Topic: UFC 294

UFC 294: Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,291
  • Post Score: 47

03.16.2023 | 11:47 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 294
  • Saturday 10.21.2023 at 10:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Etihad Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier, Megan Olivi
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Alexander Volkanovski   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Hammerfists   3:06 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Khamzat Chimaev   defeats   Kamaru Usman   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   vs.   Johnny Walker   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Illegal Knee   3:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ikram Aliskerov   defeats   Warlley Alves   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee and Punches   2:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Said Nurmagomedov   defeats   Muin Gafurov   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Muhammad Mokaev   defeats   Tim Elliott   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:03 Round 3 of 3, 13:03 Total Bout Page
Trevor Peek   defeats   Mohammad Yahya   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Javid Basharat   vs.   Victor Henry   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Groin Kick to Henry   0:15 Round 2 of 3, 5:15 Total Bout Page
Sedriques Dumas   defeats   Abu Azaitar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mike Breeden   defeats   Anshul Jubli   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   3:00 Round 3 of 3, 13:00 Total Bout Page
Muhammad Naimov   defeats   Nathaniel Wood   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Victoria Dudakova   defeats   Jinh Yu Frey   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Shara Magomedov   defeats   Bruno Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 30

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,264  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,340
  • Post Score: 89

10.17.2023 | 8:05 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 272nd

Please keep rage betting against Shara. I need these good odds 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,126  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,559
  • Post Score: 210

10.17.2023 | 8:19 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1248th

@Vandal 
@baremaras 
MMA guru yelling "Pereira couldn't do it!! " will forever be on my mind. So funny and true. MMA math does not work. 🤣

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,492  |  71.3%
  • Forum Posts:  838
  • Post Score: 98

10.17.2023 | 8:45 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 101st

Shara by UD
Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,284  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,612
  • Post Score: -57

10.17.2023 | 8:47 AM ET

ParlayBoss

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 3094th

On every steroid known to man

"Positivity is a positive"

Parlay Boss
Parlay Boss
  • Predictions:  123  |  69.9%
  • Forum Posts:  178
  • Post Score: 2

10.17.2023 | 9:31 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 2729th

@Rah123 
I think you post just to try and make people laugh 😂

You spam more than any other user and the tomato can suits you well!

* Edited at 10.17.2023, 9:44 AM ET *

"You are an infection. You are the definition of weakness. Everything that is wrong with the world is because of ******* you." - Strickland

ryanbone
ryanbone
  • Predictions:  389  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: 67

10.17.2023 | 9:34 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 768th

this card makes my **** hard

"He sweats while his heart racin, his legs and his arms shakin... But his brain is out to lunch, he's stargazin like Carl Sagan"

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,139  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,765
  • Post Score: -18

10.17.2023 | 10:37 AM ET

ryanbone

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3509th

congratulations on coming out brother
rt2113
rt2113
  • Predictions:  469  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 100

10.17.2023 | 10:46 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 630th

Elliott vs. Mokaev
Muhammad Mokaev, DEC
Man, I lowkey want to take Elliot. He's fought every top flyweight imaginable. However, Mokaev is just going to be too agreessive. Elliot won't get finished. 30-27.

Yahya vs. Peek
Trevor Peek, TKO, R3
**** it. Gimme Peak by standing hammer fist in round 3. Man just got that southern dawg in him. Yahya stands no chance.

Basharat vs. Henry
Javid Basharat, DEC
Snow Leopard should get this one done easy. Henry is tough and can cause a threat to Basharat. Henry will steal a round, 29-28.

Dumas vs. Azaitar
Sedriques Dumas, DEC
I'm gonna go with Boonk Gang here. I think he fresher, younger, and more explosive. I think that Azaitar is gonna be a step slow. Dumas 30-27.

Jubli vs. Breeden
Anshul Jubli, TKO, R1
Mikey Breeden. Level 100 can. If Jubli can't finish him in 1, cut him.

Wood vs. Naimov
Nathaniel Wood, DEC
Wood will stay on the outside and dominate with his jab and leg kicks. Don't see a finish here, Naimov is tough, but Wood should handle him easily. 30-27.

Yu Frey vs. Dudakova
Victoria Dudakova, DEC
Yu Frey sucks. 30-27.

Silva vs. Magomedov
Sharabutdin Magomedov, TKO, R2
Sharabutdin should be able out strike a dangerous Silva. Magomedov will hurt Silva to the body then finish with a combination upstairs. Silva has a slightly sus chin as well.

