Topic: Nate Diaz

Come join us... (Why You Should Forgot About Nick and Appreciate Nate)

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.13.2012 | 11:41 AM ET

Face it everyone. Nick Diaz won't ever meet expectations because he's too weak of a person. He's very talented but he continues screwing people over. And this time, not only did he screw over his opponent and the "promotion", but he screwed over a children's hospital. When does this stop? There was no reason for him to skip out on the match, Braulio Estima showed up on weight that very morning. Here's some details about it in this video, an interview of Braulio Estima:

Estima was pissed, with reason. There was no reason for Nick to not show up, there's only one logical explanation I could think of; he was scared, homie. As for people calling Estima unprofessional and a ***** for not fighting Robert Drysdale, the Estima-Diaz camps agreed to change the fight to 185 lbs (Estima apparently meant 85 kilos but he still weighed in at 185) and Estima made the weight in the morning. Nick Diaz had AGREED to this change, it wasn't a surprise like most people suggested. As for the Drysdale-Estima fight, Drysdale's like 20 pounds bigger than Estima. Why the **** would Estima want to fight him when he specifically agreed to fght Nick?

Now on to the topic of the thread title, why should the MMA community forget about Nick and start to love Nate? Why is Nick Diaz the third most loved fighter in all of Tapology while Nate is "just" 11th? People love Nick because he's a scrapper, he fights like his life depends on it. He's got an amazing style of boxing mixed with his slick GJJ. People love Nick because Nick just doesn't give a ****, he's a rebel. People love him 'cause he smokes pot, and because he's completely unfiltered and he's just a real person wherever he is. People love Nick's taunts while he fights and they love his world class ability. 

Now Nate Diaz is ALSO a scrapper who fights with his life and his style is pretty much a carbon copy of Nick's (with slighty inferior boxing and superior jiu-jitz). He's also unfiltered, but not to the point where he refuses to show it in front of cameras. He doesn't give a **** and he's a rebel, but it's not to the point where he will screw over his fans that watch him fight all the time. He smokes pot but not to the point where it consumes his life and career (Nick once said that fighting gets in the way of his marijuana). He's real and he says what he wants and taunts and ****, but he also shows respect to anyone that shows him the very same. He flipped off Jim Miller and then told everyone to buy his shirt because it'll raise money for his nephew. The sole reason why people forget about Nate is because of his lack of "world-class ability". Well say that no more, Nate Diaz has now proven to be an elite fighter. 

There is absolutely no reason why you should like Nick anymore. Nate Diaz is what everyone always wanted Nick to be, now start loving Nate by putting him on your favorite lists and get rid of Nick. Nate should have more fans because he is everything that his brother is, but better.

Your thoughts?

"الله أكبرl"

Nate Diaz

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Nathan Donald Diaz
  • Pro MMA Record: 21-13-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: September 10, 2022 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 171.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,081,000 USD
  • Born: Stockton, California, United States
  • Fighting out of: Stockton, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

RazelThePhoenix
RazelThePhoenix
  • Predictions:  1,019  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 109

05.13.2012 | 11:55 AM ET

I never really liked the diaz brothers period, but just the way nick is acting makes me sick, who goes as far as to look good as to say, oh i will give my purse to charity, but then never show up to a fight or complain about a decision or never show up for press meetings, he needs to grow up like his little brother Nate, at least he shows up to fight and is actually committed
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

05.13.2012 | 12:03 PM ET

It's hard to put your finger on whatever it is that makes a fighter a star or a draw, but Nick just has more of it than Nate does.  Nick is more compelling and everyone wants to watch him. Nate is interesting but he seems to lack the same star power. 

"I live, I die, I live again."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.13.2012 | 4:41 PM ET

bump

"الله أكبرl"

OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

05.13.2012 | 6:51 PM ET

I think part of the reason for Nick's popularity over Nate's is in large part due to the fact that Nick is such a head case compared to Nate.  People like watching car crashes.

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.14.2012 | 12:00 AM ET

this was on a facebook account shared by the Diaz brothers, I don't know if it's true, but if  it were I understand that he choose not to fight, but I think he ****** up when he didn't inform Braulio, that showed disrespect, even if the guy didn't made weight......I don't know if that's true though

DIAZ BROTHERS
Hace 20 horas a través de su celular Promoter fails to donate the money to charity as agreed. (shady) Promoter changes rules for weigh ins to accommodate fellow Brazilian
Match ain't happening Ver traducción https://www.facebook.com/DiazBrothers?ref=ts

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

05.14.2012 | 12:14 AM ET

Wasn't Cesar Gracie one of the promoters...?

Even if he wasn't, I would think Nick would be kind of guy that would walk out in front of everyone and say "F*** this promoter guy, he isn't donating the money to charity" in order to oust him.

* Edited at 05.14.2012, 12:18 AM ET *

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

05.14.2012 | 12:19 AM ET

Renzo was the promoter I believe.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

05.14.2012 | 12:24 AM ET

one of the Gracie's was the promoter but can't remember which

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011
  • Predictions:  17,099  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,674
  • Post Score: 177

05.14.2012 | 12:53 AM ET

@wish it was Renzo

"The only way to guarantee failure is by giving up" Frank Mir

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

05.14.2012 | 1:11 AM ET

wow thumb down for posting a news about diaz.... 

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

05.14.2012 | 1:12 AM ET

Nick went on Youtube last night and "liked" that video.  THEY SEE ME TROLLIN'! THEY HATIN'!

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

05.14.2012 | 1:17 AM ET

@Anik Is there any evidence of Nate having superior jitz?  I'll never forget the SICK gogo Nick pulled off on Gomi (my favorite MMA fight).  I always thought Nick earned his black belt quicker and was therefore the superior grappler.

* Edited at 05.14.2012, 1:39 AM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Rankings Report | Week of May 13, 2024
  • UFC.com : Fighters On The Rise | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • MMA Junkie : Newcomer steps into UFC Fight Night 241 on four days' notcie
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko proves class is permanent and Fury vs Usyk fight week lands
  • MMA Mania : Topuria: ‘I Already Have A Date For UFC Spain’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cherneka ‘Sugar Neekz’ Johnson reacts to ring announcer’s massive viral error
  • MMA Mania : Video: Shredded sumo wrestler shows size doesn’t matter, dumps 500-pound opponent
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241 pre-event facts: Is Fight of the Night record holder Edson Barboza poised for another $50,000?
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Too Old For This’
  • MMAFighting.com : Ian Machado Garry claims he’s agreed to Michael Page fight, targets UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Is Murphy Ready For A Step Up?
  • Middle Easy : Photo: Mateusz Rebecki Unveils Horrifying Facial Injuries Following UFC St. Louis Loss To Diego Ferreira
  • MMA Junkie : Deontay Wilder fears Mike Tyson could get 'hit into a coma' against Jake Paul
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White addresses future of UFC APEX cards, ‘f*cking masterpiece’ planned for Sphere
  • MMA Mania : UFC Paris Official For Sept. 28
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Trey Waters, Sean Woodson, Recap Of UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs Nascimento
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Bader To Play A Role In Mark Kerr Movie Starring The Rock
  • Middle Easy : Aljamain Sterling Will ‘Bet His Life Savings’ On Himself Against Sean O’Malley In Rematch
  • MMA Junkie : Darren Till belittles 'Dumbo' Mike Perry's successful run in BKFC
  • Bad Left Hook : Mayweather vs Ortiz exhibition rematch reportedly planned for Aug. 24