Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,842  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,653
  • Post Score: 261

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 851

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,286  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,252
  • Post Score: 331

01.14.2024 | 10:57 PM ET

The older ones just medical and credit card more often. The younger ones with the student loans tacked on top.

I was talking total debt for the older ones, but I am also looking at much better off people with stable lives and careers. So everyone else below them must be in deeper debt. Terrifying 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,795
  • Post Score: 273

01.15.2024 | 11:56 AM ET

I was watching some random youtubes and this popped up on my feed, I don't know if many people remember season 1 of the ultimate fighter, tbh I had no watched the first season but went through it and this part will always get me,

Chris Leben committing a home invasion on Forrest Griffin, who you can hear in the room yell "What the **** are you doing?"

Skip to 1:01

* Edited at 01.15.2024, 11:58 AM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

01.15.2024 | 12:35 PM ET

@Xconchris 
well putting aside how much debt people have, there's a scary trend where big property management companies are snapping up all the homes that come up for sale. And then they just rent them out. These companies don't want anyone to own their own home. They figure they can just keep most people renting their whole lives. Not good IMHO.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Xconchris
Xconchris

01.15.2024 | 4:16 PM ET

I also hate when i see giant apartment complexes being built. They could be building affordable homes but theres only a short term profit while apartments give profit for life. Every time i drive by them i get annoyed. Killing the American Dream.

@Greg, reminds me of the movie, Its a wonderful life, where Potter wants everyone to rent from him in his slums, instead of owning homes which George Bailey wants for the town.

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

01.15.2024 | 6:48 PM ET

Pretty sure it's cliche at this point but it's almost always relevant; "You will own nothing and be happy"

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,911  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,626
  • Post Score: -69

01.16.2024 | 2:39 AM ET

Being in debt is not a bad thing.
It is only a bad thing if you can't pay.
It is actually a good thing to have debt if you can pay it.

Paying off debt on time improves your credit score.  Having a high credit score helps with lots of things, in particular when you go house shopping. 

If youre not rich, America runs on what your credit score is............................... really.

I currently have about 9k in debt.

Though I have worked for a non profit for almost 10 years so that will be erased per the government.  Not sure if i'll still need to make the 120 payments or not.
My debit is from student loan FYI.
Other than that, I use Care Credit.  I have a 6.5k limit on that.  I currently have used less than 300.  Though with Care Credit I have used over 6k by now.  All paid off though and now I have a high credit score.
I should use more of Care Credit to fix my cavities but I just hate the dentist.  

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,243  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,684
  • Post Score: 106

01.16.2024 | 7:33 AM ET

😂😂 u literally can't make this **** up.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Xconchris
Xconchris

01.16.2024 | 9:33 AM ET

I get what he's saying. 

When I was 18 I bought a car. I had enough cash to pay it off. I took out a loan anyway because  I wanted to build up my credit. Without the credit, I could not buy a house.

Ironically when I bought that house,  my debt to income ratio was too high because of the car. So I had to pay the car, that lowered my debt to income ratio, that gave me high enough credit to purchase my 1st home. 

Now my credit is nearly 800. When I bought my recent car, I payed cash. Don't have no worry about credit anymore.

Funny thing is they sell the car at a much lower price if you finance it instead of paying cash. I financed my truck and  payed the loan before the 1st payment was due. Payed no interest. **** those weasels. 

* Edited at 01.16.2024, 9:34 AM ET *

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  30,063  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,565
  • Post Score: 236

01.16.2024 | 12:13 PM ET

**** interest, **** debt, owe no one and be free

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,470  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6,582
  • Post Score: 133

01.16.2024 | 2:28 PM ET

Meanwhile the US is having record low temperature, what year was it chicken little said the sky was falling and global warming.
Think so degenerate gave him a award for fake amargeddoning low IQ types now governments throw billions away to go green.
We got like 8-9 inches more fresh snow up here in AK with freezing rain today gonna go back to 26 below next couple day.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,131  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,213
  • Post Score: 137

01.16.2024 | 5:25 PM ET

@JM Barrie

You still have to make 120 (10 years worth) of payments but Biden admin changed the rule that they don't have to all be consecutive, which was of course the dumbest **** ever. If you pissed 1 payment in those 10 years your student loan forgiveness was ruined.

But yes, once you make 120 payments on your debt as a civil servant it's wiped regardless of how much you still owe. You could make 120 minimum payments and pay nothing towards your principal if you want. Just make sure your employer is approved first (should be good if it's a non-profit).

I'm always dumbfounded how little people understand about Americas financial system. There's no point to even having a credit card if you're not going to hold debt on it. Having a credit card and paying it off every single month literally negatively effects your overall credit score. 
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,470  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6,582
  • Post Score: 133

01.17.2024 | 1:53 AM ET

Never had debt cc has boosted my credit like 700 poins 
Buy stugf pay it off = + credit pretty simple  credit is 780 or something.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,911  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,626
  • Post Score: -69

01.17.2024 | 2:40 AM ET

My credit score is like 790.

