Topic: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

St. Pierre vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,620  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

12.13.2012 | 8:19 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 42

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.20.2013 | 9:29 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

Click "preferences" at the top right.Its right in there.
JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,848  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

03.20.2013 | 10:06 PM ET

ouch

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.20.2013 | 10:08 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

^ That was nice, Nick did land a bit of the kick aswell...cool gif.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.21.2013 | 9:23 PM ET

I have an idea for Nick to improve his fighting.  He should make a break with Cesar Gracie's school and move to Montreal and train at the Tristar gym.  There Firas Zahabi will see to it that Nick will strengthen his weak area of wresting and offense.

After 10 years, Nick must have learned everything Cesar Gracie has to teach him.  He now needs to learn how to integrate his offense as Firas Zahabi teaches.  

Nick needs to learn to integrate his kicks, feints, punches much, much better into seamless combinations.  He needs to let go of the arms down taunting, talking.  That avails him nothing against the mature guys like GSP, Condit, MacDonald and Hendricks.  That's bush league, rookie stuff.  Nick needs better wrestling coaching.  

When Nick was needing better training partners, did he go to Cesar Gracie and tell him so?  Wasn't there a mutual teamwork between him & Cesar?  Why couldn't Cesar get the right people to come in and make sure Nick was ready?

Nick should have said, "Cesar, this is my big chance, my biggest opportunity. I have to have the best guys to get me ready.  Who knows if this shot comes along again."  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

03.21.2013 | 10:02 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Decision  

I actually agree that Nick needs to leave Cesar's if he wants to be a champ, imo Cesar isnt right for him. No way he leaves though.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

03.21.2013 | 10:02 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Bill sounds like a grand idea but Nick wouldn't be invited to Tristar. Firas has said it takes a certain kind of person to be able to train there. Before a fighter is allowed to train full time there all the fighters and coaches have to agree that it's what's good for the team. I really don't see the fighters/coaches at Tristar wanting Nick.

Cesar Gracie and his team are probably the only gym that is willing to put up with the soap opera that is Nick Diaz. Nick has great skills and has great work ethic and could add a lot to a gym but it's all the other **** he brings with him that nobody else would want to deal with.

The one guy that should drop everything and train at Tristar full time is Rashad Evans. Rashad needs a trainer like Firas or Greg Jackson to keep him focused and on point. 

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.21.2013 | 10:50 PM ET

I think that the Greg Jackson facility would also be beneficial to Nick, but I think that Jackson's fight philosophy and Nick's fighting philosophy are utterly incompatible.

Nick would have contempt for the Jackson principles that underlay his coaching.  So, the Montreal Tristar gym is the best for him.  

But I doubt Nick will ever make that break.  He needs a father figure and only Cesar has shown the willingness to go along with him.  Like Cus D'Amato and Mike Tyson.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

03.21.2013 | 10:56 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I agree, I'd love to see nick change everything up at this point

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

Irphil47
Irphil47
  • Predictions:  662  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: -67

03.22.2013 | 11:20 AM ET

Have to say, I wasn't surprised by the outcome of this fight. Diaz had a history of struggling with good wrestlers, and GSP fights like a wrestler with good standup. Although I love Diaz's mentality, he just wasn't on GSP's level..but then again who is? That's why I feel after the Hendricks fight, he ought to fight Anderson, but I don't think he wants to, cause I think he knows it won't end well for him.

Page 42

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Says Ilia Topuria Saying ‘No’ To Alexander Volkanovski And Other Top Contenders Is ‘Weird’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Paul Felder replaces Joe Rogan to join Daniel Cormier, Jon Anik in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : Tom Aspinall agrees with unhappy U.K. fans about UFC 304 start time: ‘I think it is absolutely terrible’
  • MMA Mania : Welcome To The Top 5
  • MMA Junkie : Jimmy Smith slams Ronda Rousey for saying Joe Rogan, media turned on her: 'Don't give me this victim sh*t'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant reveals she signed multi-fight deal with Misfits Boxing, but BKFC ‘will definitely see me again’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Canelo vs Munguia preview, Paul vs Tyson rules, more
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner David Onama apologizes for weight miss: 'My body gave up on me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Jimmy Smith goes off on Ronda Rousey: ‘She gets all the credit, none of the blame’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Been Fighting Old Slow Dopes’
  • MMA Junkie : Chris Padilla 'lost hope many times' on long journey to UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall Pans Manchester PPV Start Time: ‘It’s Terrible’
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Announces Brand New 3 Million Dollar BJJ Tournament
  • UFC.com : UFC Welcomes Anker As Its Official Charging Partner In The Middle East And Africa
  • Jits Magazine : Mo Jassim Announces Women’s Absolute Division For ADCC 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Miserable, Mean, And We Can’t Stand Her
  • MMA Mania : PFL Salt Lake City Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMA Junkie : Bogdan Guskov proud to be first Uzbekistan fighter to enter UFC rankings: 'This is my history'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest