Topic: Other Combat Sports

Tapology Talks Boxing

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

09.08.2012 | 11:54 PM ET

I am surprised that no one has started this thread yet.

I know this is an MMA website but I bet that there are some Boxing Fans out there.

I just love the sport of fighting in general and I have been raised by boxing.

So in this Thread we can discuss the "Sweet Science"

such as
Past Fights
Upcoming Events
Favorite Fighters
and Historical Figures in the Sport

Because like MMA in the US, Boxing started out illegal. But where it took MMA less than 25 years to gain the General populations approval, It took boxing over 100 years.

Discuss and have fun.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Responses Page 11

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.13.2012 | 10:33 PM ET

one of the best things to come out of Argentina, the definition of Fan Friendly fighter. Lucas Matthysse.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.18.2012 | 9:02 PM ET

My new favorite boxer, Adrien Broner:

ADRIEN HAD A DREEEAAAAAAAM

"الله أكبرl"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.20.2012 | 11:30 PM ET

Hector "Macho" Camacho is in critical condition after being SHOT multiple times in Puerto Rico tonight ... this according to multiple reports. 

The former boxing champ was reportedly in the passenger seat of a car around 7 PM local time ... when another vehicle rolled up and someone opened fire ... striking Camacho several times in the neck and face. 

The driver of Camacho's car was reportedly killed in the attack. 

Camacho was taken to a hospital and is currently listed in critical condition. 

police has yet identified any suspects.

http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/2745-Hector-Camacho-Shot

I hope that he is truly fine and he can preserver this ordeal 

* Edited at 11.20.2012, 11:33 PM ET *

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.22.2012 | 12:52 AM ET

Camacho Update

Doctors now say that Hector "Macho" Camacho, who was shot yesterday in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, is showing intermittent brain activity, and will be tested again tomorrow morning at 6 am local time. 

more at badlefthook.com

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/11/21/3677776/hector-camacho-update-intermittent-brain-activity-doctors-boxing-news

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.24.2012 | 1:24 PM ET

After being taken off of life support Hector 'Macho' Camacho passed away from the wounds that he received earlier in the week. His creative entrances and ferocious fighting style landed him with a 79-6 record in boxing along with him winning championships in the super featherweight, lightweight and junior lightweight divisions, going on to win lesser titles in four more weight classes, becoming the first boxer to be recognized as a septuple world champion. With many ups and downs with drugs, alcohol abuse, trouble with management along with his personal life, but though out his life he was able to take them in stride and to come out on top. He fought other great boxers though out his 88 fight boxing career such as Roberto Durán, Sugar Ray Leonard, Julio César Chávez, Tito Trinidad, and Oscar de la Hoya. He lived as he fought, fearlessly, passionately, creatively, and to the edge.

Hector 'Macho' Camacho 
May 24, 1962 - November 24, 2012
He was 50 years old
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8667942/hector-macho-camacho-removed-life-support-dies-50

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.24.2012 | 6:19 PM ET

After a 3 1/2 year lay off Ricky Hatton ends up on a losing end of a body shot. After 9 rounds of boxing and what many regarded as a curtain Hatton decision victory a body shot from Senchenko to put down the former champion. 

Hatton states:
"I thought I was winning but I showed ring rust. I don't want to make any hasty decisions but I'm absolutely heartbroken. It was a good shot but he nailed me with a few. I want to fight world champions and I wouldn't take an eight rounder.  I had to beat someone like Senchenko to fight for a title. I was enjoying it but I was finding it heavy going. I can't keep picking my arse up off of the floor. I'm not a failure. I don't want my career to end that way but I have to think about it now. I'm sick of losing. You don't know what that does to me."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.24.2012 | 7:29 PM ET

from the press conference

Ricky Hatton announces he is retiring from Boxing at the post fight press conference after his defeat to Senchenko. He says he's happy but that's it...

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.25.2012 | 12:12 AM ET

Guerrero wins war against Berto In ABSOLUTE CLASSIC!

By Rocco Morales and David Robinett at ringside

WBC interim welterweight title holder Robert Guerrero (31-1-1, 18 KOs) retained his title with a hard fought twelve round unanimous decision over former champion Andre Berto (28-2, 22 KOs) on Saturday night at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California. 

Terrible start for Berto as Guerrero dropped him in both rounds one and two, plus his right eye was starting to close. But Berto gutted out the early problems are started to turn the tide. Just great back and forth action for the rest of the fight, which could have been fought in a phone booth. Scores were 116-110 on all cards.

Guerrero calls out Mayweather again "Pretty Boy, let's do it."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

11.25.2012 | 12:50 AM ET

That was a great fight. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

12.01.2012 | 7:22 PM ET

Just reminding everyone of the big marquee matchup tonight. Miguel Cotto (37-3) vs. Austin Trout (25-0). Should be a pretty good scrap for whatever amount of time it lasts.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

12.02.2012 | 12:25 AM ET

Trout Defeats Cotto

Undefeated WBA super welterweight world champion Austin Trout (26-0, 14 KOs) retained his title with a close twelve round unanimous decision over three-division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-4, 30 KOs) on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Both fighters had their moments in a very close fight with Trout finishing stronger. Scores were 117-111, 117-111, 119-109.

Trout calls out Canelo Alverez stating "Yo quiero Canelo" it pissed off both Alverez and De La Hoya.

Could this be the last fight for the former Light Welterweight, Welterweight, and Light Middleweight Champion?

* Edited at 12.02.2012, 12:31 AM ET *

zarog
zarog

12.02.2012 | 12:46 AM ET

It actually wasn't that close. I gave Cotto rounds 3, 4, and 5, but after that he couldn't land bigger punches. 117-111 was a fair scorecard, and I think 118-110 would've been as well. Cotto landed a few big shots, but couldn't land with any consistency. Trout looked okay, but nothing that will put him on the map. Honestly, the biggest loser in this fight was Canelo Alvarez. Dude was looking for a big name to build off of, but Cotto didn't make it out with the victory. Trout will be his next opponent, but I don't really see Trout doing that much against Canelo.

As for Cotto, I think this fight just showed he's got too many miles on him. The beatings he took from Margarito and Pacquiao left him broken. I think had this fight happened with the Cotto that wasn't battered by those 2 guys, well, Trout wouldn't have needed cardio to kick in in the latter rounds. Cotto should consider retiring. I don't wanna see him get hurt. He's too good of a guy and too good of a fighter to see take unnecessary beatings.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

12.03.2012 | 9:01 PM ET

Fight Hype is reporting that the 41-year-old Mosley is hoping to land a fight with WBA welterweight titlist Paulie Malignaggi.

"According to one source, Mosley was unimpressed with the recent performance of WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi, who survived a late knockdown to score a razor-thin split decision victory over Pablo Cesar Cano. "Shane knows he still has enough in the tank to beat a champion like Paulie, so that's who he's gunning for" the source explained.

zarog
zarog

12.03.2012 | 9:19 PM ET

No. Just....no. Look, it's not like Mosley can't beat Malignaggi (because Malignaggi isn't that great), but there's really no point. Mosley's 41 and he's taken more than enough beatings inside the ring. This is a pointless fight because if he wins the belt from Malignaggi he will surely get his ass kicked by the next guy. All this fight does is either make Malignaggi look awful, or prove that he can beat a washed up former great.

zarog
zarog

12.04.2012 | 11:40 PM ET

Did anyone know that combat sports were going to be on network tv in 3 consecutive weekends? I had no idea. Anyway, that's really awesome that they're actually going to be trying to put boxing back on the map.

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,359  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

12.05.2012 | 12:06 AM ET

@Zarog- they need to make better cards. Enough of these one big fights and other fights you cant get into because you know little about them. That is why MMA is great. You get to see a lot of great fighters and introduced to new ones no matter the record. I'm sick and tired of hearing about the same boxers with the occasional up in comer.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

12.05.2012 | 2:53 PM ET

HAIL TO THE KING BABY

In a moving ceremony Monday morning in Cancun, Mexico, Muhammad Ali was crowned “King Of Boxing” during the official opening of the 50th WBC convention.

* Edited at 12.05.2012, 2:54 PM ET *

zarog
zarog

12.05.2012 | 7:43 PM ET

Had to post this article on Bob Arum. I think my favorite part is the story about Evel Kneivel and when he told Bob Arum, "There are three things I hate in the world: New Yorkers, lawyers, and Jews. And you're all three." Made me laugh.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

12.09.2012 | 12:31 AM ET

10-9 for Marquez 
that's what I got

* Edited at 12.09.2012, 12:31 AM ET *

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

12.09.2012 | 12:35 AM ET

Round 2 very tentative in the beginning as both men are just feeling each other out. Pacquiao seems to hit the body early. Marquez looks to counter. Pac starting to loosen up, Marquez responds. Pac leading with the left. Marquez comes back with a right. Pac coming back with the left still. Good connections by both fighters.  Circling to find placement and range for a little bit. Marquez connects with a left hook that connects hard. Pac backs away and throws a 3 punch combo. Really even but Pac had more combinations in the round.

Pacquiao wins round 2
1-1 even

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Dillon Danis Delivers X-Rated Retort After Paige VanZant Shreds Him on Social Media
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins
  • MMA Junkie : Brendan Loughnane vs. Justin Gonzales headlines 2024 PFL 6 in South Dakota
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez hopes Alexandre Pantoja retains title at UFC 301: 'I want to fight the guy that beat me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t’
  • MMA Mania : Tom Who? Jones Pursuing ‘Insane’ Pereira Fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Everyone hits marks in Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Jose Aldo makes weight for final fight
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 main, co-main event official weigh-in highlights video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC 301 weigh-in video LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : Ronda Won’t Play Rousey In Netflix Biopic
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones favors Alex Pereira heavyweight clash over Tom Aspinall: ‘Tom only matters in the U.K.’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘We see the type of person he is’: Haney not interested in Garcia rematch after failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Alex Pereira thinks Jiri Prochazka most likely next in line: 'Ankalaev is going to have to wait'
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones: Alex Pereira matchup would be 'biggest fight in MMA history' and 'no one can argue that'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dustin Poirier admits title win could be perfect ending to career: ‘This is the last chapter’
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 8 a.m. ET