Topic: Other Sports

College football thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.04.2012 | 1:37 PM ET

55 days until the one of the countries best sports start. in the 2014 season we will have a 4 team playoff which is a step in the right direction. certain teams are moving to different conferences. last one is boise state has decided to leave the MWC and goto the big east conference. that will backfire on them. the travel alone will lose them a couple of games and those 12--1 seasons they enjoyed will disappear. they will never find another QB like Kellen Moore My team the Utah Utes will do very well this year. nothing less then a holiday bowl appearance vs the texas longhorns will do. it looks like US$ will start the season #1. we get them on october 4th and last years game came down to a blocked FG by the trojans. payback will be a ***** and i will be there live at Rice- Eccles stadium, 50,000 strong to watch the trojans fall from #1 and their championship hopes gone forever.

* Edited at 07.04.2012, 1:39 PM ET *

Responses Page 2

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

07.26.2012 | 3:09 PM ET

If you cant beat them, I guess the next best thing is to hope the NCAA can help you beat them.  How did those sanctions hurt USC?  they didnt really at all, come out of the sanctions and are the preseason #1, lol.  The U will be the same way.  You cant kill some programs.  Expect a punishment more like Duh Ohio State, not U$C.

Utah is not beating USC for a while, you can bet that. LoL

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.26.2012 | 3:13 PM ET

@hdmex. sparty could have a good season is if andrew maxwell has a good year. you opened the season vs boise state and i hope you beat down those suckers. its august 31st. a friday and probably a national televised game. boise lost just about all there skill players and will never find another kellen moore. once they move to the big east they will be a medicore team most years. the travel alone will cost them a couple of wins. good luck.

Lopati
Lopati

07.26.2012 | 3:19 PM ET

yeah because Boise st didnt have good QBs before Kellen Moore, Zabransky and Dinwiddie immediately come to mind.  Everyone said the same thing when Dinwiddie left, but then came JZ after him some clown for a season then Moore.  Boise St will dominate that dog turd of a conference the Big East has become.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.26.2012 | 3:20 PM ET

miam's record per year  since 2006//  7-6, /./ 5-7 // 7-6 // 9-4 /  /7-6  //  and 6-6 last year. very medicore. another thing the acc has less BCS wins then the Mountain West Conference has and they have an auto bid to the bcs. quite frankly the acc sux and miami will suck for the next 7 or 8 years. lol. they had to take  a bowl ban last year so they could not even goto a bowl game. they are predicted to finish 5th in the coastal divsion. thats where they will reside for years. i guarantee utah will win a NCG before miami gets a sniff of one.

* Edited at 07.26.2012, 3:25 PM ET *

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.26.2012 | 3:21 PM ET

Boise St should have followed TCU to the Big 12

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.26.2012 | 3:24 PM ET

boise state does not have the academics or research center to get into either the pac-12 or big 12. quite frankly its a dumb school. only the big least took them to save there conference. plus everyone knows the blue smurf turf is good for 2 or 3 easy wins a year. there is already teams in the big east that want that advantage removed. we will see what happens. i have been to that stadium and its as blue as the sky. birds fly right into the "turf" b/c its soo blue.

* Edited at 07.26.2012, 3:27 PM ET *

Lopati
Lopati

07.26.2012 | 3:31 PM ET

Utah should worry about a Pac-12 championship game before they think NCG, lol.  They cant even win their own division and you are here talking about a national championship.  OKAY OKAY you win. lol

Lets look at Pro-Bowlers from Utah and compare that with Pro-Bowlers from THE U. Hell we can look at whatever you want and UTAH will never measure up to The U, lol.

Utah is known for putting Alex Smith in the NFL, lol.  Talk about a joke.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.26.2012 | 3:42 PM ET

alex smith had a great year last year. was not his problem that return man fumbled twice in his territory and lost the 49 ers the game vs the giants. oregon state will suck this year and thats where you live. corvallis. the glory days of the so called "u" are finished. you can watch the 30/30 series on espn and watch there glory days and there fall. your fav QB  barkley most likely gets hurt this year too. it happens all the time for players coming back for there senior sesaon. peace breax. : ~ }

* Edited at 07.26.2012, 3:44 PM ET *

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

07.26.2012 | 3:45 PM ET

3144 yards and 17 TDs is not great by any measure in the NFL unless comparing him to Tebow...Alex Smith had a great defense last year

* Edited at 07.26.2012, 3:46 PM ET *

Lopati
Lopati

07.26.2012 | 3:46 PM ET

and you live in Tahoe, what does location have to do with anything, lol.  Every preseason guide I read has Utah and Oregon St in the bottom, lol.  So I guess we will see you in the cellar, lol. 

AV bet Beavs-Utes lets do it.

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

07.26.2012 | 3:47 PM ET

He won't bet the av why waste the time!!

Lopati
Lopati

07.26.2012 | 3:54 PM ET

Bobby Petrino will take the bet unless he has no faith in the UTES, lol.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.26.2012 | 4:09 PM ET

i'll sig bet it. nobody gets the wolf. anything can happen in a football game. mainly turnovers. phil steele has them 3rd but we have beaten the bRuins badly the last two times. jim mora will be another failed coach there. i can make a case that ucla is the most disappointing team ever in FBS, division 1-a history. there always the potential team but fall flat 95% of the time.
Lopati
Lopati

07.26.2012 | 4:22 PM ET

Sig bets are for rookies.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.26.2012 | 4:33 PM ET

so says the blue toad. lol. wolf > toad
Lopati
Lopati

07.26.2012 | 4:35 PM ET

Frogs>wolf>toad

learn your genus'   Frogs and Toads are rather different.  Especially the kind of Frog I have in my avatar.  Beware the poison.

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

07.26.2012 | 9:22 PM ET

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

JF_Cntry
JF_Cntry
  • Predictions:  4,948  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  326
  • Post Score: 207

07.26.2012 | 10:31 PM ET

ROLL TIDE

"ROLL TIDE!"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.26.2012 | 10:43 PM ET

nice to see some support for college football. can't wait till 2014 and we have a 4 team playoff.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.26.2012 | 10:49 PM ET

my predictions on pac-12 standings. the south. 1. university of utah

2. usc

3. zona

4. colorado

5. ucla

6. zona state

the north                                                                       1. oregon

2. caL

3. the huskies

4. wazzou

5. the cardinal

6. the beavers, osu

completely unbiased and utah beats oregon 35 -31 and heads to the Rose Bowl and wins their third different BCS bowl in school history and increases the bowl win % to highest in the nation.                                                          

* Edited at 07.26.2012, 10:51 PM ET *

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : WWE Superstar MVP Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation