Tapology Forums

Dana White and the Right Hand of God

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

04.19.2012 | 11:14 PM ET

There is a line from scripture that says, "As a man soweth, so shall he reap".  So it is happening to President Dana White.  He has so screwed Jon Fitch that the long arm of God has come down from on high, and sought to wreck havoc with Dana White business.  The UFC.  

Ever since Dana and Joe Silva matched Fitch with Jonny Hendricks, the UFC has gone to Hell in a hurry.  Whenever a boss tries to undermine his employee's career, it backfires and blows up in his face.  Ever since King Divid sent Bathsheba's husband to the front lines to be killed in battle, big guys have run into trouble.

Before your jaws hit the ground, hear me out.  The argument is compelling.  One day, the UFC is riding high, on top of the world, and in very short order, everything seems to go wrong.  Murphy's Law on steroids is a good way to describe the Law of Karma.  Karma is a ***** and it's biting President Dana White hard in the ass.

Jon Fitch was coming off an injury and the top guys were all matched up.  So, instead of waiting for someone to come available, they matched him with a no-name newcomer, who hadn't earned the second best WW.  Never mind Fitch got knocked out.  That doesn't mean the match should have been made.  They could have waited for an appropriate contender, like Hughes, Shields, rematch with Penn, etc.  But no.  They screwed him.

Now, Hendricks gets Koscheck, Fitch gets - Aaron Simpson?  No.  I don't think so.  Just as inappropriate as Hendricks was.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-fitch-welcomes-aaron-simpson-to-the-welterweight-division

I said at the time that if the UFC didn't give Fitch an appropriate contender, shame on them and Karma would soon go to work.  And, it has!  Big Time!  HUGE!  MASSIVE REPRISALS!

The Long Arm of God has reached down and screwed Dana White to the Wall.  It took his cash cow, Brock Lesnar, off the chessboard.  It then removed GSP for an extended period.  The 2 big draws.  But the Law of Karma was just getting started with gutting Dana White's business.  

It took Anderson Silva out of commission for a long period.  It took BJ Penn off the chessboard.  Then Nick Diaz.  So many of the best, most amazing fighters for a long time were suddenly old and fighting badly.  Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Cro-Cop, Wanderlei Silva, Tito Ortiz.  One day Forrest Griffin is great, the next day he is sluggish and listless.  

It's one thing to have a slump.  Injuries happen.  Part of sports.  But to have so many things go wrong?  Bad timing, missed opportunities?  Dana took the Brock Lesnar news in stride, obviously because he wrongly anticipated Alistar Overeem replacing him as a cash cow.  But now, even he is in question.

President White can turn it around.  If I were Frank Fertilla, I'd tell Dana to make it right with Jon Fitch.  Scrub the Simpson fight, and match Fitch with Matt Hughes.  Or Jake Shields.  Tell BJ that if he wants to come back, he has to finish his business with Fitch in a 5-rounder.  Make things right.  Do the right thing.

There still is time for the UFC to hit new highs.  When GSP is ready to come back around November, schedule on the same card, a rematch between Velasquez/JDS, and a fight between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva.  With those 3 killer superfights, the UFC might hit between 1M - 1.3M PPV buys.  Three times the pop as the usual fare.

But unless Dana White fixes his attempted destruction and undermining of Fitch's career, it will all go awry.  When a man is on a downward spiral of negative karma, nothing seems to go right.  When the water is spilling over the sink, turn off the spigot before you start mopping the floor.

This year, the UFC hardly got over 600,000 PPV buys.  Sounds like karma to me.
Turn around, Dana.  Change your evil ways.  The sad part is that if the UFC goes down, it will take MMA down with it and a lot of wonder fighters.  They worked too hard to come to such a unjustified fate.

I realize this post will set a record for the most down arrows, but I just don't care anymore.

* Edited at 04.19.2012, 11:58 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses Page 9

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.03.2012 | 1:41 PM ET

Ha ha ha ha!  Rolling on the floor, breaking up!!!  Have any of your friends called you a character, AnikM?  
Too bad they don't have open mike night at comedy clubs in Montreal.  You'd be a natural!
You're funny as all hell!

* Edited at 06.03.2012, 1:42 PM ET *

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

06.03.2012 | 1:43 PM ET

Cue the music for Anik and Bill.

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

06.03.2012 | 9:34 PM ET

maybe everyone has free will, and a lot of what happens is an unpredictable result of all of us as free agents sharing space. In other words, not everything that happens is God's doing, because we all can do things too. That's how come bad stuff happens. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.06.2012 | 3:12 AM ET

To bring definition to this thread, I thought I'd lay out the case.

