Topic: Anderson Silva

Anderson "The Ducker" Silva

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Sonnen for Prez
Sonnen for Prez
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: -347

10.17.2011 | 9:13 AM ET

If Silva manages to duck Sonnen and gets out of the rematch he should give up the belt.

Thoughts?

"Silva Sucks"

Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Anderson da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-11-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Spider
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 31, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 77.5" (197cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,857,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Muay Thai
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 3

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

10.17.2011 | 12:36 PM ET

So an injured shoulder won't allow him to accept a fight with Chael? They don't have to fight tomorrow! Accept the damn challenge and Dana can set the fight for when he's 100% healthy. Anderson has unfinished business at 185 before he thinks about fighting GSP.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.17.2011 | 12:38 PM ET

He's going to fight Chael, but he is not going to accept his stupid "loser leaves down" ******** challenge. He's above that.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat

10.17.2011 | 12:44 PM ET

I agree. That is stupid and those stipulations should not and will not be enforced. I would have just liked for Silva to have got up in the cage and got in Chael's face and let people know he wants to fight him in his next fight. All I've heard is Soares making up lame excuses about why Sonnen shouldn't get a rematch. Chael is eager to fight Silva but that is not a 2 way street.

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

10.17.2011 | 12:47 PM ET

Chael wasn't cutting some B.S. WWE promo...he's serious if he loses to Anderson he'll leave the UFC, because he knows that Dana and Joe won't give him a third shot at the belt

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

10.17.2011 | 12:51 PM ET

chael was doing his job as a fighter in title contention....b4 that fight, we were talking munoz/leben winner, vitor rematch, and hendo rematch....that promo just jumped chael to the front of the line...i also think people wanna see silva lose...nothing personal, but fighters reach that corner where it goes from "man, they're unbeatable!!" to "man.....they're unbeatable....." gsp is there, silva is there....

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

norbar
norbar
  • Predictions:  2,367  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  473
  • Post Score: 129

10.17.2011 | 1:03 PM ET

Sherdog trolls found about tapology? We are f*cked

"“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” ― Oscar Wilde"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

10.17.2011 | 1:04 PM ET

The champ shouldn't get into the cage to challenge the next contender.

He shouldn't even assume who the next contender is. 

"I live, I die, I live again."

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

10.17.2011 | 1:19 PM ET

Apparently everyone on here talks to Anderson and he tells them that he doesn't want to fight Chael.  Just because Soares says it doesn't mean it's true.  Chael knows how to talk, and that's why he's getting the title shot.  He's not like these other guys that keep fighting and accept a title shot when it is offered to them.  Unless you hear it straight from Anderson that he refuses to fight Chael, people need to relax.  You're all quick to jump on Anderson because of what Soares says.  Just chill.

* Edited at 10.17.2011, 1:21 PM ET *

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

10.17.2011 | 1:21 PM ET

@crum I agree I don't think Anderson is ducking anything Soares was just voicing his opinion, it has nothing to do with Silva. He has a known shoulder injury so it might be a little bit before the fight happens but I'm quite sure that will be his next opponent and he will take the fight.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

10.17.2011 | 1:24 PM ET

I agree with @ Gregory. If Chael wants the fight, he can try and get the fight. All Silva needs to do is show up for wheover they put in front of him.

Crumx7
Crumx7

10.17.2011 | 1:25 PM ET

@poir Thanks for agreeing.  Chael fans will be quick to dispute and say that Anderson is a ***** and that he sucks, all while providing no evidence that he sucks.  It really makes no sense to me.  Anderson has fought and beat everyone the UFC has placed in front of him including Chael.  All they have as a rebuttal is that Chael was dominating him.  Well, Chael had more visible damage done to him than Anderson did.  I think there are a lot of people that hate Anderson, I really don't get it.

* Edited at 10.17.2011, 1:26 PM ET *

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

poir420
poir420

10.17.2011 | 1:40 PM ET

Honestly I wanted to see Silva lose for awhile I was never really a fan of him. Maybe because of the way he annihilated Franklin who I was a big fan of.  However after seeing his domination I can't help but like this guy now. To say he sucks is totally ridiculous, it would be a much easier argument to say Sonnen sucks but I wont say that either as much as I don't like him. The guy has insane wrestling and seems to be able to take anyone to the ground.

