.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.05.2011 | 8:48 PM ET

Most of those guys already have bouts scheduled soon. I would have liked to see Kenny Florian as his next oppenent as that would have been a good gauge to see where Hominick stands.

Out of Zhang Tie Quan, Pablo Garza, Jung Chan-Sung and Rani Yahya (though the last one is injuired at the moment). Pablo Garza seems to make the most sense. Though a match with Zhang Tie Quan would be the most entertaining :D

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800

05.05.2011 | 9:34 PM ET

What about Joe Daddy?  He could could become a force, unlikely, but it could happen.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

05.06.2011 | 3:44 AM ET

I love Hominick, and that was a great fight. No complaints of seeing a rematch in the near future. First fight back should be the Zombie, if he wins that Ken Flo?

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

05.06.2011 | 9:50 AM ET

I dont think wel see a rematch and its not because I dont think Hominick will win his next 2 fights ... But I think Mendes dethrones Aldo :D

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800

05.06.2011 | 10:13 AM ET

I think Aldo beats Mendes, but I don't think there will be a re-match either.  I think Hominick loses if they match him up with Florian.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Accepts Mac’s Challenge: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja: UFC 301 a 'watershed moment' for flyweights
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo reacts to free agency, possibly skipping line to fight Sean O’Malley after UFC 301 win
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tells Jake Paul ‘I would quit boxing’ if steroid accusations are true
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 post-event facts: Michel Pereira joins elite company with eighth straight octagon win
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'
  • Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’
  • MMA Mania : Video: O’Malley Vs. Dvalishvili Booked?
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Shore's coach calls foul on shin cut stoppage at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let Fighters Fight!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones reveals ‘I have a date’ for UFC return, verbal agreement in place
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 teaser video: Shadowy Conor McGregor paces during 'Foggy Dew'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch insane knockout punch leave fighter flat on the canvas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Conor McGregor’s return teased in spine-tingling promo ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3