Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,613
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 855

Cozstradamus
Cozstradamus
  • Predictions:  22,746  |  69.9%
  • Forum Posts:  445
  • Post Score: 184

02.08.2024 | 11:22 AM ET

Random - but I have no idea why Bloody Elbow is on the news ticker thing on Tap.  Their articles are such trash

* Edited at 02.08.2024, 11:22 AM ET *

"what aint no country I've ever heard of. they speak English in what?"

Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,372  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,946
  • Post Score: 172

02.09.2024 | 10:41 AM ET

Just finished baldurs gate 3. What a masterpiece. Best game ever made, I cannot recommend it enough 

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,418  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6,487
  • Post Score: 134

02.09.2024 | 4:28 PM ET

I found this useful

https://bloodyelbow.com/2024/02/09/cut-delayed-tyson-fury-oleksandr-usyk/
This is probably the only article from them in months that was useful glad Machmud eye is fine.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

02.10.2024 | 6:19 AM ET

BG3 is pretty good but best game of all time?
I mean I'd argue it's not even close to the best RPG (which is of course Fallout 2). To me it has too much of the "tumbler fantasy" that killed dnd in the first place and bringing in modern ideals in to an environment  inherently based upon medieval europe. I mean you have transgender people but the concept of government outside of a monarchy is laughable lol. Plus I never liked a voiced protagonist for a RPG, sort of separates your ability to create your character in its entirety imo.

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,885  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,624
  • Post Score: -69

02.10.2024 | 8:22 AM ET

Ordered the computer I will be streaming from.
It's under $600 but it will be fine.

im gonna kick my old computer into the streets.

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Calfoth
Calfoth

02.10.2024 | 10:29 AM ET

@Baron Von Rattus 
 The only transgender I remember seeing was a necromancer in act 3, but if there’s anyone you don’t like in the game, just kill them that’s how insanely good the game is 

Calfoth
Calfoth

02.10.2024 | 10:46 AM ET

The music is iconic also 

* Edited at 02.10.2024, 10:47 AM ET *

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

02.10.2024 | 10:52 AM ET

DIdn't say I wanted to kill trans people lol, just meant that a society that has progressed past traditional gender binary it begs to question why governmental structure is static at absolute monarchy. Idk I guess my bar is just high reading stuff like tolkien, but stuff like ethnography don't seem to matter. There seems to be no differences in regional racial demographics and in that case surely their should be a semi-****geneous racial demographic. 

Maybe you've only played modern RPG's with invincible characters but if i was you I'd look at the original fallout duology and if the isometric view is a turn off then thee 3d new vegas. No limits on who you can kill, great world building and subtle social commentary that isn't "orcs are black" like modern dnd is.

I also just think forgotten realms is generally a boring setting, its so cookie cutter fantasy, every species in the handbook exists with no thought about location, its massivley polytheistic but not in a realistic way, more in a way were theres a thousand religions and all are correct lol. 

In regards to the companions they're decent but having every character be bisexual and constantly tryna bang you if your a decent guy is unrealistic imo. Would've preferred more morally questionable companions, only one is astarion and they kinda wimped out on making him a *******/

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

Calfoth
Calfoth

02.10.2024 | 11:33 AM ET

@Baron Von Rattus 
*SPOILERS STOP READING IF YOUR PLAYING*

my Astarion became a vampire lord after slaughtering 1000s of vampire spawn, he can definitely not be a good guy if you don’t want him to be. I did play new vegas for 50 hours and it was great but buggy as **** tho, to me it just doesent compare to bg3. The story and impact of the boss fights just blow anything fallout or Bethesda has ever done out the water I mean Starfield was TRASH and comparing my time in that to bg3 is incomparable, tbf I haven’t played fallout 1-2 tho. I enjoy hearing your thoughts on the game tho, did you not enjoy it that much then? 

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

02.10.2024 | 12:04 PM ET

I really enjoyed BG3 i just lament how DnD has declined, by becoming more inclusive I'd argue they've diluted what made it good in the first place and sort of betrayed the nerdy fanbase it had prior to wizards of the coast changing it. Not saying something can't be more inclusive but when it breaks established canon and takes you out of the world its a lot more distracting. Still the story is good and I definitely agree with your point about the antagonists, though I do think the morality unforutnatley falls too much in to a binary, are you a **** or a hero or in between. While as the OG fallout has a decision where you can let a crimelord keep control of the city using violence but making it a boom town with more economic growth and standard of living or a sheriff who keeps the status qou and rules over a lawful town that is relatively poor. 

The OG fallouts were created by a defunct company called black isle who also did other great rpgs i haven't played. But fallout 2 is genuinely the greatest stories i've ever played. Gameplay is very marmite though, i enjoy it but most modern gamers would despise it if i hazard a guess. I loved BG3 combat just because of how much choices you had though again I wish you had more pacifist options, to my knowledge you can beat both fallout 1 and 2 without killing a single person, hard as it is. 

* Edited at 02.10.2024, 12:05 PM ET *

Calfoth
Calfoth

02.10.2024 | 1:03 PM ET

@Baron Von Rattus 
fair bro, as my first experience of anything dnd I loved it thoroughly. I hope they’ll do a dlc or something but damn it won’t be for a long time 

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

02.10.2024 | 3:14 PM ET

Also if you really enjoyed the combat try xcom 2. Thats what I believe BG3 gemplay is based on. It's like a sci fi black ops game where you do a multitude of different missions. 