If my area had better mobile home options, I would buy one of those.

I see about the 120 payments.  I'll have to look into it I guess.  My monthly payments are still at zero but I have noticed the number of qualifying payments go down each month.  Not sure what is going on.  I don't really care.  Take my student loans away, I still won't vote for you.  LUL.

Also dont you mean it positively effects your overall credit score?
Missing payments is bad news. ( also costly, my credit credit charges $30 for a late fee)

When my care credit is all paid off, I do see myself thinking about what else I need done just so I can keep paying off a loan.

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,165  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,806
  • Post Score: -24

01.17.2024 | 3:42 AM ET

joshjeffords you big genius you do realize extreme weather conditions in both directions (YES, even if they're extremely cold) are consequences of climate change, right?

* Edited at 01.17.2024, 3:45 AM ET *

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,131  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,213
  • Post Score: 137

01.17.2024 | 9:34 AM ET

@JM Barrie

Big difference between only making the minimum payment, making more than the minimum payment, and paying off an entire balance each month on a credit card. You should always be paying at least double the minimum payment on a credit card each month.

Now, that's not to say you should never pay a credit card off completely. However, if you consistently use the credit card to make a purchase and then just immediately pay it off, you're not building any credit. 
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,465  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  6,078
  • Post Score: 171

01.17.2024 | 1:02 PM ET

since the UFC's stance on the BMF belt has flip flopped so much, I'm confused about the Gaethje vs Holloway fight. So is Bruce going to announce Gaethje as the "reigning, defending, undisputed BMF champion" despite the title not being recognized as an official championship belt? 

"Through the Gates of Hell"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

01.17.2024 | 1:04 PM ET

They won't do it but Buffer should just introduce him as "The number 2 ranked lightweight in the world and the baddest ***********er in the world; Justin "the highlight" Gaejthe". Might make the cringe concept cool

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  42,115  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,403
  • Post Score: 287

01.17.2024 | 8:48 PM ET

"The reigning, defending, undisputed fighter that the company want to be the champion due to their marketability but likely never will" champion of the wooorrrrld...."

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

01.17.2024 | 8:55 PM ET

I think they like Islam being champ, especially got all the sucking up they have for oil barons.Decent name, has all that"Khabib's heir" ******** and it's hard to call him boring after subbing oliveira having a fight of the year contender then koing the p4p 1 guy in a round. Seems like the BMF is usually just used to add a title fight, a superficial dog**** one but all the same, like how Poirier Gaejthe would have sold but putting that platinum plastic ************* on the cover makes them more comfortable. People asked for 3 title fights on UFC 300, they get a bmf one lol

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,465  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  6,078
  • Post Score: 171

01.18.2024 | 8:00 AM ET

completely unrelated to MMA, but i thought this was pretty damn cool 

"Through the Gates of Hell"

Page 851

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Gordon Talks Upcoming Fight With Nasrat Haqparast, Paddy Pimblett vs. Bobby Green And Controversial Loss To ‘The Baddy’
  • MMA Junkie : Nassourdine Imavov: Referee made the right decision in TKO win over Jared Cannonier at UFC on ESPN 57
  • Bad Left Hook : Garcia arrested for felony vandalism
  • MMAFighting.com : Nassourdine Imavov on controversial Jared Cannonier stoppage at UFC Louisville: ‘It was the right decision’
  • MMA Junkie : Rizin 47 results: Kyoji Horiguchi outworks Sergio Pettis, Erbst taps Archuleta
  • Bad Left Hook : Pacquiao vs Suzuki exhibition set for July 28
  • Bad Left Hook : Manny Pacquiao vs Chihiro Suzuki exhibition set for July 28
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k You!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reveals shocking Howie Mandel podcast walkout was planned
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Arrested At Beverly Hills Hotel For Felony Vandalism With Reportedly Over $15K In Damages
  • MMA Junkie : UFC signs Rizin bantamweight champion Kai Asakura
  • MMAFighting.com : Raul Rosas Jr. reveals conversation with Ricky Turcios after choking him out at UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall's successful pro debut sets up MMA rematch with boxing rival Claressa Shields
  • Jits Magazine : Fight 2 Win 254 Full Results And Review
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley addresses bad blood with Conor McGregor: ‘I think he realized what he said was stupid’
  • MMA Junkie : How to watch PFL 2024, Week 4: Who's fighting, lineup, start time, broadcast info
  • MMAFighting.com : Manny Pacquiao to face RIZIN champion Chihiro Suzuki in boxing exhibition in July
  • MMA Mania : Manny Pacquiao vs. Chihiro Suzuki Set For July 28. At Super RIZIN 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Nassourdine Imavov nets $6k for main event
  • MMAFighting.com : Kai Asakura announces move to UFC, vacates RIZIN bantamweight title