Topic: Nick Diaz

Remind me not to throw punches against this guy or his teammates

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jeremyadk
jeremyadk
  • Predictions:  8,527  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  80
  • Post Score: 66

04.09.2011 | 11:48 PM ET

Good God!  Daley brought his game, but Nick has an insane chin.  That was intense.  What a fight!

"A little blood never hurt anyone" -My dad

Nick Diaz

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Nicholas Robert Diaz
  • Pro MMA Record: 26-10-0, 2 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: September 25, 2021 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 185.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu
  • Height: 6'1" (185cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,665,950 USD
  • Born: Stockton, California, United States
  • Fighting out of: Stockton, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

04.09.2011 | 11:54 PM ET

Awesome fight.  Diaz doesn't care what his opponent's strength is, he just wades in there and goes for it. Crazy dude.

"I live, I die, I live again."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

04.09.2011 | 11:54 PM ET

diaz is da man. i predicted diaz by sub in 2nd round. he did even better. they should set up fight with kos. that would be good. i went 3 for 3 in bellator. i'm not sure of something. i should be 5 -4- 1 in strikeforce b/c mousasi and jardine fought to a draw. in my fightcenter profile it shows an red x and i don't get it. does this game count draws as a loss? that makes no sense.
jeremyadk
jeremyadk

04.10.2011 | 12:10 AM ET

Unfortunately I was not able to get my fight ending and round picks in on time.  I had roughly three minutes to get my Strikeforce and Bellator picks in.  As far as the draw goes, I think that gets thrown out of the figuring.  I believe that's what they did with the Edgar/Maynard II fight.  I'm not certain, though.

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.10.2011 | 11:43 AM ET

Diaz is unreal.  Watching him now and 5 years ago... amazing difference.  I would absolutely wreck the UFC 170lbs division, minus GSP.  I'd love to see that fight ... I think I'd reather see Diaz vs. GSP more than GSP vs. Anderson.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Joker313
Joker313
  • Predictions:  34,431  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  575
  • Post Score: 215

04.10.2011 | 2:38 PM ET

diaz would kick kos ass worse then paulo thaigo
geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

04.10.2011 | 2:45 PM ET

Diaz is so damn accurate with his strikes, It's like he has freakin' crosshairs in his eyeballs! That was really impressive.

I just wish he wasn't such a punk-ass, jerk-off.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

04.10.2011 | 2:51 PM ET

Good fight, even if I think both guys are pricks.  Diaz has such awkward stand up, but he finds a way to make it work every time.  Beating a guy like Paul Daley at his own game is pretty impressive, even though he did get rocked a few times in the process. 

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

jeremyadk
jeremyadk

04.10.2011 | 3:02 PM ET

It's funny, because Daley never seemed to be a prick before his fight with Kos.  He seemed to be respectful of his opponents and even apologized when he showed off too much (the end of his fight with Kampmann).  I think a switch must have been flipped after that fight with Koscheck because he is way different now.  As for Diaz, yeah he's a punk but if you consider where and how he grew up and the fact that he has (literally) had to fight for everything he has, I guess it is somewhat understandable.  If he didn't stand up for himself in such a confrontational way then I'm pretty sure the rest of the mma world would have run over him.  We've seen this in boxing for years as the big name guys are fed low level opponents and the little guys get jack $#!+ as far as the purses and notoriety go.  Is Diaz' way the best way to go about it, probably not.  But I do respect a guy who stands up for himself and speaks his mind.  (Even when he's a ****.)

RWLawman
RWLawman

04.10.2011 | 3:05 PM ET

Yeah, good post Jeremy,  I can respect that.  I agree that Daley has changed as well.  I've just always been a fan of the classy athletes, in any given sport. 

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

04.10.2011 | 8:47 PM ET

Whats that old saying. It's alright to get knocked down but you have to get back up and diaz has done that for the last 5 or 6 years. Those liver shots he landed early i guarantee hurt Daley alot. We have seen him do that before vs Smith and Marius. Delivering body shots and facial strikes. The man has the best combos in the business. Not only does he have skills and heart, he entertains, and wins. He is the perfect trifecta of a MMA fighter. I can't wait to see who he fights next.
DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559
  • Post Score: 142

04.10.2011 | 8:53 PM ET

I mean, Im sure GSP would probably win via top control but....... I want to see Diaz vs GSP bad now!

"Grrr."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.11.2011 | 8:24 AM ET

Diego called out Nick... lol.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

04.11.2011 | 1:48 PM ET

diego calling out diaz is understandable...but REALLY dumb. diego "beat" kampmann by decision, and diaz just out struck the most powerful striker at 170....diego is going on his decision win over diaz....couple things wrong with that logic tho "dream"...after being ousted by the ufc, diaz has gone 14-1-1...the loss was a quik doctor stoppage, which he has avenged..and the no contest was crap...11 of his 14 wins have been via sub or ko....now, lets look at diego...every time he fights upper tier fighters, he get SMACKED UP...including against kampmann, which i STILL have in my dvr and STILL cant give 2 rounds to diego....STILL! the only fight i wanna see is diaz-gsp

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

RWLawman
RWLawman

04.11.2011 | 1:54 PM ET

Diaz over Sanchez.  GSP over Diaz.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia still denies PED use but says he fought Devin Haney while 'high as f*ck'
  • MMA Mania : Bare Knuckle Bonanza! BYB Acquires UK-Based BKB
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement