Topic: UFC 294

UFC 294: Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,251
  • Post Score: 47

03.16.2023 | 11:47 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 294
  • Saturday 10.21.2023 at 10:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Etihad Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier, Megan Olivi
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Alexander Volkanovski   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Hammerfists   3:06 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Khamzat Chimaev   defeats   Kamaru Usman   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   vs.   Johnny Walker   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Illegal Knee   3:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ikram Aliskerov   defeats   Warlley Alves   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee and Punches   2:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Said Nurmagomedov   defeats   Muin Gafurov   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Muhammad Mokaev   defeats   Tim Elliott   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:03 Round 3 of 3, 13:03 Total Bout Page
Trevor Peek   defeats   Mohammad Yahya   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Javid Basharat   vs.   Victor Henry   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Groin Kick to Henry   0:15 Round 2 of 3, 5:15 Total Bout Page
Sedriques Dumas   defeats   Abu Azaitar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mike Breeden   defeats   Anshul Jubli   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   3:00 Round 3 of 3, 13:00 Total Bout Page
Muhammad Naimov   defeats   Nathaniel Wood   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Victoria Dudakova   defeats   Jinh Yu Frey   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Shara Magomedov   defeats   Bruno Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 31

RichOsama
RichOsama
  • Predictions:  1,806  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,200
  • Post Score: 47

10.17.2023 | 4:14 PM ET

MBS was just suspended for positive drug test and her win over holm was turned to a NC. Only if DraftKings would turn my slips into wins now šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
*****_swaggins
*****_swaggins
  • Predictions:  213  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  307
  • Post Score: 79

10.17.2023 | 4:17 PM ET

Iā€™m curious on Usmanā€™s pay

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 314th

@Rah123 
Will be checking after PPV finishes to see the disclosed earnings. I have a feeling Uncle Dana wired at least 300k to Usman to his off-shore account
VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,104  |  69.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,508
  • Post Score: 214

10.17.2023 | 5:50 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1248th

@RichOsama 
Damn. I remember seeing a video of her a while back saying she wanted to be transparent with her fans and that she was being investigated by usada. According to her it was because of medication that was prescribed to her by her doctor and she didn't know the medication contained substances prohibited by usada. Pretty common stuff to say in this situation. I guess she is out of the title picture then.

"This is a rat race...but Iā€™m not a rat. Iā€™m a f*ckinā€™ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

10.17.2023 | 6:52 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 962nd

Are we at all concerned about the fact that Mokaev, tough as he is, downplayed his knee injury during and after the fight and is probably coming back too soon? Against a seasoned grappler, feels like something bad could happenā€¦
Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,860  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,013
  • Post Score: 207

10.17.2023 | 6:55 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 4665th

Even without the injury I still haven't forgotten the ****** performance he had against Malcolm X. There's a very real possibility Tim beats him, controversial as it was, Tim did beat Ulanbekov.
doggedwings
doggedwings
  • Predictions:  342  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

10.17.2023 | 6:58 PM ET

Said Nurmagomedov Vs Muin Gafurov

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 138th

Said Nurmagomedov doesnā€™t fight particularly frequently, but heā€™s proven himself to be a valid top 15 fighter in my eyes. His career hasnā€™t been without its stumbling blocks, but I think most of them are pretty explainable. Raoni Barcelos was exactly the same as Said is now (top 15 but not fighting often enough) when those two faced off in 2019, and Said gave a decent enough account of himself. His other loss was a razor-close decision to Jonathan Martinez most recently, which I think he won (and I also think itā€™s aging quite well as far as losses go). There have also been some more fortunate wins, like against Saidyokub Kakhramonov (legit top 15 talent, the UFC cutting him was the worst decision theyā€™ve made in years), and against Justin Scoggins (UFC debut).

I guess this is what we would consider a ā€œbuy lowā€ spot with the Martinez loss and fortunate win to Kakrahmonov in recent memoryā€¦but Said is facing Muin Gafurov here. The same Muin Gafurov who lost his UFC debut to John Castaneda, and has losses to John Lineker and Chad Anheliger in three of his last six fights. How is Said being disrespected this much for the fight to only be lined -200?

Gafurov is committed to landing takedowns, but Said has shown heā€™s a great scrambler with dangerous submissions if you give him the opportunity. I also havenā€™t been particularly impressed by Gafurovs ability to hold down opponents who are worse grapplers than Saidā€¦so Iā€™m immediately dubious about his chances of winning via grappling. On the feet, Saidā€™s far more diverse and dangerous of the two (Gafurov got dropped by both Anheliger and Castaneda, the latter with a head kick), and also has the higher volume.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,163  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,238
  • Post Score: 88

10.17.2023 | 7:05 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 272nd

Gafurov's wrestling is honestly not very impressive to me despite having the sambo accolades. He also leaves his neck open a ton when shooting, could def see said snatch his neck up if he isn't careful

"ā€œUnfortunately you canā€™t talk like that on FOXā€ - Joe Rogan"

AlazarBekele
AlazarBekele
  • Predictions:  585  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 111

10.17.2023 | 7:11 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2184th

Makhachev vs. Volkanovski II
Alexander Volkanovski, DEC
10/10: matchup. BEAUTIFUL fight. I cannot wait.

Usman vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, DEC
10/10: such an insane matchup. beauty.

Ankalaev vs. Walker
Magomed Ankalaev, TKO, R1
8.5/10: Great fight, means alot for the division.

Aliskerov vs. Alves
Ikram Aliskerov, SUB, R1
6/10: Ikram vs a can essentially

Nurmagomedov vs. Gafurov
Muin Gafurov, DEC
7.5/10: very interesting fight, two eastern euro's fighting. should be a good scrap.

Elliott vs. Mokaev
Muhammad Mokaev, DEC
7/10: excited to see the young take on the vet

Yahya vs. Peek
Mohammad Yahya, DEC
8/10: Trevor peek banger incoming. always an insanely interesting fighter to watch.

Basharat vs. Henry
Javid Basharat, DEC
7.5/10: the much talked about prospect Javid basharat. Very interested to see his fight.

Dumas vs. Azaitar
Sedriques Dumas, SUB, R2
5/10: Average fight, mildy interesting, should be a fun scrap

Jubli vs. Breeden
Anshul Jubli, TKO, R2
6.5/10: The debut of the much talked about anshul Jubli against the can mike breeden. should be exciting

Wood vs. Naimov
Muhammad Naimov, TKO, R2
8/10: very good scrap. wood is as technical as they come and naimov is a very skilled striker as well. banger.

Yu Frey vs. Dudakova
Victoria Dudakova, DEC
3/10: Low skill women's fight, at least they are both kinda hot tho.

Silva vs. Magomedov
Sharabutdin Magomedov, TKO, R2
7/10: The debut of the much talked about Shara bullet, vs a very game opponent. Should be a banger too

ChiefDeN
ChiefDeN
  • Predictions:  2,860  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: -69

10.17.2023 | 7:35 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 77th

Islam Makhachev, SUB, R4
Ortega sub

Usman vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, DEC
split. td in final min wins it

Ankalaev vs. Walker
Magomed Ankalaev, DEC
patient walker L

Aliskerov vs. Alves
Ikram Aliskerov, TKO, R1
vs washed

Nurmagomedov vs. Gafurov
Said Nurmagomedov, SUB, R1
standing g

Yahya vs. Peek
Trevor Peek, TKO, R3
easy win for one of the cleanest strikers in the division

Basharat vs. Henry
Javid Basharat, DEC
lots of value on Henry if he can keep it standing

Dumas vs. Azaitar
Sedriques Dumas, TKO, R2
old

Jubli vs. Breeden
Anshul Jubli, SUB, R1
vs can

Wood vs. Naimov
Nathaniel Wood, DEC
vet

Yu Frey vs. Dudakova
Victoria Dudakova, DEC
future

Silva vs. Magomedov
Sharabutdin Magomedov, DEC
bullet w

VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,104  |  69.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,508
  • Post Score: 214

10.17.2023 | 8:33 PM ET

Everyone on the Juice.

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1248th

I just saw on YouTube that D- Rod also Popped for illegal substances. He's being suspended for 6 months. Guess USADA decided to take as many names as they can before the end of the year when they separate from the UFC. 

* Edited at 10.17.2023, 8:36 PM ET *

"This is a rat race...but Iā€™m not a rat. Iā€™m a f*ckinā€™ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

DelinquentMMA
DelinquentMMA
  • Predictions:  2,167  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  278
  • Post Score: 229

10.17.2023 | 9:35 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 4604th

"Delinquent MMA"

danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,836  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,925
  • Post Score: 92

10.17.2023 | 11:14 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1104th

This is a good card, but there's only about 3 or 4 fights that are hard to predict. All the others are setup fights for highly touted prospects or "prospects" that UFC like Jubli. I think Jubli could have the potential to be good, but he's incredibly raw

* Edited at 10.17.2023, 11:16 PM ET *

Vispian
Vispian
  • Predictions:  2,516  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  375
  • Post Score: 174

10.17.2023 | 11:22 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 3779th

@Thesnake101 
honestly Elliot is a hard task for Mokaev especially if this goes to a decision. Other than reach i think Tim is clearly a better striker despite his clear flaws in that regard. Wrestling wise Elliot gets position and does damage, Mokaev just sort of controls and spams takedowns. Mo was losing to Gordon, losing to Filho, coming off an injury, rushing his career in his own words, had a stinker against Johnson and basically just got an immediate sub with Durden. 

Say what you want about Taira I will agree, but at least with him, he gets dominant position and looks for the sub or GnP. Mokaev just sort of doesn't do much until he realizes he is losing at the end. 
Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,165  |  68.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,881
  • Post Score: 175

10.17.2023 | 11:39 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 1873rd

The reaper will deliver the Potato smuggling Azaitar to the Styx

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

• Predictions:  166  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 78

10.18.2023 | 12:10 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 5488th

@Vandal 
sounds like a good debut
TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  54,020  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

10.18.2023 | 12:17 AM ET

Excellente !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,477  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,826
  • Post Score: 141

10.18.2023 | 12:18 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Islam Makhachev, DEC
Brief early predictions, I might change a few after weigh ins which I think are going to be important here in the UAE. This is Makhachev's fight. Set up for him and I think this time it will be dominant, even possibly with a finish. Everything is stacked against Volk.

Usman vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, TKO, R2
Chimaev is getting the spotlight here, with a new UAE citizenship to boot. He will be bigger, stronger with more power. Usman will not be able to play his usual grinding, cage clinching game and when Khamzat gets him down, which he will, I can't see Usman getting up with his bad knees. Chimaev should have better cardio without the weight cut and in 3 rounds he can go for broke.

Ankalaev vs. Walker
Magomed Ankalaev, TKO, R2
Ankalaev should be too technical. And if Walker tries the point fighting at range game Ankalaev will win. If he comes forward as I suspect he will and tries aggression I see Ankalaev catching him with something nasty. Dangerous fight for Ankalaev but it seems like a punchers chance for Walker, especially if Ankalaev wrestles.

Aliskerov vs. Alves
Ikram Aliskerov, SUB, R3
I am prejudiced against Alves, I really dislike him and his performances. I can never pick his fights, but he quits when the going gets tough. And it is going to get tough here. Ikram should be better everywhere and Alves is too small with questionable cardio, especially on short notice.

Nurmagomedov vs. Gafurov
Said Nurmagomedov, DEC
This is a mismatch.