GreenTeaEnthusiast
GreenTeaEnthusiast

10.17.2023 | 10:59 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3467th

Makhachev vs. Volkanovski II
Alexander Volkanovski, TKO, R2
This is the best fight in all of MMA right now. Islam Makhachev might be the most complete mixed martial artist - at least in the UFC - and I've grown particularly fond of his striking. While it's nothing to scoff at on its own, it's a different beast when paired with his clinch grappling. He's extremely good off the counter, at creating unorthodox angles of attack, and he's well-timed on all the key southpaw strikes (straight left, check right hook, and so on). With that in mind, Volkanovski is probably the most dynamic, brainy striker in the sport at the moment, and he's separated himself by a good margin. His fight IQ is ridiculous; I've never seen anybody as nifty at selecting AND stringing together attacks so perfectly, while not losing sight of the gameplan. His ability to adjust on the fly is absolute GOAT-level ****. Now, given a full camp specifically tailored to beat Volk, Makhachev would probably pull away and even finish the fight. However, the stars are perfectly aligned for Alex here. It's a complete 180 that Islam has to do - from preparing for months to face a tall, rangy pressure fighter who throws down the centerline (cookie cut for a guy like Islam to counter and finish), to now having to change everything to face a short, stocky counterstriker who shifts a lot. If he was given even an additional 3-4 weeks, I'd trust that he could adapt his rhythm and muscle memory *just enough* to squeak away another decision. One week is simply too close to the fight for me to think he's going to handle the polar opposite of what he prepared for. And what's worse - it's somebody who's proven himself capable of dethroning Makhachev. It's as close as a fight gets, but given the circumstances, and that there's more to lose for Islam (and the opposite is true for Volk) - I'll take the underdog. I'll go out on a limb and say Volkanovski crushes him with fast counter left hands for an early stoppage.

Usman vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, TKO, R1
This fight is wild. I wish it'd happened at the peak of Usman's reign, but I suppose we'll just never know. Khamzat is a nightmare for Usman - even if we're considering the prime version. His physicality, if not his technical abilities, is more than enough to fend off the grappling attempts from Kamaru; this includes the clinch, which is the cornerstone of Usman's successful approach to grappling in this game. Though we haven't seen much of Khamzat's clinch yet, if the rest of his wrestling arsenal is a good indicator of anything, it's that he's going to be ridiculously quick to pummel in the clinch... rendering Kamaru's pressure -> over/under -> lethal body hooks virtually useless. Plus, he's extremely good at lateral pressure, which is going to be absolute hell for Kamaru. Usman's knees just won't be up to the pace of Khamzat's movement, and if he targets the legs even in a small capacity, the fight is over the second in that instant. I see Khamzat piling the pressure and destroying Usman within three or four minutes.

Ankalaev vs. Walker
Johnny Walker, TKO, R1
I can't help but feel as though this one's a trap. On paper, Ankalaev seems to be the better fighter. But fundamentally, he just sucks at defending low kicks - something Walker has really honed into his striking base - and he tends to struggle when the fight gets sloppy. Oezdemir and Santos both saw success swinging for the bleachers. Thiago even nearly put him out. I think Johnny Walker does what Johnny Walker does best - hit the legs, land a backfist, and bag a bonus.

Rah123
Rah123

10.17.2023 | 11:19 AM ET

ParlayBoss

😉

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,424  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,658
  • Post Score: 128

10.17.2023 | 1:44 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 894th

This is turning into one of those cards where every match has a +400 underdog.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

10.17.2023 | 1:58 PM ET

Just wanted to remind everyone that the underdog has won in every UFC main event since Strickland vs Adesanya.  I think that's five or six in a row now.

Rah123
Rah123

10.17.2023 | 2:23 PM ET

Depmode33

Time for regression 

phiphaiphophum
phiphaiphophum
  • Predictions:  48  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 167

10.17.2023 | 2:27 PM ET

Martingale the underdogs

I've noticed that there is at least one underdog winner in the ufc card. So use the martingale theory to for sure profit
rt2113
rt2113
  • Predictions:  469  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 100

10.17.2023 | 2:34 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 630th

Islam Makhachev, DEC
This is so 50/50 for me. I'm going with Makhachev because of his size and power. I doubt Volk gets finished, but he will get takendown. 48-47 Makhachev.