Thats the thing about 5e (the fifth edition of dnd that BG3 is based on), its excellent for new players, i mean it replaced 4 to be more new plaer friendly and inclusive:. However for the losers like me that enjoy the complex ******** of 4 and especially 3.5 e it seems like a downgrade, an attempt to make it more mainstream while leaving the old fanbase behind. When it comes to tabletop your hard pressed to find an experienced player that doesn't use homebrew. 

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,767
  • Post Score: 127

02.10.2024 | 3:39 PM ET

@Baron Von Rattus

Agree about prefering a more complex ruleset than dnd 5e can offer (although I don't think that prevents BG3 from being one of the best RPGs of all time). There are some CRPGS that are a lot more complex in that regard like the Owlcat games and to some extent Pillars of Eternity. I don't like real time with pause though and those games are all built around it even if some of them have an optional turn-based mode.

If they were true turn based it would have been great. But you can spend countless hours just designing a character build in Owlcat's games, not customizing the look but actually mapping out the levelling process.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

JM Barrie
JM Barrie

02.10.2024 | 3:53 PM ET

BG3  isnt my type of game.

I am not a gamer so I have to play more or less easy games.  The 1st game i am going to play when streaming is the walking dead telltale series games.

I'll be playing lots of games from the 90's and early 2000s.  At least that is the plan.

To name a few

The Crow: City of Angels(video game)

STEPHEN KING’S F13: CTRL, ALT, …SHIVER

ALONE IN THE DARK: THE NEW NIGHTMARE

Deep Freeze(1999 video game)

RUGRATS IN PARIS: THE MOVIE(game)

Azrael's Tear

The Magic School Bus Explores the Solar System

My twitch channel.  :)

https://www.twitch.tv/dewthedewww

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

02.10.2024 | 4:17 PM ET

Telltale games can barley be called games imo. Plus most are wank, wolf among us, walking dead season 1 and thats it as far as I can remember (in regards to the good ones). The whole concept is such a lie, none of your choices matter in the slightest. 

Also rugrats and the magic school bus lol

* Edited at 02.10.2024, 7:09 PM ET *

JM Barrie
JM Barrie

02.10.2024 | 5:04 PM ET

Weekend Warriors MMA is also on my list.

What you think of that one?

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,418  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6,487
  • Post Score: 134

02.10.2024 | 7:08 PM ET

Alone in the dark 90s early 2000s is great horror!

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

02.11.2024 | 4:07 PM ET

I was procrastinating from my essay and decided to watch some rocky clips and goddamn do I miss Carl Weathers. Excellent in whatever he was in and an inspiration to not only black men but all men. 

Calfoth
Calfoth

02.11.2024 | 6:06 PM ET

@Baron Von Rattus 
is divinity original sin 2 decent? 

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

02.11.2024 | 6:49 PM ET

Haven't played that one but it has been described as having "universal aclaim" and sold over a million copies so its a good guess its decent. From what I've read its very magic heavy as the pc is automatically a sorcerer so it may not appeal to my monkey brain barbarian tendency, Also it seems to draw heavily from the previous games story so maybe either give that a play or watch some lore. The character customisation looks cool as **** though

Again though I don't know **** lol, only larian game ive played is BG3 so theres definitley better suited people to advise your purchase.

Page 855

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Matt Brown Advises Ronda Rousey To Restore UFC Image: ‘And The World Is Yours Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland 'ready to die' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302: 'It's going to be a bloodbath'
  • MMA Mania : Tyson Issues Ulcer Update
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 'Embedded,' No. 2: Michal Oleksiejczuk channels Taylor Swift: 'Welcome to New York'
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Will Poirier Retire After UFC 302?
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia apologizes to Logan Paul amid pending lawsuit: ‘This sh*t’s breaking my heart’
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC 302
  • Middle Easy : Coach Eric Nicksick Says People ‘Underestimated’ Dricus Du Plessis, Open To Making Sean Strickland Backup For DDP vs. Israel Adesanya
  • Middle Easy : Coach Eric Nicksick Says People ‘Underestimated’ Dricus Du Plessis, Open To Making Sean Strickland Backup For DDP vs. Isreal Adesanya
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson ‘feeling 100 percent’ after medical scare, ‘even though I don’t need to be to beat Jake Paul’
  • Bad Left Hook : Mbilli vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko official for Aug. 17 in Quebec
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski predicts Islam Makhachev will finish Dustin Poirier at UFC 302 – but how?
  • MMA Mania : Rogan Returns For UFC 302
  • UFC.com : Islam Makhachev Is Building A Legacy Of His Own
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 broadcast team: Joe Rogan returns for Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : 'More than just a chin': Kris Moutinho hopes for UFC return after beating demons, opponents outside it
  • Middle Easy : Michael Bisping Says Dustin Poirier’s ‘Insane’ UFC Resume ‘Smokes’ Islam Makhachev’s
  • MMA Mania : Claimbred: Muscly Mac ‘Clearly’ On Steroids
  • Bad Left Hook : Mark Magsayo vs Eduardo Ramirez joins Davis vs Martin on June 15th
  • Bad Left Hook : Magsayo vs Ramirez joins Davis vs Martin on June 15