Topic: Anderson Silva

Anderson "The Ducker" Silva

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Sonnen for Prez
Sonnen for Prez
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: -347

10.17.2011 | 9:13 AM ET

If Silva manages to duck Sonnen and gets out of the rematch he should give up the belt.

Thoughts?

"Silva Sucks"

Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Anderson da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-11-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Spider
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 31, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 77.5" (197cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,857,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Muay Thai
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 6

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

10.17.2011 | 6:38 PM ET

@Kallous,

I was talking to Crum, he seems to have nothing but bad things to say to me, personally.

But you are a quality poster and I respect your opinion on every topic, whether we agree of disagree.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,345  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,433
  • Post Score: 204

10.17.2011 | 6:40 PM ET

What's even the point of this thread.
Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

10.17.2011 | 6:42 PM ET

@bassist, I say the stuff I say because your posts never make sense.  It's nothing against you as a person or anything.  But a lot of people on here pose valid arguments about various topics.  But saying stuff like Anderson sucks and that he's never beaten anyone credible and stuff like that is just foolish.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

10.17.2011 | 6:42 PM ET

I think anderson and his people will try their hardest to avoid having a rematch with chael. Everybody knows silva got completely worked over and dominated in their first fight. He threw up a hail mary sub after getting the **** beat out of him for 4 and a half rounds. 
xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

10.17.2011 | 6:45 PM ET

That's funny @Crum, I don't remember saying EITHER of those things...

But I will say that I dislike Silva, and regardless of my reasoning, you have no choice but to accept that it's my opinion.

That doesn't mean he's a bad fighter, because he isn't. But as @AFC just said, his camp will try to help him avoid that fight.

http://mma.sbnation.com/2011/10/14/2489740/is-ufc-middleweight-champion-anderson-silva-ducking-chael-sonnen

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

10.17.2011 | 6:46 PM ET

@acfmma. i absolutely agree with that statement. man, this is the busiest monday i have ever seen.
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

10.17.2011 | 6:51 PM ET

I don't think Anderson is ducking Sonnen, I think everyone is all just trying to rush it since Sonnen did just win and everybody, including myself, wants to see this fight. I dont know Silva personally but I think he is confident enough, or ****y enough, believe in his abilities to beat Sonnen. Anderson likely doesnt give a crap about Sonnens statements are wishes. 

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Jono
Jono
  • Predictions:  2,901  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  417
  • Post Score: 54

10.17.2011 | 6:52 PM ET

Silva's opponents usually suffer the silva affect and can't settle into a groove, often throwing sloppy or tentative strikes or shoot from far distances and hesitate to commit on anything in fear of getting countered and getting KOd.  Sonnen seems to have a smiliar affect lately to his opponents, they can't settle into a groove and half heartly paw out jabs or can't commit to a power strike in fear of getting takendown and GnPd.  All I can say is that I HOPE this fight happens as I personally can't wait to see who gets to implement their game plan first.  They know each other's game now better than ever having fought already, and one thing for sure it's gonna be a spectacular fight and I get goose bumps thinking about it.
FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,345  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,433
  • Post Score: 204

10.17.2011 | 6:55 PM ET

The thing is people always give Silva the time he needs to figure them out and finish them.  Sonnen put the pressure on him immediately and was able to throw Silva off.  I can't wait to see how this fight plays out.
CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman
  • Predictions:  296  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  315
  • Post Score: 139

10.17.2011 | 7:20 PM ET

LOL @ hail mary sub...

"I'll kill you! I'll kill you to death!"

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

10.17.2011 | 8:04 PM ET

LOL at not thinking it was hail mary!

You don't lay there for 4 1/2 rounds eating punches to the face for no reason.

The guy tried it as a last ditch effort, and it worked. Hence, hail mary.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

10.17.2011 | 8:06 PM ET

This is why there needs to be a rematch.  And there will be a rematch.  Nobody is ducking anyone.  It's obviously going to happen, and it's going to be awesome.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,708  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

10.17.2011 | 8:23 PM ET

Wow this thread got heated.  Just adding this in, I really dislike anderson and im a big fan of sonnen.  Silva pulled out a last ditch effort that worked extremely well when he was losing the fight with sonnen. Sonnen has come into his own and forced his contendership down everyones throats and thats going to rub people the wrong way.  The rematch will happen and like greg said it will be awesome!! Im going to be pulling and cheering for sonnen but i would never say anderson silva was a bad fighter! He seems like a jerk to me and i could be really wrong i dont know, but he is an AMAZING fighter when he does what hes good at.  

