Tapology Forums

Why do people have such a Hate on for Jon Jones

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

blapthorne
blapthorne
  • Predictions:  10,357  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  272
  • Post Score: 63

04.01.2012 | 4:36 PM ET

Ok so I'm new to the forum world, but I see an overwhelming outflow of Hate for current UFC LH Champion Jon Jones... 

Why does everyone seem to HATE Jone Jones?

Comments...

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed. - Stephen King"

Responses Page 7

Curbsideprophet
Curbsideprophet
  • Predictions:  463  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 187

04.03.2012 | 4:49 PM ET

I can't speak for other memebers but most of my hate for Jon Jones comes from him being a complete fake. I can't stand when people pretend to be modest, especially when their ego leaks out from time to time.

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." -Bruce Lee

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman
  • Predictions:  296  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  315
  • Post Score: 139

04.03.2012 | 4:56 PM ET

I also think another thing that makes it harder to people to like him is that there has been no adversity in his career thus far. To say so and so "came back" from something to achieve something is a likeable story. Jon Jones gets DQ'ed against Hammil, treated as if he didn't break the rules, then steps in as a late replacement in a championship fight.  

"I'll kill you! I'll kill you to death!"

collegecombat
collegecombat
  • Predictions:  823  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 121

04.03.2012 | 4:58 PM ET

He's probably my second favorite fighter now that Lesnar retired. If you look at all great champions they all have that certain air about them. I don't think he's fake at all, I think he's just smartly toning himself down. He had the best year in MMA ever and is in my opinion the best fighter on the planet.

He's done this in few years of training and is still only 24. He knows how good he is and what he's capable of, but if he went out and said that he'd project an image people would definitely hate. He's confident, and rightly so, but in my opinion he's doing his best to stay humble.

"No Thorns, No Throne" Check out CollegeCombat.me!

Curbsideprophet
Curbsideprophet
  • Predictions:  463  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 187

04.03.2012 | 6:09 PM ET

@Collegecombat "He's had the best year in MMA ever" 

-Shogun's 2005 Pride Middleweight GP run disagrees with you.

* Edited at 04.03.2012, 6:10 PM ET *

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." -Bruce Lee

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

04.03.2012 | 6:19 PM ET

Beating Bader, Shogun, Rampage, and Machida I would say is harder especially since Arona has just gone 15 brutal minutes with Wanderlei Silva while Shogun quickly dispacted Overeem making him MUCH fresher for the final.

I'm not trying to make Shogun's run sound bad, but I think Jone's edges him out on the fact that he defeated 3 former champs (who have proven to be the best fighters in their division for a LONG time) + a top 10 ranked fighter who were all fresh. I'm still amazed Shogun was able to survive and beat Lil Nog he was hit with a HUGE bomb.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

04.03.2012 | 6:36 PM ET

But the Shogun and Rampage that Jones fought were not the same ones that won the titles. Shogun looked terrible, and would have lost to Rashad should he have made that fight. He never does well coming off of surgery. And as much as I love Rampage, he's hasn't used his brain all that much inside of his fights in the past couple of years, minus the Machida fight. He just stared at both Rashad and Jones just waiting to counter, instead of actually DOING anything. 

And you can't knock Shogun for going in there, knowing he would have to fight twice that night should he win, and doing what needed to be done. All fighters in the GP knew what they were up against. 

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

04.03.2012 | 6:49 PM ET

@wish and @captain both make great points and i am a shogun fan and a jones hater.

Jones had an amazing run so far, and did to the guys he faced what no one had previously done to them.  I cant stand the ****y delusional jones but i think his run edges out shoguns now.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Godzilla
Godzilla
  • Predictions:  838  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 219

04.04.2012 | 12:59 AM ET

I don't see him as ****y.  Just confident.  I think all of you would be too if you had beat the guys he has.  Also take into consideration his age. Some of you may be that young but for those who are older, try and imagine how you would've been in his shoes.  I love his story and am just enjoying the fights he gives us.  I'm a Jones fan. He's definitely in my top 3!

"Every man dies - Not every man really lives."

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

04.04.2012 | 1:09 AM ET

But he's always been that ****y. Even after elbowing Bonnar in the back of the head, and elbowing Hamill with illegal elbows. I don't remember if he even manned up about that

collegecombat
collegecombat
  • Predictions:  823  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 121

04.04.2012 | 1:30 AM ET

@captain nothing wrong with the Bonnar elbow at all, and after Hamill he counted it as a legitimate loss. Didn't complain at all and just said that he was disappointed b/c he took pride in being undefeated but everything happens for a reason and he'd be fine (which he was).

"No Thorns, No Throne" Check out CollegeCombat.me!

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC books Tracy Cortez vs. Miranda Maverick for summer showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Maycee Barber vs. Rose Namajunas targeted for UFC Fight Night headliner on July 13
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Money Doesn’t Equal Emotional Intelligence
  • MMA Mania : Meet UFC Vegas 92’s ‘Miracle’
  • MMA Junkie : Rising Japanese star Tatsuro Taira books first UFC main event vs. Alex Perez on June 15
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL announces dates, locations for 2024 playoffs
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : Rampage Vs. Briggs Falls Apart Amid Promoter Fraud Concerns
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champion Patchy Mix: 'I can't get the respect that Sean O'Malley has'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira now expected to headline UFC event on June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Dream Was To Become Champion’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Age doesn't matter': Mike Tyson, Jake Paul discuss experience vs. youth dynamic of boxing match
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira shows menace, humor in new Topps commercial
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Presser Highlights: Kid Asks Boxers Who Has Higher ‘Body Count’
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson warns Jake Paul he will be fighting for his life; Paul responds
  • MMA Mania : Shake-Up! Perez Vs. Taira Now Headlines UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Tyson and Jake Paul go nose-to-nose in first Tyson vs. Paul faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Mike Tyson, Jake Paul have playful faceoff at first press conference in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington: Belal Muhammad 'squatting on his ranking,' doesn't deserve UFC title fight
  • Middle Easy : BKFC President David Feldman Talks Conor McGregor’s Fighting Future, Teases Two ‘UFC Legends’ In Talks to Join Promotion