Topic: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

St. Pierre vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,768  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,644
  • Post Score: 60

12.13.2012 | 8:19 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 38

2 Nyce
2 Nyce
  • Predictions:  19,158  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,852
  • Post Score: 214

03.17.2013 | 8:53 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

Exactly 
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,570
  • Post Score: 275

03.17.2013 | 8:57 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Easy on the insults.

"I live, I die, I live again."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

03.17.2013 | 8:59 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Sorry, he just genuinely doesn't appear to be able to read in context. I'm just trying to help him.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 4 weeks, 17 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

03.17.2013 | 9:01 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

Meh delete my post all you want, but i didnt insult anybody. I said you sound like an idiot. Far from an insult. Anybody that defends a punch after the bell is clearly a few carrots short of a salad.

"3HUNNA"

Gregory
Gregory

03.17.2013 | 9:05 PM ET

You're still insulting him... no choice but to break this up using the p-box.

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

Yeah, calling a fighter ghetto trash on a site that supposedly suspends and bans people for fighting bashing. You didn't insult anyone though. I wasn't even calling YOU anything. My post was directed at you but the "ghetto trash" part was directed at rappers and LeBron. I don't know you at all, not going to pretend to by making an ignorant statement like that. You can continue to do it about fighters all you want. You still can't read by the way. I said in my third or second post about it that it was juvenile. I agreed with p4p about that, but it didn't land so I feel the consequences were fitting for the crime of feinting a strike. If you're still confused let me know and I'll open MS paint and try to craft some kind of a picture for you explaining what I'm attempting to say.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 4 weeks, 17 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,885  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,624
  • Post Score: -69

i didnt know GSP got his nickname for the reason given in his Twiki

thats funny

* Edited at 03.17.2013, 9:08 PM ET *

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

GSP chose to fight Nick after Nick was suspended a year, which like it or not gave GSP a huge advantage.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Gregory
Gregory

03.17.2013 | 9:06 PM ET

We allow the rules to be bent but when we show up and say stop, you need to stop.

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,885  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,624
  • Post Score: -69

03.17.2013 | 9:08 PM ET

i swear greg, if you talking to me man.....

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Gregory
Gregory

03.17.2013 | 9:13 PM ET

I'm not talking to you JM but I can easily do that if you get all weird.

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

03.17.2013 | 9:43 PM ET

I know this isn't going to matter, but I have no issue with Trae. We don't agree on everything but he's a good member of the site and I wasn't trying to pull him into a flame war that caused him to get suspended. My apologies.
TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

03.17.2013 | 10:05 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

All good bro, i needed an hour to compose myself lol you still my kneegrow!

"3HUNNA"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

03.17.2013 | 10:07 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

hey man, welcome back

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

03.17.2013 | 10:10 PM ET

Hug it out bro
TAMANinja
TAMANinja
  • Predictions:  2,226  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  597
  • Post Score: 303

03.18.2013 | 9:54 AM ET

@Bill

"GSP will turn 32 on May 19, 1981.  That makes him a Taurus and naturally cautious."

That will also make him 64 on May 19, 2013 and the best 60+ champion ever.

Sorry had to jump on that
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.18.2013 | 4:07 PM ET

Oops.  I sometimes type at a million miles an hour and make mistakes.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Yeah, Nick threw an empty swing, which didn't matter and it didn't upset me or piss me off.  It was bush-league, juvenile, rookie, BS, infantile posturing.  

Nate was raised with the same disadvantages as probably dozens of other MMA fighters.  Lots of fighters are brought up by broke parents.  Nate never misses his PR obligations or press conferences.  Nate doesn't feel the need to hype his fights or goals with as extreme trash talk as his older brother.

Nick trains at the same school as Nate, Jake Shields, Gilbert Melendez and they never blame or complain that their training partners aren't good enough.  I'm surprised that Cesar Gracie let that pass without comment.  Put the school in a bad light.

And what man in his right mind tells the world he's never paid any income taxes on national TV???  Is that the most immature, ill-considered remark you ever heard in your whole life???!!!  I was shocked by that one!  He will live to regret THAT ONE!  The IRS might give him a year's time-out there.  Late fees and penalties and interest?  Oh boy.

I'd like to see Nick fight Koscheck next.  Or Kampmann.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.18.2013 | 5:49 PM ET

Looking back on this fight, several things are becoming more clear.  Those who like Nick are not just liking Nick, but what Nick represents.  

To some fans, Nick represents brutal honesty, transparency, and all things that are real and not fake.
Fine.  I'll buy that.  But there are some things to be said if that is accurate.

Nick is honest all right.  He'll tell you just what he thinks and not pretty it up for you.  To hear that kind of honesty, one normally has to visit a ghetto, or a prison.  There, you'll get that level of brutal truth.  No one will pretend to spare your feelings, too.  You will be spared all polish, professionalism and diplomacy.

I think Nick has a lot of self-hatred for all the things he was.  He is jealous of everything GSP represents to him. Success, affluence, sports glory and acknowledgment and prestige.

NIck wants desperately to enjoy all the trappings of success.  The culture of success.  The world GSP lives in.  He only mocks the trappings GSP enjoys because he doesn't have them!  Class-envy.  Success-envy!

If he wants what GSP has, he needs to win the highest level of MMA success just like GSP had to.  Then, all the good things will come to him, just as they came to GSP once upon a time.

GSP wasn't born with the title.  He came from low on the ladder and had to work his way up the old-fashioned way.  Plain hard work.

Nick disparages the trappings of success GSP has earned, and he exudes class-envy in his every sentence.  He wants those trappings of success deep in his soul.  He would love to be pampered and have someone to hand him his water bottle and powder his nose.  He would love to drive the best cars, live in a great house, in a great neighborhood.  He would love to be surrounded by people who didn't talk like inmates, who gave him respect and encouraged him at every turn.  The mean streets of Stockton are not peopled exclusively by those who encourage one at every turn, and ooze respect out of every pore.

If he wants what GSP has, he must accomplish what GSP has.  There are no shortcuts.  None.  Just ask Condit, Hendricks, Fitch, MacDonald, and all the others who want what GSP has.

* Edited at 03.18.2013, 8:10 PM ET *

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

03.18.2013 | 6:00 PM ET

@bill I think that is the best thing you have ever posted on Tapology

"Is reality really realistic?"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.18.2013 | 8:12 PM ET

Thanks, justy.  I appreciate your support.

Page 38

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘Ecstatic And Delighted’ By Khabib’s Unpaid Taxes Report
  • MMA Junkie : DraftKings Promo Code | Make a $1.5K No Sweat Bet on NHL Game 7, Monday Night MLB
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Leon Edwards, Green, Doumbe, Hearn and Salita in studio now
  • MMA Junkie : Abus Magomedov promises more exciting fights after UFC Fight Night 241 dominant decision