As for people bringing up cote earlier, hes a fighter that gets a lot of hate on here.  I like the guy he always seems like a really nice guy and comes out to do what he says hes going to do.  I was a fan of his when he stepped up all chubby to fight tito for the belt on his first fight in the ufc.  He came out to fight anderson and just didnt succeed in doing so.  Hope he makes it back to the ufc soon.  

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

slapedurmomsace
slapedurmomsace
  • Predictions:  879  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  62
  • Post Score: 47

10.17.2011 | 9:09 PM ET

Sonnen obviously has a change, but I do believe his best show at winning was their first fight. Anderson now knows wrestling abilities and power first hand. I honestly see Anderson having a better game plan for when he gets taken down. I also see Anderson hurting him in the 3rd or 4th before and while Sonnen goes for a take down. I hope im wrong, but either way Sonnen has the best chance at beating Silva at 185lbs, andill include a 185 GSP moving up

"Jackson the JRT..the original Rampage!!"

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

10.17.2011 | 10:02 PM ET

Isn't the point of a sub to end the fight? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

darth_nanners
darth_nanners
  • Predictions:  2,440  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: 170

10.17.2011 | 10:02 PM ET

This thread right here is one of the reasons that this fight will happen. A fight that generate this much interest and divide fans into "camps" is only good for Chael's chances at getting a rematch. No matter if you love or hate Sonnen when he opens his mouth people listen even if they don't like what he has to say, likewise anytime Silva fights people tune in to see him work his "magic" despite their opinion of him. Now when you mix the two together it means that lots and lots of people are gonna gonna be shelling out their hard earned money to watch this fight. Myself personally I was interested in this fight before Sonnen started his smack talking again, and even if he does sometimes sound like he should be in the WWE you gotta admit he can sell a fight.

"insert random generic/inspirational message here."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,708  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

10.17.2011 | 10:54 PM ET

@captainsuperman you are very correct.  The only reason its controversial at all is because sonnen beat up anderson so much in that fight and that sub was the only thing anderson could do.  I mean literally up until that sub, marquart put up a better fight to sonnen.  Its two guys that are pretty much either loved or hated that are at the very top going at it again.  

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

haven
haven
  • Predictions:  94,655  |  52.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,030
  • Post Score: 188

10.17.2011 | 10:55 PM ET

i think is going time that someone will take is belt

"i like mma and the tapology"

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

10.17.2011 | 11:14 PM ET

@Pierce I get what people are trying to say, but they go around claiming things that seem so ridiculous, I can't help but argue against it. Lucky sub? No matter when or what the circumstances are, if you lock in a triangle, you're doing it for one reason, and it's to finish the fight. It's different from maybe a guy who is a boxer who went from throwing straights and hooks to giant looping haymakers, hoping to end the fight. 

All I have to say is, are we gonna keep giving Sonnen rematch after rematch until he wins because 'he came close last time"? 

DelRose
DelRose

10.17.2011 | 11:19 PM ET

Anderson is gonna win again, I'll bet my life earnings on it.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Ramirez vs Barthelemy: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Liisi Vaht Makes Flawless Debut In ONE Friday Fights 60 Results
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ‘Platinum’ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Official Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (9 p.m. ET)
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Recalls Justin Gaethje’s ‘Vibranium’ Leg Kicks: ‘This Guy Kick Hard As Sh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : Vanessa Demopoulos prepared to get used to familiarity with UFC opponents like Emily Ducote
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video at 9 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Hoping For McGregor ‘Of Old’ At UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Esparza loses three belts on scale
  • Bad Left Hook : Spence reportedly in ligation with former trainer over unpaid fees
  • Bad Left Hook : Errol Spence reportedly in ligation with trainer Derrick James over unpaid fees