Topic: Anderson Silva

Anderson "The Ducker" Silva

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Sonnen for Prez
Sonnen for Prez
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: -347

10.17.2011 | 9:13 AM ET

If Silva manages to duck Sonnen and gets out of the rematch he should give up the belt.

Thoughts?

"Silva Sucks"

Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Anderson da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-11-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Spider
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 31, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 77.5" (197cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,857,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Muay Thai
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 4

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

10.17.2011 | 3:36 PM ET

Thanks @poir, neither Belfort nor Sonnen sustained much damage in their last fight.  That is an intriguing fight in my opinion considering they both want another crack at the title.  Also I have both of them ranked in the top 5.  Makes sense to me if the UFC wanted to take that route.  Don't take one of your best fighters of all time and put him into a predicament just to sell a PPV.  

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

K1 Shields
K1 Shields
  • Predictions:  405  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  692
  • Post Score: 41

10.17.2011 | 3:37 PM ET

@Poir If Andy can get in Belfort's head by wearing a foolish mask, Sonnen would cause the poor guy to have a nervous breakdown.

"Anderson Silva you SUCK!!" - Chael Sonnen UFC 136.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

10.17.2011 | 3:39 PM ET

@K1 I never said I thought Belfort would win the fight...but hey it's a fight you never know. I really like Belfort but honestly I don't think he'd be able to stop Sonnen's take down's. However it's still a fight I wouldn't mind seeing instead of having Sonnen wait until sometime in 2012

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

10.17.2011 | 3:40 PM ET

I had okami #2 mw because he proved he was. He then proved that he had no interest in getting into a fight with Silva. If someone could make a valid argument against Chael as the #1 contender I'd love to hear it. Chael vs Vitor would be fine but it would go a lot like Stann/Sonnen. I hate to say that too cuz Vitor is one of my favorite fighters. Chael is not getting rewarded for **** talking he's getting rewarded for his performance against Silva/Stann.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.17.2011 | 3:41 PM ET

K1 in da HOWSE!!  Anderson got in his head because they know each other from before, and Anderson had a real reason for being mad at him. Chael fabricates his feuds. He doesn't eve know these people in real life. He even admited once that he doesn't hate Paulo filho, in fact he doesn't even know him. The only real emotion he feels towards Anderson Silva is jealosy.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

K1 Shields
K1 Shields

10.17.2011 | 3:47 PM ET

@Buffalo You must be joking if you say Chael fabricates his feuds he isn't Josh K. Did he lose the fight and say "oh I was just trying to sell the fight... I didn't mean any of it" no he didnt. Chael is the first real fighter Andy fought and he got dominated, destroyed a broken rib and all that loss did was motivate Chael to come back greater than Andy could ever expect. Andy is a coward and will try to get out of the Sonnen fight anyway he can.

Crumx7
Crumx7

10.17.2011 | 3:48 PM ET

I agree @ben, not to mention in an interview with Ariel Helwani he gave props to Anderson because of the way he dances.  It doesn't say much, but it shows that Chael may not be as much of an ****** as he makes himself out to be.  He destroyed Stann, that's a fact, and I'm not saying that Sonnen doesn't deserve the shot.  But like I said, if Anderson needs to recover, the UFC needs to give him time.  

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

10.17.2011 | 3:52 PM ET

I know that Chael never had anything to do with Anderson Silva or vice versa until Chael wanted to fight Anderson Silva. What does that tell you?

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

10.17.2011 | 3:53 PM ET

He's a coward because he fought with an injured rib? uhu

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

10.17.2011 | 3:54 PM ET

sonnen should have the next shot vs andy. another thing if you watch the second fight sonnen had with filho you can tell he knew something was wrong with filho and when he knew he was going to win the fight kinda took it easy on him.
K1 Shields
K1 Shields

10.17.2011 | 3:59 PM ET

@Ben it seems like every fight nowadays Andy is in he has some sort of injury. Like Sonnen said almost EVERY fighter goes into a fight with injuries. Dominick Cruz fought with a broken ******* hand and didn't say a word about it. Andy's rib wasn't that bad until Sonnen got his hands on him and broke it.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

10.17.2011 | 4:14 PM ET

i have to agree with k-1. there are fighters who have fought with broken hand and a foot. i hate to bring up jamie varner but he is one who had those injuries and a detached retina if my memory serves me right vs cerrone. he eventually said he could not go on but it was in the 4th round.i think matt hamill had those same injuries vs jardine(except the eye injury) if you watch the ryo chonan (close to that name) that submission he put on andy was realy good and andy tapped immediately. i think silva can dish out punishment but can't take it and he took alot of punishment in the last sonnen match. you think he would want to fight him immediately and punish sonnen but there might be some doubt in his mind. just my opinion.

* Edited at 10.17.2011, 4:15 PM ET *

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

10.17.2011 | 4:35 PM ET

Well there is an x-ray from before the fight that says otherswise. The man is pushing 40, is it that unbelievable that he is gettiing a lot of injuries fighting these bad, bad dudes?

Crumx7
Crumx7

10.17.2011 | 4:38 PM ET

I seriously doubt that EVERY fighter is injured going into a fight.  Some may be soar or something like that.  Broken or soar ribs are a full blown injury.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

10.17.2011 | 4:39 PM ET

andy won't be 40 until april of 2015. all those bad dudes he has fought have hardly laid a hand on him except sonnen.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben

10.17.2011 | 4:40 PM ET

are we really going after the man for having an injured shoulder and an injured rib before that? Give me a break fellas.

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

10.17.2011 | 4:44 PM ET

With as hard as most of these guys train injuries happen all the time. It's very rare that a fighter is 100% going into a fight. That's just the way it is. Some fighters don't announce their injuries though so you never hear about it.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

K1 Shields
K1 Shields

10.17.2011 | 4:46 PM ET

@Ben ya @Wolf is right nobody has ever really laid a beating on him. He ALWAYS has some sort of "injury" plaguing him. He always complains about them too, and I believe I said this before in the thread but MOST FIGHTERS GO INTO FIGHTS INJURED. Sonnen could have gone in with injuries to, but Sonnen wont ***** and complain because it doesn't make for an excuse. 

Crumx7
Crumx7

10.17.2011 | 4:50 PM ET

Anderson didn't ***** and complain.  Please enlighten me on when Anderson has ever said he's been injured going into a fight besides the one with Chael.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

10.17.2011 | 4:51 PM ET

its amazing how much i'm agreeing with K-1. i'll bet 1/3 of the fighters who fought anderson had some kind of injury and said nothing. they sucked it up. andy has to live with a higher standard b/c he is P4P the greatest in the world. travis lutter was probably dehedryated b/c he had to lose a certain amount of weight to make it a title fight. he did not succeed but i bet he tried like hell and could not possibly be even 85% of the fighter he could have been. his fault but still i don't remember him *****ing about it.

* Edited at 10.17.2011, 4:53 PM ET *

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! McGregor’s Comeback Fight Poster Is A Complete Disaster
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’ll Be Fighting For The Title Next Year’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Credits Colby Covington For Ian Garry Troll Job: ‘Some Of His Finest Work’
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler UFC 303 poster features yellow yelling faces
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Derrick Lewis deliver another knockout at UFC St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMA Mania : ‘You’re Not A Real Man!’ Sterling And O’Malley Reignite Rivalry
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan’s Coach Doesn’t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon