Topic: Carlos Condit

Carlos Condit Sitting out for almost a Year (Video)

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

kaonohiokala
kaonohiokala
  • Predictions:  2,496  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  206
  • Post Score: 109

06.02.2012 | 4:06 PM ET

Every time a high-ranking welterweight bout occurs, the fact that Carlos Condit refuses to defend his belt is once again shoved in front of us.  I found this interesting video that was worth a good watch.

Also,

"E momole aku ana i Keka‘a ka ua nahua."

"The Natural Born Killer" Carlos Condit

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Carlos Joseph Condit
  • Pro MMA Record: 32-14-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Natural Born Killer
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: July 10, 2021 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 171.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Jackson Wink MMA
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,483,500 USD
  • Born: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
  • Fighting out of: Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • Head Coach: Greg Jackson
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Dakej
Dakej
  • Predictions:  2,722  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,066
  • Post Score: 201

06.02.2012 | 5:13 PM ET

I'm disappointed that Carlos isn't defending, but this is kinda biased.

Your video was careful to only show clips where Condit was losing or getting hit, but the Kampmann fight was a razor close decision loss.  The Ellenberger fight was close as well.  Against Diaz everyone criticized his gameplan, but he used movement and kicks to, I think, win a clear decision.  Condit almost always finishes his opponents, and is an exciting fighter despite his current absence.

I hope he gets off the bench soon and breaks some faces again.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

06.02.2012 | 6:06 PM ET

Condit is really pissing me off tbh. Hes wreckign the WW division! GSP is hurt, he has no choice, but Condit is in full health and should be fending considering the division is in one giant cluster**** right now. A real fighter who belives they can be the best would not be afraid to risk the shot, prove yourself. He beat Nick Diaz in a fight in which he got alot of **** for, he should have atleast 1 defense to show hes RALLY legit. Dana should make him defend atleast ONCE imo. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.02.2012 | 7:01 PM ET

no different then maynard and that baby edgar. i cant wait til smooth smashes that guy.and finishes him in  the 2nd or 3rd round.
Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

06.02.2012 | 7:03 PM ET

I agree with you @Wolf... so damn annoying... I hope the fight is over w/ quickly.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

kaonohiokala
kaonohiokala
  • Predictions:  2,496  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  206
  • Post Score: 109

06.03.2012 | 1:10 AM ET

@ Dakej: That's kind of the point of the video.  The target audience of that video (hardcore MMA fans) most likely knows enough about the situation to understand what was happening.

"E momole aku ana i Keka‘a ka ua nahua."

Kalibo
Kalibo

06.03.2012 | 1:16 AM ET

He lost that Ellenberger fight.... I did score that against him... flame away...

Oh... Rory destroyed him...couldn't get an extra 10 seconds.. just trying to make waves... don't down me :)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Dakej
Dakej

06.03.2012 | 1:21 AM ET

Rory destroyed Condit like Chael destroyed Anderson.  He dominated, but didn't win.

* Edited at 06.03.2012, 1:25 AM ET *

Kalibo
Kalibo

06.03.2012 | 1:27 AM ET

You are correct @Dake... good analogy.

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

06.03.2012 | 2:00 AM ET

Thank you Dakej. Best post of the night!!

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

06.03.2012 | 2:11 AM ET

I don't get why people are down on Condit. It's a stupid interim belt so who cares? It's not a matter of being afraid to lose, it's a chance of losing the opportunity to fight(and beat) possibly the greatest UFC champion to date.
I'd much rather sit out a year and wait till I got to fight the true champion than take a fight just to legitimize my interim status. Especially if it's GSP that I'm fighting.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Dakej
Dakej

06.03.2012 | 2:15 AM ET

Yeah, I absolutely get why he's doing it.  It's just a little disappointing, and frustrating that it's clogging the division.  Basically why create an interim belt at all if you're not going to have it defended?
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,991  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

06.03.2012 | 3:06 AM ET

I believe the hype, and Carlos Condit is a warrior !!! He will take on those fights after he beats GSP in November....

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

06.03.2012 | 3:15 AM ET

How is he clogging up the division. The guy earned his title shot, and he is gonna wait until GSP is 100%. This fight will be the biggest fight of his life, and he will collect the biggest check pay check in his career. You people can sit here, and ***** and complain about it, but if it was you, you would do the same thing.

"3HUNNA"

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

06.03.2012 | 3:24 AM ET

If he beats GSP in GSP's first fight back it will be a  tainted victory. If he wants to beat GSP, he should let GSP take a fight before they fight so he can test out his knee and be confident in it.  

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

TraeBlack
TraeBlack

06.03.2012 | 3:30 AM ET

So now GSP has to defend his belt against somebody that that isnt the number 1 contender, or a win over him will be tainted for Condit?

GSP: Hey Condit, its my first fight back from my injury, let me get a warm up fight first, then you get your shot....

Is this what you mean?

as late as it is where i live, that gave me a good laugh, well not really...

"3HUNNA"

Lopati
Lopati

06.03.2012 | 3:38 AM ET

Yeah, beating a guy that has been inactive for nearly 2 years by the time they fight and coming off knee surgery in his first fight back is not that impressive to me. 

Is it the most advantageous time to fight GSP? Yes it is, but it is also the easiest to justify as a loss for GSP.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,991  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

06.03.2012 | 3:40 AM ET

@Lopati I have no doubt if he really beats GSP's ass, that the UFC gives GSP a rematch for the title. Also have to agree with Traeblack here. Calling for another Hardy or Shields title fight for GSP is the last thing that seems right.Reality is Condit already fought guys like Elllenberger, Kampmann, Diaz or Rory. GSP fought none of those guys, to give him another fight he can easily win makes no sense...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

TraeBlack
TraeBlack

06.03.2012 | 3:42 AM ET

These guys make the choice to fight. Injuries happen, its apart of MMA. So dont sit there and tell me "GSP needs a warm up fight before he can defend his title again". Because he is coming off a injury. If he needs a warm up, then he should vacate the title, and start from the bottom. Interim belts are a joke, they dont mean ****. GSP has the real belt, and thats what Condit wants.

"3HUNNA"

Lopati
Lopati

06.03.2012 | 4:05 AM ET

All I am saying is beating a guy after a long layoff doesn't hold a lot of water.

I agree GSP should have been stripped, but also Condit hanging out all ******* year is just as much of a travesty to the system. If you're the interim title holder you should fight within 6 months of winning your title.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.03.2012 | 5:47 AM ET

gsp should be stripped of the title b/c quite frankly he will not be fighting till the end of the year which makes it at least 18 + months of inactivity. ask shane del rosario what happens after that long of inactivity plus numerous other fighters. thiago alves was out a long time once and lost. the list is long and full of fighters who lost.

* Edited at 06.03.2012, 5:48 AM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef