Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,583
  • Post Score: 261

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 854

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE
  • Predictions:  15,826  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,057
  • Post Score: 65

01.25.2024 | 9:47 PM ET

I would like

@Stephen Terry 
 to here your commentary Steve. When I first visited London. I was transformed in how people talk in London while I was there. I listened closely. I say that because being from the States our way of talking, putting the way our sentences are spoken is so different. Just by what you wrote in your reply. I am playing back the sentences you said with an English accent in my mind, and it is reminding me of the days when I was there enjoying the conversations I had with the people. Someday I want/will come visit again. My plans fell thru last year, but I still have the desire to want to make the trip again. Thank You Mr. Terry for sharing.

"It doesn't matter what part of the world we are from. We are brothers and sisters together as one." kjh Home of the Michigan Tech Huskies, Copper Kings and Portage Lake Pioneers! Go Teams!

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  847  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  575
  • Post Score: 63

01.25.2024 | 11:22 PM ET

@Baron Von Rattus 
Yeah I think every commentator has their own issues, Bisping loves talking about eyes, DC loves saying someone's wrestling is wrong

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,207  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,211
  • Post Score: 332

01.26.2024 | 6:26 AM ET

And Big John is a arrogant *************. 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

01.26.2024 | 7:22 AM ET

The funniest thing is when Big John says something objectively wrong or braindead and then falls back on "well i wrote the rules". Just makes it more embarrassing that half the time he doesn't understand them

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,792  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,557
  • Post Score: 236

01.26.2024 | 1:17 PM ET

I'd take Stephen Terry over DC or Joe Rogan any day, that was hilarious

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,350  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,382
  • Post Score: 135

01.26.2024 | 2:46 PM ET

Big John is such a weird case good bjj guy good trainer good ref.
Horrible at commentary or pretty much evereything else.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

01.26.2024 | 5:20 PM ET

Idk if you've heard Stephen talk it's a lot more "tea and crumpets" english (or kings for the cultured among you) then "oi that ****a just got sparked". Still he has two eyes so if he did join he'd automatically become the best british commentator and I'm sure he'd actually know the guys on the prelims rather than eating popeyes all day

* Edited at 01.26.2024, 5:21 PM ET *

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  847  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  575
  • Post Score: 63

01.26.2024 | 6:06 PM ET

@Baron Von Rattus 
You must've forgotten about John Gooden!!

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,598  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,359
  • Post Score: 285

01.26.2024 | 8:17 PM ET

TBH I think I'd actually be a terrible commentator in terms of the analytical side of it. I could probably manage strictly as a commentator by simply following a "Say what you see" policy but there are still quite a lot of more intricate aspects of the sport I'd need to work on. For instance, I've never trained BJJ. I know mostly what to look for but in the very early stages where they're trying to set up a submission or gain control, I only really notice once it's already happened. My commentary would be "Oh, that was a nice reversal!" after the fact rather than "He's trying to get his arm free from under him to attempt a reversal" or something like that. 

As for a commentary team, I've always thought that the ideal combination would be a team of three people. One commentator who calls the action throughout the fight. They can add relevant information or opinions where applicable but it has to tie into what is actually happening in the fight at the moment. I once met a guy who's did a bit of commentary work for a few football matches and when I asked him what it was like, he said that he was pretending that he was describing the match to a blind person and that's a pretty good summary of what a good commentator should be IMO. The other two guy's are preferably former fighters or experienced coaches. One is an expert in a striking martial art and interjects during striking exchanges and the other is an expert in one of the grappling martial arts who interjects when the fight goes to the ground. As long as all three do their research and have a good chemistry and don't always try and talk over each other then that's what I've always thought would be the perfect combination.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Xconchris
Xconchris

01.27.2024 | 9:40 PM ET

Anyone following Bo Bassett in wrestling. 

He's a high-school wrestler from Pennsylvania but his videos are making the rounds in the wrestling community. Just watched him tech fall a kid from Blair Academy. Mind blowing watching him wrestle. Reminds me of Kyle Dake with his style.

Xconchris
Xconchris

01.27.2024 | 9:43 PM ET

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,163  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,639
  • Post Score: 108

01.28.2024 | 12:47 AM ET

Ya if you go to their page on Facebook he has like every match on the Bassett Brothers page.

His lil brother is really good aswell

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Xconchris
Xconchris

01.28.2024 | 5:52 PM ET

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,424  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,663
  • Post Score: 128

02.03.2024 | 10:30 PM ET

@Xconchris

I think we just got another reason, his son is Ron McCarthy, the judge who scored Imavov - Dolidze 47-47.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Xconchris
Xconchris

02.04.2024 | 9:34 AM ET

@Gliese, I am sure he got that judging position from his excellant resume, experience and knowledge of the sport of MMA. 

In no way did the fact that his father is Big John McCarthy influence in the decision of the State Atheletic Commission in hiring Ron. They would have done so regardless.

Brabo49
Brabo49
  • Predictions:  1,748  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  82
  • Post Score: 140

02.04.2024 | 3:27 PM ET

The greatest thing big john has ever done

"Don't be silly jump the gilly"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,424  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,663
  • Post Score: 128

02.04.2024 | 4:33 PM ET

Other famous judging performances from Ron McCarthy off the top of my head: Scoring in favor of Paddy the Baddy vs Jared Gordon.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Xconchris
Xconchris

02.06.2024 | 4:09 PM ET

Schatte
Schatte
  • Predictions:  68,515  |  70.3%
  • Forum Posts:  478
  • Post Score: 323

02.07.2024 | 2:00 PM ET

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. ― Bruce Lee"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,350  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,382
  • Post Score: 135

02.07.2024 | 2:09 PM ET

Never been much of a wrestler but I'd love to have those 3 inch gymnastic pads so I could somersaults, leaps and fail back flips in my house!

* Edited at 02.07.2024, 3:17 PM ET *

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Page 854

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : 20 Best Submission Grapplers of the Modern Era You Must Know
  • UFC.com : Edson Barboza’s UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 14: Joaquin Buckley making waves at welterweight
  • MMA Mania : Cormier = Aspinall? ‘It Wasn’t The Same Thing, Bud’
  • MMA Junkie : Esteban Ribovics surprised he didn't get $50K bonus for Terrance McKinney KO: 'What more do I need to do?'
  • Middle Easy : Video – Alex Pereira Scares Off Customers Trading In His Cards at Topps Hobby Shop
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Accused Brendan Schaub of ‘Playing F*cked-Up Mind Games’ During Their Relationship
  • MMA Junkie : 'This is MMA': UFC's Waldo Cortes-Acosta responds to 'unfair' criticism of Robelis Despaigne win
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal Explains Boxing Match Date Change: ‘Nate’s A F—king Idiot’
  • MMAFighting.com : Amanda Lemos vs. Virna Jandiroba slated for UFC Fight Night event in July
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier on Ronda Rousey's concussion history revelation: 'All she's doing is telling her truth'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 gets new heavyweight addition for McGregor vs. Chandler fight card
  • Middle Easy : Road House Sequel Officially Greenlit by Amazon Studios with Jake Gyllenhaal Set to Reprise His Role
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones’ ‘Champion’ Jab: ‘Not A Real Indication Of What Was Going On’
  • UFC.com : The Full Story: Ramiz Brahimaj
  • MMA Mania : Schaub ‘Didn’t Want To Be Labeled Ronda’s Rousey’s Boyfriend’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3462: Patchy Mix Interview, UFC may break records, more
  • MMAFighting.com : John Fury reacts to headbutting ‘little idiot’ on Oleksandr Usyk’s team
  • MMAFighting.com : John Fury has no regrets about headbutting ‘little idiot’ on Oleksandr Usyk’s team: ‘Happens every other week for me’
  • UFC.com : Get To Know Lerone Murphy