September 12, 2011 - Dana White confirms that verbal agreements had been made between Jon Fitch to fight Johny Hendricks at UFC 141.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-fitch-returns-to-face-johny-hendricks-at-ufc-141 

September 11, 2011 - Anderson Silva shoulder injury likely to keep him sidelined until early 2012.
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/9/11/2419369/anderson-silva-shoulder-injury-likely-to-keep-him-sidelined-until

October 29, 2011 - Following his loss to Nick Diaz, BJ Penn announces his retirement from MMA.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/10/29/2524168/ufc-137-results-b-j-penn-retires-nick-diaz

December 7, 2011 - GSP's ACL injury causes him to pull out of UFC 143.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/973800-ufc-143-gsp-injured-why-georges-stpierre-vs-nick-diaz-will-never-happen

December 30, 2011 - Brock Lesnar loses ot Alistair Overeem and announces his retirement from MMA.
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/7406718/brock-lesnar-retires-first-round-loss-alistair-overeem-ufc-141

February 9, 2012 - Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/post/2012-02-09/nick-diaz-tests-positive-for-marijuana/624163/1

April 4, 2012 - Alistair Overeem tests positive for elevated testosterone levels.
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/4/2926055/alistair-overeem-tests-positive-ufc-146-junior-dos-santos

May 19, 2012 - Jon Jones arrested for crashing his car due to DUI.
http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/19/jon-jones-ufc-arrested-dui/

My premise is that while it is expected that injuries happen from time to time, the above are not all injuries, but unlikely happenings that all came down in a very compressed time-frame.  

And to dramatize this unbelievable run of events, is that before the scheduling of the Fitch/Hendricks fight, the UFC was on a hot streak.  A roll of unbelievable good events.  Behold the contrast!

March 12, 2011 - UFC buys Strikeforce.
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/13/2048352/ufc-buys-strikeforce-a-complete-merger-is-the-only-move-that-makes 

May 9, 2011 - UFC offers its fighters historic, great health insurance coverage.  Including out-of-competion coverage.
http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4598:some-notes-about-ufcs-historic-health-insurance-coverage-for-fighters&catid=34:organizations

August 16, 2011 - UFC inks 7-year Fox TV deal.
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2011/08/16/Media/UFC.aspx 

Between 2008 and 2010, the UFC drew over 1M PPVs 6 times.  Hasn't come close since.  And it TUF ratings numbers have also plummeted.  

Karma or coincidence?  You decide.

* Edited at 06.06.2012, 4:23 AM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.06.2012 | 9:59 AM ET

For some who don't know the background, here are some background details.

November 20, 2008 - Jon Fitch is released from the UFC for his reluctance to sign a lifetime contract, allowing his name and likeness to be used in video game.  Fitch did sign a licensing agreement and was reinstated to the UFC within 24 hours.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2008/11/20/jon-fitch-released-by-ufc-over-likeness-rights

June 1, 2011 - Jon Fitch says, "I will ony fight current or former champs".
http://www.mmaconvert.com/2011/06/01/sorry-rick-story-jon-fitch-only-wants-to-fight-georges-st-pierre-or-bj-penn/

It is my belief that this is where UFC President Dana White lost his perspective and lost his way.  He didn't appreciate Jon Fitch asserting himself.  In my humble opinion, this is the moment that Dana White started to develop a most personal, negative and inappropriate attitude towards Jon Fitch.  

Up until then, Fitch had fought without a word, whoever they put in front of him.  For him to ask for top, elite contenders insulted Dana White.  Dana wouldn't put up with that level of independence or insubordination from any of his independent contractors.  

So, in effect, that is when Dana decided to send Fitch a message, spank him, take him to the woodshed.  When Fitch was cleared to resume training on August 15, 2011, most of the top WWs were already matched up.  The normal thing to do is bide your time, await developments and wait for an appropriate contender to become available.

That is where Dana White broke with the script.  Instead of being patient and waiting, he took advantage of his position and told Fitch that no one else was available but Johny Hendricks.  Fitch should have said, "Thanks, Dana, but no thank you.  That is not appropriate."  

But by this time, Fitch is so cowed by Dana, so intimidated, that he succumbs to the pressure and takes the fight.  By his reasoning, if he doesn't play ball, the next fight offered to him might be a no-name newcomer, in his first fight in the UFC.  

August 18, 2011 - "I'll fight whoever the UFC tells me right now."  Dana immediately matched him with a non-top 20 fighter, Johny Hendricks.
http://www.xtremecoutureclothing.com/2011/08/jon-fitch-changes-his-tune-will-fight-whoever-ufc-tells-me-right-now/ 

* Edited at 06.06.2012, 10:20 AM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.06.2012 | 10:11 AM ET

There seems to be an undercurrent of scepticism in thinking that a Divine Power would hurt a person for so little an infraction.  I beg to differ and offer a comparison.  Hopefully a colorful and entertaining comparison.

King David of Israel did a lot to please God.  He began by slaying the giant Goliath.  But a time came when King David got too full of himself and he incurred Divine Intervention.

King David lusted after a married woman named Bathsheba.  The King sent her husband into battle and assigned him to the front lines.  The husband was killed in battle and King David was free to enjoy the wife to his heart's content.  King David abused his position, because he could.  He probably thought himself most clever in his strategy.  

But you can fool man but you can't fool the Higher Power.  God punished King David.  The King introduced corruption into the Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom fell.  God punished all of The Chosen People because the leader had become corrupted.  But the Hand of God is patient.  After King David, King Solomon ruled and that was the end of the Historic country of Israel.

If God can punish his Chosen People so severely, so all of MMA can be punished for the sins of the leader.  The Kingdom of Israel only existed for about 80 years due to mistakes of the leaders.  

King Dana would be wise to remember King David.  The Hand of God is patient but it sees everything.

* Edited at 06.06.2012, 10:12 AM ET *

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

06.06.2012 | 11:41 AM ET

We are in the New Testament now. Entirely different dynamic between God and Man. 

Russello
Russello

06.06.2012 | 11:45 AM ET

@Bill Really? I mean REALLY? Dana White didn't give someone a second title shot and you're comparing him to King David?! I will not criticise your beliefs further, as it would entirely stupid for me to try and disprove it as there is no-way I can. Since I can't see proof though, I'll sit on the fence :P If I go to heaven and have a chat with God and he mentions Dana White being a bellend, I will think of you fondly ;P

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

06.06.2012 | 12:18 PM ET

Well the UFC just got a legend back, maybe the curse ended
buffalo ben
buffalo ben

06.06.2012 | 2:37 PM ET

I understand that not everyone is a Christian, and I am not trying to convince anyone or change your minds, but i think its pretty uncool of you to downvote me just because I am a Christian. 

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.06.2012 | 3:03 PM ET

I rather call it karma, but Dana it´s surely paying for all the "personal decisions" he´s made instead of being "bussines decisions"

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,526  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,804
  • Post Score: 180

06.06.2012 | 3:03 PM ET

I like how you changed your argument Bill. You know because in your original post YOU said it started after Fitch didn't get his title shot for beating Alves (again) (by decision....again) and I listed some good things that had happened to the UFC, cheif among them being the purchase of SF, and NOW you change it up to start the curse AFTER that.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.06.2012 | 4:26 PM ET

I still go by MY original argument.

Dana White is getting sodomized by injuries because of two reasons) the UFC screwing over elite fighters with less appeal like Jon Fitch and b)he's created mismatches so bad that he's dangering a human's wellbeing. He'll need to stop doing both and THEN karma will be restored and the injuries will end.

Right Hand of God is here to **** **** up, in the name of Jon Fitch.

"الله أكبرl"

Russello
Russello

06.06.2012 | 4:32 PM ET

DANA WHITE HAS AN INSANE AMOUNT OF WEALTH, RUNS ONE OF THE FASTEST GROWING SPORTS TOP COMPANIES AND COULD RETIRE NOW AND LIVE EASILY FOREVER.

WHERE IS THE KARMA?!

edit: rawr rawr rawr caps
rawr rawr rawr rawwwwwwwwwwr
(i wasn't shouting btw :P)

* Edited at 06.06.2012, 4:40 PM ET *

Anik
Anik

06.06.2012 | 4:57 PM ET

all of his UFC events are getting ****** up and he's losing money and we're losing the opportunity to see great fights.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.06.2012 | 10:35 PM ET

When the Alves/Fitch fight was announced as a first contender fight, I thought that was interesting.  But then Dana broke his promise and refused to give the winner the shot.  That wasn't nice, but I took it in stride.

Then they gave Fitch the BJ fight and it ended up a majority draw.  And then Fitch got injured in his shoulder and was not cleared medically to resume training until August 16, 2011.  It is not my argument that that broken promise triggered the Big Curse.  I think the Curse wasn't triggered until Dana White offered Fitch Hendricks, who wasn't even Top 20 at that moment.  It was an insult.

Fitch should have waited for a more appropriate match, but he was so intimidated by Dana that he suckered into it.

