Topic: Other Sports

College football thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.04.2012 | 1:37 PM ET

55 days until the one of the countries best sports start. in the 2014 season we will have a 4 team playoff which is a step in the right direction. certain teams are moving to different conferences. last one is boise state has decided to leave the MWC and goto the big east conference. that will backfire on them. the travel alone will lose them a couple of games and those 12--1 seasons they enjoyed will disappear. they will never find another QB like Kellen Moore My team the Utah Utes will do very well this year. nothing less then a holiday bowl appearance vs the texas longhorns will do. it looks like US$ will start the season #1. we get them on october 4th and last years game came down to a blocked FG by the trojans. payback will be a ***** and i will be there live at Rice- Eccles stadium, 50,000 strong to watch the trojans fall from #1 and their championship hopes gone forever.

* Edited at 07.04.2012, 1:39 PM ET *

Responses Page 4

ourick76
ourick76
  • Predictions:  7,247  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  427
  • Post Score: 135

08.08.2012 | 1:30 PM ET

BOOOMER!!!!  Oklahoma Sooner representing in the NCAA Football Forum.

"I came here to do two things: drink some beer...and kick some ass...and I'm about out of beer!"

ourick76
ourick76
  • Predictions:  7,247  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  427
  • Post Score: 135

08.08.2012 | 1:31 PM ET

I think every Thursday we should all put in 3 locks of the week (handicap at the time).  Maybe make a contest out of it?  Everything is better with competition.

"I came here to do two things: drink some beer...and kick some ass...and I'm about out of beer!"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.08.2012 | 3:23 PM ET

i'll put point spreads up for the best ten games of the week. then anybody interested can take what they see. if anybody wants to add there favorite teams game that week they can put the  point spread on this thread too. thats fine too. we got either 124 or 125 teams in FBS. its i think 3 new members to the WAC conference and south alabama to the sun belt and Umass to MAC conference. not realy a contest. just pick your favs that week. first point spreads of the season come out in about a week in nevada.

* Edited at 08.08.2012, 3:24 PM ET *

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

08.10.2012 | 1:16 PM ET

The Honey Badger was dismissed from LSU...big blow to their defense!! 
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/10/dismissed-honey-badger-no-longer-an-lsu-tiger/

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

xxTank0019xx
xxTank0019xx
  • Predictions:  6,258  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,364
  • Post Score: 169

08.10.2012 | 1:18 PM ET

"2012 GIF AV Grand Prix "FAH Q" Award winner!"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.10.2012 | 1:23 PM ET

you even predicted it tank.  in more news jim mora, the coach of ucla said that the ucla campus is very safe cause we don't have murders one block form  our campus. he was referring to a usc incident that happened awhile ago. ucla sure knows how to pick those coaches. by far the most disappointing team in ncaa history. always high expectations and they fall flat 99% of the time.
xxTank0019xx
xxTank0019xx
  • Predictions:  6,258  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,364
  • Post Score: 169

08.10.2012 | 1:29 PM ET

well wolf it seems every year since ohh 2004 we've had nothing but probs at the running back position. example one year i think we went through 3 players due to injury. last year we lost marcus coker right before the bowl game due to him i guess "sexuallly assaulting" someone which turned out to be untrue from what i read. them lost our back up last year to injury and stupidity. the year before we lost Adam robinson. pretty much just stupid stuff and injuries hurts the iowa RB's it's getting old.

"2012 GIF AV Grand Prix "FAH Q" Award winner!"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.11.2012 | 9:03 AM ET

college football starts in 19 days.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.11.2012 | 6:11 PM ET

lane kiffin caught in another lie. he told the media he would not vote US$ preseason number 1. it was later found out he did just that. they also had a poll of who was the sleaziest coach today. mr kiffin came in second. i could see jim mora and lane kiffin get in a real fight this year.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.11.2012 | 6:13 PM ET

ucla has decided to start a redshirt freshman this year. my prediction is 6-6 or make that 6-7 cause ucla is not good in bowl games. i expect utah to at least make the holiday bowl where i hope texas can make it two years in a row there. its been a long time since these two schools met.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.12.2012 | 9:47 PM ET

college football will have a 4 game playoff starting in 2014. a step in the right direction. now the sec won't dominate as much. the sec is by far the most corrupt conference in college football.
WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

08.12.2012 | 9:49 PM ET

^^^It's ironic that the SEC is the most corrupt division because they are suppose to be devout and pious people, except they lie and cheat.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.12.2012 | 10:07 PM ET

whats even more troublesome is they funnel the money thru the churches to the players. cam newtons dad got money from the church. its really hard to prove that you got the money for your son and not some "so called help" from the church b/c your in need. the sec has been doing this since the 1920's. even most sec  blogs admit that.

* Edited at 08.12.2012, 10:07 PM ET *

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.17.2012 | 9:39 PM ET

august 30th wazzou getting 14.5 pts vs byu. its never a good idea to give mike leach this many points b/c with his kind of spread offense they can score alot of points. jeff tuel is a experience qb and has some weapons to throw too.

* Edited at 08.17.2012, 9:40 PM ET *

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.17.2012 | 9:56 PM ET

take akron getting 24.5 points at home vs central florida. the game wil be partly played at night and Akron has a new head coach and his name is terry bowden and he is used to winning..
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.17.2012 | 9:58 PM ET

i like navy and there triple option offense +16.5 vs notre dame. they have beaten nd straight up 2 times in last five years. they play this game in ireland too.

* Edited at 08.17.2012, 9:58 PM ET *

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.17.2012 | 10:16 PM ET

this one is taking a chance but i like michigan +12.5 points vs bama. what can i say i like denard robinson alot. two others are B.C over miami at home and this is a pick em game. boston college retuns almost the entrie team back while miami is rebuilding. and this game might be the best one. Kentucky getting 14.5 points vs louisville. these two teams have played it extremly close 4 of the last 5 years. the campus's are not that far apart. also might take a chance with wyoming who is improved +29 points vs texas.  wyoming has lost all 4 by an average of 24 points. i like wyomings dual threat QB. he can cause some problems for texas.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.18.2012 | 4:49 PM ET

12 days until college football  odds to win pac 12 championship game. usc -200// oregon+250// stanford 20/1 utah 25/1// cal 25/1// wahington 25/1/// the rest of the field 50/1
WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

08.18.2012 | 4:55 PM ET

Didn't Oregon get sanctioned for recruiting/giving money to players violations? If so USC has it in the bag and everyone should bet hard on them.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

KnockoutsRock21
KnockoutsRock21
  • Predictions:  17,407  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,011
  • Post Score: 251

08.18.2012 | 4:56 PM ET

USC will win national title

I think this is finally the year the SEC's reign ends. I'm not a southern cal fan but I think they will take it this year. Who do you guys have winning it all?

"Superman wears Chuck Liddell pajamas"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’
  • MMA Mania : Video: Cormier Saved By Security From Pereira Manhandling
  • Middle Easy : Paige VanZant Not Looking Past Fellow OnlyFans Star Elle Brooke: ‘I’m Gonna Get Ready For War’