Topic: UFC 294

UFC 294: Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,389
  • Post Score: 46

03.16.2023 | 11:47 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 294
  • Saturday 10.21.2023 at 10:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Etihad Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier, Megan Olivi
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Alexander Volkanovski   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Hammerfists   3:06 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Khamzat Chimaev   defeats   Kamaru Usman   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   vs.   Johnny Walker   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Illegal Knee   3:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ikram Aliskerov   defeats   Warlley Alves   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee and Punches   2:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Said Nurmagomedov   defeats   Muin Gafurov   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Muhammad Mokaev   defeats   Tim Elliott   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:03 Round 3 of 3, 13:03 Total Bout Page
Trevor Peek   defeats   Mohammad Yahya   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Javid Basharat   vs.   Victor Henry   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Groin Kick to Henry   0:15 Round 2 of 3, 5:15 Total Bout Page
Sedriques Dumas   defeats   Abu Azaitar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mike Breeden   defeats   Anshul Jubli   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   3:00 Round 3 of 3, 13:00 Total Bout Page
Muhammad Naimov   defeats   Nathaniel Wood   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Victoria Dudakova   defeats   Jinh Yu Frey   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Shara Magomedov   defeats   Bruno Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 26

Tomhallam1993
Tomhallam1993
  • Predictions:  475  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 100

10.16.2023 | 11:08 AM ET

Not sure if it’s true but o heard sharbudtin beat someone to death in the streets?
Latrel Dog
Latrel Dog
  • Predictions:  1,159  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  809
  • Post Score: 158

10.16.2023 | 11:11 AM ET

@DamienHandel420

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 962nd

Mate, do you know how many of Usman's last opponents tried to take him down ? 

If I'm not mistaken, Colby didn't try a single takedown in the first of their fights. In the second, I think he tried once or twice. The only one I remember who tried and took Usman down was Leon. 

I reckon Chimaev isn't going to maul Usman like he did with the other ones (except for Burns), but if he manages to take Usman down one single time, the potential for a submission is gonna be very high, cause Kamaru's BJJ is not on the same level of Khamzat's. 
BobbyAnderson
BobbyAnderson
  • Predictions:  184  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 0

10.16.2023 | 11:26 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3750th

Jubli vs. Breeden
Anshul Jubli, TKO, R1
TKO; Ground & Pound

Wood vs. Naimov
Nathaniel Wood, DEC
Unanimous Decision

Yu Frey vs. Dudakova
Victoria Dudakova, SUB, R2
RNC

Silva vs. Magomedov
Sharabutdin Magomedov, DEC
Unanimous Decision

joeyveneri
joeyveneri
  • Predictions:  223  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: -100

10.16.2023 | 12:19 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 4957th

@DamienHandel420 
completely agree, if you watch the burns fight khamzat begins to drop his hands late in the 2nd and keeps getting caught. Burns eventually caught him with the same punch that Usman KOd Masvidal with. If khamzat drops his hands like that against usman, I think usman may be able to find a KO in the third if he gets that far.
Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,241  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,900
  • Post Score: 174

10.16.2023 | 12:31 PM ET

UFC 284: Makhachev vs Volkanovski King of the Hill

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 1873rd

Join: https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/65408/players/new?code=219679a917ef

Previous winners: gem779, BLUEBEARD

Prove you stand above the Plebs join and become King Of The Hill

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,427  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  6,017
  • Post Score: 172

10.16.2023 | 12:42 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 4900th

I'm still wondering what in the **** did Mokaev do to heal his knee. That mf had it bent backwards in the fight, and after the fight it was swollen as ****. Now, like 5 months later he has a fight booked this week and he posted videos from his gym of him doing some crazy work on that leg. If you didn't know what happened to his leg in the fight you would probably think nothing happened to him. We'll have to see how he does in the fight and see if all that stuff on social media was just ********, but right now it looks like he waved some magic wand and made any sign of the injury completely disappear. 