THAT is when I believe all the **** hit the karmic fans.  September 12, 2011, when the verbal agreements were made.

June 6, 2012 - Now we hear that Brian Stann is injured.
http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_13536.shtml

May 30, 2012 - Alan Belcher injured.  Out of UFC 147 fight with Wanderlei Silva.
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/5/30/3052535/injury-alan-belcher-wanderlei-silva-ufc-147

I like Dana White.  Always have.  His passion, endless energy, willingness to travel contantly to advance MMA is awesome.  But just like King David who did a lot for Israel and God, it doesn't take much for the long arm of karma to shift into gear.

I want Dana to right his moral compass, and stop making these mistakes.  The lesson is that even very good people can make terrible mistakes.  And when they do, they can be costly.  Dana White is an example of a very good man who is making some very serious and costly errors of judgment.  He may not even be aware of his actions and motives.  It's easy to fool yourself.  

I have given up on Jon Fitch getting another title shot.  I think the Big Curse would end if he were to simply be given top contenders.  If he got Penn rematch, Hendricks rematch, Condit, Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald, etc., that would be enough.  Just my opinion.  

* Edited at 06.06.2012, 10:37 PM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.06.2012 | 10:44 PM ET

Another example of the UFC treating a top fighter unfairly.  

Gilbert Melendez signed an extended contract with Strikeforce before the UFC bought SF.  Dana White now claims that that contract is sacrosanct and why they can't bring Gilbert over to the UFC!  What absurdity is this?

Zuffa owns that Strikeforce contract.  Zuffa can release Gilbert from it if they choose.  So, why do they allow a good man to languish in a decomposing promotion without adequate competition?  Why?

A fighter has a short shelf life and his prime goes by in a blink.  One can get injured at any time.  This is the sort of convenient alibi that the UFC brass hide behind.  Very morally dishonest.  

If the UFC were to release Gilbert from his Strikeforce contract and bring him to the UFC LW division, it would help the sport, and help the UFC.  Gilbert is on record as wanting to jump over.  This is the kind of behavior that triggers the Law of Karma, and no one needs this low grade of BS to hold things back.  

Anik
Anik

06.06.2012 | 10:45 PM ET

they can't bring Gilbert to the UFC. Who the ****'s gonna main event Showtime cards, Pat Healy?

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.06.2012 | 10:46 PM ET

@buffalo ben  You are not only a Christian, but a splendid Christian who lives by his beliefs.  You've befriended me since I arrived here and always impressed me as a moral, ethical man who is a beacon of integrity.  I up-arrowed you, as I often do!

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.06.2012 | 10:49 PM ET

Showtime cards?  Strikeforce is rotting and the vultures are flying lazy circles above it.  Why prolong its death agony?
Its been gutted and raided to death.  Why is Zuffa carrying a promotion that must be losing money?  If making money is their mantra, they have made it impossible for Strikeforce to make a good profit.

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Darren Till plans to spend 2 years boxing, then head back to MMA: ‘I’m going to win a UFC title’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall thinks Oleksandr Usyk beat Tyson Fury 'fair and square,' wants to see rematch
  • MMA Mania : Hardy Eats Samoan Sleeper, Nearly Falls Through Ropes
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor predicts Dustin Poirier knocks out Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Tom Aspinall ‘putting it all on the line’ in ‘lose-lose’ matchup against Curtis Blaydes
  • Jits Magazine : Incredible Lineup Announced For EBI 21: The Absolutes
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-UFC heavyweight Greg Hardy goes limp into ropes in KO loss
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘Ruthless’ In BKFC?
  • MMA Junkie : Full fight video: Jon Jones puts Lyoto Machida out cold at UFC 140
  • Bad Left Hook : IBF orders Cacace to face mandatory challenger Nunez
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Hard To Deny The Activity’
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad vows to 'do everyone a favor' and dethrone 'coward' Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Want To Fight With Pantoja!’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Paige VanZant, Elle Brooke face off at MF & DAZN: X Series 15 press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he filed lawsuit against Ryan Garcia over Prime Hydration
  • Middle Easy : Henry Cejudo Expects ‘Long Haul’ Before UFC Title Fight, Why That Starts With Rob Font
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren convinced Conor McGregor is jealous of Khabib Nurmagomedov: 'No money can make up for that'
  • MMA Mania : Watch BROADENED HORIZIN — Feat. Horiguchi And Pettis
  • MMAFighting.com : Oleksandr Usyk set to portray PRIDE legend alongside ‘The Rock’ in Mark Kerr biopic
  • Middle Easy : Former Champ Jamahal Hill Draws New Opponent In UFC 303 Co-Main Event