Topic: Anderson Silva

Anderson "The Ducker" Silva

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Sonnen for Prez
Sonnen for Prez
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: -347

10.17.2011 | 9:13 AM ET

If Silva manages to duck Sonnen and gets out of the rematch he should give up the belt.

Thoughts?

"Silva Sucks"

Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Anderson da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-11-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Spider
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 31, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 77.5" (197cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,857,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Muay Thai
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 7

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

10.17.2011 | 11:30 PM ET

@DelRose I'll take that bet.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

10.17.2011 | 11:39 PM ET

@capt Sonnen is the second best middle weight in the world right now and that fight was a lot closer than gsp and fitch.  While sonnen should not get a bunch of title shots with how close the first fight was mixed with the dismantling of the stann fight mixed with the trash talk this fight needs to happen period.  If sonnen loses the rematch he should have to win five fights in a row to get another shot if he gets another shot period.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman
  • Predictions:  296  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  315
  • Post Score: 139

10.17.2011 | 11:45 PM ET

I will agree that his trash talk is a HUGE part as to why this needs to and is gonna happen. Otherwise, it was just another close fight, with the champion able to overcome a huge obstacle. 

And I almost want to say that Okami is #2 right now, regardless of losing to Silva, but then I also remember that he did lose to Sonnen. But I do think people don't give Okami enough credit. He got snuffed his title shot before it was cool

"I'll kill you! I'll kill you to death!"

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011
  • Predictions:  17,099  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,674
  • Post Score: 177

10.17.2011 | 11:48 PM ET

Silva vs Sonnen II DALLAS TEXAS COWBOYS STADIUM..MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA AND JOE SILVA :D

"The only way to guarantee failure is by giving up" Frank Mir

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

10.17.2011 | 11:56 PM ET

@capt okami is a solid fighter for sure and does not get enough credit for sure.  okami really should have gotten his rematch sooner but he did have the injury lay off and a couple losses in there so its understandable.  

I dont know how anyone doesnt have sonnen as number two.  That stann win after a beating he gave to the consensus number one even if he lost.  No one else did even close to that to silva.  If it wasnt for silvas air of invincibility it might be different but that sonnen was able to do that to the invincible silva is nuts.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Sonnen for Prez
Sonnen for Prez

10.18.2011 | 7:34 AM ET

All I'm saying is they should of brought out two versions of the new UFC game, one with Silva on the cover and one with Sonnen on the cover and seen which sold more.

"Silva Sucks"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

10.18.2011 | 7:44 AM ET

@Sonnen I think Silva would outsell Sonnen for sure on the cover, more casual fans who don't even really watch UFC know who Anderson Silva is, they don't know who Chael Sonnen is.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

jesuseatsnubs
jesuseatsnubs
  • Predictions:  890  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  336
  • Post Score: -141

10.18.2011 | 7:48 AM ET

I think both GSP and Anderson Silva are gonna go on a losing streak very soon .. competition is getting much tougher with guys like Alan Belcher , Chael sonnen , Jake ellenberger , Carlos Condit , Anthony Rumble Johnson
Sonnen for Prez
Sonnen for Prez

10.18.2011 | 7:53 AM ET

@poir only because they mistake Silva for Rampage

"Silva Sucks"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

10.18.2011 | 8:34 AM ET

This thread is getting insane, but i have to add my 2 cents. In no way, shape, or form do i believe Ed Soares has any influence on who Dana and Joe Silva want him to fight. This fight will happen, and i can't wait to read the threads after it's all over. I will say that i won't be disappointed if Chael doesn't get the next title shot. Jon Fitch is worlds 2nd best WW (arguably next to condit) and he hasn't gotten his shot 3 1/2 years later. That said, Jon Fitch doesn't talk the talk that Chael does, and even tho they are both wrestlers, Chaels fights tend to be 100 times more fun to watch.

Does Chael deserve his title shot not, i think so. Will he get it, i give it a 95% chance he does. He actually fought Anderson and nearly beat him; which is alot more than any fighter in the last 6 years can come close to saying.

As far as Vitor goes, i agree with Chael 100% about Vitor, he needs to shut up after he was just brutally KO'd. Not to mention he would beat the crap out of Vitor with his wrestling just like Randy Couture did twice.....

TJ Combo
TJ Combo
  • Predictions:  2,896  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  310
  • Post Score: 130

10.18.2011 | 9:29 AM ET

youre cutting a little close with the silva/rampage comment. i'd watch it.

the sonnen trolls/fanclub need to relax. maybe not in your parallel universe, but here in reality..its been 10 days. the fight will most likely happen.

i think silva and ed will get the paperwork done on their own time, not b/c sonnen told them to. bas kinda touched on this on inside mma. 

"Life is simple, perish or you own it. Bury your opponent, and cherish every moment. -Madchild"

Sonnen for Prez
Sonnen for Prez

10.18.2011 | 9:34 AM ET

The silva/rampage comment was just a play on words from the following Sonnen quote:

"....So who cares, they go make the little action figures and the two little kids that bought em, are probably pretty upset, their parents probably thought it was Quinton Jackson when they bought it for them and the kids had a disappointing Christmas I would imagine" - Referring to Silva's action figure

"Silva Sucks"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.18.2011 | 11:29 AM ET

That's not what a "play on words" is

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

10.18.2011 | 1:29 PM ET

@buffalo ben nice!! 

@sonnen for prez and @tj i read it as calling a lot of fans dumb, which for the most part id agree with.  

I repeat as has been my stance on this topic since it started, Both are exceptionally good fighters.  I cant stand anderson silva and root against him in every fight hes had since the first franklin fight.  I remember betting drinks with my buddy kerry for a couple fights back then.  I dont like him, i dont have a good reason for it, and i dont mind.  I also think he is very talented and can beat anyone in the world at 185.  I want sonnen to beat the piss outta him. 

Sonnen for Prez
Sonnen for Prez

10.18.2011 | 1:53 PM ET

lol no not a play on words but hopefully explains that the original silva/rampage comment was not intended to offend

"Silva Sucks"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.18.2011 | 2:09 PM ET

I think we are all cool in here. Are you guys cool? I'm cool.

* Edited at 10.18.2011, 2:09 PM ET *

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

10.18.2011 | 2:14 PM ET

i even gave sonnen for prez an up arrow. -386. thats beyond "haven" territory. stick to your guns i say. i get hammered myself if i praise Nick Diaz.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

10.18.2011 | 2:16 PM ET

@Wolf I've never down arrowed your love for Nick Diaz...I don't need to down arrow on top of the fact you're already wrong!!!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

10.18.2011 | 2:21 PM ET

well here comes a few. Nick Diaz is putting on a stellar performance vs baby j and will tko him in the second round. i'm added this to my sig come ufc 137 week. "I'm gonna come out of my hell hole and i'm gonna beat you down!"  ND. 209.
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

10.18.2011 | 2:23 PM ET

Stockton mutha******s!!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘I’ll Be Fighting For The Title Next Year’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Credits Colby Covington For Ian Garry Troll Job: ‘Some Of His Finest Work’
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler UFC 303 poster features yellow yelling faces
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Derrick Lewis deliver another knockout at UFC St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMA Mania : ‘You’re Not A Real Man!’ Sterling And O’Malley Reignite Rivalry
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan’s Coach Doesn’t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon
  • UFC.com : Olympians To Compete In The UFC