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Latrel Dog
Latrel Dog
  • Predictions:  1,159  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  809
  • Post Score: 158

10.16.2023 | 12:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 962nd

Ankalaev vs. Walker
Johnny Walker, TKO, R2
Maybe Walker will make me look dumb for picking him here, but I like this new version. He's more calculated, but still has a lot of power in his strikes. Ankalaev could do something similar to what Krylov did to Walker, but after that fight against Jan, I can't trust him to wrestle here for an easy win.

Aliskerov vs. Alves
Ikram Aliskerov, TKO, R2
Ikram survives the storm in the 1st and finishes Warlley in the 2nd. Going up a weight class with a sus gas tank is not a good idea.

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,424  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,665
  • Post Score: 128

10.16.2023 | 12:58 PM ET

@CheckLeftHook

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 894th

He channeled the magic of being 20 years old.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,999  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,136
  • Post Score: 269

10.16.2023 | 1:21 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 757th

Dumas vs. Azaitar
Sedriques Dumas, TKO, R1
I'm praying all week for Abu's downfall, yeah I'm a HATER!!!

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

Kniferusty
Kniferusty
  • Predictions:  733  |  77.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,199
  • Post Score: 186

10.16.2023 | 1:55 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 245 Points   |   Tied for 5278th

@Tomhallam1993 
a couple were showing a public display of affection (PDA) so he went on the attack. Pretty sure there were no deaths involved. Dude is freakin psycho 

"All my picks are backed by some type of real money wager. When I bet the house - I now have two houses"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,323  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,410
  • Post Score: 89

10.16.2023 | 2:00 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 272nd

Shara is a beast 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

UncleSocrates
UncleSocrates
  • Predictions:  1,060  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  164
  • Post Score: 184

10.16.2023 | 3:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1248th

Makhachev vs. Volkanovski II
Islam Makhachev, DEC
Heart tells me Volk, brain screams Makhachev. Everything in me wants this one for Volk, but I just don't see it this time around. The last fight between these two was extremely competitive, but the circumstances are different here. Volk the madman is taking this fight on extremely short notice, coming off a surgery, in enemy territory. We saw in the last fight that Islam had a lot of success on the feet and I think that will continue. Islam takes this one by decision using all of his tools. That being said, if there's any man that can pull this off it's The Great. Once again, heart says Volk, brain says Islam.

Usman vs. Chimaev
Kamaru Usman, DEC
OOOOHH YES. WAR! Can not wait for this one. Usman obviously is coming in on short notice, coming off two tough losses to Leon, against an absolute mauler in Borz. BUT, I think he can get it done. Chimaev has ragdolled almost everyone he has fought, but this will not be the case in this one. We saw that Borz had issues getting Burns down, and Usman is a harder get than Burns. On the feet, Usman is powerful and loves to push the pace. Usmans durability and age are my main concerns, but in a 3 round fight I see Usman utilizing his gas tank and putting the pressure on Borz, something he is not used to seeing. If Borz gets Kamaru down, Usman could get submitted as we've never really seen him have to defend subs but I don't see Borz holding Usman down long enough. Can Chimaev finish Usman? Absolutely, but I am still playing Kamaru at these odds all day and siding with him to win, could be a dumb one but I'm willing to run the risk.

Ankalaev vs. Walker
Magomed Ankalaev, TKO, R2
Another fight where I can see the underdog puling it off, but ultimately am siding with the favorite. Walker has had a resurgence as of late and is always extremely dangerous and unpredictable. I see him being able to survive on the ground and having some success on the feet, but eventually getting chinned by Ankalaev. No matter where this fight goes Anka will be comfortable and I believe this guy is championship caliber. That being said, Walker flash ko is always live and I will be playing it bet wise.

Aliskerov vs. Alves
Ikram Aliskerov, SUB, R2
Was really excited for Aliskerov vs Imavov, shame we couldn't see that one and find out if Ikram is legit or not. Definitely some red flags in some of his earlier fights but overall he is a very good prospect. I could honestly see Ikram finishing this fight by ko or sub but will go with the submission here.