Elliott vs. Mokaev
Tim Elliott, DEC
Mokaev has never ever convinced me. In my opinion he is over rated. His striking is average, his cardio is questionable, his fight IQ is poor, his defensive wrestling has holes and though he has good offensive wrestling he cannot hold anyone down. He was almost losing to Malcom Gordon who is horrible and Filho destroyed his knee. I am not picking him coming back from a horrible injury like that. Maybe I am wrong but Elliot is very very live here, and just look at who Elliot has actually lost to.

Yahya vs. Peek
Trevor Peek, TKO, R2
Peek all day every day. I suspect his ceiling is a lot higher than a lot of people think and I expect improvements every fight. I think he destroys Yahya

Basharat vs. Henry
Javid Basharat, DEC
This could be a lot closer than it looks on paper, Henry has good takedown defence and high volume. Basharat probably wins but it could be a close one.

Dumas vs. Azaitar
Abu Azaitar, TKO, R2
Azaitar will be on everything, and if he makes weight he will have the home advantage. These are two horrible fighters and I do not think they are flying Dumas out to the UAE to give him a win over the favourite of the King of Morocco.

Jubli vs. Breeden
Anshul Jubli, SUB, R3
Breedan has reasonable takedown defence, but once he is down he is down. And Jubli will dominate him if he gets him there.

Wood vs. Naimov
Nathaniel Wood, DEC
Wood is very skilled and will be faster. Naimov also does not have good takedown defence and I expect Wood to use that.

Yu Frey vs. Dudakova
Victoria Dudakova, SUB, R1
Dudakova all day. Frey is not good.

Silva vs. Magomedov
Sharabutdin Magomedov, DEC
This a close fight. I think Shara could be the real deal but this fight will prove it.

* Edited at 10.18.2023, 12:25 AM ET *

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,824  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,349
  • Post Score: 168

10.18.2023 | 1:12 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2989th

@Rah123 

Yes
UFC_1
UFC_1
  • Predictions:  1,163  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  372
  • Post Score: 62

10.18.2023 | 2:02 AM ET

Mokaev - Elliott

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 1719th

I read so much haight in relation to Mokaev.
It's funny when we talk about this matchup.
Eliot is almost 37, which is insanely much for flyweight.
Mokaev is 14 years younger and will be much faster
Elliott has a terrible TDD.
Victor Altamirano made easily takedown.
Elliot looks worse with every fight.
He's not as good as he was in the fight against Nicolau and Ulanbekov.
Makaev is 100% healthy, ready and confident.
If that wasn't the case, he wouldn't risk a 4-fight UFC win streak and an undefeated record.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,565
  • Post Score: 262

10.18.2023 | 2:10 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 1873rd

Tim Elliot lose to good fighter, but beat people who arenā€™t good, heā€™s very consistent with that beside beating Tagir via cheating, I think Mokeav is good so he should win. I like fading consistent fighter agaist the level that their lose too

But I donā€™t know if Mokeav is -500 good tho, His fights are way to competive with fighters who arenā€™t great 

* Edited at 10.18.2023, 2:13 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 31

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Adames vs Gausha and Puello vs Russell reportedly set for June 15
  • MMA Mania : ā€˜I Donā€™t Care About The Title. I Just Want To Fight Jonesā€™
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Required To Reveal Earnings From Proper No. Twelve Sale
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ā€˜Wasnā€™t What I Wantedā€™
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ā€˜Internā€™ Champ Aspinall ā€˜Just As Selfishā€™ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ā€˜This is retirement for himā€™: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenkoā€™s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ā€˜This is retirement for himā€™: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenkoā€™s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ā€˜Bonesā€™ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev predicts guillotine choke will lead to Dustin Poirier's downfall at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis thought Popeyes was key to longevity, believes heā€™s in his prime ahead of UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 1 star Art ā€˜One Gloveā€™ Jimmerson dies at 60
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones steadfast in Stipe Miocic fight over unifying UFC titles: 'Iā€™m in the middle of a pretty clear decision'