The people saying Silva sucks hold no weight in any argument about mma.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

10.17.2011 | 1:48 PM ET

Oh boy.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

10.17.2011 | 1:58 PM ET

crumx7 & poir420 hit the nail on the head here. . . . . I too think Anderson wants the fight, but other then doing saying one sentence to answer each question at a press conference, when does he ever speak? He doesn't talk ****, he shows up to fight and takes all his aggression out then. The bottom line is they are both great fighters and the rematch should happen. Chael's promoting his way from his end, and Soares is saying what he's saying to 1) get under Chael's skin and 2) to make more money for Anderson (which directly reflects his pay as well).... It's smart business, that's all.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben

10.17.2011 | 1:59 PM ET

Also its all that Chael deserves. Silva doesn't need to play his game.

p4pgoat
p4pgoat

10.17.2011 | 3:20 PM ET

Saying Silva sucks is ridiclous and not in any way true. People get a little carried away. Silva is the best 185er and there is no doubt. Saying Chael is only going to get a shot because of his mouth is equally as ridiclous though. Who if not Sonnen should get a shot? Chael has proved in the octagon he's the #2 guy by far. Don't get wrapped up in the crazy talk and focus more on what he can do in the cage. I do love how on this site someone says one little thing about Silva and everyone's panties get in a bunch while someone disrespects GSP and everyone jumps all over it and beats the dead horse of "he can't finish" which is as outlandish as saying "Silva sucks."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

10.17.2011 | 3:26 PM ET

^ Says the guy that had Yushin Okami ranked #1 recently!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Crumx7
Crumx7

10.17.2011 | 3:31 PM ET

I wouldn't have a problem with Sonnen vs. Belfort which they could very well do if Anderson needed time to heal his shoulder.  The UFC should cater their champions who pull PPV buys and good ratings, not trash talkers with a chip on their shoulders.  There are several ways around giving Chael the rematch this fast, now I'm not saying I'm against it.  However the UFC should not feel inclined to set up that fight so fast, especially if Anderson is still recovering.

poir420
poir420

10.17.2011 | 3:33 PM ET

@Crum not a bad idea they should set up belfort vs sonnen in december and then come march silva should be good to go for the winner

K1 Shields
K1 Shields
  • Predictions:  405  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  692
  • Post Score: 41

10.17.2011 | 3:36 PM ET

Of course old Andy is going to duck Sonnen, Andy doesn't like to fight, he likes to dance and clown and annoy his opponents. Yushin was doing just fine until the hands starting moving and he broke out the dance moves. Andy knows Chael isn't intimidated by his dancing and the fact he trains with Steve Seagull. This fight will be set up, Andy will pull out with something or lose and say "oh I was injured blah blah blah" because all he ever has is excuses. The fact is Chael is better than Andy EVERYWHERE and he is going to force Andy to move up to light heavyweight.

"Anderson Silva you SUCK!!" - Chael Sonnen UFC 136.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : DAZN and WBC announce content partnership
  • Middle Easy : Ex-MMA Champion Expects Jon Jones to Make Quick Work of Alex Pereira in Potential Clash: ‘It’s Over in Like Two Minutes’
  • MMA Mania : Bookies Set Lines On Drake Vs Kendrick Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Usman sleeps Masvidal, a Shevchenko head kick and more UFC legendary moments without commentary
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Misfits Boxing 14 Press Conference Video!
  • MMA Mania : Sphere Today, Gone Tomorrow
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Jon Jones vs. Alex Pereira, UFC St. Louis, Aldo and Pantoja aftermath, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live at 12:30 p.m. ET
  • Bad Left Hook : WBO orders Buatsi vs Yarde for interim title
  • MMA Junkie : Aljamain Sterling reignites rivalry with Sean O'Malley: 'You're a sorry-ass champion'
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Is A Female Rocky’
  • MMA Junkie : After UFC 301 TKO win, Alessandro Costa calls for ranked opponent: 'I've proven that I'm at that level'
  • MMAFighting.com : Cory Sandhagen gets real on Umar Nurmagomedov: ‘It’s going to be a pain in the ass of a fight’
  • Jits Magazine : Watch Mikey Musumeci Training Wrestling With NCAA Champion Roman Bravo-Young
  • MMA Junkie : Kai Kara-France eyes UFC 305 return: 'Steve Erceg let's settle it in Perth'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC owners address concerns over new TV deal, future of UFC APEX shows, and The Sphere being ‘one and done’
  • MMA Mania : Steveson Training MMA Following WWE Release
  • MMA Junkie : Rodrigo Nascimento confident ahead of UFC on ESPN 56 main event vs. Derrick Lewis: 'I have many ways to beat him'
  • MMAFighting.com : Chael Sonnen doesn’t consider himself a UFC Hall of Famer despite 2024 induction
  • UFC.com : Games Global Signs Exclusive Partnership With UFC To Produce Unique Branded Digital Slots