Topic: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

St. Pierre vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,731  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,630
  • Post Score: 60

12.13.2012 | 8:19 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 34

viapicante
viapicante
  • Predictions:  3,783  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  109
  • Post Score: -43

03.16.2013 | 3:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

5 stars

"| MMADAWGS.com | youtube.com/MMADAWGS | facebook.com/MMADAWGS | twitter.com/MMADAWGS |"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.16.2013 | 7:25 PM ET

If there's one fighter at welterweight who can beat GSP at this point, it's Nick Diaz.

No one could match GSP talent-for-talent, skill-for-skill, and while Ellenberger and Hendricks are good matchups (especially Ellenberger) GSP still holds an distinct advantage over both.

Nick Diaz knows that which is why he's trying to beat GSP psychologically; if he can successfully do that this fight is his. He has the best chance at beating GSP mentally, and in the end fighting is a mental game.

I'm pumped, let's see what happens.

"الله أكبرl"

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

03.16.2013 | 8:22 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

As much as i believe GSP will win, i would love to see Diaz win. That **** would be crazy. GSP getting beat in Canada, probably wont happen, but that would be s sight to see.

"3HUNNA"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.16.2013 | 8:43 PM ET

Agreed, I want GSP to win (obviously, he's one of my top 10 favorite fighters ever and Nick Diaz is one of my top 10 fighters I hate the most) but a Nick Diaz win would be awesome just for the hilarity that will ensue. If Nick Diaz wins, Montreal is gonna riot, the UFC's gonna **** themselves, etc etc.

I can guarantee one thing though; he's not getting stripped because of a failed drug test, Quebec's athletic commission is ******.

"الله أكبرl"

DelRose
DelRose

03.16.2013 | 9:11 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I'm sick of all his fights going all 5 rounds, there needs to be a new champion.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.16.2013 | 9:20 PM ET

montreal did riot once b/c of a guns and roses, axl rose hissy fit?
lucya92
lucya92
  • Predictions:  321  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 103

03.16.2013 | 9:42 PM ET

haven't been online for a while so missed the predictions on this one :/

Diaz by Knockout! that's my prediction .... I would LUV it haha

I like GSP but just for the fact it would be a massive upset and I dislike GSP style at times,not faulting it just saying he can get boring to watch sometimes where as Diaz always turns up to FIGHT ( in the true sense of the word ) 
MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.16.2013 | 9:49 PM ET

Like both GSP and Diaz.I would enjoy a Diaz finish.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.17.2013 | 1:10 AM ET

About what I expected but a few surprises.

Nick did much better than I expected, but it was still just another routine GSP victory.  

Nick did well in the 3rd round, and I was surprised.  I think I saw the very first sign of GSP aging.  His stamina was flagging and he was taking shots from Nick.  So, he went back to his double-leg TDs.

Nick was too aggressive in the weigh-in face-off, and Nick even took a swing at GSP after the bell.  

But at the end of the day, Nick had almost nothing for GSP to challenge for the belt.  He started to trash-talk in the fight, but GSP didn't swallow the poisoned bait.  He wisely ignored that garbage.

Nick suggested he might consider retirement.  I hope he doesn't.  He still has lots of great fights in him.  We all want to see him face the hard contenders.  Let's all hope Nick thinks better of walking away.

Kudos to Nick for being gracious after the fight.  Ref Lavigne has to actively separate Nick twice after the bell and that was ridiculous.

I'll give Nick this.  His boxing was either better or as good as GSP's.  And that came as a rude awakening to me.

* Edited at 03.17.2013, 2:49 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

03.17.2013 | 1:14 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Boy that's a lot of a hype for a completely forgettable performance from both guys. Typical stuff from both guys. GSP had 9 billion takedowns and Nick managed to outpoint GSP in the mean mugging, **** talking category. Thank Christ for Big Rig and Condit.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 days, 1 hour, and 15 seconds from now.
ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

03.17.2013 | 1:17 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Yeah, I wanted more but no need to quit from Dian. Gsp showed he's still the top dog but absolutelely no reason to quit from Diaz... hope he pushes on..

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

03.17.2013 | 1:20 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I think GSP brought up a great point to Rogan. There isn't anybody who can emulate Diaz's style whether it be on the ground or standing. Diaz is very difficult to prepare for. I wouldn't worry about GSP's cardio or him "aging" just yet.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.17.2013 | 1:37 AM ET

After all the hype and trash-talk, GSP was unbelievably gracious to Nick.  He praised him to the skies!  And that was after Nick took a swing at him after the bell and had to be restrained once by ref Ives Lavigne.