Usman vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, SUB, R3
This one is so hard to pick. I really think Chimaev will struggle to take down usman. I think he eventually drops him and latches up a D'arce or RNC to get the submission. Usman doesn't have BJJ.

Ankalaev vs. Walker
Magomed Ankalaev, DEC
Ankalaev holds him agasint the fence for 15 mins. Ankalaev doesn't want to stand and trade with Johnny Walker, I woundn't either. He may get one for two takedowns and rack up about 5 mins of control time.

Aliskerov vs. Alves
Ikram Aliskerov, TKO, R1
Ikram is good, not great fighter. I feel his ceiling is a top 10 contender. I think this is an easy short notice on for him. He dispatches Alves in the first round.

Nurmagomedov vs. Gafurov
Said Nurmagomedov, DEC
Nurmagomedov is just better everywhere. More experience. However is gas tank is sus at times. 30-27.

shaqalicious023
shaqalicious023
  • Predictions:  494  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  123
  • Post Score: 76

10.17.2023 | 3:37 PM ET

Analysis and predictions video for Balkan fans

*****_swaggins
*****_swaggins
  • Predictions:  221  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  308
  • Post Score: 79

10.17.2023 | 3:52 PM ET

This one ain’t it chief.

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 314th

@depmode33 
That may be true but bruddah. Hasbulal will be there. The amount of energy Hasbulla will be giving Islam will be too much for Volk. The power of Hasbulla is very strong….

Rah123
Rah123

10.17.2023 | 3:54 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Islam Makhachev, SUB, R4
Here it is children. Your lesson for the week. Makhachev wins by finish this time.

Usman vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, TKO, R1
Usman got paid. Believe that.

Ankalaev vs. Walker
Magomed Ankalaev, TKO, R1
People forget about the chin. Johnny gets countered rushing in. Good night

Aliskerov vs. Alves
Ikram Aliskerov, TKO, R3
Short notice Alves? In a different time zone? No thanks. Surprised if he makes it to the weigh ins

Nurmagomedov vs. Gafurov
Said Nurmagomedov, DEC
Easy

Elliott vs. Mokaev
Muhammad Mokaev, DEC
Mokaev probably wins a decision. Maybe. BUT DO NOT BET ON HIM

Yahya vs. Peek
Trevor Peek, TKO, R1
Car crash

Basharat vs. Henry
Javid Basharat, DEC
I hate Henry. He has cost me money

Dumas vs. Azaitar
Abu Azaitar, TKO, R1
Dumbass is the worst fighter in the UFC after Brundage. Potato Power! 🥔

Jubli vs. Breeden
Anshul Jubli, SUB, R2
I can't believe that I am picking the Indian but grappling against poor takedown defence.

Wood vs. Naimov
Nathaniel Wood, DEC
The question is Woods chin

Yu Frey vs. Dudakova
Victoria Dudakova, SUB, R2
Easy

Silva vs. Magomedov
Sharabutdin Magomedov, DEC
I am going to pick the roid hulk, but I dunno. Kicks vs punches

notmisery
notmisery
  • Predictions:  12,345  |  76.9%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 110

10.17.2023 | 3:55 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 272nd

"Some of you need to relax its just tapology at the end of the day"

MaxDai
MaxDai

10.17.2023 | 4:12 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 5211th

Basharat vs. Henry
Javid Basharat
Javid for the W.

Wood vs. Naimov
Nathaniel Wood
Experience wins, hopefully.

Page 30

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : White: New UFC Deal Struck Because Saudi Arabia ‘Wanted Power Slap’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Bullet’ Wants ‘Demolidor’ In Saudi Arabia
  • MMA Junkie : 'Thank you for making my life easy': MMA community celebrates Mother's Day on social media
  • MMAFighting.com : Ciryl Gane to carry Olympic torch ahead of 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 56: Derrick Lewis magic returns and Dana White criticism of main card winner
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara bloodies opponent in first-round TKO win
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley shifts to Gilbert Burns after unrealistic Conor McGregor callout: 'I'm definitely not going to get that'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE, On One Condition...
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE (On One Condition)
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder concerned for Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight: ‘God forbid he gets hurt’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Derrick Lewis after UFC on ESPN 56 knockout win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor closes door on wrestling, potential MMA career after becoming Oklahoma State coach
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski added to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card at UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Gotta Get Out Of The Apex’
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White says UFC plans to hit road more in 2024: 'We've got to get out of the Apex'