Nurmagomedov vs. Gafurov
Said Nurmagomedov, DEC
Not really impressed with Gafurov, Said is coming off a loss but as we just saw Martinez is a beast. I think Said has his way in this one and takes a decision.

Elliott vs. Mokaev
Muhammad Mokaev, SUB, R2
Odds are extremely wide here for what I see as a tough fight for Mokaev. Who knows the state of his knee after the Filho fight, and Elliott is a true vet. Elliott will 100% bring the fight to Mokaev, and if Mokaev can't get him down with ease he will find himself some trouble. That being said, I do see Mokaev getting Elliott to the ground and finds the submission, a weakness of Elliott's.

Yahya vs. Peek
Trevor Peek, TKO, R2
Siding with Alabama's finest in this one. Although Peek fights punch drunk and is absurdly wild I just think he will out dog Yahya here. Yahya will gas after round 1, not be able to control Peek anymore, and get finished. Peek's last fight was concerning but Chepe was a more well rounded fighter with a much better gas tank. Peek by standing hammer fists full kill or be killed.

Basharat vs. Henry
Javid Basharat, DEC
This fight will be all Basharat, Henry is in trouble here.

Dumas vs. Azaitar
Sedriques Dumas, TKO, R2
Gotta side with The Reaper here. Dumas is the younger, more active fighter and is the more dangerous fighter. I see Dumas keeping Abu at range for the majority of the fight until he finds the ko blow.

Jubli vs. Breeden
Anshul Jubli, TKO, R1
Easy W for Jubli here. Early finish on the feet.

Wood vs. Naimov
Nathaniel Wood, DEC
This one is closer than the odds make it out to be in my opinion. I like Wood a lot, he is extremely clean on the feet and is well rounded but has been a decision machine as of late. Naimov is a dangerous fighter on the feet, and I could see him finding Wood's chin. That being said I'm going to side with the more experienced fighter in Wood by decision here. Wood is undefeated at featherweight, has fought legit guys, and this is a step down in competition for him. Wood will win with his kick game and volume.

Yu Frey vs. Dudakova
Victoria Dudakova, DEC
Dudakova takes this one pretty easily.

Silva vs. Magomedov
Sharabutdin Magomedov, DEC
Very excited for this fight, Shara is a very exciting prospect and is getting thrown into a very tough fight for his debut. Bruno went to decision with Pereira and has yet to be finished on the feet. Will Shara be the guy to finally do it... I'm going to go with no. We know Bruno's weakness is the ground but there is just minimal tape of Shara's ground game, I see Shara having success on the feet and winning a somewhat close decision 29-28.

"."

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,284  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,643
  • Post Score: -56

10.16.2023 | 4:06 PM ET

Immnmmn baaaaaccckkkkk

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 3094th

Back after 2 week paid holiday. I am very, very sorry. 

I was not here for you in your hour of need. Most people did terribly last card, and I am to blame. I was not here to guide you and save you. 

Instead you had genius takes and analysis like, and I quote directly... "Grant threw that from a different area code.. Yanez is going to roll this kid up n smoke um." "Also people acting like Yanez is some fraud because Rob Font literally had a GENIUS ******* game plan is insane."

I am sorry I left you all vulnerable and exposed to this kind of theories. 

Looking over the last card I could see many armchair pundits making confident cases for people like Irena Alexeeva, TJ Brown, Raveen  Oliveira, Adrian Yanez, Andre Petrovski and Cameron Saaiman. Even some for Ashley Yoder and Brendan Marotte. I could not believe my mind or believe how confident these guys sounded in their unbelievable picks.

