Topic: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

St. Pierre vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,553
  • Post Score: 60

12.13.2012 | 8:19 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 33

LiLRASKALG
LiLRASKALG
  • Predictions:  3,613  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 86

03.16.2013 | 1:57 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Decision  

We'll See...

"IF I AGREE WITH YOU THEN WE WOULD BOTH BE WRONG!"

Easynow7
Easynow7
  • Predictions:  50  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

03.16.2013 | 2:49 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I agree, i recon the fight will get stopped due to a cut.  If it doesn't GSP by decison.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.16.2013 | 3:53 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

Nick has as much chance of becoming the UFC's WW champ tomorrow as Omarosa has of becoming America's latest sweetheart.

Anything's possible, but it's not a smart bet.

There is an important difference between a hedged, calculated upset and a fool's bet.

* Edited at 03.16.2013, 3:54 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

03.16.2013 | 6:07 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 5  

Diaz at +450 irl is a great bet. I can't see GSP in cruise control on Diaz for 5 rounds without some transitioning or major action happening. GSP in my mind has clearly been taking his fights easy and while I would oblige that it's not "LnP" it is pretty close to it most of the time. Diaz will not make this an easy fight when he gets taken down, he will make him work more than anyone he faced. 

..Not even sure what GSP's gameplan will be; to just take him down, mix it up or try to stand. Personally I think GSP should stand with him, his arsenal is wider. GSP will likely get TD's but Diaz will test his grappling more than anyone in years. Nobody GSP has fought has the jiu-jitsu of Diaz (or the cardio, technique, heart, chin, boxing) other than Shields and GSP avoided the ground with him.

Also this mind**** Diaz has concocted clearly got into GSP's head as soon as he got called scared.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 days, 19 hours, and 56 minutes from now.
gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,195  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

03.16.2013 | 6:09 AM ET

i say diaz get cut up bad  doctor stops it and diaz fans across the world will riot Lol

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

edu94
edu94
  • Predictions:  1,420  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 349

03.16.2013 | 7:35 AM ET

GSP via decision like always. I dont see Diaz or any other welterweight taking his belt.

Its funny how people think Diaz got into GSPs head and that will drastically affect inside the octagon. GSP fought superfights, lost his title and took it back, been champion for years, he will always be mentally prepare in his fights. 

We all have seen what wrestling does to fighters like Diaz. I dont think will be any different in this fight.
gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,195  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

03.16.2013 | 7:37 AM ET

MMA Roasted ‏@MMARoasted

It's hard to decide who to root for...my head is with GSP but my stash is with Diaz. #UFC158

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

thaduke
thaduke
  • Predictions:  237  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 130

03.16.2013 | 8:55 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

A doctor stoppage or decision is how Diaz wants to lose. That means he would have an excuss to why he lost. Diaz likes to blame everyone else (ref, judges, Dana...) for his down falls. He can't own up to the fact that some else is better than him and beat him.
Always with the excuses. Watching the pre-fight press conference was hilarious. Diaz is *****ing and complaining that he has to do all this stuff for the fight and if he didn't skip interviews and open training sessions that he wouldn't be 100%. LOL. Poor Diaz, its never fair! what a *****!
I hope GSP puts him away in a dominate fashion and finally shut Diaz up.

thaduke
thaduke
  • Predictions:  237  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 130

03.16.2013 | 9:07 AM ET

Diaz doesn't deserve to be in the ring period. let alone being there fighting for a title.
he hasn't fought in a year his last fight he lost, then he gets suspended for illegal substance. (only Marijuana I know but it is still a band substance) these High level athletes in any sport are view as role models and should conduct them selves as professionals. Diaz is the complete opposite of that. The UFC is a corporation like any other business and the fighters are the employees if I have done with my employers what Diaz has done to Dana and the UFC I would have been fired long ago. WHY IS THIS GUY STILL HERE?
He hasn't done anything other than ***** complain, talk **** about everyone else. Why would any corporation give a uneducated, ignorant, ****** like Diaz the opportunity to represent them...
I guess the power of money runs deep with Dana and the UFC.
I hate these "super fights" all that it is, is a soap opera for fighters and fight fans. I hate it. when will the real #1 contender get a shot at a title in the UFC. Cause Diaz is clearly not the #1 contender.
Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

03.16.2013 | 9:15 AM ET

@thaduke... do you know how many athletes have tested positive for weed and many other illegal substances in every other major sport?  Do you know how many athletes of done much worse than Diaz has in every other major sport and have still kept a job?  As far as a role model... have you seen the picture @Poir posted of Diaz posing with a little canadian boy sporting GSP wear?  Talks ****?  Doesn't 9/10 MMA fighter leading up to a fight?  That is part of the business.  I am no Nick hugger by any means, but I think you're way off track.  

Does Nick have some issues?... sure.  Does he belong in the UFC?...absolutely.  Does he deserve the title fight?... Debatable.  

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

03.16.2013 | 9:30 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

I agree with Kalibo! And I am a big Diaz fan but when that guy get's in the cage he fights his ass off every single time, so to say he doesn't belong in the cage as an MMA fan is just wrong. As far as the title fight yes that is debatable as to whether or not he deserved it and I think Hendricks deserved it more.

* Edited at 03.16.2013, 9:31 AM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

03.16.2013 | 10:08 AM ET

Exactly.  

And my 1st post up there is not meant to justify anything Nick has done just so I don't get responses saying that.  It was to show that Dana is not doing anything differently than any other major sport VP/commish has done when handling situations of that nature and far worse (see Stallworth).  

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

DelRose
DelRose

03.16.2013 | 10:53 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Nick has an advantage on both standing and on the ground. I recall GSP being too afraid to go to the ground with jake shields. Last thing Georges wants to do is hit the canvas with Nick. If Georges is smart he'll keep it on the feet. Which I'm pretty sure we're all hoping to see.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

03.16.2013 | 11:16 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 5  

I don't think GSP didn't take Shields down because he feared his ground game. I think it was much more the fact that he knew Shileds has bad standup and could beat him easily on the feet. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

DelRose
DelRose

03.16.2013 | 2:11 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Wouldn't that also imply his ground game is a lot better than his stand up? Hence why he kept it on the feet?

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

03.16.2013 | 2:33 PM ET

The thing that really pisses me off about the whole Diaz smoking weed thing. Is that if he has his license for it he could apply for a TUE for marijuana. Just like people do for TRT. But he's either to stupid to do so or just doesn't because then when he gets suspended he can ***** more. Which is clearly one of his favorite things to do. 

"Is reality really realistic?"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

03.16.2013 | 3:17 PM ET

No one ******* more than Chael Sonnen.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

03.16.2013 | 3:42 PM ET

Brazilians ***** quite a bit

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.16.2013 | 3:43 PM ET

Different topic, am I the only one who noticed a cheeky little twinkle in Brittany's eyes when Diaz got off the scales?

Could she have a bit of a 209-fetish going on there? ;)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

03.16.2013 | 3:50 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 5  

I think Brittney wants some Stockton in her ... wink wink. Diaz ... jump all over  that ****. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Page 33

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef