Topic: Off Topic

Slow Day in MMA News, Lets Talk about US!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.13.2011 | 11:49 AM ET

Since it's a slow day in the world of MMA, I thought it would be cool to talk about Tapology and ourselves.. anything at all regarding the same.  I'll get a brief start going..

I live in PA, am 30 and have been a fan of MMA since I was a teenager.  Work for the railroad and rarely ever miss an event regardless of promotion/stature.  I like Tapology b/c of the environment it fosters.  I wish we could edit/delete our posts... maybe have categories of threads for the forums, but all in all, I appreciate the type of place this is thus far. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Responses Page 26

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

05.08.2011 | 11:56 PM ET

That's one of my favorites.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.09.2011 | 4:38 AM ET

Really good ideas.. @Mino.. I haven't seen the Lil Nog/Shogun fight in so long... i don't remember it.   Time for me to re-watch some of those old Pride fights.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

05.09.2011 | 2:36 PM ET

There are some of those old fights that ive watched 6,7,8 times that i forget until watch them yet again.  Some of the old pride fights just suck you in emotionally unlike a lot of the ufc fights.  I think it was the era and the production being slightly towards pro wrestling it just tugs at you in a different way.  I love the ufc but i genuinely miss pride.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.09.2011 | 3:20 PM ET

Yeah... Does anyone miss the old Pancrase fights?

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

05.09.2011 | 3:24 PM ET

I do. Bas Rutten vs. Frank Shamrock were pretty good fights

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

05.09.2011 | 5:25 PM ET

Well. I'm 25 and I live in Ontario,Canada. I'm a musician and have been since about Grade 9. I've grown up around many great musicians and have had the opportunity for a well known label. An offer from a very well known band. That opportunity has come and gone. So now I'm concentrating on school. I'm more interested in psychology and music is a passion I'll have to leave for my later years and my own leisure enjoyment. 
I started watching MMA when Matt Hughes fought Trigg the first time I believe. I don't really know how long I've been watching it now since time flies. I've gained a great knowledge from another site and have become addicted to MMA in general. I plan on training sometime once I get myself settled in the U.S. (Where I'm going to go to school for psychology I believe. I'm interested in everything so I'm not totally sure what path to take). I've had a colorful upbringing so I believe psychology or sociology will be something I dig into.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406

05.09.2011 | 5:39 PM ET

I'm 20 living in PA. I'm in college, will be graduating with my Associate's degree May 18th then right back to school in August for my Bachelor's. I am in school for Physical Therapy, hoping to focus on the sports medicine side of it. I started watching MMA about 5 years ago, so I never saw much of Pride, just know of Pride fights from re-watching the good ones I hear about. I've just started taking Karate with my friend, he has his black belt and wanted me to join up.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.09.2011 | 7:38 PM ET

@Danno What part of PA?  I live in PA as well...

@Body.. what is your musical specialty?

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.09.2011 | 8:22 PM ET

@Kalibo. I'm guessing you mean what instrument do I play. I play guitar and took classical lessons to help with my ability to play different songs. I took classical lessons for a year. Also my step dad went to college for music and was my teacher growing up. Also had really good musicians surrounding me growing up. They rubbed off on me. I also sing.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.09.2011 | 8:24 PM ET

Cool... you got any stuff on youtube we could check out?

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.09.2011 | 8:26 PM ET

@Kalibo. My band broke up awhile ago. I've been trying to get things on track with my life so haven't had the time to even pick up my guitar for a bit now.   :(       I'll post me singing or playing guitar on youtube sometime actually. 
What music are you into? I'm surprised there isn't a "What's Your Favorite Band/Music?" Thread...or is there?
Someone should do it up! lol

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.10.2011 | 6:55 AM ET

People usually talk about that kind of thing in this thread so the forums are not so overwhelmed and all that good stuff helps us get to know eachother.  I like all kinds of music.. I'm pretty musically cultured. 

So, @Body brought up the suggestion we talk about music and our likes.. I know Pierce and I touched on it and Kallous did too here.. so.. guys/gals.. what is your favorite music?

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

05.10.2011 | 10:27 AM ET

My favorite music?

I'll give everything a listen...My Ipod has over 1800 songs ranging from Blues, Country, Punk, Rock, R & B and Rap...Best concert I think I was at was at was Rise Agianst and Rancid at Red Rocks 2 summers ago...If there is a better venue then Red Rocks to see a concert anywhere in this world I'd love to know about it, but I doubt it

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.10.2011 | 1:08 PM ET

Lets name a few current songs we like.  Call me a softy, but I like Train's "Marry Me"  for one side of the spectrum and for the other side, I like the song "Roll up". 

Fluxy
Fluxy

05.10.2011 | 1:22 PM ET

"what is your favorite music?" it is a hard question @Kalibo. Rock, MPB, Blues, Classical Music, Electronic Music, a bit of Jazz... Right now I'm listening to Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio. =] Testify, Killing In The Name Of, Bulls On Parade, Freedom... All their musics are amazing.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

05.10.2011 | 1:26 PM ET

I listen to mostly hip hop but my favorite bands are RATM, SOAD, Anti Flag, Rise Against, Billy Talent and Alexisonfire

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.10.2011 | 4:21 PM ET

@Fluxy.. I like Rage.. but the others I'm not sure on.

rowlison
rowlison
  • Predictions:  9,551  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  188
  • Post Score: 272

05.10.2011 | 5:11 PM ET

@Kalibo no tournys yet I hope to be in one in july for the grapplers x tournament denver.

"I refuse to tip toe through life only to arrive safely at death."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.10.2011 | 5:20 PM ET

My musical tastes are all over the place but I mostly listen to hiphop

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

POPMYTRUNK
POPMYTRUNK
  • Predictions:  666  |  68.5%
  • Forum Posts:  125
  • Post Score: 171

05.10.2011 | 5:26 PM ET

i mostly listen to rap but i listen to a lot of other stuff too

"pop my trunk and everybody gets to running"

Page 26

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’