But never fear. Even though you are all broke and homeless this week, this upcoming card and my picks will save you. I am truly a saint. Hail Mary. You're welcome 🙏🙏🙏

* Edited at 10.16.2023, 4:15 PM ET *

"Positivity is a positive"

Rah123
Rah123

10.16.2023 | 4:12 PM ET

Gregory

You gave me a 2 week ban. I see people here talking about sexual stuff with other people's mums, threatening violence to each other, using filthy nasty language, saying they hope people die, even talking about wishing people's hands are cut off.

And I get a 2 week ban for saying that I am looking forward to CrimsonChins picks. I mean I understand his picks are terrible and offensive to most decent people... but a 2 week ban for saying I am looking forward to seeing them is purely for financial reasons so I can bet against them. I am not really looking forward to seeing them because I enjoy them. 

2 weeks is very excessive don't you think? 

Also by now I would have expected the 🍅 against my name to have changed to an Infinity Stone to reflect my greatness. I am sad that hasn't happened. 

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,566
  • Post Score: 275

10.16.2023 | 4:26 PM ET

@Rah123 
repeat offenders get suspended more quickly and for longer.

"I live, I die, I live again."

el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,431  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,681
  • Post Score: 166

10.16.2023 | 4:30 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2153rd

Rah please let me out of your basement. I am hungry and dehydrated. I miss my family. please 
MathewsLeal
MathewsLeal
  • Predictions:  250  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 111

10.16.2023 | 4:59 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 130th

"I'll be there. Did you think I was joking?"

Rah123
Rah123

10.16.2023 | 5:11 PM ET

Gregory

😥

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,163  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,655
  • Post Score: 107

10.16.2023 | 5:22 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1508th

@Rah123 

You'd think after being banned week after week you'd learned to not comeback so quick to spew diarrhea again.

You love to talk about others picks while being too scared to predict the actual events, than say "I was suspended" as if that's a reason to not pick the events 😂😂 🗑 

+you're in the tomato can division for a reason, because you are a very bad picker repeatedly on most cards.

* Edited at 10.16.2023, 5:25 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Rah123
Rah123

10.16.2023 | 5:44 PM ET

Crimson

I forgive you... they know not what they do...

🙏 🤲 🕍 

Page 26

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Angela Hill: ‘I Still Want To Make My Mark’
  • UFC.com : Emily Ducote: ‘This Is Where I Need To Be’
  • MMA Junkie : Khaos Williams' prediction for UFC Fight Night 241: Submission, KO or 'take his soul from his body'
  • MMAFighting.com : Fury vs. Usyk press conference video
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez aims to make it a 'beautiful disaster' for Vinicius Salvador at UFC Fight Night 241
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Fury Vs Usyk Final Press Conference Video!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Jaleel Willis rushes Cedric Doumbe as brawl nearly breaks out at Bellator Paris weigh-ins
  • MMA Mania : Grudge Match! ‘Baddy’ Gets Bobby In Manchester!
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean Strickland calls out Paulo Costa for allegedly not signing UFC 302 contract, Costa responds
  • Middle Easy : Video – Sean O’Malley and Ryan Garcia Get Into Heated Debate During Live Stream: ‘I Could Literally Kill You’
  • MMA Mania : UFC 304 Books Edwards Vs Muhammad, Aspinall Vs Blaydes
  • MMA Mania : UFC 304 Gets Edwards Vs Muhammad, Aspinall Vs Blaydes
  • MMA Junkie : Bobby Green, Paddy Pimblett set to throw down at UFC 304 in Manchester
  • MMA Junkie : Interim heavyweight champ Tom Aspinall vs. Curtis Blaydes set for UFC 304 co-main event
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Dana White breaking news reaction, Fury vs. Usyk, UFC St. Louis fallout, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • Middle Easy : UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier Offers Colby Covington Some Advice Following His Lackluster Effort Against Leon Edwards
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Key Bouts For UFC 304 In Manchester
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards, Tom Aspinall title defenses among five fights announced for UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 official with Leon Edwards vs. Belal Muhammad headliner and more in Manchester