GSP went WAY out of his way to squash the beef and gave Nick props and respect, after being disrespected for 1.5 years.  After Nick accused him of steroids!  I hope Nick learned that respect is better than disrespect.

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,162  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.17.2013 | 1:40 AM ET

Quit bringing up the punch after the bell...Nick was clearly just ******* with him, the punch was at least 2 feet from his face, wasn't even close...just another taunt.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

DelRose
DelRose

03.17.2013 | 1:56 AM ET

Canadian audience has to be the worst in MMA fanbase. Cant wait to see george get his ass kicked by Silva. Make it happen already dana for **** sake.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

03.17.2013 | 2:07 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Decision  

Diaz 1,2,5

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,162  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.17.2013 | 2:08 AM ET

Diaz 1,2,5

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.17.2013 | 2:10 AM ET

Oh no...WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.17.2013 | 2:56 AM ET

Just finished watching the UFC 158 Post-Fight Press Conference.  Nick couldn't stop talking.  He must be a graduate of the Chael Sonnen School of Hype.

He says he might retire, but not if he gets a title rematch or a fight with Anderson Silva.  He understands how to sell himself.

He made up with GSP at the end of the fight, then a minute later tells Ariel Hawani that George hits like a girl and he thinks he could win a rematch.  He lost because he couldn't get the right help in camp.  

At the press conference, he tells Hendricks, "What are you doing sitting next to George if you're going to fight him?"  What?  He tells Johny he thinks Condit beat him and how he hated for Condit to lose.  And that is with Johny sitting a foot away from him.  

Nick is a different kind of human.  I know you all like that about him but we older folks don't give extra points for rudeness.  Honesty can be diplomatic, but you all hate diplomacy with a cold passion.

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

03.17.2013 | 5:01 AM ET

I so much prefer the brash personality to the polished "respectful" one. The same reason people don't like politicians: when your speech is rehearsed, it sounds rehearsed, and your words lose meaning.

Nick Diaz obviously doesn't speak from canned responses, he speaks his mind. I would be much more willing to believe Diaz than GSP. GSP does not talk in public like he does when he is off the record. Fans don't want a posh fighter, they want someone who they can relate.

If you want to talk respect:

I'd respect a person infinitely more if they called me a moron to my face and meant it instead of lying through their teeth while complimenting me.

Page 34

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Adrian Yanez Is Searching For More
  • Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Defeats Magomed Magomedov Via Split Decision, Retains Bantamweight Title – Bellator: Paris Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk undisputed title fight is 'something very, very significant'
  • MMA Mania : UFC Fighters Fail To Crack Forbes ‘Highest-Paid’ List
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series results: Cedric Doumbe makes quick work of Jaleel Willis to set up Anthony Pettis showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris video: Cedric Doumbe demolishes Jaleel Willis in first round, faces off with Anthony Pettis
  • Middle Easy : Cédric Doumbé Returns to Win Column, Smashes Jaleel Willis in Opening Round – Bellator: Paris Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris live blog: Patchy Mix vs. Magomed Magomedov 2
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series video: Costello van Steenis puts Gregory Babene to sleep with Von Flue choke
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator video: Costello van Steenis puts Gregory Babene to sleep with Von Flue choke
  • UFC.com : This Fight Is About Redemption For Tom Nolan
  • MMAFighting.com : Gabi Garcia’s MMA return off in wake of Brazil floods
  • MMA Junkie : Leon Edwards vs. Belal Muhammad 2: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 304 main event
  • Bad Left Hook : William Zepeda vs Giovanni Cabrera official for July 6
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris live blog: Cedric Doumbe vs. Jaleel Willis
  • Bad Left Hook : Fury lightest since 2019, Usyk a career high on scales
  • Bad Left Hook : Tyson Fury lightest since 2019, Oleksandr Usyk a career high on scales
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones won't be surprised if Curtis Blaydes beats Tom Aspinall at UFC 304: 'Dude prematurely drinking his own Kool-Aid'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Patchy Mix propose to UFC’s Tatiana Suarez ahead of Bellator Paris
  • UFC.com : Vanessa Demopoulos: 'I Have A Fire Inside Of Me'